• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So who among you has actually had a sighting?

Sean Elifritz

Administrator
I never have. There was a time a couple of years ago that for a brief fraction of a second I thought I might be finally seeing one. I was walking to work and suddenly a white light shot across the sky from left to right very quickly, much faster than any plane could ever hope going. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at it. But then it exploded in a pretty unceremonious way. There was nothing spectacular about the explosion, just a few silent white sparks and then nothing. It was obviously a meteorite.

But I'm wondering what sightings those here at the Paracast have had.

I won't call it a 'sighting' and write it up to sleep-paralysis, but somehow it keeps stuck...saw a hooded figure by my bed, it never talked nor touched me.

I've had two but I only really count the one as the earilier one was at night, at a distance and I was very young.

I had a clear daylight sighting in June 1972 of a disk-shaped craft only about 100ft away, hovering about 30ft off the ground. It was so clear I could draw it - and in subsequent decades have seen photos/artistic impressions of the same shape with the same details.

This sighting was accompanied by 2 hours 20 minutes of missing time and a perfectly round, weeping red mark about 18mm in diameter below my left eye socket, like a layer of skin had been peeled off by a thin blade. It took 3 months to heal and disappear. I also remember a voice in my head telling me I "wouldn't remember anything that had happened this morning..."

This happened in rural Cheshire in north-west England between 05.45 and 08.05 am on a June morning. I didn't come across any reference to "missing time", let alone to abductions, for 15 years or so after this incident and had absulutely no context for it, though it always bothered the hell out of me. I thought I might be delusional, or nuts; but the round mark on my cheek confirmed something physical had happened.

In 1976 I was with three other people on a beach in southern England at midnight when all four of us had another sighting of a large very bright light, which came closer and got larger. There was another period of missing time - about 45 minutes - and then I found myself on a different part of the beach than the other three, who were sitting together in the original spot, staring out to sea.

I personally have never seen anything. However, I have a good friend who, along with a second witness, saw a very bright light hovering slightly above and adjacent to a group of tall, residential high rise buildings on the South side of Hong Kong Island earlier this year. The light was seen at approximately 9 PM. After hovering for a while, the light moved upwards and away from the apartment complex out over the South China Sea, in an arch-like trajectory but still clearly visible, where it continued to hover for another 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the light disappeared (or was extinguished in the night sky). At no point was any sound heard, and the movement was non-ballistic in nature. It clearly did not appear to be a helicopter.

My comment to him was this is probably how an abduction UFO behaves, if in fact abductions do occur, except that they probably typically don't keep their lights on.

Other than the two eventual IFOs that I have mentioned elsewhere i have never had an encounter. I have talked to what you would call "serious people" who have claimed to have encountered beings in their homes, seen UFOs, and one who claimed to have worked at "the base where we have our own flying disks" long before area 51/S4 was ever publicly discussed. While I have heard some outrageous and unlikely things from folks over the years, there are at least two individuals whose stories about beings,UFOs, and bases I find highly credible.

I've never seen anything that I would classify as paranormal, and anything strange that I have seen in the sky could easily be attributed to something natural, or of terrestrial origin.
What ArchieBedford mentions up there sounds absolutely fascinating though.

I have had two anomalous sightings.

The first was a ball of light between the size of a softball and a basketball. My friend and I were walking across campus at around 9pm. The ball of light came from behind us approximately 10-20 feet above our heads, and continued forward until it got close to a 10story building, at which point it veered upwards and continued until it faded out of sight.

My friend and I looked at each other and said "what was that?' And then we continued on our way. The whole sighting was around 5 seconds. What I distinctly remember about the object was that it seemed to be a glass sphere with a small ball of light inside of it.

The second and more recent sighting was a very high altitude grey and white diamond shaped craft. It was moving quite rapidly and after about 10 seconds it performed a "j-turn" and joined up with another craft of the same shape and color. I believe this second sighting was man-made. The only reason I consider this an anomalous sighting is that the "j-turn" had an amazingly small radius. Since I was not at altitude, I have no idea if the turn was actually a Split-S turn or an Immelman turn though.

In 1999 I had a ‘lights in the sky’ sighting. I was with a friend and what looked like 2 bright stars in the night sky began moving in towards each other and separating again like an infinity symbol ∞. We both stopped in our tracks and looked at it. It lasted for maybe a minute I think.

Angel of Ioren said:
What ArchieBedford mentions up there sounds absolutely fascinating though

There's more to these two incidents: what led up to each, and what followed. And there's other incidents too, though generally without sightings of structured UFOs, except one other time. The strangeness seems to be lifelong, and though incidents are relatively infrequent it all adds up over the years. I wish it happened to someone else, quite honestly. I coulda done without it.

I've had two genuine 'true' UFO sightings. Maybe another couple, but just these two remain unexplained.

Years back, I was with two friends and we were looking into the clear night sky to see a satellite or the MIR space station pass over. We saw a satellite/Mir and just watched it as it passed overhead. The trajectory of the satellite passed another light that was also moving. We started watching it and were baffled. This light moved in a triangular path. It moved clockwise on an equilateral triangular path! The satellite continued on it's path and we just focused on this weird light that remained in the same place we originally noticed it. It seemed to be right out there on the outskirts of a low Earth orbit, but who can say?

We watched it for a few minutes and turned the air blue with, "What the f*** is that?!" and similar comments. This light carried on repeating the same motions. It didn't do anything apart from move in the triangular motion. We got bored and walked on...what else can you do?

The next one occurred a few years ago. It was the year Shakira's album was on heavy airplay rotation. I was in Eastbourne, England. It's on the South Coast on the English Channel. I was at a party. Me and three mates had a walk across the road to the beach. It was around 23:30. We were talking BS and having a laugh. Maybe 30 metres away there was a group of some 20 goth/emo types. The sky was totally clear and star-studded apart from some wisps of cloud. Suddenly from the northern horizon, a red light zig-zagged across the sky silently. Again, the air was turned blue with 'fucks!'

This red light zig-zagged from the north and shot across the English Channel over France at a hell of a speed. It took around 4 seconds to cross from north horizon and disappear over the southern horizon. Damn fast!

The group of people further down the beach saw it too and were swearing like us. We were fairly excited about it and headed back to the party. That Shakira album was still being played lol. We burst in and told them all about this 'UFO sighting' and got laughed down! Some thought we were hoaxing and others said we'd been drinking and imagined it all.:)

I've had two other odd UFO experiences, but they're not as compelling as those two. One was a sphere that faded/vanished as soon as I noticed it....possibly imagined it? The other was with 6/7 friends around 5am when a blue 'flash-bulb' light lit up the area like daylight for a second or so. Both of them could be some mind-fart incident.

EDIT TO ADD: During the European airspace shutdown following the Icelandic volcano. Got out my car and noticed an orange ball of light travelling east silently. It struck me as unusual...colour wasn't like anything I recognise from police helicopters etc. I reached for my phone to record it and couldn't find it. Went inside and forgot about it. A few days later, some guy posted a thread on ATS about seeing an orange ball of light travelling east. The time he saw his light was some few minutes after I saw mine and I live due west from where he lives in Yorkshire. I posted a response, but you all know how forums are...

here is the Mufon report I made at the time: 2009-10-10

Oh and yes it was last year.. that shows in the long run how much you can trust an eyewitness memory lol.
Any way I made the report right away when I saw the UAP.

"UFO Report
Time 9pm New Zealand time
Two objects observed.
The first object was observed for 15 minutes over Christchurch City.
I was standing outside having a coffee and a cigarette when I noticed a light streak across the sky from south to north then suddenly stop and hover then begin to move at high speed erratically across the sky. The first object appeared as a very bright point of light that would dim as it moved at high speed and at its lowest point it looked disk like.
I observed this object for over ten minutes as it made right angle turns and moved around at very high speeds. The second object appeared in much the same way as the first except from the east to west both began to move to follow each other at which point I lost sight of them as a bank of cloud rolled in and made observation impossible. This would put both objects at a very high altitude and by their movement and way of arrival I cannot see this as an aircraft. I did not notice any sound other than normal street traffic noise."

It was strange to see but as a report it is nothing more than another set of strange lights seen at night.
Interesting but not really that helpful.

I've had a number of sightings of unusual objects down through the year's. I have also had some Paranormal encounters that are of a personal nature. I have never discussed does here and never will. I will discuss my UFO encounters because outside of me. I was among Friends when i saw these objects, so i tend to believe i was not hallucinating when i saw these objects.

I'd witnessed in 1993 March 30. A number of Lights, flying very fast across the Irish sky. These lights were of different colors (red, green,and Blue) I saw these lights with three male Friends.

"These lights also effected the sky. It has hard to describe unless you were there to see for yourself. But the sky. Was pulsating undergoing a shock of some sort, and it was constantly flashing and this shocking effect on the sky occurred first, before these lights came into view. As soon as these lights left. The sky just faded back to normal as if nothing had happened.

I recently unlike lot of people who allege have witnessed UFO's. Have some outside confirming that my sighting was a real sighting and a real event. Even though personally, i already knew my sighting was genuine. But it's nice to find other Information that can back up your sighting.

" This particular sighting was part of major UFO Flap that occurred over Ireland and England in March 1993. Nick Pope calls those Sightings over the UK (THE COSFORD INCIDENT) In Ireland this sightings were Well documented. However i never knew till recently there was a Major UFO over Ireland in March 1993. I posted my findings in the Nick pope Thread. Also in this report.

There was write-up of a sighting were Two Garda (policemen) had witnessed a Usual craft flying through the sky near Askeaton Limerick Ireland March 30 1993. I live 8 or ten miles from that location. This goes along way in confirming i saw what i saw on the day i said i did!!! I have prove were i live,... Privately i can reveal my Parents Home. If someone is interested and will keep the information private?

I had had a sighting in Galway Ireland in April 2002. But it was individual sighting!!! so i tend not explore that much as the sighting i explored above and the sighting i reveal next.

My most recent sighting. Was aboard a flight from Stansted Airport to Shannon Airport in October 2009. I witnessed a number of Objects around half way through the flight. I say, we must have been somewhere near Wales or the Irish ocean at that time? The journey takes around hour and ten minutes, and i was aboard a Ryanair flight. I was also with a close friend.
I was near the top first row of seats. I was sitting on the right. I never saw them first. My mate saw these objects and he silently said to me. In a typical Irish tone!! look at that. Remember we were onboard a plane full of passengers. Could not get too excited!!

I looked out the window and remember we over 30,000 feet up in the air. There was a number of Black chimney shaped or mushroom shaped objects resting inside a number of clouds.
I counted around five or six of these objects in the sky. The top of these objects was appearing over the cloud. But i do know, if the objects were bigger because the clouds blocked my view.

Also what was cool was another Plane below us flew passed these objects i saw. These objects must have been seen by the pilots of the Ryanair flight i was on. I do not know if the other pilots of the other plane saw these objects, because they would have to look up to see i guess. I could have snapped these objects with my Phone.
But my Phone was turned off because i was on Board a plane. And a Air Hostess was sitting close above me. She would have seen me use my Phone. My seat was the first one on the right unfortunately. This sighting lasted around 5 minutes.

At the risk or being nicknamed "the Paracast own Greer", I have had one "hardware" saucer and around 300 sightings [sic] sometime interactive, of what I've come to call IEAs (intelligent Electromagnetic Architecture).

Keiko's experience reminds me of some of my IEAs.

In 1999 I had a ‘lights in the sky’ sighting. I was with a friend and what looked like 2 bright stars in the night sky began moving in towards each other and separating again like an infinity symbol ∞. We both stopped in our tracks and looked at it. It lasted for maybe a minute I think.

Back