• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

‘Remote viewers’ in Nevada help solve California murder

I think I understand what you getting at Phil. I would agree that this is a natural occurring phenomena that is obviously not understood in any real way even by those who experience or make use of it. It is what you believe it to be? Is it a subconscious mental process making connections behind the scenes? Is it something some folks have and other don't? I can't tell.
I think you have that pretty well right. As i said before the answer is very elusive.:)

For example, when a friend or partner is having an emotional event, whether that emotion is sadness, anger or elation. What are we picking up from them? For sure body language and facial expressions are clear give aways, but what else are you getting? Do you ever "feel" their angst or anger as well? Especially if that person isn't particularly animated about whatever they are going through.

The controversial mirror neurons come to mind. I'm all for the notion that everything is connected to everything else at a very fundamental level as in Bill Gaede's theory. Does this allow for the access of real information between brains or whatever? I don't know.

Sometimes I feel like I have to walk around on eggshells with these topics or else I'll be accused of being close minded and a coward. Phil, I don't see any reason to believe that anyone can predict the future or clearly see something in another part of the world. There have been experiments on the subject and there have been interesting results. I acknowledge that. I have never denied that fact. However, you and SRL are trying to paint me as some sort of person that will not listen to reason. I have a hard time accepting something until there is concrete proof. Right now, I don't see any concrete proof. SRL, you're frustrated that I didn't listen to the Skeptico link you provided, but to say I don't know anything about Bem's work is just wrong. I've tried listening to Skeptico, but the host seems to have some sort of Skeptic vs Believer agenda that I can't stomach. He's moving nothing forward.

Phil, you say you make no claims, yet you say you are a psychic that has a 50 - 80% accuracy rate. What exactly do you do?

My interest lies in possible origins of consciousness, which in turn may speak to possible PSI ability, which once again may speak to Aerial Anomalies, and the Paranormal. Skeptiko while leaning toward a spiritual mindset, brings some highly credentialed researchers engaged in deep critical to the table, especially in PSI.
Wanting to hear the thoughts of Chris Aubeck I listened to the Kate Valentine Show, not that I enjoy her voice, but wanted to hear what Mr. Aubeck had to say. So Angelo, when you say that you cannot stomach the host or the possible agenda of the show, it just doesn't do it for me.
Once again Angelo, my frustration is born out of what I stated earlier, that you cited something that was apparently written in 2010. In respect to my offering, you could have said, I'll check this out and get back to you. Then if you were to say Dr. Bem sucks, I'd accept that. This is not to say that I don't appreciate these comments of yours, but I just think that you don't play a very good victim here. And just for the record I never said or implied that you knew nothing about Dr. Bem or any other researcher for that matter.

My interest lies in possible origins of consciousness, which in turn may speak to possible PSI ability, which once again may speak to Aerial Anomalies, and the Paranormal.

I definitely think all of those things are related. In short, I think that we are incapable of accessing the larger physical universe unrepresentable by the 3D virtual reality interface that is our consciousness. All manner of things might exist in that very real world that cannot be experienced or measured by our senses or instruments. Intrusions into our consciousness from this realm might be rendered in all sorts of bizarre ways by the mind itself attempting to cope with the out of spec input.

The mind creates all that we experience. To look beyond our own consciousness and see these outer realms has been the yearning of mystics through the ages. We make instruments to map things outside our range of perception into it, however we are restricted by the model of 3D reality our mind is capable of creating.

I'll just leave it with the thought that while many things are possible only a few things are probable. Shaking all that out is the game.

You most certainly seem to be seemingly certain. By chance are you a materialist?

Ha, ha. Yes, well I guess I do feel pretty certain that our consciousness is an emerging quality of processes encompassing the entirety of the human body. Having said that I have to recognize that the very design of the brain/mind system that takes in information from the outside world renders it in the form of consciousness which is completely isolated from that outside world. Therefore we have never experienced the true nature of the world outside of our consciousness. The world we interact with is actually ourselves, our very consciousness portraying the world to us. We are that. I say all that to answer the question. Are you a materialist? I would say yes, but I do not know what the material world is actually like nor what it is actually composed of. I see things a bit reversed. The material world has all the components of what people often refer to as the spirit world. It is invisible, taking on color and shape only in our minds. It is intangible, composed of mostly space, forces, and matter in indeterminate positions. You get the idea.

I would probably be labeled a scientific materialist with the sentimentality of a former mystic.

What is the origin of consciousness? The Earth or what we perceive of as the Earth. The processes active on the Earth have produced consciousness. I don't think that it should necessarily be considered the pentacle of evolution as much as a by-product. In either case it is a pretty amazing development to be sure.

Careful not to fall off that pedestal when you step down. Look, you can call me closed minded all you want, but if remote viewing were real, someone would be making money off of it to find oil deposits.
It's complete BS and this article is just a fluff piece on a slow news day. You can talk all you want about being open minded, but this stuff is proven garbage.

Here's 26 pages which places the bull directly on your doorstep. Careful, don't step in it. :p

Remote Viewing | The Paracast Community Forums

S.R.L. Great post mate. You have to remember that these guys don't get out. Well at least much past their keyboards and mouse. As soon as someone starts saying that they think psychics or RV is real they become "credulous" or simply "noticing coincidences" or cheering for your "team". If you asked them if they have gone out and visited a psychic they would say no. There is always an excuse.
I am quite okay for people being genuinely sceptical about those topics and wanting to see more evidence before committing to any opinion for or against. It's just the disingenuous way they sometimes treat people who have differing opinions or believe that the phenomena exists.

Here. Here. As a Practicing RV, I get tired of the lamebrains who are unable to perform the simplest effort to verify the art and science of RV.

Well, there's a million dollars waiting for them at the JREF if they can repeat what they claim.

No one has ever been able to actually prove this though.

GO to 9:20 to see the part about remote viewing. Watch the rest of it if you want to see how ALL psychics are B.S. Well not all - the ones that admit that it's all a trick are at least honest with people.

Only idiots quote Randi.

The overall results now provide unambiguous evidence for an independently repeatable RV and ESP effect. This indicates that traditional cognitive and neuroscience models, which are largely based on classical physical concepts, are incomplete. We speculate that more comprehensive models will require new principles based on a more comprehensive physics. The current candidate is quantum mechanics.

If you can't live without "Jewish Physics" then you will remain in the century they were invented.

The full paper is available at the online journal NeuroQuantology.

While I agree that only the most closed minded can honestly doubt the reality of PSI beyond the materilist dogma. I don't know what you mean by:
If you can't live without "Jewish Physics
:eek:
?
:confused:

Remote viewing? You can't remote view something that hasn't happened yet. You can't remote view something that has already happened. This isn't a likely reality.

Remote viewing? You can't remote view something that hasn't happened yet. You can't remote view something that has already happened. This isn't a likely reality.

Sorry to pull the quantum physics weirdness card because it is used to falsely explain so many things. But--results of repeatable experiments really have become stranger than human reality.
So yep, the universe is certifiably weird.

I haven't read all posts...

The Stargate program might have served a dual purpose--that it was a front for a 'real' program--so that it could be dropped and dismissed after the planners had gotten all they could get from it.

I haven't read all posts...

The Stargate program might have served a dual purpose--that it was a front for a 'real' program--so that it could be dropped and dismissed after the planners had gotten all they could get from it.

Imagine the value of having your enemies believe that you could see into the future, read their thoughts, see into their most secret installations and so forth.

Back