• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sort of political article:

Clinton Campaign Chief John Podesta's Interest In UFOs is Out of This World

A curious sidelight of Bassett trying to force himself into this discussion:

"I've corresponded with Podesta for 10 years and I've never gotten a response."

Well, correspondence implies two-way communication. He should have said he had sent emails but that they never received a response. But the reporter clearly didn't think of questioning the misuse of the word "correspondence."

Interesting fact to consider when one looks at the election maps.

These 19 these states: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming - are controlled by Republicans, and it was those Republicans who chose to reject the Affordable Care Act's ('Obamacare') Medicare expansion for the most needy. Those who still have not been able to afford health insurance, even with the subsidies, can put the blame at the feet of the Republicans, not President Obama.

Adolf Hitler = Donald Trump... Just count the letters and compare the demagoguery... etc.

The rest of the planet is just hoping this is just a bad dream that will be over in a few days. Unfortunately this cancer has been partly fed by evangelical lobbyists, conservative extremists, tea party, the Bible Belt, the KKK, sexists, racists ...etc... Hillary, in a drunken fit, called them the 'deplorables'

The Donald is just a symptom, just lift that orange lid and you'll find the other part of the equation: GW Bush un-'educamented' disenfranchised former highly-paid industrial-era workers whose jobs have left or are leaving to countries where labor is still cheaper than automation.

Timing is everything and I've got this horrible feeling that the Donald is tapping into the void/chaos caused by the transition into the Information Age. We can't go back to the Industrial Age, its delusional insanity.... unless you cede your superpower status to China (Gina lol)

Making America great again means re-inventing yourself, not bringing back the horse and buggy lol.

At least 40% of U.S. nostalgic suicidal voters will vote Trump... Keeping the lid on that explosive powder keg past November 9th is definitely going to be a challenge if you take into account that indecency does not disqualify you for a job as a presidential candidate.

This is the end of my demagogic rant lol

Last edited:
"The rest of the planet is just hoping this is just a bad dream that will be over in a few days."

The beauty of the situation is that no one here cares about this! :D

What the hell are you talking about? Don’t speak for me, or, anyone else who understands the global consequences of a Trump presidency.

Last edited by a moderator:

These 19 these states: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming - are controlled by Republicans, and it was those Republicans who chose to reject the Affordable Care Act's ('Obamacare') Medicare expansion for the most needy. Those who still have not been able to afford health insurance, even with the subsidies, can put the blame at the feet of the Republicans, not President Obama.

As a result of the lack of medical care thousands have died. Much more than on 9/11. Where do we set the blame?

Adolf Hitler = Donald Trump... Just count the letters and compare the demagoguery... etc.

The rest of the planet is just hoping this is just a bad dream that will be over in a few days. Unfortunately this cancer has been partly fed by evangelical lobbyists, conservative extremists, tea party, the Bible Belt, the KKK, sexists, racists ...etc... Hillary, in a drunken fit, called them the 'deplorables'

The Donald is just a symptom, just lift that orange lid and you'll find the other part of the equation: GW Bush un-'educamented' disenfranchised former highly-paid industrial-era workers whose jobs have left or are leaving to countries where labor is still cheaper than automation.

Timing is everything and I've got this horrible feeling that the Donald is tapping into the void/chaos caused by the transition into the Information Age. We can't go back to the Industrial Age, its delusional insanity.... unless you cede your superpower status to China (Gina lol)

Making America great again means re-inventing yourself, not bringing back the horse and buggy lol.

At least 40% of U.S. nostalgic suicidal voters will vote Trump... Keeping the lid on that explosive powder keg past November 9th is definitely going to be a challenge if you take into account that indecency does not disqualify you for a job as a presidential candidate.

To many Trump sopporters making America great again means turning it back to the 1950s. That's where women knew their "place" and blacks remained at the back of the bus. Look at the amount of KKK support for Trump.

Thanks Ezechiel, that was well said.

"The rest of the planet is just hoping this is just a bad dream that will be over in a few days."

That might be the core of the problem... without information or education it's easy to be taken in by demagoguery and not be able to form a rational judgment. But then again, the 1933 book burning event took place in universities. Brainwashing ?.... and elderly women dreaming of getting grabbed by the .... by a guy with orange hair ? :D
Cultural incineration: 80 years since Nazi book burnings | German history | DW.COM | 16.05.2013
16792630_303.jpg

Scenes like this one played out all over Germany on May 10, 1933. In the cities with major universities, students burned works by authors who didn't uphold their racist ideology. Students had already spent weeks lugging condemned manuscripts out of the libraries.

landscape-1476191954-elle-anna-lehane-trump-rally.jpg

Meet the High School Senior Who Wore a "Grab My Pussy" Shirt To a Trump Rally

Last edited:

Hi Walter, I have some questions that I think you are in a good position to answer.

If trump loses, and there is an "insurgency" as in the "people" rise up against the government, who will win?

Who has better kit and organisation? Who has clearly defined protocols and command structures? Who is battle hardened and has been fighting "insurgents" for the last 20+ years?

I would say the US armed forces, not the "people" (trump supporters)

My understanding is that a soldiers job is to protect their country/state from "enemies of the state" it is not soldiers who decide on who the enemy is, that is the job of the politicians.
If a soldier disobeys an order, they automatically become an enemy of their own state.

It is not as if there is not a historical precedent for this, in the US Civil war Americans did a great deal of killing of other Americans, soldiers on both sides followed their orders regardless of the consequences.

Why would it be any different this time?

I think what I am trying to say is that I hope it is all hype, and that if trump loses his supporters will accept defeat peacefully.

If trump wins, he wins, as long as he is democratically elected, the rest of the world will just have to get on with it. In fact we have our own problems to sort out, and probably spend too much time worrying about what other people are doing, but it is always easier to point out someone else's faults rather than advertise your own. But I do genuinely believe that the mask the puppet wears does have a bearing on peoples thoughts and actions.

Any blood spilled will be on trump & co's hands, as they are the ones who are openly advocating violence.

On reflection that probably seems like more of a collection of statements rather than questions :oops:, but I would appreciate if you responded regarding the outcome of a trump insurgency, because I do not believe that the majority of people calling for such a thing understand all the facts, or how it would go down.

Best wishes.

To add to the sideshow:

Latest from the Trump conspiracy factory: Bill Clinton’s black son

Oh, and I'm going to mostly ignore Jeff Davis, since he's just trolling. Whenever facts and figures are posted that prove him wrong, he ignores them as if nothing ever happened. Again, he's using the Pixelsmith playbook.

Typical, if you can't factually refute someone, just call 'em a troll. The truth is Gene, you are plain and simply embarrassed and vexed by the FACT that you have yet to make a legitimate counter against anything I have stated so far in this thread with respect my legitimate expressed opposition to liberal politics. Trolling is defined by attacking someone's person in an effort to garner an emotional reaction. I have NEVER attacked your person Gene, not once. I have attacked subject matter on the basis of it's merit alone. If you've done any emotional reacting to what I've posted, it's been motivated in and of your own self determined pride and convictions, and certainly not because I have lured you, or tricked you into feeling that way.

My intelligence feels utterly insulted by the ongoing hypocrisy of thoroughly failed liberal sociopolitical policies in the United States. Despite the fact that I do indeed feel very vexed about it, you don't read where I resort to calling them "trolls" because they're not. They're just political simpletons repeatedly attempting to get differing results by enacting and supporting the same failed liberal philosophy over and over again. By any objective definition whatsoever, this form of mental and behavioral support for what is clearly aberrant and dysfunctional systematic repetition, is best and most accurately summed up as being political collective insanity.

You have been repeatedly refuted. You just won't pay attention.

More to the point, if Hillary Clinton is such a horrible person, why does the right wing have to make up stories about her, take episodes and statements out of context, and in general falsify their evidence? If there was real evidence against her, produce it. Stop lying about her. She's been around enough and has made enough mistakes to deal with the truth rather than the lies.

On the other hand, you don't have to lie about Trump's misdeeds. Just check his history and you'll have headlines every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back