• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

SKINWALKER RANCH Show: Please post your questions HERE:

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Tuesday afternoon we will be taping a show covering one of the most important on-going cases of location-specific phenomenal events on record: The Uintah Basin/ Sherman Ranch Case. Most Paracast listeners are aware of the case, but this episode will feature new information and up-to-date analysis of these enigmatic events that continues to baffle scientists and researchers of paranormal events. UFOs, crypto-creatures, cattle mutilations, portals, Native legends, a shadowy billionaire, melted dogs, rumors of fire-fights w/ aliens, etc--this case has it all! This is a show not-to-be missed. Please post your questions here!

I've got a few:

1. Has anyone tried to count the number of distinct type of paranormal happenings at the ranch?

2. What is the current status of the family who sold the ranch to Bigelow? Has anything paranormal followed them, such as seemed to happen to the woman in 'The Entity'?

3. Can anyone expand on why some people seem to get a positive vibe at the ranch whereas many others seem to experience if not malevolence, then pretty nasty trickster-ish behaviour?
Are there any theories as to why this might happen?

4. What is the exact state of play at the ranch right now - or as recently as anyone is aware of? Are things still happening, are the cameras etc still wired up and working, is there still the same security guarding the place etc?

5. Is there any talk of a movie?

Excellent, as I have just picked up copies of “Hunt For The Skinwalker,” written by Mr. Colm Kelleher & Mr. George Knapp, and “The Mysterious Valley,” written by Mr. Christopher O’ Brien.

Chris, just a couple of questions.

What is your impression of Mr. Bigelow’s reluctance in releasing data pertaining to the ranch?

Have you heard anything concerning an associate of Mr. Bigelow’s, purchasing property above the ranch?

Was anyone able to get a hold of good ol’ Junior Hicks, and find out about the “ranch rods,” and what is your impression?

Could you tell us what John Alexander’s role was at the ranch?

When interviewed, Mr. Kelleher mentioned that there were extremely low magnetic field readings in the area. Do you have a clue as the what those field readings were?

Did anyone that you know of ever have a chance to speak with the NASA researcher who allegedly had the encounter involving the form of sentience out in the pasture, and did anyone ever find out who he is?

When Jacques Vallee, Colm Kelleher, John Alexander, and Mr. Robert Bigelow suggest that whatever the form of sentience is, that it is extremely consciousness oriented. From what you have gathered, what does this mean to you?

Has anyone had the opportunity to speak with the Sherman family in recent years, and if so have any of the family members experienced anything out of the ordinary since leaving the ranch?

What are your impressions as to the veracity of accounts described in “Hunt for the Skinwalker,” in relation to Mr. Knapp’s version of the events which allegedly took place? The beginning of the book seems a little gooey in respect to the wholesomeness of the Sherman family.

Have you ever had the opportunity to view the Masonic symbol which is inscribed below the cliff ledge above the ranch, as it is alleged that the inscription is over a century old. And what might it signify.

Has anyone heard from Colm Kelleher in recent years?

Do you have any idea of how many researchers were at the ranch at any given time, and have there been researchers there as of late?

Do you know if Mr. Frank Salisbury has heard of any good reports?

Has Mr. Sanchez offered anything of interest?

Has the entire county become a sideshow for paranormal sightseers yet?

Wow extremely cool Chris and Gene.

1. Since you Chris were the first investigator on the case, any stories you personally can share that the Sherman's related to you that was not in the book?

2. Did you Chris ever have an strange experience at the ranch of local surrounding area?

3. Why is it the phenomenon seems to dissipate when there was no one to scare anymore only inquisitive investigators?

4. The emotion of fear, over and over comes up in this case, not just fear of the unknown but artificially generated fear, in the form of what George Knapp called the "Blue Meanies", those Blue glowing lights that elicited unnatural fear in the witnesses. The phenomenon seemed to thrive on an atmosphere of fear. Could this mean one of the primary reason for these events is to "Harvest" fear from whoever may be in the area?

Thanks for doing a show on on of IMO most important cases in our time, and thanks for letting us ask detailed questions.

Wow extremely cool Chris and Gene.

1. Since you Chris were the first investigator on the case, any stories you personally can share that the Sherman's related to you that was not in the book?

2. Did you Chris ever have an strange experience at the ranch of local surrounding area?

3. Why is it the phenomenon seems to dissipate when there was no one to scare anymore only inquisitive investigators?

4. The emotion of fear, over and over comes up in this case, not just fear of the unknown but artificially generated fear, in the form of what George Knapp called the "Blue Meanies", those Blue glowing lights that elicited unnatural fear in the witnesses. The phenomenon seemed to thrive on an atmosphere of fear. Could this mean one of the primary reason for these events is to "Harvest" fear from whoever may be in the area?

Thanks for doing a show on on of IMO most important cases in our time, and thanks for letting us ask detailed questions.

Chris, have you heard of the 'Bradshaw Ranch near Sedona? Tom Dongo describes it as a paranormal hotspot. I have since heard that some government agency bought it and fenced it off. Do you know anything about it? Did NIDS ever take an interest in it?

Chris, have you heard of the 'Bradshaw Ranch near Sedona? Tom Dongo describes it as a paranormal hotspot. I have since heard that some government agency bought it and fenced it off. Do you know anything about it? Did NIDS ever take an interest in it?
Yes, I have heard of the Bradshaw Ranch. Its practically impossible to not have heard about it if you are interested in weirdness and live around here. It would seem that it is a "hot spot" for sure based on the many bizarre events that were reported as occurring there in the '80s and 90s. The government wrangled away ownership of the ranch after the Bradshaws ran into some tax problems. They swooped down and appropriated it; fenced it off and have denied public access to the ranch ever since--even though it is now under Dept of Interior jurisdiction. When UFO Hunters came here in 2007 we tried to get permission for the History Channel production company to go on to the ranch and permission was denied w/ no explanation. We went all the way up the chain of command to the head of the Coconino National Forest and were unsuccessful. They gave no reason why they wouldn't grant permission, which was highly unusual. When the team flew over the ranch in a rented helicopter, all the video and audio batteries were inexplicably drained. I still can't believe they never mentioned this curious fact on the segment, but hey--that's Hollywood for you!

As to any interest in the ranch by NIDS and Biggie, never heard of any....

Is there any talk of a movie?

1. How about a full-length documentary detailing the experiences and recordings of the scientists?

2. If there is a non-disclosure agreement between Mr Bigelow and the scientists, why is Colm Kelleher allowed to be doing interviews and co-author a book about the events? Does he have a special permission or are the other scientists just too concerned about their reputation? Is this a lifetime agreement or can they eventually publish their data?

3. Has there ever been a so-called 'psychic' officially involved to see if he or she can sense something at the ranch? Or 'haunting' experts, parapsychologists etc.? Poltergeist-like events, light anomalies and the notion that these phenomena seem to be intelligent and trying to avoid being recorded do remind me of haunting reports.

4. Did they ever try to build a trap for these giant wolves? If these were interested in the cattle, they would have had the bait..?

Hi Chris & Gene,

1. What is the American Indian history of the Sherman Ranch area?

2. Is the area susceptible to high levels of electrical storms and tremors ?

3. Is there any rare mineral deposit in the area?

4. Is there lots of deep underground waterholes in the locations?

5. Was the region ever used by the US Military in the past ? For example during World War One or Two for training or ordnance depots ?

Gene, Chris....this is going to be a great show.

1) did anybody ever ask the previous home owners why the need for so many locks on the inside of the home as if to keep something out?
2) did bigelow's team ever find any bugging devices in the home or surrounding area outside?
3) since bigelow bought the ranch he has not wanted prying eyes anywhere near it. this makes me think that there has been some anamolous activity that has happened on the ranch in the last 15 years that we have never heard about. Can anybody tell us something we haven't heard of yet?

I have many more questions but I'll leave it at three to give others a chance. I hope this show goes 3 hours. :)

Have any tests been conducted to measure radioactivity and the presence of toxins on the ranch or on the corpses of mutilated cattle in the area? If so, what were the results? I can't get the admonition of Gab Valdez to not go near mutilated cattle out of my head. Whenever I consider any of these cases now I wonder if anyone bothered to test for toxins or radioactivity? I would no more squat next to a corpse like that and poke it with a stick than I would stand outside of what remains of Fukushima Diachi Reactor 4 and pitch rocks through the holes in the building.

Have any tests been conducted to measure radioactivity and the presence of toxins on the ranch or on the corpses of mutilated cattle in the area? If so, what were the results? I can't get the admonition of Gab Valdez to not go near mutilated cattle out of my head. Whenever I consider any of these cases now I wonder if anyone bothered to test for toxins or radioactivity? I would no more squat next to a corpse like that and poke it with a stick than I would stand outside of what remains of Fukushima Diachi Reactor 4 and pitch rocks through the holes in the building.
I would bet that many tests of various kinds have been conducted on any mute cases that occurred on the ranch since its acquisition by NIDS. Of course because of Biggies' issues around secrecy I doubt we'll ever be told what the results were. They did publish results from a case that occurred in Utah in '98 where they found potassium chloride in the eye fluid (go figure).

As to Gabe's warning, I think that it stems back to NM Cattle Inspector Jerry Valario in the late 90s pulling the tarp off of a mutilated cow that had been lying in the hot sun for an extended period of time--cooking under the tarp. He was instantly overcome by a debilitating gas trapped under the tarp that scorched his lungs and really messed him up when he got a good whiff. He also experienced some kind of skin injury similar to an acid burn after touching the mouth and getting mucus on his hand. He was messed up so bad, he was forced to retire after going through a period of severe health/respiratory issues. The prevailing theory at the time was that a de-lice/debugging spray had been used on the cow and the sun baking it under the tarp caused the bug spray to heat up and concentrate above the animal and when the tarp was removed he got a lung full and was overcome. This DOES NOT explain the acid like burn to his hand. The jury is still out in my mind about this unfortunate accidental incident.

The Valario scenario is why I always try and have a working dog as the first investigator to examine a mute site. In theory, they should be able to pick up on any potentially harmful elements at the site (plus they indicate where any coyotes have pissed near the carcass). I also always approach the animal from upwind and clip a rope onto the tarp (if present) and then standing way back when pulling the tarp off the animal. Discretion is the better part of enthusiasm in my book....

Hi Gene and Chris,
A very exciting podcast; a long time coming, thanks for producing an update on the ranch and its happenings. One question I have that touches on the point that goggsmackay brought up; have the occurrences been plotted as observation points by time, day of week, season, location, type, or even by encounter? Chris, have you found interesting patterns or relationships from your research and the research of others in the area? Do any of the encounters with humanoids replicate observations made in fairy lore, mid 20th century encounters, or even current experiences? Many thanks - I am looking forward to the show.

I hope it's not too late but I have some questions which I would sincerely appreciate an answer:

With all of the (alleged) cattle mutilations and other bizarre phenomena at the Ranch, has there also been any instances of rare or unusual illnesses among the human inhabitants or investigators?

If so, are there any commonalities between those who have become ill and/or problems with the livestock?

Hi Gene and Chris,
A very exciting podcast; a long time coming, thanks for producing an update on the ranch and its happenings. One question I have that touches on the point that goggsmackay brought up; have the occurrences been plotted as observation points by time, day of week, season, location, type, or even by encounter? Chris, have you found interesting patterns or relationships from your research and the research of others in the area? Do any of the encounters with humanoids replicate observations made in fairy lore, mid 20th century encounters, or even current experiences? Many thanks - I am looking forward to the show.

@sagesigma - you know that really has taken my question that bit further in a great way. Retrospectively I wish I had formed the question like you have. I love this place when people weigh in with helpful stuff on these topics. Thanks.

Awesome. Just two questions:
  1. Where's the data and why isn't it being released?
  2. The book talked about some field cameras. Given current advances why not blanket the area in remote cameras and see what gets picked up?
Thanks for the topic choice!

Back