• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paul Kimball's an…

toxicsurf

Skilled Investigator
I don't really understand his growing disdain for all things within ufo studies, well maybe I do to some extent. But his personal attacks are indicative of an angry toddler that doesn't get his way and thinks the world should revolve around him. I won't repeat his latest crap, but just had to say something...

Ugh, I know better than to post rants from my cell phone while laying in bed falling asleep. Complaining about personal attacks while making one...

I think Kimball's personal style can come across as a bit blunt and authoritative. But he's also knowledgeable and articulate. My take anyway.....

Coming across this thread reminded me to go look at Kimball's blog again. I like Paul Kimball. He is my replacement David Biedny. It's that kind of informed yet skeptical fascination that got me interested in The Field (thank you, The Paracast). Also, where Kimball is pointing out the less than complimentary ways in which the outside world might view certain people and events, I'm afraid he's pretty much right -- speaking as someone with one toe in the water.

Yep. Some talented people suffer from a tendency to take themselves way too seriously. Fans will tolerate it. But only up to a certain point.

There's a lot more to it than that with Lance. He was trying to do something that wasn't obvious to most of you, and I'd rather not discuss it publicly, so let's leave it at that.

As far as I know Gene drives a Mercedes still, why harp on that.'Rental, bought', who gives a crap really, I have more important things to do than judge someone else on here, and I mean that.

Digital entertainment personalities and real life, along with all the many narratives inbetween, always intersect along lines of judgment - a waste of time. Best to stick to talking about UFO's as inter dimensional beings if you're looking for answers to anything.

Banning and censorship, email diatribes and flames? Are these buffer zones for the perpetuation of the medium, perhaps. But when you look at the history of the field there has always been personality conflicts, secret histories and fake Sasquatch frozen in ice. Like the mummified alien in the back room that you can see for $45 it's an avoidable byproduct of living.

Paul needs to grow up. He's done a lot of good work, but he's been acting like a spoiled teenager.

I'll have to sit back and chill for a while at this point, allowing last year's "letter of confidence, betrayal", in light of Kimball's other prior contributions (IMO, of extreme significance) to the UFO community, to be hopefully overshadowed via the excellence of the later. One is left scratching their head as if a confusion bomb went off in the immediate proximity of Randle, Kimball, O'Brien, and a few select others that I don't know but would imagine were involved. Because of the fact that a very real core of hard working UFO researchers presently includes all three of these noteworthy gentlemen, these are the types of emotion driven events in ufo sociology that are responsible for a needless clouding of the ufo holy waters. :confused:

If there is one thing that those with a serious interest in UFOs need to secretly do, it's to encourage others around us to keep the faith by pointing to that which has been illuminated via substantiation, establish the truth, or elucidate the context of that which insists on speculatively hypothetical in the midst of doubts transition.

One is left scratching their head as if a confusion bomb went off in the immediate proximity of Randle, Kimball, O'Brien, and a few select others that I don't know but would imagine were involved... :confused:
O'Brien?! Huh? I have nothing to do whatsoever with the so-called "Roswell slides" allegedly found in an attic in Sedona. Either did Kevin as far as I can determine. Whatever—I play no role in this scenario—I'm just a bemused bystander, like you.

O'Brien?! Huh? I have nothing to do whatsoever with the so-called "Roswell slides" allegedly found in an attic in Sedona. Either did Kevin as far as I can determine. Whatever—I play no role in this scenario—I'm just a bemused bystander, like you.

I've seen one or two references here to these Roswell slides and some kind of set-to among ufo internet spokespersons but I have no sense of what happened and when. Can you link me to a thread, here perhaps, where this is discussed in detail?

Back