• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Reason Why The Abduction phenomena Gets No where

Since we're making a series of broad statements here, why not add my own:

Fewer abductions happen to "minorities" because they live in more-urbanized areas as a whole. Clearly, this probably makes it harder for the little guys to do their work. As a result, white folks regardless of income - who probably tend to live in more varied (and potentially remote) geographical locations - have larger sample sizes.

From what I understand the experincer’s conscious has been immersed in some type of field, and tampered with. Perhaps the experincer’s conscious has a heightened ability, and is able to interact with the phenomenon. I don’t recall ever hearing of a blind, or deaf person interacting with the abductee phenomenon. On another note, I would not doubt an experincer passing a lie detector test, because in their mind they were actually abducted.

One of the aspects of the abduction phenomenon I had the priviledge of briefly discussing with Budd Hopkins a year or so ago was that the pattern of influence of the abductors over the abductees mimics (if it isn't just blatant) hypnosis. The basic definition of hypnosis is occupying the conscious critical filters of the subject in order to obtain direct connection with the subconsiuos mind.

Taking this into consideration, and allowing in this instance for an actual abduction having taken place, those abducted are being "hypnotized" and remain so during their experiences. This could be accomplished just as easily by today's humans as it could by a more advanced, space-faring race. Since, during hypnosis, memories can be created and destroyed, the abductors--whoever they are--are creating a scenario in the mind of the victim that they will take with them as real, genuine memory. This being the case, when they are hypnotized for the purpose of retreiving those memories, the original imprint left either by the experience or those who abducted the person, is what comes through during the sessions.

I do think it interesting that few "alien implant" cases have a direct connection to an "alien abduction" case, and vice versa. People have either been abducted or they have an implant or they were taken aboard a ship and given information for the rest of the human race.

As to the breakdown of the demographics, it seems that other cultures--even in the United States--are far less likely to talk about something this odd and out of the ordinary happening to them than the typical middle-aged suburbanite. The middle-age period of our lives is when we start getting things in order for the second half of our life, and it may be that it is in this time of reflection and organization that we start to deal with this ideas, thoughts, and memories.

And on the topic of scientific inquiry, an alien abductio simply isn't reproduceable in a laboratory environment. What needs to happen (and I know this sounds kooky and a tad creepy) is someone who believes they are experiencing ongoing abductions needs to be rigged with fiberoptic camera equipment with a high-capacity DVR to record each and every night of their existence (since mos of these things happen when people are in bed). The DVR needs to be swapped out with a new one every day, and the video needs to be analyzed by researchers for any evidence of an overnight disturbance in the subject's life. Room, outdoor, and other camera equipment should also be used, and DVRs used to record these areas at the same period of time (all units time-synced), in order to see if anything is caught on the recordings that indicates an abduction taking place. The obvious problem here is that it is extremely expensive to do this, the subject and researchers have to remember to do this every night, and the subject and researchers have to be honest people with great integrity and the tenacity to repeat this day after day after day.

And about the video that opened this thread: Isn't Ramstein a German Death Metal band? Seems like quite a number of their lyrics have to do with alien invasion and abductions and such.

Just a thought.
Gryphon

If there is any external reality to the phenomena being non-human in origin, then what is going on is essentially the animal husbandry of the human species. This explains way families and ethnic groups would appear to be handled differently. Also, if these are beings operating outside the human species' 3D perspective of multidimensional reality then our 3D oriented instrumentation may simply not be able to detect or properly map them or their activity to our senses. Are we the subjects of beings that exist in a reality of which ours is simply a subset? Are we blinded to them and their activities by virtue of the fact that we are in a restricted domain in relationship to theirs? What is in this coffee?

"I think it very likely -in fact inevitable-that biological intelligence is only a transitory phenomenon, a fleeting phase in the evolution of intelligence in the universe."
Paul Davies -acclaimed physicist, cosmologist, and astrobiologist at Arizona State University."

If they are as i surmise transbiological in nature, then they are absolutely operating outside our paradigm of reality.

Why wouldnt "ET" have developed this technology when we ourselves are doing so

http://www.helium.com/items/2029699-mind-uploading-immortality

According to Ian Pearson, a British futurist, death will be a thing of the past by 2050.

Pearson is one of many futurists, cybernetic experts and artificial intelligence researchers whose thoughts are converging on the same basic idea: Why not upload everything that's in the brain—everything that makes a person who they are—into a computer and then download it again into a new body? Doing such a thing would make the individual theoretically immortal.

I posted this yesterday but its relevant to this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hriqvP-RVxc&feature=player_embedded

At 6:06 they say "physicists have studied wether wormholes could provide travel, not only to the future but also to the past....."

If this is possible, then linear time is an artifact that we experience, but are not stuck in.
Any species/entitys that is/are able to take shortcuts through space AND time, would look on a society like ours from "outside" the reality we consider immutable.

Such linear time environments are then likely only to be the cradle of biological intellect.....

"I think it very likely -in fact inevitable-that biological intelligence is only a transitory phenomenon, a fleeting phase in the evolution of intelligence in the universe."
Paul Davies -acclaimed physicist, cosmologist, and astrobiologist at Arizona State University."

A fleeting phase in the evolution of (our) intelligence ............

If this is possible, then linear time is an artifact that we experience, but are not stuck in.
Any species/entitys that is/are able to take shortcuts through space AND time, would look on a society like ours from "outside" the reality we consider immutable.
Such linear time environments are then likely only to be the cradle of biological intellect.....
A fleeting phase in the evolution of (our) intelligence ............

Time as human beings experience it, probably only exists in the experience of the human being. Speculating, you could see where other beings whose central nervous systems (or what functions as one) interpret the multidimensional reality in more dimensions than our senses and brain/mind system rendering engine limitations permit, could actually experience time in a completely different manner than ourselves. These could make true interface with us problematic for them as well, perhaps explaining some high strangeness here and there.

On the evolution our species and intelligence. I think you are not realizing that whatever the human species evolves into will not be us in any sense. Particularly if and when the biological divide is crossed in some manner. It will be something else just as we are something other than our evolutionary ancestors. But I might be splitting hairs again.

Thats the nature of evolution though isnt it, change.

How pets helped humans evolve more quickly

By John Davidson
A study published by a Penn State paleoanthropologist says that dogs, cats and other domesticated animals have played an important role in human evolution.
According to an article by Discovery News, Pat Shipman’s
research shows the human pattern of taking in animals spurred
human tool-making and language, helping humans succeed.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/fetch/2010/08/15/how-pets-helped-humans-evolve-more-quickly/1525/

Biological evolution, is simply a reaction to external factors, adapting to the advantages a given tool provides.
The moment a species start using tools, those tools start to change them.
With the prime directive being survival, it is as Dr Davies asserts inevitable that biology itself is just a phase of sentient evolution.
I personally believe this is a fundamantal aspect of the greater universal reality we are observing.
We are interpreting the data via the filter of biological existance, but that which we observe has transcended biology, thus our attempts at understanding it fails.

The phrase EBE is a classic example, because we and all the life we see is biological , we naturally assume that the ET is a Biological entity.

Its like looking at a white rabbit through rose coloured glasses and concluding its pink.

And yet if we look at our own research, its on the cards we ourselves will become transbiological.
If we extrapolate this idea and apply the quote

Then imo, the ET enigma can be better answered via this new filter of reality.

Will we still be US ?, no but then thats the nature of evolution, will we be human ?
I think if you compare the result next to a ET transbiological entity the answer is yes.
A human TBE, will be distinctly different to an ETTBE of any given source, our sentience we will have in common, but our human history our "flavour" will always be our unique ID

Is it just me or does a certain type of person tend to report abduction encounters? Y'know, mostly caucasian, middle-class suburbanites. Where are the reports from street gangs, guys in prison, prostitutes? At this point I would be more impressed by a report from an illiterate street walker who is a member of the Crips. At least that would be something different. Perhaps I'm growing cynical or even impatient but it seems to me that the reports of alien abduction have been following a bit of a pattern, educated people with a lot of time on their hands, a lot of time to exercise their imaginations and get worked up over silly things.

My name is Posey Gilbert I am a 61 yr old Black man and am a retired Currency. Destroyer, and a life time Experiencer of Quantum Events/ Phenomena.
Sorry for not being part of a street gang, a guy in prison, or an illiterate street walker who is a member of the Crips.
The reason you don't hear about the Black Experiencers is simply because the Black Experience is not considered important enough to be reported or looked into by the White Media, or most white so called Investigators, or white people in general.
I gave N.Y.C.M.U.F.O.N , the late John E Mack and Budd Hopkins my videos tapes of UFO over my home in Brooklyn NYC and evidence left at my abduction site to no avail, because I refused to be hypnotized.

LONGVIEWSMALL.jpg
See my article: Hypnosis Just Say No.

I am a composer, and songwriter not yet published.
I've authored books not yet published.
I paint, draw, and wrote comic books not yet published.
Not all blacks are in gangs, whores, ignorant, Drunks, or Junkies

I scored an off Broadway play called Sky Watchers that opened in New York City in 1993 and in 2006 reopened in Portland Oregon under the name Quintessence. I don't know if it's still running.

I Co wrote Co produced and scored a TV program called Space Bridge, which dealt with things paranormal.
I Co produced UFO from A to Z for a short time.
I've been in 5 UFO documentaries.
One from England, one from Germany. One from Japan, and two from America.
2006 I was in an article in UFO Magazine.
2009 I was written about in two books:
2009 Inerdimensional Universe by: Philip Imbrigno.
2010 The Consciousness Of An Extraterrestrial Experiencer by: Alan Russel White.

I have been Interviewed in The New York Daily News, and written up in The Village Voice.
I've been interviewed on CNN's News Talk Live
I was Interviewed on The Jackie Mason Show, The Richard Bey Show, and
The Rolanda Show.
I've also appeared on several Manhattan Cable Programs.

I have lectured in New York and through out the Tri State area.
In 1996 I was invited to lecture at the U.N.
I have been interviewed on several online radio programs.
To name a few the Jeff Rense Prgram, Strange Days Indeed, Culture of Contact, UFOs & METAPHYSICS, The John Velez program, and more recently Darkness Radio..

Presently I am working on turning my Website Temple of the Infidel: http://www.templeoftheinfidel.com/ into a series of books called:
Pieces Of An Enigma: The Journey Of The Infidel.
These will go more into depth of my experiences than what has been posted at my site.
My online postings were shortened for brevity sake.
To know more about me do a Google search on Posey Gilbert and Bplgeus.

True Abductees don't "Believe" that they have been abducted they "Know" they have.
Experience ends Belief and replaces it with Knowledge.
However what it was that abducted them is always open to debate, even among Abductees.
Even with real evidence, there are none that understand it.
Most groups like M.U.F.O.N, and Dr. Leir only collect evidence to sit on it.
There never are real Experiencers among the so called Experts, only those that spoken to real Experiencers, and try to interpret the former Experiencer's Experiences with a Non-Experienced mind.
Which never works out well for the Experiencer.

Hi Posey. I have often wondered myself about why it seems mainly white people reporting these things. But, could it also be that because of the cultural divide that appears to exist even in our more enlightened times that there just isn't enough communication between people? I know that we have come a long way but we still have a long way to go. Also, I find it interesting that you did try to talk with some researchers. The hypnotism is a tricky subject. I think there is some worth to it for relaxation and maybe even some memory. But, it appears to be a highly suggestible state and you were more than likely right not to want to be subjected to it. I will go back later this evening and read the link you provided.

Hi Posey. I have often wondered myself about why it seems mainly white people reporting these things. But, could it also be that because of the cultural divide that appears to exist even in our more enlightened times that there just isn't enough communication between people? I know that we have come a long way but we still have a long way to go. Also, I find it interesting that you did try to talk with some researchers. The hypnotism is a tricky subject. I think there is some worth to it for relaxation and maybe even some memory. But, it appears to be a highly suggestible state and you were more than likely right not to want to be subjected to it. I will go back later this evening and read the link you provided.

Even among blacks most black people do not talk about this subject.
Today regardless of their race the government inspired "Giggle Factor" is enough to keep most Abductees silent.
In fact it was not until I was in my 40s that my mother told me that she, my father, and my aunts, uncles grand parents on both sides of the family had encountered these things too.
When I asked her why as we were growing up she'd convinced me and my siblings that we were just having very vivid bad dreams?
She said my grand parents had called them demons, hints, and evil spirits and told their children not to talk about them or people would think they were crazy, and lock them away in the Nut House.
Today we call these things Aliens but what they really are we don't know either.
Who knows what the hell we'll call them tomorrow?

Since we're making a series of broad statements here, why not add my own:

Fewer abductions happen to "minorities" because they live in more-urbanized areas as a whole. Clearly, this probably makes it harder for the little guys to do their work. As a result, white folks regardless of income - who probably tend to live in more varied (and potentially remote) geographical locations - have larger sample sizes.

I lived in Fort Apache South Bronx NYC, and East New York Brooklyn NYC you can't get any more Urban than that they can get anywhere you are.
They are not limited by our limited limitations, or our limited concepts.
I've a 50 other people watched as they opened a hole to another realm in the skies of the South Bronx in 1973.
See my post: A Sky Within The Sky.​

Oh and do remember, world wide Whites are the minorities.​

I don't think they are space aliens. I have had the experience of being in a state of trying to move and couldn't and trying to wake up but having a false awakening. Then I would have the thought "Just give in and go with it." But, then I fought because it just seemed like I shouldn't give in. I have felt a long almost rubbery neck as I fought and years ago I manager to say Jesus and I was releashed. Now, was it a dream or sleep paralysis? Yeah, I guess so. Was it an abduction? No, or at least I don't remember ever thinking they were abducting me. I don't think I am a abductiee and most of what I remember can be put down to sleep paralysis. But, it sometimes makes me wonder about the similarity to alien abduction accounts. I think that is what some skeptics use to pooh pooh the whole thing. I think they are wrong but still that's what a lot of them say. I don't think we are being visited by outer space folks. But, I do think we are more than the sum of our parts. I work with a lady who is black and much younger than me. I call her (matter of fact her close friends call her) an old soul. She is just a calm and collected person and when she is going through stuff her faith and prayer is how she makes it through. So, I've told her a couple of dreams that I've had that have been lucid and even dreams where I "know" things that will and can happen. But, she will tell me it's "of the devil." So, maybe that's kind of what you mean about people not feeling comfortable sharing. People want to put all of life in a box. Anyway, thanks for sharing your stories here Posey. Have you been on any podcast or shows?

Have you been on any podcast or shows?

I have been Interviewed in The New York Daily News, and written up in The Village Voice.
I've been interviewed on CNN's News Talk Live
I was Interviewed on The Jackie Mason Show, The Richard Bey Show, and
The Rolanda Show.
I've also appeared on several Manhattan Cable Programs.

I have lectured in New York and through out the Tri State area.
In 1996 I was invited to lecture at the U.N.
I have been interviewed on several online radio programs.
To name a few the Jeff Rense Prgram, Strange Days Indeed, Culture of Contact, UFOs & METAPHYSICS, The John Velez program, and more recently Darkness Radio..

I lived in Fort Apache South Bronx NYC, and East New York Brooklyn NYC you can't get any more Urban than that they can get anywhere you are.
They are not limited by our limited limitations, or our limited concepts.
I've a 50 other people watched as they opened a hole to another realm in the skies of the South Bronx in 1973.
See my post: A Sky Within The Sky.​

Oh and do remember, world wide Whites are the minorities.​

It's good to hear about an account from somebody who doesn't live way out in the country. I know that if they are inter dimensional then it doesn't matter where you are. I am very interested in the work of Nigel Kerner. I don't know if you have heard of him but he has a really different take on aliens and abductions.

One of the aspects of the abduction phenomenon I had the priviledge of briefly discussing with Budd Hopkins a year or so ago was that the pattern of influence of the abductors over the abductees mimics (if it isn't just blatant) hypnosis. The basic definition of hypnosis is occupying the conscious critical filters of the subject in order to obtain direct connection with the subconsiuos mind.

Taking this into consideration, and allowing in this instance for an actual abduction having taken place, those abducted are being "hypnotized" and remain so during their experiences. This could be accomplished just as easily by today's humans as it could by a more advanced, space-faring race. Since, during hypnosis, memories can be created and destroyed, the abductors--whoever they are--are creating a scenario in the mind of the victim that they will take with them as real, genuine memory. This being the case, when they are hypnotized for the purpose of retreiving those memories, the original imprint left either by the experience or those who abducted the person, is what comes through during the sessions.

Budd Hopjins and I were friends although we did not always see eye to eye.
How could we, he was not an Experiencer, and I like those Experiencers that left his group knew things that he over looked or thought unimportant.
Sometimes it is the psyche of the Experiencer that blocks the memory of the encounter until it is ready to remember the full experience.
This I believe is why although he would use my tape to show the way a true Abductoin would take place.
I.E.
A) First the repeated sighting and taping of UFOs over the home of the soon to be Abductee.
B) The taping of UFOs coming more often and closer to the nome of the soon to be Abductee.
C) The altered terrain left at the Abduction Site of the Abductee.
Seill I have nothing but respect for this great man and Prof. John Mack whom I had also given the same evidence.

Please read my article Quantimantics: The Language Of the ETs.
Please see my post at this site on in the UFO Contactee section :
The Attack Of The Window Peepers A Glossary Of Terror Or Understanding The Alien By; Posey Gilbert

I do think it interesting that few "alien implant" cases have a direct connection to an "alien abduction" case, and vice versa. People have either been abducted or they have an implant or they were taken aboard a ship and given information for the rest of the human race.
Please see my post on my implants at this site on in the UFO Contactee section :
Has Any One Seen One Of These Before? By: Posey Gilbert
As to the breakdown of the demographics, it seems that other cultures--even in the United States--are far less likely to talk about something this odd and out of the ordinary happening to them than the typical middle-aged suburbanite. The middle-age period of our lives is when we start getting things in order for the second half of our life, and it may be that it is in this time of reflection and organization that we start to deal with this ideas, thoughts, and memories.
This is not true for all cultures, most through out the world recognize the existance of Alien Enities.
Native Americans speak of the Star People or Star Nations in their culture.
In India they are recognized as Celestrial beings.
The Dogon tribe of Africa speak of them too.
Their craft are seen in religouse plantings of the renisaunce also.
They are spoken of and depicted in Sumerian, and Egyptian text too.
This is only new to the Johnny Come Lately (Pre and Aft) Roswell western cultures and unread skeptics of these later days that seem not to know of them.

And on the topic of scientific inquiry, an alien abductio simply isn't reproduceable in a laboratory environment. What needs to happen (and I know this sounds kooky and a tad creepy) is someone who believes they are experiencing ongoing abductions needs to be rigged with fiberoptic camera equipment with a high-capacity DVR to record each and every night of their existence (since mos of these things happen when people are in bed). The DVR needs to be swapped out with a new one every day, and the video needs to be analyzed by researchers for any evidence of an overnight disturbance in the subject's life. Room, outdoor, and other camera equipment should also be used, and DVRs used to record these areas at the same period of time (all units time-synced), in order to see if anything is caught on the recordings that indicates an abduction taking place. The obvious problem here is that it is extremely expensive to do this, the subject and researchers have to remember to do this every night, and the subject and researchers have to be honest people with great integrity and the tenacity to repeat this day after day after day.
I did this very thing that in the late 80s early 90s.
See my article: The Nonts

These Beings are not limited or restricted by our limited and restricted understanding of the Universe.
Please see my post at this site on in the UFO Contactee section :
A Sky Within The Sky By: Posey Gilbert

And about the video that opened this thread: Isn't Ramstein a German Death Metal band? Seems like quite a number of their lyrics have to do with alien invasion and abductions and such.

Just a thought.
Gryphon

It's good to hear about an account from somebody who doesn't live way out in the country. I know that if they are inter dimensional then it doesn't matter where you are. I am very interested in the work of Nigel Kerner. I don't know if you have heard of him but he has a really different take on aliens and abductions.

Please fill me in.

From what I understand the experincer’s conscious has been immersed in some type of field, and tampered with. Perhaps the experincer’s conscious has a heightened ability, and is able to interact with the phenomenon. I don’t recall ever hearing of a blind, or deaf person interacting with the abductee phenomenon. On another note, I would not doubt an experincer passing a lie detector test, because in their mind they were actually abducted.

Well thought out and stated, however my and my sibblings encounters go back to babyhood.
Back to a point that there where no words for these this encounters.
Mental abduction do not alter the terrain at the abduction site.

THEKEYRING2.jpg
THETRIANGLERINGSm.jpg
LONGVIEWSMALL.jpgSideBySide2.jpg
Silent Monkeys

Often the data (in any research) reflects the biases of those assembling the protocols to collect the data. It's easy to look at the data for abduction and draw what seems to be a commonsensical conclusion that abductees tend to be white folk whom fall in the middle to high SES range. However, this data point may be simply be a reflection of a litany of assumptions that were introduced in the original research and perpetuated by those whom followed -(um, yep, middle and upper class white folk) and unfortunately this pattern is being perpetuated ad infinitum due to lack of vision and interest in and from less figural areas of society and culture (those from multicultural and low SES backgrounds). And speaking as a mental health professional, I would argue that these narratives are heard and rather regularly from the Hoi Polloi so to speak, but it is ignored. It's where you look and who's doing the looking. I'd guess there's a lot of stereotypes built into that assumption in the first place.

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!​
Well said!​

Or the Phenomenon seems to be happening to a segment of the population which over the years, have been more susceptible to the ever increasing amount of B.S. on the very circumstances by which the influence seems to promote the symptom. I too have a back ground in the mental health field, albeit one which I never pursued further than the minimum requirements of a minor degree. Even so, over the years of investigation into these abduction cases, the obvious cannot be ignored. In the many I have either heard of or been a part in during an investigatory role, not one could I classify as "minority" driven or non Caucasian by example (One was Native American but Western Latin influenced in that the spouse was Italian).

No, I think it is more due to the sociological aspect of media investment, religious influence, and other influences akin to an atmosphere of likened circumstances which promote what many in the field believe to be a form of self induced sordid hallucination. Again, before I am ritualistically sacrificed for writing down this opinion, note that I don't necessarily agree with its findings. I have not been completely persuaded that something physical isn't influencing these poor victims, perhaps demonically driven, but once again, the lack of evidential variance in any scientific evaluation, and this from the thousands of cases on file, weighs heavily against my defense.

I have seen the metal taken out of the victim's bodies. I have watched some of the fascinating video which purported to show actual Aliens abducting these poor people. I have been in on test subject cases where the individual was watched 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for months at a time, and even in all these cases, not once could I point any of the findings as conclusive proof of abduction. The videos were usually shown to be faked, the metal taken out would normally be of a type found terrestrially, the months of observances within some of the test subjects would prove useless, as they would experience none of the background information on abduction they promised they experienced. Without soluble evidence more than substantially presented to the scientific or even laymen community, the phenomenon continues to stay on the list of the "para"-normally unknown.

My racial back ground is African and Native American Cherokee from my fathers' side.
African and Celt from my mothers' side.
Some researchers say that they find that most Abductees have one these blood lines in their family heritage.

Thething1.jpg Theothersideblowup.jpg
Ten years ago I pulled this object from my back after something unseen sliced a split in me.​
It feels like it is made of a slick hard plastic it was about the size of an apple seed.​
I still have it you can red the full story below.​
Probe implant?​

Even if alien abductions were real how would one go about proving it? Nothing really makes sense that wouldn't raise ethical issues. The encounter narratives seem to have all possible avenues for practical research blocked from the start: the witnesses claim the ships and even the beings themselves can be invisible or pass through solid material, that they can read and control thoughts, that the abductees are monitored, sometimes even that the entities can manipulate time, etc. Assuming those things were true, a pretty giant assumption, how does a scientist go about proving that something like that is factual, especially if it's intelligent and has an interest in not being proven? Not saying this stuff is true, just that if it was what could science do anyway? Probably little so why waste their time on something that probably isn't real in the first place and even if it were is so far outside the boundaries of what science can deal with it would be a waste of effort?

At the least 99% of this stuff has got to be nonsense: crazy people, hoaxers, flakes, mistaken sleep paralysis, the me-too crowd, and likely the biggest culprit: fictional memories made to feel real by hypnosis. Even Sammy Hagar thinks he's an abductee because of a dream he had. A dream?! That's all it takes to adopt such a dramatic belief?

There's a few cases that seem a bit more mysterious than usual, like Kelly Cahill (Mentioned above by someone else), Betty and Barney Hill, and the Allagash case. But those are rare, just a ripple in an ocean of nonsense reports. Even those few fall far short of what the scientific method demands.

Given all that it seems silly to me to expect scientists to get in bed with this issue. First of all, there's barely anything worthwhile to investigate. Secondly, despite a few interesting cases the so-called phenomenon probably isn't real, and third, even if it is real what could scientists possibly do about it? They wouldn't get any further along with it than anyone else has and that time could be better spent doing something where success is a possibility.

Just because we don't understand it, doesn't mean it can not be understood.

Every generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality ?" — Scott Adams.

Back