• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NIDS, Utah Revisited

So check this out. Goto this Music forum and read the posts by Dr. Guano. He posted his experiences as an assistant at the NIDS ranch over multiple posts ( so you'll have to piece his 8 to 9 posts together ). Good Read. I had a brief email exchange with him and he seemed like a truthful, good guy.

PT | Phish | Unbelievable true UFO story

icculus, thx for posting this - I bookmarked it and will read Dr. Guano's experiences.

What is behind the reluctance to release Skin Walker info? Embarrassment due to lack of any recordable evidence? Ongoing study that requires containment? Collation of evidence for use in Bob Bigelow's forthcoming top secret film/computer game franchise "Escape from the Skinwalker Ranch". Or my personal favourite, containment of evidence due to the explosive nature of findings which would have a detrimental effect on life as we know it and would commence an Earth shattering paradigm shift which would CHANGE THE WORLD FOR EVER.

"We look down across a wide desert vista with a lone native american man sitting cross legged. A white helicopter descends with the letters NIDS in blue on the side. The chopper blades whip up air and sand which makes the cross legged man squint and cover his face. A man in a loud suit and aviator sunglasses carrying a shiny metal brief-case jumps from the copter holding his hair and heads towards the cross legged man.

Bob B: Cochise. Your a hard man to find.
(Donald Sutherland)
Cochise: I like it that way. What do you want Bob.
(Steven Segal)
Bob B: I want you to get your feet wet again.

Cochise: I like my feet the way they are, dry.

Bob B: Not this time my friend. You know I wouldn't be here if it wasn't serious. Right now I need a man of your expertise.

Cochise: Not in that line of work no more Bob.

Bob B: Look I know what happened in Nicaragua, this is different. No, guns, no throwing weapons…

Cochise: I made a vow

Bob B: …No explosives, no APCs, no M16s..

Cochise: I'm a man of peace.

Bob B: Well I've got a cow in pieces. Right now I've got a family and two..one dog and 16 high level scientists hold up in a Ranch scared shitless cos a god damn eviscerated calf and her mother have been splayed all over the god damn homestead like frigging gravy on waffles.

Cochise: yee naaldlooshii ?

Bob B: .. swhat were looking at Cochise. Possibly up to 12 entities, wolves, god damn time shifts, dis-encarnate voices, orbs..

Cochise: ..you know they're just an after image digital artefact of the lens being close to the flash..

Bob B: Damn it Cochise. I wouldn't be here if I didn't need a…

Cochise: Everyone wants the Shaman, the old Native American knowledge . We run out of ideas with your "science" and your "iPads" and its back to the old ways to bail you out. Was that what it was like Bob? You took one look at the old land and thought. I want a hotel there..

Bob B: I gave them a god damn fair price Cochise. If it wasn't for me those kids would still be playing Pocahontas in the dirt while daddy ate coyote and peace pipes. Look I need your help Sitting Bull Shit… a family needs your help, hell this is big and were out of our depth here man.

Cochise: What say I did help you. Whats in it for me?

Bob B: Didn't you make a vow?

Cochise: I'd need a team. Where's Cajun Bertie?

Bob B: Christ, not sure..Bertieaux's killing zombies for the vatican somewhere in the everglades.

Cochise: Peter the Saint?

Bob B: Right now? Petré Illyich is infiltrating a frigging torch waving UFO cult for the ATF.

Cochise: What a waste. I may need his Enochian skills on this. Oh and I need something else.

Bob B: What is it?

Cochise: 10 per cent. "

What is behind the reluctance to release Skin Walker info? Embarrassment due to lack of any recordable evidence? Ongoing study that requires containment? Collation of evidence for use in Bob Bigelow's forthcoming top secret film/computer game franchise "Escape from the Skinwalker Ranch". Or my personal favourite, containment of evidence due to the explosive nature of findings which would have a detrimental effect on life as we know it and would commence an Earth shattering paradigm shift which would CHANGE THE WORLD FOR EVER.

I'll go with all of the above

Bigelows approach was not to prove or disprove the paranormal, but rather to detect a possible technology which may drive phenomena. Perhaps a technology in which he could use in the advancement of research at Bigelow Aerospace. As far as any embarrassment created for lack of peer reviewed research, I can’t see that, as Mr. Bigelow could have kept all research on the DL, and not have included the public. So I would suggest what you’re left with is that none of this has occurred, and these very bright researchers have lost their minds, or there may be a hint of a technology in which Mr. Bigelow does not want to share, as if he did no one would probably believe him anyway…, which may be a good thing.

".....containment of evidence due to the explosive nature of the findings which would have a detrimental effect on life as we know it and would commence an Earth shattering paradigm shift which would CHANGE THE WORLD FOR EVER."

Nameless, an intriguing idea indeed. Did you mean this seriously? From the context of your post and this reason's standing among your hypotheses as your "personal favourite" it would seem you are serious. If so, just curious as to some clarification on why you think this. Kim

kind of half joking half serious.

As with most experienced paranormal phenomena there is an element of these events to not lend itself to "material coroboration". Usually these things are experienced or witnessed but never filmed or photographed. I do not doubt that something is happening or happened and the lack of evidence is mainly an insinuation of the former and in no way do i suggest a coyness with peer review.

As with this and marley woods (which i feel is probably more important and deserves more attention), we have to remember that there are real people involved at the heart of it with real lives being effected. That aside we all wait with baited breath to be "let in" in what is a big boys dinner, hoping they will throw a morsel our way. There has been some criticism of George's Skinwalker book, I havent read it myself but will on Ward's recomendation. I have devoured every other info on this. From what I can gather one would imagine that what we are looking at here is a "window area" to another realm. Would love to hear Chris's updates if any and retrospective professional views on this.

"As with this and marley woods (which i feel is probably more important and deserves more attention),"

Why?

i think its because its more recent and seems to be "fresher" and because we can get chris to say stuff about it!

Also its eems to exhibit simlar phenomena which makes corrobation interesting and from a scientific point of view very helpful in comparison and in new "testing" ways

“Freshness?” until this very moment I was unaware of any expiration date on phenomena research.

“which makes corrobation interesting and from a scientific point of view very helpful in comparison and in new "testing" ways”

What new “testing ways” would you be referring to?

the more experiences we investigate, the more new testing is carried out, the more we can apply test validity. This helps when we can share data on anumber of similar experiences.

“Freshness?” until this very moment I was unaware of any expiration date on phenomena research.

are u being a twat on purpose?

perhaps if you remove your contextual bias then you wouldnt reinterpret everything as contrary and perhaps you wouldnt come across as being brash?? just helping

I was not in the least attempting to be “twatish,”, if I understand the word in the contextual term in which you have written it. Rather stating fact as you suggest occurrence's which have been noticed and observed since 1969, (forty three years), could be “fresher” and possibly the pinnacle of research.

“Brash,” Have you happened to notice your posts? I don’t think so. As it is my opinion that you have been of little resource as to the amount of real estate taken, and have come by in order to drop a duce in the bowl.

So check this out. Goto this Music forum and read the posts by Dr. Guano. He posted his experiences as an assistant at the NIDS ranch over multiple posts ( so you'll have to piece his 8 to 9 posts together ). Good Read. I had a brief email exchange with him and he seemed like a truthful, good guy.

PT | Phish | Unbelievable true UFO story

That's a tough crowd on the Music Forum! "Dr. Guano" posted some interesting stuff. The links he and someone else posted about the Skinwalker Ranch were good too. I liked the photos. For some reason I had thought the ranch was a large, wooden home, but it's just a small modular type home. One thing that creeped me out was Guano working with a NIDS asst. - they are just sitting inside the NIDS trailer doing some basic work and the dogs go nuts outside. The asst. looks like he's in a trance and tells him they have to go outside and then the asst. seems to get possessed by something when they look up and see a ufo over them. The asst. starts channeling from 'them'. That would get me right off the ranch. Yep I'm coward.

I have read much on Skinwalker, but did they only used digital cameras to document evidence, I am at a loss to understand why?

Back then digital cameras were so low res. 35mm film is much better to document with, even now, and one has a negitive. I looked over some of the photographic evidence, it is of a rather poor quality.
:eek:

With all the activity that supposedly happen in places like Marley Woods and Skinwalker, the photographic evidence is pretty much garbage. People have been promising evidence for years and they never provide it - that's par for the course when it comes to the paranormal.
Ask yourself, how many times have you heard, "We have tons of footage, we're just analyzing it and we'll be releasing it soon." Lots of people are guilty of this, including guests on the show.

At the risk of being called a troll I will ask this. Why is it you can call out the woo pitchers on other subjects. Yet, you treat the transhumanism crap with kid gloves? Inquiring minds want to know. Why is you can get really disrespectful of even one of the co host when it comes to the trickster myth. But, when it comes to the transhumanism stuff you go all touchy feely and want everybody to get along? Is it that one of the cool kids believe in that junk? If one of the silly woo pitchers was starting it would you treat it like you do remote viewing and other stuff? Again, I need to hush because really and truly you don't do well with mirrors do you?

Unfortunately Dr. Guano lies on a cave floor, and only comes out at night. At least that’s my impression. Maybe Chris has heard of Dr. Guano’s batty research. Looking on the bright side, this thread may get mercilessly drug out beyond two pages.

I have read much on Skinwalker, but did they only used digital cameras to document evidence, I am at a loss to understand why?

Back then digital cameras were so low res. 35mm film is much better to document with, even now, and one has a negitive. I looked over some of the photographic evidence, it is of a rather poor quality.
:eek:

If anyone knows anything about “Skinwalker”, they know about the pictures of the mutilated calf, and the cameras which were placed on posts, facing one another. When one of the cameras was vandalized, the researchers were able to zero in on the power indicator light of the camera which was vandalized. They were able to see the power indicator go off, without any sign of the perpetrator. I’ve included a short article from Rense.com. Hunt For The Skinwalker - A True Life Scientific 'X-Files'

Back