• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama Birth Certificate

The White House released that document because a fairly sizable number of people in this country believe Obama wasn't born here. With crazy Trump ranting about that every single day, every single hour, wherever a microphone appears, they needed to strike fast and hard and get the issue off the table. They've done that. Obama displayed far more information about his birth than my own birth certificate shows. And I was born here on Earth — I think. :D

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

I wonder what Donald Trump thinks.

He pats himself on the back and says that he was responsible for making it happen. It's all about him.

The White House released that document because a fairly sizable number of people in this country believe Obama wasn't born here. With crazy Trump ranting about that every single day, every single hour, wherever a microphone appears, they needed to strike fast and hard and get the issue off the table. They've done that. Obama displayed far more information about his birth than my own birth certificate shows. And I was born here on Earth — I think. :D

As an outsider looking in, I must say that American politics is nuts. You guys have a leader that most people envy, but he gets bogged down in silly arguments form those on the other side. It makes me sad.

ok now prove he is legally an african american or even "black" for that matter.

i think being the first BLACK President of the USA is a big deal. He is no more black than white.

Sure he may be black and even born outside the US for all that matters. That's where the differences regarding the previous presidents end.

Sure he may be black and even born outside the US for all that matters. That's where the differences regarding the previous presidents end.

I suspect in some cases, the issue isn't the latter — since it's obvious he is a natural born American and thus eligible to become president.

It makes me happy we can select a bi racial president. but, he is not our first black president.

Clinton does not count pix! Sheesh. :)

I had an interesting conversation with a retired engineer a waiting room this morning about the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law being fulfilled in the birth certificate situation. What is the intent of requiring that a President be a natural born citizen? The spirit of the law cannot be legislated though, that requires the voters to interpret and enforce that during the election. Apparently enough people saw Obama as having all the emotional and intellectual ties necessary to the country for him to lead it so he was elected.

I think the birth certificate issue was nothing but a calculated distraction and was certainly used politically by both sides. Maybe now we can move on to something more substantive but I kinda doubt it.

Clinton does not count pix! Sheesh. :)

I had an interesting conversation with a retired engineer a waiting room this morning about the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law being fulfilled in the birth certificate situation. What is the intent of requiring that a President be a natural born citizen? The spirit of the law cannot be legislated though, that requires the voters to interpret and enforce that during the election. Apparently enough people saw Obama as having all the emotional and intellectual ties necessary to the country for him to lead it so he was elected.

I think the birth certificate issue was nothing but a calculated distraction and was certainly used politically by both sides. Maybe now we can move on to something more substantive but I kinda doubt it.

like how to impeach the bass turd? or how to take back his PEACE PRIZE?

I see now that already the Birthers are calling the document a forgery. They analyze documents fast in conspiracy land!

I wonder what would happen if we spent a bunch of money (again) on a new 9/11 investigation or on the Kennedy assassination or on the reality of UFO's?
What if the result was not EXACTLY as the buffs desired? Is it reasonable to expect such people to accept anything other than what their religious convictions demand? Why would anyone want to piss away more money on such a fruitless cause?

Lance

Birthers? so that makes you a what?
Why indeed would anyone piss away money on a fruitless cause? I understand Obama spent nearly 2 million dollars to keep his records sealed.

Back