• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ted Phillips

Maybe the authorities are entering the mist? Waiting and patience is a virtue:)
In this case it is a vice in my opinion. For two weeks I have been diligent in checking this thread daily to give Mr. Phillips every benefit of the doubt. My time is mine and is not worthless. Enough already. I'm done with this. From this point forward, I no longer care what happens.

If Lance and others want to stay on top of the situation, more power to them. I'm out.

In this case it is a vice in my opinion. For two weeks I have been diligent in checking this thread daily to give Mr. Phillips every benefit of the doubt. My time is mine and is not worthless. Enough already. I'm done with this. From this point forward, I no longer care what happens.

If Lance and others want to stay on top of the situation, more power to them. I'm out.

I'm not wasting my time going to his website. I'm sure it'll be posted here once he does update it. I'm looking forward to definitive proof that Marley Woods is a paranormal hot spot.

I'm not wasting my time going to his website. I'm sure it'll be posted here once he does update it. I'm looking forward to definitive proof that Marley Woods is a paranormal hot spot.

I wrote to Ted again to find out how this is going. He is having someone else do the site — that's not one of his skills — and I see they are using a prebuilt GoDaddy Web building app, and I don't know how flexible that thing is for this sort of thing.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Peace,
Gene

I wrote to Ted again to find out how this is going. He is having someone else do the site — that's not one of his skills — and I see they are using a prebuilt GoDaddy Web building app, and I don't know how flexible that thing is for this sort of thing.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Peace,
Gene

I did check it out and it doesn't look like the best site - since you have his ear, maybe you can suggest Square Space?

I did check it out and it doesn't look like the best site - since you have his ear, maybe you can suggest Square Space?

I have talked to several people about using GoDaddy for their sites — a bad thing. GoDaddy is a bait and switch operation that gives you cheap rates, but when you need to do anything beyond some restricted basics, you pay and pay and pay again for add-ons. That's the real source of their profits.

There are loads of hosting companies that offer better pricing and features, including templates and all the rest. Currently we partner with HostGator, and they offer some really wonderful deals and support. If need be, I can suggest other companies too — anyone but GoDaddy!

But it's not as if any of those people who went with GoDaddy will listen to me. :)

I have talked to several people about using GoDaddy for their sites — a bad thing. GoDaddy is a bait and switch operation that gives you cheap rates, but when you need to do anything beyond some restricted basics, you pay and pay and pay again for add-ons. That's the real source of their profits.

There are loads of hosting companies that offer better deals, including templates and all the rest. Currently we partner with HostGator, and they offer some really wonderful deals and support. If need be, I can suggest other companies too — anyone but GoDaddy!

But it's not as if any of these people will listen to me. :)

Well Gene, it not like you know anything about computers, or have written books about them, or host a tech show :) So what would you know about the interwebz!?

Well Gene, it not like you know anything about computers, or have written books about them, or host a tech show :) So what would you know about the interwebz!?

:)

And I did use that disclaimer: HostGator works closely with us, so it helps The Paracast to give them some business. But, as I said, I'm happy to recommend other companies with whom I've worked and know the people behind the scenes if they need a few choices.

I have read the entire thread, which I usually don't do until after I've finished listening to the entire episode...but I felt compelled to do so in this case.

Some comments: This case reminds me of one that Angela Joiner reported upon in her podcast: the Oregon Lights case. Balls of light, portals...stuff like that.

Regarding the big white long haired dog, I am reminded of a Great Pyrenees when I hear that. Also the way he described the fur as rather longish, I'm reminded of a Komondor. Both are large dogs (can be over 100lbs.) As far as 400 or 500lbs...It would be something definitely "other worldly" if it were canine in origin. I'll wait for the photo.

With regards to the "field researcher" vs the "armchair researcher" all I have to say is that both are equally important provided they keep their objectivity hat on at all times. The moment that objectivity turns to subjectivity, neither carries any weight.

Mr. Phillips has done a great deal of time in the field, and I am impressed with his long-term endeavor. But to think that one can spend any great length of time (a lifetime's work, no doubt) in any one locale and remain objective, is quite unbelievable. Certainly in listening to his descriptions I noticed that he didn't seem to quantify many of his observations- and quantification is, or should be, what research in any field should be about. Quantifiable research can be indexed, put into a database and compared with other databases.

Perhaps this is being done, perhaps not.

For follow up questions I would like to find out:

a) are there any military bases near "Marley woods?" Any power stations?
b) What is the primary bedrock material? Limestone, quartz, granite? Is there a large concentration of iron in the area?
c) how large is the geographical area in which these strange events are occurring? 20 miles? 10 miles? 2miles?
d) are there any noted aquifiers near the area? What is the distance from Marley woods to the nearest river?

I eagerly await the posting of the photo(s) in any viewable format.

As per my earlier post, it seems we are once again denied seeing any of the evidence due to website problems. I'm not being funny, but i seem to remember him giving these excuses in all of his previous podcasts over the last few years.
If he really is sitting on this amazing batch of evidence, surely its not too hard to get someone to set him up a website.
He always says he has all these amazing people in his team..... can none of them get a website going that posts pictures?

If he can manage to set up all these camera systems with IR, nightvision and motion detectors etc, then surely he can post some evidence on his website. Not trying to be harsh but these questions do beg to be answered.

Hello Paracastians!

He's been called:

"One of the more important figures in the history of UFO investigation... A true pioneer.. The real deal."

And Ted Phillips has let another week go by without posting the clear daylight photo of the 500 pound wolf/bear/ape that he promised to post "in a week or two" lo those many weeks ago. I was hoping this would be a countdown to paranormal proof and now it seems to be a count UP to greatness!

Excelsior!

And I'll be sure to post here again next week.

Lance

I'm glad you're keeping an eye out for this one. He's giving me less and less reason to be "open minded."

I'm glad you're keeping an eye out for this one. He's giving me less and less reason to be "open minded."
Bitch, bitch, moan, groan. Give it a rest you guys! Ron Collins and I are working with Ted to get the reports and photographs posted. Ron has graciously volunteered to help Ted get started and post the pertinent info. Ted has sent photos and reports to both of us. But, it doesn't matter--you moody types will always find something to denigrate, ridicule and dismiss out-of-hand. That's your nature. You are NOT interested in solving these mysteries because you are too invested in your holier/smarter than thou attitude. You get enjoyment dissing dedicated people who are doing human understanding an invaluable service by spending years and fortunes doing the heavy lifting. Ted is literally spending day after day, night after night staking out the location with a dedicated team and state-of-the-art gear. Until you do the same, I really don't give a hoot what you think, do or say. Have I made my opinion clear enough for you? Actually, now that I think about it, I don't care if I have... :)
LOL

That's good enough for me, listeners. Let's drop this subject and give Chris and Ron enough time to help Ted get his material on the site. I'd also recommend you guys use a different content creation tool. The one from GoDaddy that's being used now is inflexible and even gives them free publicity, which they certainly don't need.

One more thing: If I see any more needless attacks on this subject, there will be bans aplenty and closed threads as required.

If I was him and seeing the level of this thread I would change my mind on sharing the fruits of years of passionate work with a bunch of insolent lazy brats. ;););)
Ron & Chris, thanks...

If I was him and seeing the level of this thread I would change my mind on sharing the fruits of years of passionate work with a bunch of insolent lazy brats. ;););)

Ron & Chris, thanks...

He actually has begin to regret announcing that site before it was ready. He's not a Web designer, and had to depend on someone else to get the job done.

Now he has first-class help. :)

Whilst Lance's tone often isn't (and certainly wasn't in this case) respectful to the people who have come on to the show to give us information about their studies, I do think that 'needless attack' is a little harsh. The people on this forum all come from different backgrounds, all have different views.. but its not beyond the boundaries for us to ask for a little evidence from the guests.
You have to remember that a large proportion of this fanbase was built up on a paracast that 'asked the hard questions'.... that asked for evidence in an effort to make a differentiation between something that has actual evidence against something that is just hear'say. Sure, 'field researchers' like Chris might say that the average message board person might never have got their hands dirty, and might never have hand their hand up a dead cows arse, but is it too much that we ask for a bit of evidence from time to time.
For all i know, Ted is the best researcher of our times... for all i know he could be a legend in ufology.... but one thing I do know, is that he has been studying this stuff for about 20 years, and has never produced anything that is even remotely interesting in terms of evidence.
I have listened to all of his podcasts recently, from paratopia to the paracast, and all I have heard is excuses about him not having time to post the evidence, or not wanting to tell people about the symbols on UFO's he has had described to him in an effort to keep his work unbiased.
If you don't believe me, go back and download all of his appearances over the last few years and listen to them. All you will hear is the same old stories and no evidence.
Let me make one thing straight, i get damn annoyed by so called 'skeptics' taking a cynical tone of voice and claiming that they 'know' the answer to the UFO phenomenon is definitely not paranormal... since there is not enough evidence to prove either way, and anyone who thinks that, is as closed minded as the person who thinks that Aliens have definitely arrived and the government is covering it all up.
However, it is a totally legitimate call to ask for a tiny bit of evidence from Ted, since he has been telling us about this stuff for years, and he has accepted many monetary donations for his research from the public....
If that counts as a needless attack, then ban me

Hello everyone,

I have received permission from Ted to post the images he sent Chris and I on Friday. However, I can not do it until tonight after 9pm. I am going to create a 2 threads for these. One with the creature pics and one with the amber lights. Sorry for the delay but I will get them up tonight.

Ron

I'm content to sit and wait also.

But you know, if you can't (or don't know how to) post a photo or a story or whatever, it's pretty simple, .... don't go out and tell people you're going to do it within a certain timeframe. Nobody is going to take offense.

But when a noted researcher makes statements that they ARE going to do something, then everyone expects them to do it especially considering all the respect and admiration some people have for Ted. I'm assuming when he says he'll be out on a investigation site at a certain time he's going to be there. And if he's not, people probably get upset.

I mean we're talking about posting a single picture on a website right?? I can't imagine what the problem might be. Let me just ask this, ... since Ted now has some help, how long do you think it will be before it is posted?? Thank you.

edit ..... wow, Thanks Ron, ... ask and you shall receive...

Bitch, bitch, moan, groan. Give it a rest you guys! Ron Collins and I are working with Ted to get the reports and photographs posted. Ron has graciously volunteered to help Ted get started and post the pertinent info. Ted has sent photos and reports to both of us. But, it doesn't matter--you moody types will always find something to denigrate, ridicule and dismiss out-of-hand. That's your nature. You are NOT interested in solving these mysteries because you are too invested in your holier/smarter than thou attitude. You get enjoyment dissing dedicated people who are doing human understanding an invaluable service by spending years and fortunes doing the heavy lifting. Ted is literally spending day after day, night after night staking out the location with a dedicated team and state-of-the-art gear. Until you do the same, I really don't give a hoot what you think, do or say. Have I made my opinion clear enough for you? Actually, now that I think about it, I don't care if I have... :)
LOL

I originally wrote a frustrated rant about what you replied Chris, but I decided it wasn't worth it. However, please note that not all of us have the time to be investigating stuff like this, and it's unfair to hold that against us. I'm glad I can do my part moderating, but in terms of research and getting "out there," I have a family to spend time with, and a mortgage to pay.

I originally wrote a frustrated rant about what you replied Chris, but I decided it wasn't worth it. However, please note that not all of us have the time to be investigating stuff like this, and it's unfair to hold that against us. I'm glad I can do my part moderating, but in terms of research and getting "out there," I have a family to spend time with, and a mortgage to pay.
Don't take everything personally, I wasn't talking about you--I was talking about the tone. Everybody interested in these subjects lusts for that definite video clip or photo that finally proves what they have known all along. Hey, if this stuff is real and truly other, I, (as a human) have a right to know! And we all do. But this whole thing is getting old already. Ted (with honest enthusiasm) put a timetable on posting the data that he mentioned on the show. Oh well, sometimes things take longer when you have a life like Ted's. He has to deal with the same things we all do, pay bills, spend time with his family plus he is somehow manufacturing time and budgets to do good proto-scientific investigation out in the field. I don't know how he does it, to be honest. He is an inspiration, I applaud his efforts and look forward to any and all peer review of his data with interest. "Paranormal" (for lack of a better term) investigators like Ted are proto-scientists on location with limited resources gettin it done! Who said you had to do the same (?)

Don't take everything personally, I wasn't talking about you--I was talking about the tone. Everybody interested in these subjects lusts for that definite video clip or photo that finally proves what they have known all along. Hey, if this stuff is real and truly other, I, (as a human) have a right to know! And we all do. But this whole thing is getting old already. Ted (with honest enthusiasm) put a timetable on posting the data that he mentioned on the show. Oh well, sometimes things take longer when you have a life like Ted's. He has to deal with the same things we all do, pay bills, spend time with his family plus he is somehow manufacturing time and budgets to do good proto-scientific investigation out in the field. I don't know how he does it, to be honest. He is an inspiration, I applaud his efforts and look forward to any and all peer review of his data with interest. "Paranormal" (for lack of a better term) investigators like Ted are proto-scientists on location with limited resources gettin it done! Who said you had to do the same (?)

I'm cool with that Chris. I guess I've become touchy to the whole "you should get out there and do the work" thing.
Looking forward to seeing the picture.

Back