• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama Birth Certificate

Sometimes you just have to take the politically correct blinders off and see things for what they are.

Are you serious? This has nothing to do with political correctness -it's about facts. FACT: whether you like him or not, Obama was born in the USA. That's it.

Are you serious? This has nothing to do with political correctness -it's about facts. FACT: whether you like him or not, Obama was born in the USA. That's it.

I am not questioning where Obama was born. It has been stated in this thread that Obama is the only person who sought the presidency to have his citizenship questioned. This simply is not true. To keep repeating that this has never happened to anyone else and is only happening to Obama now because he is black is the very height of political correctness.

I am not questioning where Obama was born. It has been stated in this thread that Obama is the only person who sought the presidency to have his citizenship questioned. This simply not true. To keep repeating that this has never happened to anyone else and is only happening to Obama now because he is black is the very height of political correctness.

The real point is that his birth status seems to have generated much, much more coverage and skepticism. That is the issue.

He speaks like an American, his mother was an American white women, like who cares really? His four year term is nearly up, also he lived in Hawaii as a young boy, so why would people doubt he was born there?

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

I am not questioning where Obama was born. It has been stated in this thread that Obama is the only person who sought the presidency to have his citizenship questioned. This simply is not true. To keep repeating that this has never happened to anyone else and is only happening to Obama now because he is black is the very height of political correctness.

George Bush jr skipped the Vietnam draft, yet republicans view him as some great military leader.

As an American I can tell you Bill Clinton was not really the first "black" president. :p He was endlessly caracatured. Jimmy Carter was savaged because of the attack of the "Bunny Rabbit" and most of you are to young to remember that one. "w" was president when a "play" was being put on about assasanting him. Look! I supported Obama! I am disapointed in Obama especially because of the wars. I am not racist. Some folks are not grown up enough yet to just look at people as people. So, the ole race card gets played. It's crap and it's wrong. Are people racist? Yes. Should that invalidate the right as an American to be critical of our leaders? Hell NO! To the Americans I say "We all have the right to say what we want to say about our leadership without others calling us racist." To the Canadians I say "I honestly respect and even admire Canada. But, mind your own damn business!" :rolleyes: I've had family spill blood for my right to say Fuck Obama if I want to. Or I love Obama if I want to. Race is a refuge that a sitting president can't afford to hide behind. AT least the nation can't. Are there people who hate Obama because he's half black? Yeah. Are there people who love Obama because they consider him to be black? Yeah. I've known both extremes. But, in the end he is the president and I will support that. But, please leave the "they are all just racist" type junk out of it. Conservatives will Always attack a liberal president. Liberals will always attack a conservative president. The nation is ill served by either extreme.

Trivia: Jimmy Carter's a distant, distant relative to the famous musical Carter family (June Carter Cash, etc.).

Yes, demonize your opponent is one thing, but today, they challenge the opponent's legitimacy, and anything else they can challenge. I wonder why anyone is crazy enough to run for office these days. Maybe that's it! They are all crazy, because that's the crowd you attract because of the stiff requirements, and the requirement of a stiff spine to make it through the campaign. :D

I agree Gene. My problem is everybody is guilty. We can't afford to hate a man/woman because of race or gender or religion or none religion. We need to get out of people's bedrooms. If you favor abortion then nobody needs to get in your face. If you truly believe it's murder or against your religion then your tax dollars should not be supporting it. If gay folks want to marry (Lord, their really asking for it aren't they?) then they should be able to. If the church doens't want to reconize it then they don't have to. See? not even hard. If you love Obama then you should support him. If I don't then I should not be called a racist. By the way I think we get racism and prejudice confused alot these days. I see much prejudice among blacks toward hispanics/whites. Whites toward hispanic/blacks. Hispanics toward gringos/blacks. It goes on and on and it's sad. But, racism is more (imo) the hate or the obliteration or the attempt to obliterate another group of people. I would submit to you that "percentage" wise there are fewer racists than you think in the U.S. but more prejudice. Anyway, just my look at it. I could be wrong.

When I was a child growing up in Brooklyn, my mom, bless her soul, looked askance at me associating with a black person. Today it would never faze her, if she were still around to be fazed by anything. The world has changed, but not enough. Some people still believe we live in 1950s America, where people with different color skins knew their "place." But the people who believe that crap also forget that taxes, then, were much higher than they are now, yet a regular family with a single middle-class wage earner could afford a new car every few years, and the payments on a brand new house.

I think the younger generation is actually going to "fix" some of this stuff. They don't seem to carry the same baggage as their ancestors. :) However, as a Social worker who is around many young African American people I can tell you that the black culture is ill served by the system we have now. Also, the old liberal "turn a blind eye and don't speak up cause you'll be called racist" hasn't served the culture well either. I see more black on black and poor on poor of all colors crime than any other kind. To be honest if he would drop the "white devil" routine I think Louis Farrakan has some good points. He is for pulling your own community up by it's own bootstraps instead of waiting on somebody else to do it. But, the white devil thing kind of turns me off. Well, that and the Muslim racism that he seems fond of. But, the "do it yourself" talk needs to be heard.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Real quick point cause I don't want to be misunderstood. I didn't mean all Muslims are racist in the above post. I meant Louis Farrakan appears to be racist. That's to bad because I think he has some good ideas if he could just get past that.

Every religion has a group of offensive characters. Same for every non-religion and agnostic group. We just have to ignore them, and get on with our lives, so long as they're not in our faces.

Are you knocking Our Illustrious rose wearing PM?

I seem to live in the only sane province that didn't vote for the Conservative party. Not that the NDP is much better, they're a little too lefty for my taste in the economic sense. Socially, I'm as liberal as they come, economically, I'm a little smidgen left of center.

As for the Obama birth certificate, would people be questioning it if his father wasn't Kenyan? Nope. That is all.

As for the Obama birth certificate, would people be questioning it if his father wasn't Kenyan? Nope. That is all.

I 100% agree with you on this one. In the end, I think its some basic ignorance with some cultural racism mixed in that propelled this topic forward. A black man with a Muslim name and all the ignorant Americans just can't believe he could be president. "Theres no way he was born here! He is a manchurian candidate!"

Its even more extreme paranoia then when JFK was elected..."The Pope is going to control the government!"

And yes, I'm American. Happy 4th!

Guys: "We cannot have an American Pope, because the White House will control the Vatican!!" What was the lost third prophecy of Fatima? Maybe that was it...Dale

Guys: "We cannot have an American Pope, because the White House will control the Vatican!!" What was the lost third prophecy of Fatima? Maybe that was it...Dale

Actually, the lost prophecy of Fatima was never lost Last Secret of Fatima Revealed

Many expected the third and final revelation to be momentous, perhaps even unveiling end-time events or the specifics of Jesus Christ’s return. The Associated Press reported that “Fatima fanatics have held hunger strikes — one even hijacked a plane — to try to coerce the Vatican to disclose the secret.” In the conclusion, however, the last prophecy said nothing as to the end of the world or the Second Coming. The secret only professed to disclose an event which already happened nearly two decades ago.
According to Cardinal Angelo Sodano, the text of the Fatima secret “contains a prophetic vision similar to those found in sacred Scripture, which do not describe with photographic clarity the details of future events, but rather synthesize and condense against a unified background of events spread out over time in succession and a duration which are not specified. As a result, the text must be interpreted in a symbolic key.”
After establishing such clouded perimeters for understanding the prophecy, it was declared that the secret foretold the May 1981 assassination attempt against Pope John Paul II by a Turkish gunman at the Vatican. Sodano said the interpretation had been “confirmed” by Sister Lucia de Jesus dos Santos, now 93, who is the last of the Fatima visionaries living. The revelation was said to state, “the ‘bishop clothed in white’ ... makes his way with great effort toward the cross amid the corpses of those who were martyred (bishops, priests, men and women religious, and many lay persons), he too falls to the ground, apparently dead, under a burst of gunfire.”

Well, this has gone into silly land. I say again that the race card is played way to much in this nation. I understand that there are people who hate Obama because he is black or half black. I also understand that there are people who love Obama because he is black or half black. However, it does seem to this "left" leaning but not so far that my brains fall out person. That there is a real tendency to cry racism among "some" liberals everytime anybody opens their mouth to criticize this president. I'm sorry ladies and germs but this is the most powerful office in the western world, maybe in the whole world. So, I'm not giving him/her a free pass once elected. I know one or two folks who don't like Obama but guess what? They didn't like Clinton either. I also gave (which was ahem, ignored or missed?) :) Lets say missed. anyway, examples of other presidents including one that was a production of "w" getting assasanated. But, nobody defending Obama seemed to errr, "notice" it. Also, would some would some people who defend Obama really give a shit if his father (read sperm donor) wasn't Kenyan? I think not. Nuff said. See? anybody can play that silly game. I absolutely despised bush, rumsfield, cheney and the rest of that war mongering bunch. But, nobody seemed to ever call me or anybody else closed minded or racist for it. :) So, I'm gonna let it go because I'm sure there are so many "Open minded" folks on here that now consider me to be close minded. But, I will continue to roll my eyes when you bring out the silly little racist card and I will quote from one of my favorite movies. (bad paraphrase follows because it's been a long time since I saw it.) To all the people yelling racist and getting a thrill up their leg I say: I fart in your general direction. :p

Well, this has gone into silly land. I say again that the race card is played way to much in this nation. I understand that there are people who hate Obama because he is black or half black. I also understand that there are people who love Obama because he is black or half black. However, it does seem to this "left" leaning but not so far that my brains fall out person. That there is a real tendency to cry racism among "some" liberals everytime anybody opens their mouth to criticize this president. I'm sorry ladies and germs but this is the most powerful office in the western world, maybe in the whole world. So, I'm not giving him/her a free pass once elected. I know one or two folks who don't like Obama but guess what? They didn't like Clinton either. I also gave (which was ahem, ignored or missed?) :) Lets say missed. anyway, examples of other presidents including one that was a production of "w" getting assasanated. But, nobody defending Obama seemed to errr, "notice" it. Also, would some would some people who defend Obama really give a shit if his father (read sperm donor) wasn't Kenyan? I think not. Nuff said. See? anybody can play that silly game. I absolutely despised bush, rumsfield, cheney and the rest of that war mongering bunch. But, nobody seemed to ever call me or anybody else closed minded or racist for it. :) So, I'm gonna let it go because I'm sure there are so many "Open minded" folks on here that now consider me to be close minded. But, I will continue to roll my eyes when you bring out the silly little racist card and I will quote from one of my favorite movies. (bad paraphrase follows because it's been a long time since I saw it.) To all the people yelling racist and getting a thrill up their leg I say: I fart in your general direction. :p

No one asked Clinton to show his birth certificate - that's the issue here. Why are people so obsessed with his birth certificate?

I'm not obessed with the damn birth certificate. I'm an American and I'm upset that idiots want to make a setting president immune from any critiscm by using the race card. I'm upset with Chris Matthews who was once a very good journalist. With some of the talking heads I've seen lumping all critical comments about this prez with racism. I'm upset because every time I or anybody else points out facts (see my above points in all my post on this subject) somebody wants to keep harping on the birth certificate as if that were the only critism that anybody ever leveled against Obama. As for the birth certificate I and many other folks critical of the prez have never had much interest in it. But, I promise you this. If Clinton had of had any question at all about birth certificates it would have been obssessed on by the right wing. There was a dress with a stain and a whole lot of other stuff. Matter of fact if they had done to Obama what they did to Clinton the left would really be howling racism. The fact I'm trying to get across is most of us on either side are just damn tired of the myth of the racist redneck white man and the gentile wonderful black victim. ENOUGH! We are all human and there are good folks among all of us of all colors. But, I'm out of here because after all left wing nuts are like right wing nuts. They are self rightous and hypocritical. But, and I've said it before. If you or a loved one have not spilled blood and worn the uniform of THIS nation then ya need to shut the fuck up! If you have then I yield the floor. PERIOD!

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

And yes I have worn the uniform but I try not to say anything else about it. I wasn't in a war and I didn't consider my service to have been any kind of sacrafice compared to that. But, I do apologise for the harsness of my above rant. It's still true though. :cool:

If there is really a legitimate reason to question his birth certificate, it should be questioned. But it seems the criticisms come from authors with certain political bents that demonstrate ulterior motives. If Obama isn't legitimate, or is presented as illegitimate, they can use that to advance other agendas. It could be racism in part, but certainly not for everyone. Heck, they went after Bush II because of the feeling that the circumstances of his "election," requiring a Supreme Court decision, were also subject to skepticism. I just hope we could get past that and deal with the real issues of running a country, and how best to deal with the problems.

Back