• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Philip J. Imbrogno withdrawing from paranormal research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that. The thing that caught my eye is at 3:00 minute mark- note the skull with green beret over his shoulder. The flash on the beret looks like 5th Group's from Vietnam but I can't be sure, the beret looks brand new like he bought it online. Very tacky with the skull, not typical of a quiet professional. I am going to send this to some associates to see if they know him. SF was a small community of people in Vietnam, especially those that served in Laos as he has claimed. That circle of people is still small today. If I'm wrong, I'll thank him as a fellow veteran and buy him a beer. If he's posing as SF, he is going to take more heat than making up his academic degrees.

Thanks for posting that. The thing that caught my eye is at 3:00 minute mark- note the skull with green beret over his shoulder. The flash on the beret looks like 5th Group's from Vietnam but I can't be sure, the beret looks brand new like he bought it online. Very tacky with the skull, not typical of a quiet professional. I am going to send this to some associates to see if they know him. SF was a small community of people in Vietnam, especially those that served in Laos as he has claimed. That circle of people is still small today. If I'm wrong, I'll thank him as a fellow veteran and buy him a beer. If he's posing as SF, he is going to take more heat than making up his academic degrees.

For his sake I really really hope he is not making that up. Stolen Valor is as abhorrent and dirty a thing as there is. But, pretending to be a special forces soldier is, well dangerous. And thats not lip service.

Well, here's the solution to the lack of a degree.

I just got this letter:

Now you won't have to pass any tests or exams to receive your diploma.

Call us now [number deleted]!

So there you go. :D

Fortunate for me I didn't factor credentials (faked or otherwise) in my evaluation any of Imbrogno's claims, opinions or research. I found his research work and views interesting enough to consider and integrate in areas which are coincidental in my own studies.

Those who focus on credentials and easy paths to discredit others (who may let their vanity run away from their own reason) have a disease of the mind: it is much easier to discredit a "faker" than it is to confront the possibility of some event emanating from a non-human awareness.

Point of order: If someone is willing to fake their educational credentials, it means they are lying. If they lie about that, doesn't it follow they might lie about other aspects of their work? Maybe there's a lot of valid work there, but how do you separate the signal from the noise?

Gene,

Of course--but I wouldn't accept any claim on their word alone.

"Trust, but verify..."

Some of Imbrogno's research on the djinn I found extremely fascinating, if only because I happen to have ties with individuals and family who believe in them and have told many stories. I don't have to agree with everything he claims or represents, but I use my own understanding and background of a subject to "filter" what I consider to be bogus from what is credible.

Everyone does (I hope).

A little confession: I approach every claim as if the claimant may be lying.

Academic dishonesty is one thing, I will leave that to others on this board.

Military posing, especially among special operations forces is reprehensible.

Military Posers- The military poser typically exposes himself by making outlandish claims which cannot be backed up- "I served was a SEAL, I was SF, Ranger, whatever". In order to serve their own need for admiration, they choose a career path that will resonate with the general populace. Nobody ever makes the claim of being a cook or mechanic- and that is where they fail. Any veteran is proud of his or her service regardless of what they did and well they should be. I am humbled to meet all fellow veterans regardless of rank, skill or service- the cook, the mechanic, the clerk, the SEAL, the Ranger...it is all good. All veterans have taken the path of stepping outside their own daily life to serve something bigger than themselves. The poser makes the claim that will get him attention at the bar, at the conference and on television. The poser doesn't realize that as he climbs the ladder of more elite status, he naturally joins a much smaller pool of people that can check out who he is.

Why is posing reprehensible ? To lie about academic credentials will barely register a blip on the screen of the average school and its graduates. To lie about service in a military unit, especially one that endured heavy casualties in Vietnam, is taking it a step further. Further drilling down is a smaller contingent that operated in Laos. Men who served, bled and in many cases died in service to their country. I have circulated this story among the community and rest assured that many retired and active duty SOF are taking a look at this. His story of meeting the Saudi royal family and travelling on private jets, meeting some ex-team member of his to get into the country just snapped it for me.

I'm no hero. I served in Regimental S-2, 75th Ranger Regiment from 1985-1987. I can provide a list of the officers and NCO's that I served with that will attest to my service. I can provide pictures of me in the Regiment's compound, my room, parking lot, jumping out of planes, on deployment, whatever you want. I have copies of my orders assigning me to the unit, my meal cards, my clearance papers etc. I'm a married dad with 3 small kids living a middle class life. I link up with some Ranger buddies a couple of times a year, drink some beers and tell stories. That is the exent of my military life.

I ask the same of Mr. Imbrogno- extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. Spare me the "it was classifed" stories, it "was above top secret" stories, just fess up and admit you are lying.

If you are not, please send me message and I'll be sure to provide the name and address for a lawsuit for defamation. I'll drink a beer and we'll toast the Army.

Shit bag.

Clock is running..tick tock..tick tock...please Phil, provide us with your class number in Airborne School....your Q Course number...how 'bout the name of your tac's ? Where did you do basic ? AIT? Sorry, I forgot it was Top Secret. Admit your sins, admit you are full of shit and make a donation to SOF veterans charities. I can provide a list. Or, be a lying cunt.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Tick tock, tick tock, Come on Phil, the clock is running. Admit your sins. The heat is coming right now, isn't it ? Like a summer morning at Mother Benning ? Please describe your experiences in basic, your supposed AIT and Airborne School. Tell me what it's like to jump out of plane you fucking bitch...I did it 34 times and would love to hear your input. You didn't quit because of the academic discrepancies, you quit because of the SOF related hammer that is about to drop on your sorry ass. Tick Tock, Tick Tock..admit your sins and donate money to http://www.specialops.org/ ...beg forgiveness from those who's valor you have stolen. You are a little cunt and have a small window to redeem yourself.

Clock is running..tick tock..tick tock...please Phil...You are a little cunt and have a small window to redeem yourself.
Yo' PP, THAT ain't cool! I can appreciate where you're coming from but pls take a deep breath and come back later and re-frame your comments w/o the vitriol.
Thanx
The Moderators

Hi all,

also a "newbie" forumer but a long time listener to the paracast, I have followed this thread with great interest since I learned in listening to the last paracast episode that there were some problems with Philip Imbrogno's claims about his educational degrees.

I was quite shook up to learn from the last posts here that he'd apparently faked it all and repeatedly lied about it. When I listened to his interviews, he made me the impression of a quite reasonnable and interesting person that I was happy to see in the field due to his credentials, though I didn't know exactly what to think about his "theories". But now it seems that the BS that has constantly plagued ufology never ends and that another "great guy" from the field turns out to be just another fraud (though it seems that there are still quite a few around when I listen to radio shows but I surely didn't expect him to be one of them). That's again a very sad day for ufology (and for him)...

I do not know what are the odds that this could be wrong, but I believe no reliable answer from his part on this issue and a quick, most discrete and definitive withdrawing from the field speeks volume...

Of the last two books from him I just decided recently to buy, I believe one will directly end up on the science fiction bookshelf of a store, but I'd still read the one coauthored with R. Guiley though it does'nt seem very impressive after a quick glance : much of religion history and quotes from the Coran...

Clock is running..tick tock..tick tock...please Phil, provide us with your class number in Airborne School....your Q Course number...how 'bout the name of your tac's ? Where did you do basic ? AIT? Sorry, I forgot it was Top Secret. Admit your sins, admit you are full of shit and make a donation to SOF veterans charities. I can provide a list. Or, be a lying cunt.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Tick tock, tick tock, Come on Phil, the clock is running. Admit your sins. The heat is coming right now, isn't it ? Like a summer morning at Mother Benning ? Please describe your experiences in basic, your supposed AIT and Airborne School. Tell me what it's like to jump out of plane you fucking bitch...I did it 34 times and would love to hear your input. You didn't quit because of the academic discrepancies, you quit because of the SOF related hammer that is about to drop on your sorry ass. Tick Tock, Tick Tock..admit your sins and donate money to http://www.specialops.org/ ...beg forgiveness from those who's valor you have stolen. You are a little cunt and have a small window to redeem yourself.

Ooh, 'e's 'ard :rolleyes:

but I'd still read the one coauthored with R. Guiley though it does'nt seem very impressive after a quick glance : much of religion history and quotes from the Coran...

I bought that one. You are correct in your assessment of it.

It is now official, UT does not have a record for Philip J. Imbrogno. Neither does Boston College or MIT. I have also submitted an SF-180 for Philip J Imbrogno. (Military Personnel Records, SF-180) i will post the results when I get it.

There is a Philip J Imbrogno that attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I am still getting information about that individual to see if it is our man or not. I will, as usual, keep posting results.

This just gets worse and worse. I have thought about my reaction. I was kind of taken aback by what I feel/felt was the "blood in the water" approach. But, when I step back and read the post here I have to drop my "pollyanna" attitude on this one. Yes, everybody makes mistakes and no he didn't kill anybody. But, many people bought his books and I bought one myself. The worse part is the stolen valor. Matter of fact I could eventually forgive the degree thing, although I don't think I could ever trust anything else he ever says. But, not only has he lied but he has not had the "balls" to address it publicly like a man. I don't want to hear a false "apology" but come on a show and take calls. Man up!

But, not only has he lied but he has not had the "balls" to address it publicly like a man. I don't want to hear a false "apology" but come on a show and take calls. Man up!

Tyder, ain't gonna happen. Speaking to several people that know him fairly well, I was told he will run away, hide, and wait it out .. even possibly move. Like I mentioned in a post a day or so ago, there is more likely to come out. This involves what appears to be massive plagiarism that was just discovered in one of his up and coming new books. More later.

Decker

It is now official, UT does not have a record for Philip J. Imbrogno. Neither does Boston College or MIT. I have also submitted an SF-180 for Philip J Imbrogno. (Military Personnel Records, SF-180) i will post the results when I get it.

There is a Philip J Imbrogno that attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I am still getting information about that individual to see if it is our man or not. I will, as usual, keep posting results.

Not sure you're aware of it, but requests going through St. Louis can take scads of time. I know, I've submitted requests there in the past. In addition, a fire in 1973 allows them to drag their heals and sometimes, outright ignore looking for older records which in many cases were destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back