• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Mars Anomaly Thread

I don't mean to argue, but I'm bringing couter-points that are based in what science knows about Mars. I'm not the type that goes looking for conspiracies when there's no need to. By implying that NASA may be hiding something about Mars, it would be a huge conspiracy. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just can't believe it without real proof.
If you guys want to discuss this without looking at what is considered science fact about Mars, that's fine. Just don't get annoyed with me when I add my skeptical input.
I can also say that there is room for the idea that there was life on Mars in the past, or even now, it's just not proven to be true yet - that's all I'm saying. I also get annoyed when anyone talks about the "face." It has been photographed, a lot. There's nothing to say that seeing a face on Mars is nothing but pareidolia. However, if proof does surface that it is a face, I'll be happy to believe it.

Whatever they found on Mars in the past is debatable. The first pictures that i saw of the face it looked like a face to me!! But it could just be a camera fault of some kind. The information that gets out to us is heavily censored, and why would those pictures be realised, and surely they knew it would get lot of people curious?
Well it is accepted that MARS in the distant past was similar to Earth. The debate that nobody ever took up is. Did Mars have an intelligent live Once. That would be just a guess for you or me and every other human being not connected with the Space Programs. But who is to say? That some of these alleged odd looking structures are not the lasting remains of a long dead Civilization?

Some allege there is Pyramids on Mars and they would last a long time, long after a civilization has died out. Anyway i have no prove and i don't claim to have any to this subject. My original questions was about the images taken of Mars, not that there was a civilization on the planet Mars in the past, but i still think we should be open minded to other ideas being put forward.

Angel and Kieran, with all due respect (truly)... Could you you stop that now ? Please :shy: ?
Actually I kind of agree with Kieran trying to bring Angel to accept the concept of hypothesis as being OK in a scientific frame but that's not the point...
You are clogging an interesting thread, so I'll start a new thread in the "talk about the forum" category , I'll call it the let's bash each other and make personal comments here thread.

See you there for a healthy jest :p...
(if you got balls :cool:)

Okay all, being the "Benevolent Dictator" that I am I have pretty much stayed out of this "discussion" about Mars. However now is the time I think that if you guys wish to continue to "debate" the issue to take it to private emails. Thanks.

Don

Given your philosophy towards consciousness, you really should check out the work of Thomas Campbell, formerly of the Monroe Institute. Below is the first in a series he recently recorded in Hawaii.

I have this guys books and have listened to several of his video lectures. I've suggested that Gene get him as a guest on the show. After examining his theory I have to say it is extremely well thought out but I just don't buy into it however for numerous reasons. His resistance to provide some real evidence for OBE through a simple experiment (read the contents of a black board in another room for example) is a little ... disconcerting in my opinion. I still think he would make a fascinating guest that could stand some serious questioning.

I thought I was sticking to the topic, but if I have not, I apologize.

I believe i was Civil to you, all the way through this debate .I hate to see a thread that is interesting get locked down, and i have no problem letting others here debate this topic without me being involved in it!!. I can't speak for you Angel, in what you decide.

Hey Folks,

Here are a couple more mars surface images of potential signs of past aquatic life on Mars.

(July 28, 2005. Gusev)

And another:

(Jul 17, 2006, Meridiani Plans)

Haha, no, sorry, I'm just as interested in the things going on our known 'Exoplanets/rocks' as you :) But as said before, I love your contributions. :)

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

In my opinion there is 'something' on the Moon, Mars I'm not yet convinced.

[/COLOR]In my opinion there is 'something' on the Moon, Mars I'm not yet convinced.

Hahaha, nice open-ended statement Dyingsun.

If you keep that up, you'll never be wrong mate. :)

Edit:

I shall try to post in some terrestrial fossils to those images for comparison, then you'll have an idea of where I'm coming from.

I figure in fifty years or so, the idea that Mars once held primitive life will have been verified publicly.

I've seen some pictures which show that primitive life may still be thriving, which is one of the reasons I spend time looking for the traces of it. Turns out a couple of the surfaces that were ground off grew back.

I'll probably be long dead before you guys ever hear of that or see the pictures, if at all. All I can really say is; expect it.

*FWI, I've been at this for years and so have cultivated several contacts in the aerospace community. That's where I got the mars grind shots. I cannot post them, but I do know what to look for.

Keep your eye on the mars grinds, that's where the money is - I highly doubt we are going to see something scamper past the navcam. :)

The Mars Science Laboratory is landing in November 2011, so maybe things will come sooner that I predict.

Anaximander,

I'm far from opposed to the idea that Mars once harbored life in whatever form, I'm just critical of supposed 'built' structures. :)

I'm far from opposed to the idea that Mars once harbored life in whatever form, I'm just critical of supposed 'built' structures. :)

I hope that any we happen to find were built by humans.

But such a thing is too easy to cover up, so we probably wouldn't ever see any official acknowledgment of that. All we will ever have is pictures and our interpretations of them. If I was in charge of the matter and actual pyramids like at Giza were found on Mars, you all would get a geological explanation and like it.

*Hey, If it happened that we were once off-world, wouldn't it just make you proud'r'n'shit to be a human after the confusion wore off?

(...unless it turns out they wiped each other out..... Still though, I guess that would count as an accomplishment of sorts; wiping out a planet and all)

I hope we get an answer to that in our lifetimes (to the Mars question), if we get to see a manned Mars mission and if they don't edit out the interesting bits.

Don't you get me started about the Pyramids.... ;)

I wonder who will be the first to turn a profit off of mars....

Gem companies could use returned stones in their jewelery, but I don't think they're gonna clean up the way the food industry is going to.

Food- Industry - You say? Why yes, that's what I meant.

Eventually someone is going to find edible life on Mars, fly it back here and begin growing it for consumption, and who ever does this will probably have a monopoly on edible mars life.

I predict it will will be considered the ultimate delicacy and possibly quite big in Japan. Now if it turns out it also gets you intoxicated, well we've just entered a new realm of profits...

*I hope an American does this. I'd hate to see the communists get the entrepreneurial jump on us.

Edit:

Do you have any ideas of how money could be made of off exploiting Mars resources?

I figure in fifty years or so, the idea that Mars once held primitive life will have been verified publicly.

I've seen some pictures which show that primitive life may still be thriving, which is one of the reasons I spend time looking for the traces of it. Turns out a couple of the surfaces that were ground off grew back.

I'll probably be long dead before you guys ever hear of that or see the pictures, if at all. All I can really say is; expect it.

*FWI, I've been at this for years and so have cultivated several contacts in the aerospace community. That's where I got the mars grind shots. I cannot post them, but I do know what to look for.

Keep your eye on the mars grinds, that's where the money is - I highly doubt we are going to see something scamper past the navcam. :)

The Mars Science Laboratory is landing in November 2011, so maybe things will come sooner that I predict.

I would hope that we find something sooner. If the truth is being hidden by NASA and others, it would be so disappointing.

Back