• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Rendlesham, should I go?

Ron Collins

Curiously Confused
I am in England for a couple of weeks seeing my wifes family. We are staying about an hour or so from Rendlesham. So, should I go out there? Is there anyting to see? Has anyone else walked in the woods or looked out onto the same field that Col. Halt reported the object over? Has anyone seen the lighthouse? Is it worth going?

Thanks for any input!

Seems like I read the light house is no longer there, but that could be a total brain fart. Kind of like the light house "explanation" but anyway it seems like an interesting place to walk around and check out. I'm pretty sure I read the relevant part of the forest was cut down at some point following the famous events.

Have a great trip! I'd love to visit England.

It's always worth going even if for nothing more than than to say you were there.

I gotta agree with ya there. If you're close by, you might as well do it. Never know when/if you're gonna get back again.

I know I'm not the only one that stood on a corner in Winslow Arizona just to say that they did it.

Here's a better question: Why would you NOT go? So you could have a chance to get home and spend the rest of your life thinking "You know, I was right there... I probably should have gone."?

Go man, GO!

Here's a better question: Why would you NOT go? So you could have a chance to get home and spend the rest of your life thinking "You know, I was right there... I probably should have gone."?

Go man, GO!

QFT......

Go, you wont regret going, but you may regret not going later

Every time I pass through Roswell, I expect to find no physical trace of what happened there. But I still get a feel for the history of it.

Why not go? Seems like I read somewhere that some kind of marked trail area has been established for visitors. (Don't take my word for it.) The British love their history, and Rendlesham is certainly a part of it.

Definitely go Ron. I love to walk to those woods, check it out, you never know what could happen lol. Know in all serious, might not get the chance again, and one hour from your wifes family place, is not that long of a journey.

I know I'm not the only one that stood on a corner in Winslow Arizona just to say that they did it.

I even had a t-shirt. :)

As for England? Yes. Matter of fact my heritage is Celtic so I would love to go anywhere in England or Ireland. But, yeah I'd go and walk around. You never know what you might see.

Dear Ron I think you should go it is in a very beautifull area, steeped in history and mystery.
If you would like any travel information etc pm me, as I live in England.(our public transport system is deliberatley confusing)
Wishing you a great trip all the best Harry

As much as you've heard, read, seen about Rendlesham I don't think it will compare with actually having walked the grounds where this stuff went down. Perhaps it will give you a different perspective that can only be obtained by seeing it for yourself.

You simply have to go. And then you need to report all your findings to us here, ... get a move on! Have a great trip.

I am glad to report that I am headed there in the morning. My very very very patient and indulgent wife has agreed to go to both the forest and the lighthouse. I should mention that there are also 2 castles in the area. Orford Castle and Framlingham Castle. Also, the light house is still there. It is called the Orford Ness Lighthouse. Hopefully I will have a few pictures to share when I get home.

I am very glad we went. However, you can't get to the lighthouse unless you take a ferry over. We didn't get there in time. We did take a walk through the woods and I have a bunch of pictures. I will post them when I get home late next week.

However, the one thing I would have to say is that at about 50 to 75 feet from the field there is absolutely no way to see the light from a lighthouse. Especially considering how far away the lighthouse is, the topography of the area, and the dense trees. The one thing about the lighthouse theory that gets overlooked is that the forrest is predominently evergreen trees and the underbrush is literally 3 or 4 feet tall. I have a picture of my son standing in the underbrush and it is almost as tall as he is.

I came away with a definate opinion. Either Halt and Penniston et al are desribing exactly the events that occurred or they are liars. I can not concieve of a 3rd alternative.

Anyway, I will post more upon my return.

I am very glad we went. However, you can't get to the lighthouse unless you take a ferry over. We didn't get there in time. We did take a walk through the woods and I have a bunch of pictures. I will post them when I get home late next week.

However, the one thing I would have to say is that at about 50 to 75 feet from the field there is absolutely no way to see the light from a lighthouse. Especially considering how far away the lighthouse is, the topography of the area, and the dense trees. The one thing about the lighthouse theory that gets overlooked is that the forrest is predominently evergreen trees and the underbrush is literally 3 or 4 feet tall. I have a picture of my son standing in the underbrush and it is almost as tall as he is.

I came away with a definate opinion. Either Halt and Penniston et al are desribing exactly the events that occurred or they are liars. I can not concieve of a 3rd alternative.

Anyway, I will post more upon my return.

Very interesting!

Back