• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ron Regehr: The Roswell Slides & the Ramey Memo: Is there a future for analytical ufology?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Ron Regehr returns for a freewheeling look at many subjects including the recent so-called "Roswell Slides" fiasco where we will address how this scenario may be emblematic of problems inherent in this wild-west field of pseudo-scientific inquiry. Ron is all ready to publish "Another Damn Book About Roswell," which contains many tantalizing facts and little-known head-scratchers associated with the world's most famous, over-sensationalized UFO case. Ron spearheaded an analytical process targeting the "Ramey memo," held in the hand of General Ramey at the infamous July, 1947 Ft. Worth, TX press conference where the alleged Roswell weather-balloon debris was shown to reporters. What is most intriguing may be the piece of paper in Ramey's hand, or is it the recently discovered photos of the debris found in the Beckman archive? Does the memo it contain clues to the true nature of the Roswell event? Are the new debris photos revealing of something high-strange?

This forensic analytical process and many other cool topics will be covered. Please only post your QUESTIONS here. If you want to discuss these topics or Ron's appearance—get a thread... :cool:

What are his expectations about how his forthcoming book may or may not change public perceptions about the Roswell incident? What is the single most important point that he makes in the book?

What exactly does he think the Ramey memo is? Could it be talking points, as I have seen elsewhere? If it does say "Victims of the wreck" why would he have that as a talking point? Or could it be hastily put together series of notes to be prepared for his commanding officer?

Why write "another" book about Roswell? Surely it's been done to death and there's very little left to talk or write about?

What do you think actually happened at Roswell back in '47? And what do you primarily base your opinion on?

What do you think of Rich Reynolds's suggestion that the debris Brazel found and brought into Roswell had nothing to do with the real crash?

What other cases, if any, do you think need the kind of attention given to Roswell?

Aside from Chris's San Luis Valley project, are there any actual or possible research projects with potential to bring us any closer to a resolution of the UFO mystery?

What are your thoughts about Ray Stanford's work? Has you seen any of Ray's data?

Why doesn't Roswell go away?

I hope I'm not too late to ask, but here goes nothing.

With the amount of controversy and, franky, uncertainty surrounding the Roswell incident, what is your response to researchers and skeptics alike who claim that a discussion of Roswell and the uncertainty it brings does more to hurt the field of ufology more than it helps expand the dialogue?

What are his expectations about how his forthcoming book may or may not change public perceptions about the Roswell incident? What is the single most important point that he makes in the book?
We're hoping that our book (Neil Morris of the UK is my co-author) will clear up some of the more contentious points about Roswell--When were the photos taken? How many photographers were there? Were there REALLy symbols on the debris? Are there any indicators that the Roswell Incident photographs were of anything other than a "weather gadget'?

What exactly does he think the Ramey memo is? Could it be talking points, as I have seen elsewhere? If it does say "Victims of the wreck" why would he have that as a talking point? Or could it be hastily put together series of notes to be prepared for his commanding officer?
I believe the ROM (Ramey Office Memo) is Ramey's answer to his higher-ups explaining their intentions. It is a typewritten note (NOT teletype), and Ramey apparently has not read it--note his eyeglasses.

Why write "another" book about Roswell? Surely it's been done to death and there's very little left to talk or write about?

What do you think actually happened at Roswell back in '47? And what do you primarily base your opinion on?
Our book is the first that examines the only physical evidence of the Roswell Incident--the photographs. There is NO QUESTION that they show a portion of what was originally touted as the UFO debris and later explained away as a "weather gadget'. We examined the photographs in detail and are the first to do so.

What do you think of Rich Reynolds's suggestion that the debris Brazel found and brought into Roswell had nothing to do with the real crash? Not too much.

What other cases, if any, do you think need the kind of attention given to Roswell? The Iranian event was another well-documented event that is deserving of more in-depth investigation.

Aside from Chris's San Luis Valley project, are there any actual or possible research projects with potential to bring us any closer to a resolution of the UFO mystery? MUFON's Marc D'Antonio is on a team working to photographically "capture" UFO. I know VERY LITTLE about this.

What are your thoughts about Ray Stanford's work? Has you seen any of Ray's data? Ray has forgotten more about UFO than most know. He wrote the book on the Socorro case. A MUST READ for all serious UFOlogists.

Why doesn't Roswell go away?
Possibly because it is the ONLY UFO case where even the most die-hard skeptic/debunker must agree the gov't lied to the public about the event. First, they claimed they had in their possession a flying disc. Then they said it was a "weather gadget". One of them is an out-and-out lie.

I hope I'm not too late to ask, but here goes nothing.

With the amount of controversy and, franky, uncertainty surrounding the Roswell incident, what is your response to researchers and skeptics alike who claim that a discussion of Roswell and the uncertainty it brings does more to hurt the field of ufology more than it helps expand the dialogue?
They're wrong. Too many suffer from the "not invented here" malady. There is an entire generation of young, eager researchers who are not satisfied with the "ancient" and prosaic answers--especially answers that are based upon speculation instead of facts.

Do you see any significant way of finding any real physical evidence from Roswell Case which could satisfied the scientific community today ? Also going on the current media Roswell still has a historical interest in the World community.
ROSWELL: NASA man who walked on Moon says UFO DID crash and US covered up alien find | Nature | News | Daily Express

What does the American Indian Community History tell us about Roswell area prior to European settlement about UFOs ?
The only physical evidence of which I am aware consists of the Ramey Office Photographs.
I know of no American Indian tie-in with Roswell. We do know there are tens of thousands of petroglyphs and pictographs that depict what may be their documenting interactions with Star People.

Ron
What was the most interesting Abduction case you have investigated?
Also, a question related to your work with spy satellites. Have you discovered
any evidence from spy satellites or otherwise, which confirms Ed Grimsley claims
that there is an ongoing actual shooting war in space between ufos?

Ron
What was the most interesting Abduction case you have investigated?
Also, a question related to your work with spy satellites. Have you discovered
any evidence from spy satellites or otherwise, which confirms Ed Grimsley claims
that there is an ongoing actual shooting war in space between ufos?
Sorry, but I have never investigated an abduction case. I had a close friend who was an abductee, and he shared stories about how they stopped his kitchen clock, he requested they choose another entry point, and they did. He had a PhD in Electrical Engineering and designed medical devices. He claimed his ideas were inspired by his visitors.
I own two pair of night-vision devices and have seen ZERO evidence of "space war" as claimed by Mr. Grimsley--either with my own lying eyes or that of the spy satellites I helped design.

Hi Constance, We're really hoping to have copies available at Roswell for the Roswell Fest over the 4th of July weekend. However, that is EXTREMELY optimistic, as Neil, my co-author, is still working on some exciting new developments!

Back