• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RIP Kevin Smith

Kevins family in Thailand have been notified, this was posted by Jerry Wills on FB. Kevins American son got in touch with them.

Ok, thanks for that. I am no longer on FB. So I do not read Jerry Wills.
Kevin did say he moved away from the high temperatures but would
not reveal where he moved to. Looks now like he moved to Illinois, where
he passed away. Always enjoyed his show. Some of those guests though
I just had to turn off.

It doesn't seem as if an archive of Kevin Smith's show exists anywhere. A real shame considering there are hundreds of hours of interviews there...be they the good, the bad, or the ugly.

It doesn't seem as if an archive of Kevin Smith's show exists anywhere. A real shame considering there are hundreds of hours of interviews there...be they the good, the bad, or the ugly.

Hi Mike. I sent few posts on different forums asking for login and password of any subscriber so archives could be preserved.

To make clear, I subscribed to KSS but unfortunately any new subscriber couldn't get working login data - only old subscribers can access to the site. The site will be there until domain is renewed - after that the archives will ge gone - forever.

I received only one reply about my request at another forum. Person told me that he is a subscriber and that he will help me. Unfortunately for now, no follow-up reply.

Currently I have 130 shows of KSS in my personal archives. I also have additional 20-30 that I have to process - and there will be more.

However, I am afraid like many times before, current archives will be gone and it is a shame that kind of stuff often happens. Fortunately, many other archives like Michael Corbin show, etc, are safely preserved within my archives.

I am currently working on a project with Isaac Koi and in the next few days complete set of released Wendy Connors albums will be in the public domain. Many were searching for them. I will upload them tomorrow. Permission is received thanks to Isaac.

I really hope the archive can be saved. Kevin did so many shows and even if his hitrate of great shows is only 1 in 10, that's still a helluva lotta shows!

Last thing I properly saw with Kevin was the I-conference in which Don Ecker also took part.

I have been a member there for several years. I can no longer log on anymore for whatever reason.
I liked Kevin but he did everything himself and would not have it any other way. He would not
take any sponsors as he said he had been screwed over getting paid in the past. He barely made the
rent month to month and had constant programming software problems. Likely due to no budget.
He lived off subscriptions and donations. His 18 hour days finally caught up with him.
Jerry Wills was going to try to get ahold of and preserve his shows I think. But Jerry Wills is a flake
in my opinion so don't count on it. Sorry Don. I know you are a friend of his.

I've got a total of a whopping 18 episodes that I had saved a while back. Perhaps an archive could be st up on archive.org to preserve what is out there?

The biggest story Kevin probably did was on the Lachezar Phillipov story. That should be on Youtube

I was a source of the video that was never broadcast. I was able to acquire it thanks to the colleague journalist that I meet because he works at competiteve TV station. He traveled to Bulgaria to film interview with Phillipov exclusivelly. They filmed Phillipov and returned back to Croatia. Video was never broadcast because Phillipov was not in the proper state for the interview. I provided copy to Kevin based on his request as he wanted to see has anyone messed with Phillipov.

However my terms were that video should not be provided publicly because I didn't have copyright for it. If video leaks, my colleague will know that I am the source as he only provided copy to me. Original video probably doesn't exist any more but I have a DVD copy. Also I didn't want to cause public ridicule to Phillipov because of his condition in the video.

However, Ryan, if you have personal curiosity in the sense of research, contact me on private on that subject. I will gladly help.

Last edited:
I was a source of the video that was never broadcast. I was able to acquire it thanks to the colleague journalist that I meet because he works at competiteve TV station. He traveled to Bulgaria to film interview with Phillipov exclusivelly. They filmed Phillipov and returned back to Croatia. Video was never broadcast because Phillipov was not in the proper state for the interview. I provided copy to Kevin based on his request as he wanted to see has anyone messed with Phillipov.

However my terms were that video should not be provided publicly because I didn't have copyright for it. If video leaks, my colleague will know that I am the source as he only provided copy to me. Original video probably doesn't exist any more but I have a DVD copy. Also I didn't want to cause public ridicule to Phillipov because of his condition in the video.

However, Ryan, if you have personal curiosity in the sense of research, contact me on private on that subject. I will gladly help.

I too remember that one. Very intriguing.

As I suspected that it will happen, Kevin domain run out and site is no more:
Welcome kevinsmithshow.com - BlueHost.com

Which means that archive is gone. There is still a possibility that physical place of redirection for the archive is still alive somewhere but more or a less in a few months it will be gone forever.

My initiative to get login info to archive KPODS was at the end unsuccessful. However I get one private reply that could solve this but member never replied back. There is still a hope that he will reply and archives will be preserved.

In the mean time, after Kate Valentine left her show, I just archived all of her 256 shows and they are safe if anything happens to online archives. 7,6 gb in total.

However my terms were that video should not be provided publicly because I didn't have copyright for it. If video leaks, my colleague will know that I am the source as he only provided copy to me. Original video probably doesn't exist any more but I have a DVD copy. Also I didn't want to cause public ridicule to Phillipov because of his condition in the video..

If you can't show the video can you give us a transcription of what is said?

Which means that archive is gone. There is still a possibility that physical place of redirection for the archive is still alive somewhere but more or a less in a few months it will be gone forever.

My initiative to get login info to archive KPODS was at the end unsuccessful. However I get one private reply that could solve this but member never replied back. There is still a hope that he will reply and archives will be preserved.

In the mean time, after Kate Valentine left her show, I just archived all of her 256 shows and they are safe if anything happens to online archives. 7,6 gb in total.

That's a real shame but I applaud your efforts most vigorously sir!

Folks, I didn't know Kevin Smith and wasn't a listener, but I realize he had many fans who would relish an opportunity to access his archive.

I do have the bandwidth and the storage space on this server to handle multiple gigabytes of data if anyone wants to work to bring it onboard. I already did this with Don Ecker to bring some of his older radio shows online. So open a private conversation with me if you have access to the files, permissions, whatever, and want to make it happen.

I remember Kevin having a facebook fan page. Maybe one of his diehard fans has a complete collection of his kpod archives? I would check but I deleted spybook years ago.

I recently tried his website again myself and got this message:

"Careful!
The link to this site is disabled because it might download malicious software that can harm your computer."

So I went no further. I have never seen that message before, at least on my computer since I have been on the internet
14 years ago.

Back