• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NIDS, Utah Revisited

It seems to have some sort of awareness, but alongside that, a freakishness that seems so out of place.

It's quite odd that amidst a place of extreme emotion that you'd find a sense of peace (apart for that guy who went specifically to commune/meditate with nature!).

The light descriptions seem to fit some objects/forms (ufos) that I've seen before. Seemingly high intensity light, but with no throw--inexplicable--these were orange/brassy in colour though.
Just returned from trip.

we all agree that it seems to have an awareness, and there is an emotional if not obsessive tie to the location. I have seen the orange/green/white light up close as well. Just this last trip we saw a almost aqua blue flare like light.

Ryan, have you ever seen any of the "RV" type craft or the flying saucer type spacecraft that the Shermans said they saw. Also, have you seen the "Giant" Wolf close enough that you could actually get a accurate size estimate?

I may actually for the first time have seen the "chupa" style craft, I believe even in one of my videos you vaguely see some lights pass in the distance (very unimpressive, but at least i caught it on video). The RV has one bright headlight on the front and a rear red taillight, it makes absolutely no noise and effortlessly and quickly flies through the desert, it is see only for a matter of seconds before the lights wink out.

I have NEVER seen a saucer, Vshaped craft, cigar, or any other nuts and bolts style craft INCLUDING the Chupa which itself was only lights placed in the correct position to resemble a craft. The only very clear sighting I had looked like a football shaped object about the size of a small car that appeared to have orange and red plasma rotating around it.

I have been face to face with "the wolf".Its size was greatly exaggerated in the book as confirmed by subsequent interviews of the witnesses and my own encounter. Several of these orange orbs of light landed, flashed brightly and in a thickblack smoke transformed into the wolf infront of my very eyes, extremely disturbing and exciting. the wolf stood no more than 5 feet away from me, i could have pet it, it appeared docile, but given the odd circumstances , touching the thing was the last thought in mymind.

ryan,

Has anyone put any effort in to finding and interviewing members of the families who lived on the ranch in the past?
Frank Salisbury has in his book Utah Ufo display. I am also familiar with them and several of the neighbors. thats why i know the wolfs enormous size was exaggerated by Knapp, however surprisingly the majority of the book is spot on (I expected it to be more sensationalized, its not)

Frank Salisbury has in his book Utah Ufo display. I am also familiar with them and several of the neighbors. thats why i know the wolfs enormous size was exaggerated by Knapp, however surprisingly the majority of the book is spot on (I expected it to be more sensationalized, its not)

What do you know about who is there now? Are they employing locals for security etc.?

What do you think of Rich Oliver and Matt Groen's story?

3 armed guards employed by BAASS a subdivision of Bigelow Aerospace patrol the grounds 24/7. They drive in for a two week shift and then are rotated with another crew of guards. All guards are ex airforce MPs and must hold a top secret clearance. Pay is surprisingly LOW for their credentials. Locals are never hired other than for maintinance work around the ranch.

Rich and Matt and the group were dabbling with the occult. The occult is likely what is the heart of this matter and they definatly were playing with fire with this one. Their story is perhaps the ONLY story of actual entities being involved in a sighting. I am aware of no other story EVER at the ranch or around it of meeting the cast and crew of what is behind this show of mystery. I am concerned by their story, some elements feel as if they are embelished, others echo of the terror i have felt. The story itself makes for an excellent discussion in my opinion, which has been largely forgotten by the ufo community.

(1). As the account goes, in relation to the interview, there were two males and one female. I cannot recall if one, or both males were psychologists. There was nothing mentioned about the occult, although upon wakening the next morning there was a circle encompassing their tent. Perhaps you may be able to fill us in on what you know about their dabbling in the occult. Have you ever met or talked to any of them, as to confirm the veracity of their account?

(2). Your statement here, "skinwalker is the only place i have yet visited where i too feel at complete tranquil peace. It is very difficult to explain." is in contrast to your statement here, "I am concerned by their story, some elements feel as if they are embelished, others echo of the terror i have felt." Ryan, could you please clarify this.

(3). Do you employ any gear, and what is it?

I do believe that I have visited your website before, very cool. Thanks Ryan.

(1). As the account goes, in relation to the interview, there were two males and one female. I cannot recall if one, or both males were psychologists. There was nothing mentioned about the occult, although upon wakening the next morning there was a circle encompassing their tent. Perhaps you may be able to fill us in on what you know about their dabbling in the occult. Have you ever met or talked to any of them, as to confirm the veracity of their account?

(2). Your statement here, "skinwalker is the only place i have yet visited where i too feel at complete tranquil peace. It is very difficult to explain." is in contrast to your statement here, "I am concerned by their story, some elements feel as if they are embelished, others echo of the terror i have felt." Ryan, could you please clarify this.

(3). Do you employ any gear, and what is it?

I do believe that I have visited your website before, very cool. Thanks Ryan.
1. read through his entire story, he mentions drawing a occultist circle of protection and other chants prior to the events occuring, he also mentions that the ritual was done incorrectly. Here is the link to his commentary: Request for info from ATS member

2. There may be opposing forces at play on the ranch, as it seems to toy with human emotion. I have been in a raw primal state of panic, I have also been at the peak of estacy. Both emotional extremes. Typically i'm in a manic excited and peaceful state early in the night at dusk, proceeded by sheer terror in the proceeding hours as the activity begins to stir, climaxed by an orb shining a spotlight like device me.

3. high powered laser, long distances walkies, hiking gps, undisclosed weapons, night vision monocular, semi professional video camera with night vision and low light capabilities, 80x night capable binoculars, digital recorder, emf reader, high powered spotlight, and a few other devices. Oh and my RV equipted to climb some fairly forbidden terrain, and also solar and battery powered to function without a generator or gas. Would like to get thermal but funds get streched by the costs of the trips traveling to utah.

I have purchased two copies of " Hunt for the Skinwalker.” Having read through one third, I ended giving the first copy to an alchemist, whose father had spent a considerable amount of time with the tribes of Papua New Guinea. The second copy I purchased for a friend whose interest lies in esoteric realms. So you can see that I am familiar with the book, and will save the next copy for myself. By the way, welcome to the forums, and again thanks.

I have purchased two copies of " Hunt for the Skinwalker.” Having read through one third, I ended giving the first copy to an alchemist, whose father had spent a considerable amount of time with the tribes of Papua New Guinea. The second copy I purchased for a friend whose interest lies in esoteric realms. So you can see that I am familiar with the book, and will save the next copy for myself. By the way, welcome to the forums, and again thanks.
the link was a direct link to the specific story we were discussing regarding the vaporized dogs, not to just the book. did you read that particular paragraph regarding "hair" and a "greasy pile"? :eek:

If your referring to page 86, it states that there were three blackish greasy circles, thats it. I'll read through the rest of it tonight.

"a blackish greasy mess. the stink of his incinerated dogs as awful. Tom rushed out...his stomach heaving" I think junior mentioned the hair and teeth part to me...

page 86

If something did that to three of my dogs, I would call the police or sheriff out. do you know if he did that? If he didn't, that would be confusing.

If something did that to three of my dogs, I would call the police or sheriff out. do you know if he did that? If he didn't, that would be confusing.

I agree with you, as far as i know he only called Junior Hicks, the local "go to guy" for anything ufo related.

This is a dangerous question to answer. They made the decision to go public to the local media prior to receiving an offer from Bigelow to purchase the ranch or contemplating selling the ranch. The decision to go public was motivated by the paranormal events and the confusion caused by it, the decision to sell the ranch was motivated by financial means and a way out of a faltering financial situation.

This is a dangerous answer because i'm being somewhat speculative on this, and don’t wish to upset the witnesses if my answer is at all inaccurate.

It seems strange that law enforcement or animal control wasn't brought in to help deal with the problems on the ranch by the families that lived there. What was the name of the family that the Shermans bought the ranch from? I would think all that could be known about this property is known by now. Have you uncovered the previous owners and history of the property with the county and so forth?

Back