• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Rendlesham, should I go?

I'd suggest the paranoia that exists around the public's lack of control represents a good portion of the mythos developed around these narratives.

The vacuum of ignorance must be filled with something. Fear of the unknown triggering the manufacture of imaginative explanatory stories is the origin of superstition and the like. In the modern world the Internet provides a place for these stories to take up permanent residence and cross pollinate. Ideas and opinions that would have just a few years ago been consigned to low grade publications with very limited subscriptions now have a virtually unlimited international audience and eternal life. I think there is a effort to fill the vacuum of the unknown, in particular the unknown in Unknown Flying Object, with something and there are plenty of people (consciously or unconsciously) willing to supply a placeholder. This undoubtedly is a major obstacle in the effort to understand the anomalous experiences people do have.

I only minored in pseudo-science but time travel seems to be a practical impossibility due to the spacial displacement problem. If by some incredible super-science you were to discover how to travel backwards in time (we already know how to travel into the future of course) and moved backwards only a few hours you would (theoretically) wind up in the empty space where the earth was at that time. A time travel machine would have to simultaneously be a space travel machine with an incredibly sophisticated navigation scheme and an unlimited supply of power. Like a flying saucer for example. [cough, cough] Never mind.

I don't want to come across as being unreasonable, but in all fairness, what we believe is not possible today, maybe possible in the far future. I was initially too skeptical of the binary-code revelation, as others were, due to the length of time it took to be released, but train do think about this rationally for a minute, Jim has described getting the binary code download back in the year 1994- when he touched the Triangle craft's glyph's- symbols! Therefore, how could anyone then claim here he is lying about this episode, if he mentioned it then, one whole year after retiring from military service! Hopefully you see my point here? There is know reason for me to suspect the binary-code was a fake memory put there by the AFOSI., I tell you why that is.

Jim his interrogation took place around two to three weeks later after his encounter with the objects in the forest of Rendlesam. The AFOSI never knew he had this notebook, with all the drawings, and binary-code stuff in it, so obviously what in this notebook, has not been introduced into this story, from outside forces other human being's.

We should be skeptical of any UFO case, but the binary code, is not something that has been added to the story later. People are making statements without looking at the facts of the case. This incident is one most documented UFO events ever, we can view online, some of the sworn statements given by those servicemen to their superiors in higher command, detailing what happened to them at the time. Many Files have been released over the years by the UK (MOD) and many of these files have confirmed this UFO incident indeed occurred. Six men who witnessed this have spoken out numerous times and at different venues, well am are we now going to claim now all six men are lying to us? There is probably another twenty servicemen who saw something back then, who today for whatever reason wish to remain silent about it. But of today has anyone heard a dissident voice among any of those who had been stationed at Bentwater's at the time of the incident?

Everyone reading this ask yourself this. What business would there have been for the Deputy Base Commander of an United States Air Force/ Nuclear base to have gone and entered the forest of Rendlesam, in the very late hours of the night, of the 26th and 27th of December? Did he fancy hunting at bit of Rabbit to eat? This base isn't and wasn't a child's playground, its a nuclear base who mission was to protect Britain from attack by the Soviet Union, serious people with serious careers. Frankly I think it's insulting that this men have been left to defend themselves on their own, with know help whatsoever from the government they'd sworn to protect in the past. Don't forget also, we have the Halt-Audio tape- physical evidence which has recorded some of the events, as it happened back then.

To end this long post. I'm not claiming the incident was definitely "Time Travelers" from the future, it not my claim too make, it was Jim and John, who'd have the believe it could be. But we should be open minded to all avenues of investigation, shouldn't we?

However look, Rendlesam is only one experience out of hundreds, even if this event, was preplanned by "TIME Travelers" this incident doesn't mean all other UFO sightings can be explained like this one. I personally find the Time Traveler angle very compelling as the phenomenon is experienced here nowhere else. People have been reporting seeing disc or similar shaped like objects for centuries at least, with very little radical change in the design.

Celt-Norse-Greek mythologies and folklore seemed to be centered around human looking people with strange powers, and having the ability to fly in the sky- what about people who've experiencing missing time or a slow down of time and such.We can't even rule out the possibility us from the future seeded us in the past, wacky as that sounds- high strangeness lol. Humans from the future 50,000 years ahead could have mastered genetics and cloning, even the beings people are seeing in genuine abduction experiences, may not even be alien, but a cybernetic life-form a machine something else? There is so my possibilities here, look how far we have come in less than a century, what would human technology, be like 5O thousand years from now? The Time Traveler Hypothesis for me Train is equally as strong as the alien one to explain the UFO experience, my belief.

Therefore, how could anyone then claim here he is lying about this episode, if he mentioned it then, one whole year after retiring from military service! Hopefully you see my point here? There is know reason for me to suspect the binary-code was a fake memory put there by the AFOSI., I tell you why that is.

I don't think he is lying. I don't think any of these guys are consciously lying about what happened to them. However, as J.P. has pointed out, some of his memories, in particular the location, was incorrect. It seems clear from their own testimony that they know their minds were messed with by something in the woods and by the military itself. To me, its an all bets are off situation. You can't tell up from down with any certainty.

The business of the code is truly strange, but the most probable explanation for it isn't time travelers from 40K in the future. It doesn't reasonably explain anything about what allegedly happened but I understand that is the impression they came away with.

Time travel may be possible but would such a device from 40K years in the future utilize ASCI and be set to broadcast cryptic English messages directly into the nervous systems human beings that touch it? It would be like discovering a section of code containing cuneiform deep inside Windows 7. An easter-egg from software engineers in the far future? It seems unlikely.

They need to make the remainder of the code public. When they do I'm sure some folks are going to go to those places if at all possible and check them out. If they are all known to contain some oddity then it won't really mean that much. However, if one or more of the locations turns up something previously undiscovered it would really be something wouldn't it?

I don't think he is lying. I don't think any of these guys are consciously lying about what happened to them. However, as J.P. has pointed out, some of his memories, in particular the location, was incorrect. It seems clear from their own testimony that they know their minds were messed with by something in the woods and by the military itself. To me, its an all bets are off situation. You can't tell up from down with any certainty.

The business of the code is truly strange, but the most probable explanation for it isn't time travelers from 40K in the future. It doesn't reasonably explain anything about what allegedly happened but I understand that is the impression they came away with.

Time travel may be possible but would such a device from 40K years in the future utilize ASCI and be set to broadcast cryptic English messages directly into the nervous systems human beings that touch it? It would be like discovering a section of code containing cuneiform deep inside Windows 7. An easter-egg from software engineers in the far future? It seems unlikely.

They need to make the remainder of the code public. When they do I'm sure some folks are going to go to those places if at all possible and check them out. If they are all known to contain some oddity then it won't really mean that much. However, if one or more of the locations turns up something previously undiscovered it would really be something wouldn't it?

Well the notebook is the Key Train, everything that happened to him is recorded in that notebook, an outline of the craft binary-code the symbols and so on. Without him having the notebook for reference, i would agree with you., couldn't trust his memories.

You don't want to make the message too complicated, but who knows i can only go on what Jim is telling us.

That is what I hoping these six locations show something, doubters will out in force if they don't, it be interesting when the locations do get released.

I knew nothing about the binary code stuff. To be honest, it bothers me. Significantly. Why release something this profound 30+ years later? I really hope he didn't have an actual event and then decided to keep adding to the story because he likes the limelight. Kind of like a replicant of the one armed Swede.

BTW, I will upload some pics over the weekend.

Ron, wondering if you noticed the "strange vibes" for which the area is so well known?

I knew nothing about the binary code stuff. To be honest, it bothers me. Significantly. Why release something this profound 30+ years later? I really hope he didn't have an actual event and then decided to keep adding to the story because he likes the limelight. Kind of like a replicant of the one armed Swede.

BTW, I will upload some pics over the weekend.

Well, Penniston said from the outset that his mind had been "meddled with" by someone or something. So I don't see him as necessarily non-credible if the code turns out to be pure hoke. And I frankly think it will. I have a feeling that when the dust settles around this binary code thing, we will be scratching out heads and wondering why he has discredited himself--which is not atypical of the history of credible up-close witnesses and this phenomenon. Of course, I would like to be wrong here.

It is highly suspicious (not to mention incredibly unlikely). But binary silliness aside, unlike the one armed bandit we're not going on the word of a single man with no evidence beyond obviously fraudulent photographs. If false it damages the case but doesn't destroy it. If true... well, it just got 1000% weirder.

It is highly suspicious (not to mention incredibly unlikely). But binary silliness aside, unlike the one armed bandit we're not going on the word of a single man with no evidence beyond obviously fraudulent photographs. If false it damages the case but doesn't destroy it. If true... well, it just got 1000% weirder.

Agreed. I think something very odd happened there. If Penniston turns out to be adding to the story then that would only discredit his portion of the story. The part of the story I find equally as introducing is the Halt and troops following something through the trees.

I am 100% certain that you could not see the light from the lighthouse through the trees. It is just too dense. Which, is also odd because the thing they saw had to be pretty small in order to maneuver through the trees.

My wife and I agreed that it could be perhaps no taller than about 5 feet and no wider than about 3 or 4 feet. Otherwise it would have caused significant damage to the trees there. Even at those dimensions it would have broken some limbs and disturbed underbrush. On the plus side it would have been a very noticeable trail to follow.

I am also certain that without spell check I am a horrible writer. I reread some of my posts and man were they bad. I Need to work on that. :)

I was born near there and have been in those woods so many times that its worth going just for a nice walk so its difinetly worth going to have that extra connection of the event that happened ,you only live once!

I am in England for a couple of weeks seeing my wifes family. We are staying about an hour or so from Rendlesham. So, should I go out there? Is there anyting to see? Has anyone else walked in the woods or looked out onto the same field that Col. Halt reported the object over? Has anyone seen the lighthouse? Is it worth going?

Thanks for any input!
Hi mate.The more pertinent question is why wouldn't you go?Also gives you a reason to bail on the outlaws' for a bit:redface:

Back