• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama Birth Certificate

Remember the old Chevy Chase skits on SNL? :) Those were the days. It wasn't simply "hip" to caracature the republicans. Nobody, was immune no matter which party you belonged to. :)

I really hope so, because believe it or not, I'm a friend of Americans and America, I want to hear one of you - give a solid arguement to explain why this birth certificate conversation is anything other than the pitiful mewling of the huge section of US society that is beside itself at the idea that white people have voted for a black man, who then actually won.

BINGO, this is a huge part of the birther issue.

Life is sooooo simple. Must be nice. You disagree with me your a racist. You beleive in things I don't so your an idiot and anti intelletual. You don't see things my way so you must be stupid. You don't agree with my politics then you must be a facist. You dare question my politically correct politics so you must be a backwoods,racist idiot.

Funny, but I gave example after example after example of why folks might simply just not like a particular cadnidate. I gave example after example of why there are two sides to every story. I gave expample after example of how IMPORTANT critical thinking and bringing the party in power to task it. I tried every kind of common sense. OH Wait! I must be a racist. So, all hail Barrack! OF course the fact that I actually supported him doesn't matter now. I have no right to question his birth or motive or anything else. OMG I feel a tingle. Only problem is it's not up my leg! :mad:

I don't know that the questioners are actually racists. I saw this same type of thing when Clinton was in and every three minutes there was some dirt along the line that Hilary killed Vince Foster etc. Molly Ivins used to sum it all up very well. I don't have any problem with calling out politicians of either party when they actually do something wrong or are embroiled in a scandal (which both sides seem to be equal to task on). What I do have a problem with is invented crap to stir the pot. There are tons of people who want to promote the idea that Obama is a Moslem. I don' t personally believe that given all the evidence seen but if he were, so what? Contrary to what many on the far right want us to believe, we do have a separation of church and state. Most people like it that way. I cannot see that he has tried to get Islam established as the state religion or anything.
Another example would be people calling Laura Bush a murderer because she killed someone in an accident. She did kill someone. It was an accident. She is not a murderer and to have people say that about her shows them to be of low character. The same with those who try to stir up crap on Obama.
I don't take issue with people asking questions. I just don't understand how they can continue to believe things after they have been shown evidence that things are not true.

Response to SOCAL
Absolutely! I agree and you didn't resort to bulling and calling people racist and acting as if they didn't have the right to disagree. Good points and intelligently argued. That's all I have been trying to get folks to see here! Calling somebody a racist other tactics that don't address the actual issue is being a bully. So, I have no problem at all with that post. I may like it or not like it but at least it was an honest response. Funny how the folks don't seem to mind the assisanation of george bush or the ineundos of about the Clintons or the other stuff that the opposisiton does to administrations. Oh well, At least we get that old "tingle" up our....errrrr...8)

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I absloutely LOATHED the bush administration. But, I'll be damned before I throw away my right to critically engage with any administration and I will continue to speak up! No matter who is in power. Unless the nazies or the communist come back or China takes over. Those guys don't play. :p

Back