• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the greatest respect to Italy, mussolini was in charge of a relatively small country with limited power, trump on the other hand might take charge of the most powerful nation in history.

If it's of any consolation to you Harry fivethirtyeight.com has Clinton comfortably ahead right now. What I find odd (and maybe disturbing) is that yesterday Clinton was at 80.3% today Thursday 28 she was at 65.5 % that's a huge drop over 24 hours. if this drop reflects the fallout of Trump's remark about hoping Russia finds Clinton 30k missing emails and I were on Trumps staff I'd read that as if I were on right road despite all the comments about treason. Which is technically BS because Russia is a pain in the ass to us and probably more of a frenemy , not an enemy state at which we are war at. But it was a dumb remark. In order to keep this talking point...and it is and will be a talking point in the debates...going I would have suggested that wiki leaks distribute the missing emails regardless of whether they would possess them. Same Effect. But the man has no filters or he's completely mental, take your pick both are probably true.

Many people swear by http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/ and it is used in the prediction markets and probably Las Vegas

Last edited:
I'd be interested in knowing the source of that photo of Trump. do you happen to know if it was a a sitting or authorized picture or if it was a random unflattering photo taken at a rally or something?

It does look like it was taken a few years back before he threw his hat in the ring so I don't think it was taken at any political rally's it looks intentional to me.
I just found it online. I don't know the source.

Many people are Libertarians and do not realize it. Stop voting the lesser of 2 evils. Vote Gary Johnson! Do not waste your vote on 2 party politics.

www.lp.org/platform

STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES

We, the members of the Libertarian Party, challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual.

We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

Governments throughout history have regularly operated on the opposite principle, that the State has the right to dispose of the lives of individuals and the fruits of their labor. Even within the United States, all political parties other than our own grant to government the right to regulate the lives of individuals and seize the fruits of their labor without their consent.

We, on the contrary, deny the right of any government to do these things, and hold that where governments exist, they must not violate the rights of any individual: namely, (1) the right to life—accordingly we support the prohibition of the initiation of physical force against others; (2) the right to liberty of speech and action—accordingly we oppose all attempts by government to abridge the freedom of speech and press, as well as government censorship in any form; and (3) the right to property—accordingly we oppose all government interference with private property, such as confiscation, nationalization, and eminent domain, and support the prohibition of robbery, trespass, fraud, and misrepresentation.

Since governments, when instituted, must not violate individual rights, we oppose all interference by government in the areas of voluntary and contractual relations among individuals. People should not be forced to sacrifice their lives and property for the benefit of others. They should be left free by government to deal with one another as free traders; and the resultant economic system, the only one compatible with the protection of individual rights, is the free market.

Depending where you look he still needs about a 4% bump to get at 15 % but we got about 60 days left crossing my fingers.

The Hegelian Dialectic is something ALL Republicans and Democrats should research to see how they all got to this ridiculously childish scenario that is being played out for the world to see. Problem Reaction Solution... throw in a healthy dose of Diversion and you have todays pre election circus. It is amazing how many republicans and democrats have fallen for the ruse.

I wonder whether Trump truly wishes to be the President or he just wants to bring down the Republican Party. He seems to have gone out of his way to alienate the Republican hierarchy with his actions over the past week. Perhaps he is just the egotistical madman he appears to be.

I wonder whether Trump truly wishes to be the President or he just wants to bring down the Republican Party.

He brought down the Republican Party a while ago, and it appears to be the bonus round.

He seems to have gone out of his way to alienate the Republican hierarchy with his actions over the past week. Perhaps he is just the egotistical madman he appears to be.

Seemingly bottomless, the lunatic plumbs new depths of the political latrine daily, as some of the latest political headlines from around the web read as leaping from the pages of Mad Magazine.

Additionally, most late night comics have become so repulsed by his behavior they resist in lampooning the strange & hazardous “madman”.

You may have a point though, as a standing president draws a relatively small salary while in office. After leaving office, former presidents usually receive considerable compensation from speaking engagements. Win or lose, Trump stands to expand his holdings. So, in the knowingness that he’s a money grubbing, bamboozling huckster, and given one of two choices of either guiding the country straight into hell or adding to his wealth, he may just drop out and go for the dough. Then again, it can be rather difficult for this American voter to discern what exactly courses the mind of a crazed politician at any given moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
He brought down the Republican Party a while ago, and it appears to be the bonus round.

Seemingly bottomless, the lunatic plumbs new depths of the political latrine daily, as some of the latest political headlines from around the web sound as leaping from the pages of Mad Magazine.

Additionally, most late night comics have become so repulsed by his behavior they resist in lampooning the strange & hazardous “madman”.

You may have a point though, as a standing president draws a relatively small salary while in office. After leaving office, former presidents usually receive considerable compensation from speaking engagements. Win or lose, Trump stands to expand his holdings. So, in the knowingness that he’s a money grubbing, bamboozling huckster, and given one of two choices of either guiding the country straight into hell or adding to his wealth, he may just drop out and go for the dough. Then again, it can be rather difficult for this American voter to discern what exactly goes through the mind of a crazed politician at any given moment.
Tell us how you really feel...

I’ve always found it pleasant when reaching out in brightening one's day.

Last edited by a moderator:
CNN interview with Michael Cohen is off the hook hilarious. I busted a gut listening to it. It cemented in my head that MC is as big a attention seeking media w***** than his master is. It reminded me of a 5th grade school yard challenge.

SAYS WHO????

sez me, Michael sez me.

What a pathetic pit bull ….

…. which barks in the midst of a “category 5 turd tornado”.

Saw the Green Party town hall on cnn from last night. At last some good ideas by sane people in the mainstream media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back