• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ron Regehr: The Roswell Slides & the Ramey Memo: Is there a future for analytical ufology?

The biggest problem with this proposal is the extreme weight of nuclear weapons in 1947. They weighed upward of 10,000 pounds!
Given that balloons with bombs were sent from Japan to the US during WWII, and this was covered-up with the media and suppressed from public knowledge during wartime, it was Keel's theory that even lightweight "alien spies" may have been sent aloft too. He notes a sighting that took place during WWII that might have confirmed this really happened. Is it possible some small sized lightweight (alien looking humans) were sent aloft from Mexico or ? and crashed. Perhaps the dead bodies were from other crash debris that got mixed-up with Roswell decades later too. These ideas were not spread around publicly until Keel proposed those balloon "alien spy" ideas in the 1960's. (Keel's talk about this is on youtube.)

What are his expectations about how his forthcoming book may or may not change public perceptions about the Roswell incident? What is the single most important point that he makes in the book?
UFO books, by their nature, do not influence public opinion, because they do not read them. UFO books are read by that small cadre of people who wish to learn about what or who is apparently visiting our little blue marble in space.
What we have done is open a few doors and determined with a reasonable degree of accuracy when the photos were taken, what the wreckage wasn't, how many photographers were there, found and show some glyphs, show many anomalous objects we found, and more.

What do you think of Rich Reynolds's suggestion that the debris Brazel found and brought into Roswell had nothing to do with the real crash?

Why would he go through a lot of time and trouble to bring it to the Roswell sheriff if he didn't think it was unusual? If it was just familiar junk he could've just cleaned it up and thrown it out or burned it. Or if by "real crash" he means the site other than the debris field...

Why doesn't Roswell go away?

Two reasons: It hasn't been debunked and, lacking a decent prosaic explanation, those behind the coverup have repeatedly put out disinfo to muck it up.

What exactly does he think the Ramey memo is? Could it be talking points, as I have seen elsewhere? If it does say "Victims of the wreck" why would he have that as a talking point? Or could it be hastily put together series of notes to be prepared for his commanding officer?
We believe it is a summary position prepared by Gen. Ramey for Gen. Vandenberg explaining what was going on and what he (Ramey) believes is the best course of action to take.

When will you post the pictures? I'm sure there are lots of people who would like to see them. Why haven't they been posted yet?
The only photograph that is not readily available on the Net is the Bettmann photo. Posting on the Net would be of no real value, as the image compression negates the fine detail vital to revealing the "good stuff".

Hi Ron. Do you have a publication date yet for your new book? Looking forward to reading it.
Constance, no, we have no publication date yet. Neil Morris is working on it right now, then back to me, then to the publisher, then ????. To date, I've self published (just me and a photocopy machine), so I am ignorant of the lag times involved.

Why would he go through a lot of time and trouble to bring it to the Roswell sheriff if he didn't think it was unusual? If it was just familiar junk he could've just cleaned it up and thrown it out or burned it. Or if by "real crash" he means the site other than the debris field...
We know a UFO was found in Texas near that same time frame. It had information on it to contact an officer. That's proof American made UFO's were in existence already and crashing! This has nothing to do with aliens and everything to do with need to know. An intelligence officer got involved with the ranch debris materials right from the beginning. Do you think anyone deserved to know the truth from that point forward? Seriously?
Two reasons: It hasn't been debunked and, lacking a decent prosaic explanation, those behind the coverup have repeatedly put out disinfo to muck it up.
Who says anyone had a need to know? What's to debunk? A decent prosaic explanation is Roswell ET-UFO believers get upset about this and claim cover-up because they will not accept the FACTS people may be incompetent or unable to find the real answers 30-60+ years later. Roswell ET-UFO believers won't examine all the evidence available and will selectively use only the information that supports their claims, but need to know IS really all you need to know... get it? Wink. IF NOT, then you're going to get lies, disinformation, and cover-ups if you can't accept other likely answers that are far more likely to be true than Roswell ET-UFO's. BUT, the need to know people will NOT spoon feed you the truth, never ever!!! Still don't get it? Read on...

Need to know IS the bottom line. Expecting the military to give you accurate answers decades later is part of the Human condition to likely provide inaccurate answers that have NOTHING to do with lying or a cover-up. Very few people had a need to know back then, even within the military, and records were not kept perfectly nor were records intended to be preserved for decades [30-60+ years beyond] about such compartmentalized programs to find anything about it 30-60+ years later. I'm sure there is a reason for burn bags, and literally TONS of papers containing Top Secret information has been burned and erased since WWII x-many times every year annually. FOIA??? LOL... [Read previous sentence and all of the above.]

There is PROOF enough the military was making similar UFO's by what was found grounded and seen aloft in Texas at the same time period. Wow. Mystery solved. Imo.

Even looking at Kennith Arnold's concept drawing of the UFO's he saw it's obvious these were of Human design to me. Similar shaped craft had been flying since the late 1920's. Flying wings and near saucer shapes were of Human design and were flying as experimental aircraft.

Last edited:
Ron, you said Don Schmitt gave you the slide TIFF file. Gene asked you for the file size, but you did not have that info with you to answer. Please tell us the file size. Thanks.

Btw, did you try any more to deblur it? As you are aware now, you can not use the same "software macro" or deblur formula that was used to deblur the file that Adam Dew initially posted online at his website. [Dew removed it a short time later, but I know he posted it. I saw it online myself at his Slidebox media website.]

Btw, NO it was NOT a 300dpi or 72dpi file that Dew posted initially and soon removed. BUT, it was NOT a TIFF file either. It was much lower resolution than the TIFF file you have.

WE ALL need to know the file size of that TIFF file you have. PLEASE tell us...

Thank you, sincerely!

Last edited:
We know a UFO was found in Texas near that same time frame. It had information on it to contact an officer. That's proof American made UFO's were in existence already and crashing! This has nothing to do with aliens and everything to do with need to know. An intelligence officer got involved with the ranch debris materials right from the beginning. Do you think anyone deserved to know the truth from that point forward? Seriously?

Who says anyone had a need to know? What's to debunk? A decent prosaic explanation is Roswell ET-UFO believers get upset about this and claim cover-up because they will not accept the FACTS people may be incompetent or unable to find the real answers 30-60+ years later. Roswell ET-UFO believers won't examine all the evidence available and will selectively use only the information that supports their claims, but need to know IS really all you need to know... get it? Wink. IF NOT, then you're going to get lies, disinformation, and cover-ups if you can't accept other likely answers that are far more likely to be true than Roswell ET-UFO's. BUT, the need to know people will NOT spoon feed you the truth, never ever!!! Still don't get it? Read on...

Need to know IS the bottom line. Expecting the military to give you accurate answers decades later is part of the Human condition to likely provide inaccurate answers that have NOTHING to do with lying or a cover-up. Very few people had a need to know back then, even within the military, and records were not kept perfectly nor were records intended to be preserved for decades [30-60+ years beyond] about such compartmentalized programs to find anything about it 30-60+ years later. I'm sure there is a reason for burn bags, and literally TONS of papers containing Top Secret information has been burned and erased forever. FOIA??? LOL... [Read previous sentence and all of the above.]

There is PROOF enough the military was making similar UFO's by what was found grounded and seen aloft in Texas at the same time period. Wow. Mystery solved. Imo.

Even looking at Kennith Arnold's concept drawing of the UFO's he saw it's obvious these were of Human design to me. Similar shaped craft had been flying since the late 1920's. Flying wings and near saucer shapes were of Human design and were flying as experimental aircraft.
I, for one, would certainly appreciate ANY evidence of the above. I've investigated and researched numerous assertions of human (meaning Earth) designed UFO and have found absolutely nothing to support those claims. I spend almost 40 years as an aeronautical engineer, working on advanced spacecraft. Not even one hint--and I worked shoulder-to-shoulder with aeronautical giants. So, if you have ANY evidence, I welcome it!

Hi Ron, I thought you blackballed me months ago, when I made a post directed to you to please answer. You merely replied posting my same post 'only' without adding one word from you. Did I misunderstand your intentions to not reply to my post? Maybe I came across as "nuts" for some reasons I can think of even myself, but I think I'm fairly sane and grounded. Here is that post that you never commented on:

Here is a copy of that post I wrote you:

Ron Regehr — October 19, 2014 | Page 2 | The Paracast Community Forums

Dear Ron Regehr,

Thank you very much for all the information you provided. I'm freaking-out that you have many letters you shared with Bennewitz!!! I'm freaking-out that you talked to him about many things going on at Kirtland!!!

Oh man, oh man, you must have many more stories to tell...

I can't believe that loon, I'm guessing Linda Moulton Howe, sent you off on that insane trip to the UFO base in UT. Oh god, you've been to the Twilight Zone. I'm glad you made it back safe and sound. haha Someone should get Linda a Yagi Antenna, so she can continue the ET conversations! :D

Did you have much contact with any of the other people involved regarding Bennewitz like Kirtland OSI/Doty types, or Gabe Valdez, or Robert Collins, or Bill Moore, etc. Did you know these people from the beginning of the 1980's or when?

Can you elaborate more about the letters you shared with Bennewitz?

Mr. Bennewitz was onto the idea (seemingly correctly) that specialized aerial craft were "flying" [or lifting upward/vertical then off towards the mountains] from Kirtland in the wee hours of nighttime. He may have called these UFO's, but these craft were really man made.

Can you PLEASE at least confirm there were these specialized aerial craft he was seeing come and go off the base? Gabe Valdez said he saw such aerial craft too independently of Bennewitz. There are some night photos Bennewitz took of these "flying objects" on the ground at Kirtland from the rooftop of his house. These were not photos of "nothing" [like many were from Dulce] but clearly the Kirtland photos had some very unusual objects in the photos.

I wish you would write about what all you knew with anything to do with Bennewitz, Kirtland, those aerial objects, Valdez, Kirtland characters, etc.

Did you see the Movie Mirage Men??? You MUST see it, please.

Thank you very much again for your appearance, and I hope to learn much more about the subjects I wrote about above.

Also, based on your interests in Native American lore and IF you enjoy detective mystery stories, then you might enjoy reading books by Tony Hillerman.

Hi Ron, I thought you blackballed me months ago, when I made a post directed to you to please answer. You merely replied posting my same post 'only' without adding one word from you. Did I misunderstand your intentions to not reply to my post? Maybe I came across as "nuts" for some reasons I can think of even myself, but I think I'm fairly sane and grounded. Here is that post that you never commented on:

Here is a copy of that post I wrote you:

Ron Regehr — October 19, 2014 | Page 2 | The Paracast Community Forums

Dear Ron Regehr,

Thank you very much for all the information you provided. I'm freaking-out that you have many letters you shared with Bennewitz!!! I'm freaking-out that you talked to him about many things going on at Kirtland!!!

Oh man, oh man, you must have many more stories to tell...

I can't believe that loon, I'm guessing Linda Moulton Howe, sent you off on that insane trip to the UFO base in UT. Oh god, you've been to the Twilight Zone. I'm glad you made it back safe and sound. haha Someone should get Linda a Yagi Antenna, so she can continue the ET conversations! :D

Did you have much contact with any of the other people involved regarding Bennewitz like Kirtland OSI/Doty types, or Gabe Valdez, or Robert Collins, or Bill Moore, etc. Did you know these people from the beginning of the 1980's or when?

Can you elaborate more about the letters you shared with Bennewitz?

Mr. Bennewitz was onto the idea (seemingly correctly) that specialized aerial craft were "flying" [or lifting upward/vertical then off towards the mountains] from Kirtland in the wee hours of nighttime. He may have called these UFO's, but these craft were really man made.

Can you PLEASE at least confirm there were these specialized aerial craft he was seeing come and go off the base? Gabe Valdez said he saw such aerial craft too independently of Bennewitz. There are some night photos Bennewitz took of these "flying objects" on the ground at Kirtland from the rooftop of his house. These were not photos of "nothing" [like many were from Dulce] but clearly the Kirtland photos had some very unusual objects in the photos.

I wish you would write about what all you knew with anything to do with Bennewitz, Kirtland, those aerial objects, Valdez, Kirtland characters, etc.

Did you see the Movie Mirage Men??? You MUST see it, please.

Thank you very much again for your appearance, and I hope to learn much more about the subjects I wrote about above.

Also, based on your interests in Native American lore and IF you enjoy detective mystery stories, then you might enjoy reading books by Tony Hillerman.
No, I blackball no one who is serious.
I knew Bill Moore quite well--even had him visit and have dinner with me. He shared (along with Lee Graham) the Snowbird and MJ-12 docs months before they went public. Never met Gabe or Bob Collins.
No. The craft he witnessed were NOT "ours" by any stretch of the imagination. Bennewitz's photos were of helicopters. Photo times matched precisely with helo flight ops. Sorry.
It would be a boring book. More fun to sit and chat with Gene and Chris!
I am IN the movie Mirage Men.
I do not read fiction, but thank you for your consideration.

Ron, thank you very much for your previous reply. Please excuse me for asking a bit more about this, but I can't resist this unique opportunity to communicate with experts such as you are.
No. The craft he witnessed were NOT "ours" by any stretch of the imagination. Bennewitz's photos were of helicopters. Photo times matched precisely with helo flight ops. Sorry.
Do you know Chris Lambright very well? I should have mentioned his name, because those were the Bennewitz photos of "strange lighted" ground objects I was referring to that Lambright has from Bennewitz. These are the ones taken from Bennewitz's rooftop in the dead of night probably well after midnight. Lambright has these photos in his book X-Descending and a few photos are available for free on his website here:

http://www.xdeskpublishing.com/wp-content/prodimg/XDinside-imgsmpls.jpg

So, these pictures [I refer to above] were of helo flights taken after midnight that Chris has photos of ??? If you're referring to something else, then what is your source of photos or film for that helo flight knowledge? Bennewitz gave you something else or ?

When you wrote: "The craft he witnessed were NOT "ours" by any stretch of the imagination." ...can you please give me the specific information about the "not ours" craft you're referring to? Who witnessed, what, when, where? Etc. Thanks.

Were you employed or under contract for many projects Kirkland AFB controlled or sponsored or part of? Did you design satellites that do optical lens photo reconnaissance either with film or digital or both? Specifically, you understand well the optical lens specifications and resolutions that are needed to clearly see ground objects of various sizes?

Lastly, Gene asked you for the file size of the TIFF scan, but you did not have that file size info with you to answer on the Paracast show. Please tell us the file size. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate very much the information you provide us with.

Last edited:
Ron, thank you very much for your previous reply. Please excuse me for asking a bit more about this, but I can't resist this unique opportunity to communicate with experts such as you are.

Do you know Chris Lambright very well? I should have mentioned his name, because those were the Bennewitz photos of "strange lighted" ground objects I was referring to that Lambright has from Bennewitz. These are the ones taken from Bennewitz's rooftop in the dead of night probably well after midnight. Lambright has these photos in his book X-Descending and a few photos are available for free on his website here:

http://www.xdeskpublishing.com/wp-content/prodimg/XDinside-imgsmpls.jpg

So, these pictures [I refer to above] were of helo flights taken after midnight that Chris has photos of ??? If you're referring to something else, then what is your source of photos or film for that helo flight knowledge? Bennewitz gave you something else or ?

When you wrote: "The craft he witnessed were NOT "ours" by any stretch of the imagination." ...can you please give me the specific information about the "not ours" craft you're referring to? Who witnessed, what, when, where? Etc. Thanks.

Were you employed or under contract for many projects Kirkland AFB controlled or sponsored or part of? Did you design satellites that do optical lens photo reconnaissance either with film or digital or both? Specifically, you understand well the optical lens specifications and resolutions that are needed to clearly see ground objects of various sizes?

Lastly, Gene asked you for the file size of the TIFF scan, but you did not have that file size info with you to answer on the Paracast show. Please tell us the file size. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate very much the information you provide us with.

Bill Moore was Paul's house guest when those pix were taken. Bill tried to convince Paul they were helos, even going to the extent of verifying the nex day with flight ops. Paul remained unconvinced. The pix over Coyote Canyon were true UFOs.

I shall look for the file. I did this because I believe Tom and Don were lied to about the deblur "read". I've been pretty busy preparing for my Roswell presentation. If you get a chance this coming weekend, come on by the UFO Museum and say howdy!

Ron, wow, thanks sincerely for your prompt replies. You really have a lot of inside information that is unique and unobtainable elsewhere.

Can you comment about this:

I know a guy named Sentry that posts here at the Paracast, and he has posted information about the Texas UFO's. I don't know what researchers have done to follow-up on these press reports, but I'm hopeful someone did follow-up before the witnesses died. Maybe some of their relatives are still alive that could provide more information?

Ron, wow, thanks sincerely for your prompt replies. You really have a lot of inside information that is unique and unobtainable elsewhere.

Can you comment about this:

I know a guy named Sentry that posts here at the Paracast, and he has posted information about the Texas UFO's. I don't know what researchers have done to follow-up on these press reports, but I'm hopeful someone did follow-up before the witnesses died. Maybe some of their relatives are still alive that could provide more information?
Coyote Canyon at KAFB was where we tested a submunition. We were concerned Paul was intercepting our test data. My satellite was the DSP, an IR sat. I am familiar with optical sats but have no direct working knowledge of them. I am familiar with their capabilities and limitations.

The pix over Coyote Canyon were true UFOs.
Are these pics available to see somewhere? (Sorry, I just don't know exactly what you refer to. Lambright's photos in his book?)

Maybe the Bennewitz family has the only possession of these photos? Or, are you referring to some other photos you have access to?

Thanks again Ron. You're a great guy to share this information so promptly. Much appreciated. That's all I have for now except to know about the TIFF file size when you can spare the time to get it. No rush.

Good luck with your presentation at Roswell. I think that is fascinating that you learned the NY 7th photo of the Roswell debris showed objects with some thickness of 1/4 to 3/8 inch that you believe were removed from some of the photos archived in Texas. What mm size(s) are the negatives for the seven photos? Are the original negatives preserved? From what camera lens/type or model?

Again many thanks, and have fun and success with your Roswell adventure and presentation.

Last edited:
I, for one, would certainly appreciate ANY evidence of the above. I've investigated and researched numerous assertions of human (meaning Earth) designed UFO and have found absolutely nothing to support those claims. I spend almost 40 years as an aeronautical engineer, working on advanced spacecraft. Not even one hint--and I worked shoulder-to-shoulder with aeronautical giants. So, if you have ANY evidence, I welcome it!

The best informed skeptics have long focused on MOGUL as the prosaic alternative to ET. Researchers long ago ruled out everything else, including the flying wing, IF that is what was meant.

Back