• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stanford and O'Brien Episode - October 4, 2009

Thanks for the info, David. Yes, that steam valve thing is pretty outrageous, I must admit. But then so is the bordello idea! It's good to hear that Colgate has some redeeming history.

I want to join the others in welcoming you to the forum. I have long been a fan of your work on the Roswell saga. You have come up with some very interesting evidence over the years. Real researchers are always welcome.

An excellent podcast about a truly remarkable case. I'm glad that Ray was given the opportunity to share his first-hand knowledge regarding the known and measurable parameters of this event. Ray's "Socorro Saucer" volume is among the best UFO trace-case books ever published and I highly recommend this work. I can also tell you that, after more than 50 years of nearly full-time research, the Socorro case is about 1% of what Ray knows about ufology. His personality is indeed (sometimes intensely) mercurial at times, but I must say that I've learned more about ufology (i.e. the hard science and the "greater reality" implications) from my long discussions with Ray Stanford than with any other individual in the ufological community --two hours wouldn't scratch the surface, he has a wealth of verifiable knowledge. Strangely, it is somewhat surprising to me that he is not more widely known.

Thanks Dave, you have put into words my exact thoughts about this "Elder" of UFO studies.

I would like to add two things.

Number one, I was surprised in reading this thread that no one has mentioned or acknowledged Ray's psychic abilities and experiences.
I sense something just a bit mysterious about the "opportunities" that have presented themselves to Ray, in terms of his archaeological finds and his UFO encounters. In following his theories about UFO propulsion alone, I am convinced that this fellow has very powerful intuitive qualities, at the very least.
Since this is occasionally a "paranormal show", I really hope that Ray returns so he can be questioned about the organization he headed years ago called The Association for the Understanding of Man. They were doing some very interesting spiritualist experiments. Within that context, I for one would like to know if he feels that all UFO sightings and related events of high strangeness have an extraterrestrial source.

The second thought that I would like to share is perhaps an explanation for Ray's touchiness. For his entire life the man has attempted to apply science in fields where established science will not go, at least publicly. In fact UFO and paranormal studies are highly stigmatized to the detriment of a researchers reputation, especially if that person is also trying to establish credibility in a traditional institution. Say, archaeology for example.
It's easy to understand the frustration that could build up. Combine that with the likelihood that Mr Stanford was well aware of the reputation the Paracast has for showing no mercy. He has probably listened to the program before and maybe didn't agree with the way some of the guests were treated on or after the show. From a paranormal perspective, perhaps he was over reacting, as so many gifted people do, to what they perceive to be negative energy. But so what! This is a show that claims to be unafraid of being confrontational, and in fact the general atmosphere invites it.
Lets all rise above and learn from this remarkable man, before he is gone and all that's left are laments, like on the Richard Hall Memorial Show.

Randy Menard

I have listened to the show again and find that I am satisfied to hear Ray reply to a question and go basically in any direction with it.
Everything he states is of interest to me.
His serendipitous discovery of the existence of other witnesses while rummaging in Hynek's attic reminds me of the successful treasure hunts he had while searching for dinosaur bones.
What the heck was he doing in Hynek's attic anyway?
See, that's an example of something I found interesting, but he was cut off. I wonder if anyone else wanted to hear that story?

I will repeat what I stated in my preceding post. Namely that I find his "good luck factor" to be very intriguing with respect to happenstance UFOs and also his ability to "find things". But alas, intrigue and speculation about such gifts isn't scientific enough to draw much attention to Ray when compared to all the hard evidence he is involved with. Hopefully there will be an opportunity in the future episodes to explore other factors.

Randy Menard

I have listened to the show again and find that I am satisfied to hear Ray reply to a question and go basically in any direction with it.
Everything he states is of interest to me.

I will repeat what I stated in my preceding post. Namely that I find his "good luck factor" to be very intriguing with respect to happenstance UFOs and also his ability to "find things". But alas, intrigue and speculation about such gifts isn't scientific enough to draw much attention to Ray when compared to all the hard evidence he is involved with.

Randy Menard

Ray has amazing recall for specific details that may have taken place four or five decades ago and will reply succinctly (and at length) on that thread until another related idea emerges or you ask him a different question. He is always very specific with data points and will tell you when he honestly doesn't have an answer.

Indeed, his "good luck factor" or "heightened perceptual awareness" is very intriguing. How did he single-handily turn the urban stream-beds of the greater DC area into one of the most important paleontological sites in the country or capture unidentified aerial objects on 35mm and 8mm film on multiple occasions? He is extremely observant, a very diligent investigator and is also psychic --my honest opinion after what I've seen. In any event, his perceptual skills and due-diligence make him uniquely qualified to scientifically address ufos and other phenomenological topics.

Also, wanted to applaud Chris O'brien who has spent the past six years documenting Ray's life and work. Whenever released, this biography should be chalked-full of Ray's interesting and amazing life experiences.

Indeed, his "good luck factor" or "heightened perceptual awareness" is very intriguing. How did he single-handily turn the urban stream-beds of the greater DC area into one of the most important paleontological sites in the country or capture unidentified aerial objects on 35mm and 8mm film on multiple occasions?

Who has seen this footage? Has it ever been analyzed?

dB

Who has seen this footage? Has it ever been analyzed?dB
You have.
Every episode of the 70s show In Search of: starts out with his 1956 (multiple film camera event in Corpus Christi) footage of the UFO hanging in the clouds. It is still one of the only "unknown" film clips analyzed by Project Blue Book and may be one of the most widely seen UFO film clips in history. Plus, in an earlier post, I put in footage from the Arthur C Clark show Mysterious Worlds. The film they used was from 1959. He allegedly has around 50 films — most daylight.

You have.
Every episode of the 70s show In Search of: starts out with his 1956 (multiple film camera event in Corpus Christi) footage of the UFO hanging in the clouds. It is still one of the only "unknown" film clips analyzed by Project Blue Book and may be one of the most widely seen UFO film clips in history. Plus, in an earlier post, I put in footage from the Arthur C Clark show Mysterious Worlds. The film they used was from 1959. He allegedly has around 50 films — most daylight.

Honestly, I don't remember the opening of the show, and can't seem to find the Corpus Christi footage/stills on the net. May I bother you to repost any and all links to any of his footage? Pretty please with sugar on top? :p

dB

Yeah I know Im probably getting annoying asking this, but I take it David that youre plans to view a lot of Stanfords footage fell through?

Yeah I know Im probably getting annoying asking this, but I take it David that youre plans to view a lot of Stanfords footage fell through?

No, I'm just worried that I'll spend hours driving to Ray's place, and he'll decide I'm not worthy of seeing the film. Call it an intuition. I haven't spoken to him privately since we recorded the episode. Perhaps I'll give him a buzz in the next week, and see what the story is about visiting and actually getting to see the visual evidence he's got.

No annoyance taken, gb. Lately I've just been annoyed by the paranormal field in general, and that ep with Ray didn't set as well with me as I'd hoped it would.

dB

If I may direct my response to David B.
David, I think that is a great idea, if you and Ray were to get together on a more informal basis in person. Like you apparently did with Bud Hopkins.
I'm sure as a result, everyone would be more relaxed on a future episode.
My opinion is that with Ray as a guest, it can't be a bad show. Only great or fantastic! Especially if you and he can develop a comfort level and mutual respect that precipitates those fabulous questions you can present.

Chris O'brien has got it so right about him. There is such richness and variety to this man's experience. And I don't think that I'm alone in believing that the Paracast is the show that makes the best platform for Ray to share his evidence, knowledge, and speculation.
His lifetime as an investigating scientist can't help but reveal new things on the show, to the satisfaction of many of us that like a more technical discussion.
I am so curious about his views on spiritualist sources, and his ideas for controlled experiments in that field? Or, what his opinion is of Bob Lazars explaination of UFO propulsion? ...plus? plus?
The main point being that on this first show you and Gene have only provided a teaser for many of us who see a huge potential with this special guest.
Challenging yes.
Impossible, no.
Enough said by me...you bet!

Randy Menard

Honestly, I don't remember the opening of the show, and can't seem to find the Corpus Christi footage/stills on the net. May I bother you to repost any and all links to any of his footage? Pretty please with sugar on top? :p

dB

From post #55—this thread—Arthur C Clarke episode of Mysterious World that has a segment on Stanford's Project Starlight starts at 4:30 and at 5:41 is the clip from Ray's 1959 Corpus Christi (CC) footage.

But, to note: his 10-05-85 CC daylight footage of four out of seven identical objects traveling from out of the NE into the SW over CC bay is scientifically significant. According to Ray: "all who have seen [this '85] CC film think it is hands-down the best movie or video ever taken of authentic UFOs. It is in fact propulsion diagnostic." I have seen several frames from this footage that shows structure on multiple seemingly identical objects at different angles relative to the camera. If you'd like, I'll ask Ray if it would be OK if I posted excerpts from his quotes about this event or other events from the manuscript.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rWzwlUzO2cE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rWzwlUzO2cE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've seen the In-Search of intro clip somewhere online. We've all seen it numerous times. I'm sure we'll be able to find it somewhere.

Lately I've just been annoyed by the paranormal field in general, and that ep with Ray didn't set as well with me as I'd hoped it would.

dB

You need to take a break, dB. Be like others who have "retired" from the field for a time. This type of stuff always draws you back, but you need to see it from the outside, sometimes. Walk away. It'll still be here when you gain the interest again....like a floater in the toilet; we're going no where no matter how much you flush.

Vomitor said :
>>But still its strange that you got this attention to detail, while at other times the laws of physics are just defied. Why is it that ufo's are often made out to look so orderly and at the same time is involved with every type of strange phenomena possible. I mean "technically" it would'nt need that, its more like its a detail for us to pick up.

In Dimensions, Jacques Vallée calls it the "Third Cover Up : The UFO denies itself" ; "the phenomenon negates itself".
""
The UFO phenomenon enjoys the same recursive unsolvability [the magician that misled you with a tale you believed as an explanation for the trick]. It leaves indices behind, but they
seem to be even more maddeningly misleading than the witnesses' accounts. The phenomenon
negates itself. It issues statements and demonstrates principles where some of the information
conveyed is true and some is false. Determining which is the true half is as an exercise left to the
investigator. ""

Stanford and O'Brian

Thanks very much Dorkbot for the questions i wanted to ask and christopher O'brien for the detailed answers.
I hope as soon as these material will be available, they will be freely and we will ne notified.

And in view of the christopher web site dedicated to the scientific research of ray, I was surprised that the subject was not at all touched.

So I would expect/hope that a new show will be done with ray asap to detail his ufo hunter works.

I am happy to read that the persons that take part to this forum have a positive analysis of the last show. I share precisely the view of sandafire. No mistake done.
And be carefull, this Ray can talk EIGHT hours if you let him : Exopolitics: The Study of the Politics of Extraterrestrial Contact: Ray Stanford (Part 1)

I must say as a french, Ray was hard to follow deep. For me, the audio quality was marginaly not good enough for his way of talking.

Back