• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RIP Kevin Smith

Skymon876

Paranormal Adept
Paranormal UFO talk show host Kevin Smith has passed on. Back in the day I used to be a nightly listener. He was on the air for 9 years monday through friday and in the meantime touched alot of people

Wether you liked Kevin or not or did not like his show.

Think of him for just a few minutes and remember him for attempting to help bring truth the world were a mainstream media fails to do its job.

He had a severe heart attack and was released from the hospital a few days ago. He was going to recover and then suffered a major blood clot that went to his lungs.

Today he passed.

wow I'm stunned... i actually listened to Kevin back in 2004 or 2005 back before he was on another paranormal network of another host that died as well. Prayers are with his family. Hope Kevin has all the answers to all the mysteries hes been exploring for so long now ....

i know you called in regularly Ryan, and Walter Bosley was personal friends with Kevin.

wow I'm stunned... i actually listened to Kevin back in 2004 or 2005 back before he was on another paranormal network of another host that died as well. Prayers are with his family. Hope Kevin has all the answers to all the mysteries hes been exploring for so long now ....

i know you called in regularly Ryan, and Walter Bosley was personal friends with Kevin.

I used to call alot but I moved on from it. Before Dons show came back I did.

I'm really sad. Kevin's show was the first paranormal podcast I got into. I latterly got a bit disillusioned with him cos I didn't think he questioned his guests enough and gave them that 'free pass' the Paracast often refers to. But nonetheless, Kevin was a really nice guy and he worked his ass off bringing content and news to his listeners. I think he probably worked himself to an early grave as he pretty much insisted on doing all those shows every week. Listeners were aware that his health was pretty frail for a long time and I've feared this for a long time.

Let's also remember Kevin's career as a cop and as an international police officer - Kevin would work in countries who were making a fresh start, such as Romania, where officers such as Kevin would train a new generation of police in these places. Kevin apparently had a real talent for picking up languages and claimed to have a pretty good handle on a number of European languages.

One unfortunate part of his life was the fact he had a wife and son in Thailand that he could not be with - I am not sure if it was a money or immigration problem but regardless he had a family he cared deeply for but could not be with.

To this day I am still on the 'K-Files' emailing list and I always enjoyed reading Kev's news round-up and video links. This man was very well liked in the alternative news scene and many fans and guests alike will mourn his death.

Feet up Kev, the battle's over. RIP.

I'm really sad. Kevin's show was the first paranormal podcast I got into. I latterly got a bit disillusioned with him cos I didn't think he questioned his guests enough and gave them that 'free pass' the Paracast often refers to. But nonetheless, Kevin was a really nice guy and he worked his ass off bringing content and news to his listeners. I think he probably worked himself to an early grave as he pretty much insisted on doing all those shows every week. Listeners were aware that his health was pretty frail for a long time and I've feared this for a long time.

Let's also remember Kevin's career as a cop and as an international police officer - Kevin would work in countries who were making a fresh start, such as Romania, where officers such as Kevin would train a new generation of police in these places. Kevin apparently had a real talent for picking up languages and claimed to have a pretty good handle on a number of European languages.

One unfortunate part of his life was the fact he had a wife and son in Thailand that he could not be with - I am not sure if it was a money or immigration problem but regardless he had a family he cared deeply for but could not be with.

To this day I am still on the 'K-Files' emailing list and I always enjoyed reading Kev's news round-up and video links. This man was very well liked in the alternative news scene and many fans and guests alike will mourn his death.

Feet up Kev, the battle's over. RIP.

Goggs I grew disillusioned with his questioning of guests also but overall he put alot into it. 5 days per week is a tough task.

I have alot more to say about Kevin because I am sad as well but I am wondering Goggs are you on Facebook?

Jerry Wills who is Kevins co-producer is setting up a special broadcast for people to remember Kevin with. Let me know if you want the details.

Goggs I grew disillusioned with his questioning of guests also but overall he put alot into it. 5 days per week is a tough task.

I have alot more to say about Kevin because I am sad as well but I am wondering Goggs are you on Facebook?

Jerry Wills who is Kevins co-producer is setting up a special broadcast for people to remember Kevin with. Let me know if you want the details.

I am on facebook but I never use it thesedays. PM me or email [email protected].

I knew Jerry would be doing something, he's been part of the show forever, being a guest, guest hosting, hosting. They were obviously great friends and I can't think of a better person to honour Kevin.

Sad news.
I used to listen in to his show and even called in once all the way from New Zealand.

I called in once too and Kevin was "from SCOTLAND, great!" The show was one about foo-fighters. Despite my moving away from being a listener, there were many, many great shows and Kevin turned me onto a lot of topics and researchers.

I'll have to listen to some Kevin Smith shows to honour him and take a trip down memory lane. I am sure Gene or Chris will be mentioning Kevin in an upcoming show.

I was a guest on his show few years ago and I was also a source of a Filipov story and video that I supplied to him. My request was only not to release the video and he always honour that.

Although, I did not agreed with every statement in the show, it is an important part of the UFO radio history. I subscribed today for a members area to preserve shows for the history, but it seems that entry is already closed. I did received login and password after paypal processing but they do not work.

Does anyone has member access to his site? I would like to preserve the shows for UFO history. Similar thing happened few years ago when Michael Cobrin died. Shows were soon lost on the internet side but luckily I did preserve them for the history and have them. So it is an important issue. If anyone has or knows anyone who is a member, please contact me. Send me a PM.

Thanks Ryan for the notice. Such a sad news :(

Jerry Wills seems to be trying to keep things going, and is posting on Facebook about it.
He refers to this link:

Jerry Wills. Ug. I remember Kevin and Jerry talking about he Jerry Wills
being from another star system and placed here on Earth on a farm as a child.
To be brought up by the couple that owned the farm. Still not sure how the
couple found him. Maybe they found him in the barn in a hay crib?

I remember listening to his show while working the night shift in like 2006 or 2007. I believe his was the first podcast I ever downloaded. I recall some highlights like the interview with the Stephenville Tx UFO witnesses and his interview with Edger Mitchell. It got me though many boring shifts . The open lines were awesome!

Eventually the way he set his podcasts up for downloading got a little too complicated and I could not afford a regular monthly sub. Although I did subscribe once in awhile.

I can't believe he's gone. :(

This was an update about Kevin Smith from Jerry Wills on FB this AM. August 19, 2013

Decker
-------------------------------------
Hi Folks... Kevin's children from Texas have taken possession of his remains and belongings. They have requested a private service for their father. I do not have any details of where he will be buried, nor any information about his funeral. If anything changes I will let you know.

Regarding his wife and son in Thailand; I have no new information. I know many of you have suggested taking a donation for them. I suggest you stand-by. So far as I know no one has been able to reach them. As mentioned, I'll relate any new info when it becomes available.

Sorry I don't have much to tell you but I suppose telling you something is better than remaining silent and leaving you all wondering what's happening. I'm confident you understand.

Jer

Kevin's Obit is here.
His current wife in Thailand is not mentioned for whatever.
I never knew he was also a Pastor of several Churches.

Back