• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NIDS, Utah Revisited

SRL+

Paranormal Adept
By now most everyone has heard of NIDS, (National Institute of Discovery Science), and their research facility located in North East Utah. For those few of you who have not, (as of yet), heard of the place, it is quite unique in as of the range, and quality of phenomena which have occurred over the last decade and a half, of investigational research there.

Affectionately dubbed “the zoo”, (because of the plethora of phenomena which have been observed), Colm Kelleher, a research immunologist and graduate of the prestigious Trinity College spearheaded the research. Among the research team included Jacques Vallee, Ret. Col. John Alexander, a NASA scientist, and unbelievably, mainstream scientists whom to this date shall remain anonymous. The painstaking efforts in detecting random phenomena included of all things, an instrument in which is able to detect airborne hallucinogens, as the arsenal of gear implemented is quite impressive.

You might ask, “Why revisit Skinwalker?” it’s old news, history as it were. The reason being is due to the fact that there has never been such an in depth investigation of scientific anomalies that has been shared with the public. After listening to Dr. Kelleher, Alexander, and Mr. Bigelow, I would suggest that there is more at stake than the, (not so coveted), “Pigasus Award”, which was handed out by James Randi to Mr. Bigelow, and NIDS in 1996.

According to Mr. Bigelow the suggested form of sentience, “did not lend itself to observation, rather performing at its own will, calling the shots at its own behest.” Among the performances, the performers included were orbs, chupas, a pre historic raptor, a structured craft resembling a miniature F-16, some type of portal, and discarnate voices, just to name a few. I almost forgot about the opening act, a wolf that was blasted multiple times from point blank by Mr. Gorman, then turning, and trotting off. There was almost anything you could possibly imagine…, anything except for ET. As in the former is just a sampling of what most any sane individual would consider beyond the pale.

Perhaps the opening act started long before, maybe millions of years ago, or even since the advent of consciousness or intelligence itself, if in fact these accounts were to be correct. A former science teacher now in his eighties by the name of Junior Hicks had gathered testimony from witnesses ranging in the hundreds, which reaches back decades, of bizarre phenomena which had occurred in the area.

Back to NIDS…, some of the anomalies under study could be explained within the empirical scientific, (materialist/realist), definition. However, there were occurrences, which did not fit in any way, shape, or form within those definitions, or model. Being that the behavior of the anomalies were forever morphing, it could not be duplicated, squelching any possibility of a favorable peer reviewed result. However, it has been noted by Dr. Vallee, Dr. Alexander, and Mr. Robert Bigelow that the form of sentience, which encompasses the NIDS facility, is extremely consciousness oriented. It has also been noted that in the area, there have been extremely low magnetic field readings. As there is little doubt there is data and images that have not, and will not be released to the public, the effort put forth in the advancement of reconciling possible origins of consciousness continues there to this day.

If someone could get Junior Hicks decades of witness testimonies published, it might be even more interesting than what Bigelow and N.I.D.S. came up with.

Frank Salisbury who wrote "The Utah UFO Display," recounts a couple of Junior Hick's stories. Mr. Hicks would be a great guest for someone if he were up to it. Mr. Hicks may also have a journal somewhere, as it would be an interesting read.

Just like to add that people should not confuse NIDS with the Discovery Institute which is a Christian creationist outfit (Religions Creation and science should not be in the same sentence).
Sorry but I have seen people confuse the two for some unknown reason before.

Peace

Frank Salisbury who wrote "The Utah UFO Display," recounts a couple of Junior Hick's stories. Mr. Hicks would be a great guest for someone if he were up to it. Mr. Hicks may also have a journal somewhere, as it would be an interesting read.

I think chris is acquainted with junior hicks perhaps he can be cajoled into spilling out a couple of juniors stories in lieu of junior himself, I believe I also heard him mention he was one of the first people on the ranch before n.i.d.s. and introduced the shermans to mr. bigelow

I've tried several times to contact him about being on the show, but to no avail. He's retired now and (from what I hear) doesn't get out much anymore...

Trinity college is the top rated number 1 university in Ireland. Colm Kelleher is smart if he got educated there.

I love to know what really happened at Skinwalker ranch i very much doubt we have been told the full story.

This is one of the reasons that I stay interested in psi research. There is something there that defies the simple reductionist mindset. No, it doens't prove anything, at least not until we know and see more. But, it keeps "Hope" alive ;) that there is more to be discovered about reality and consciouness and where this journey is headed.

Just like to add that people should not confuse NIDS with the Discovery Institute which is a Christian creationist outfit (Religions Creation and science should not be in the same sentence).
Sorry but I have seen people confuse the two for some unknown reason before.

Peace

And what about the church of christian science, stoney?

Off Topic: They do have a damn good news site though, along w/bbc it is one of the first places I look to for covering world news, especially the "small" events that you just know will be on everyone's tongues in a few months

I think chris is acquainted with junior hicks perhaps he can be cajoled into spilling out a couple of juniors stories in lieu of junior himself, I believe I also heard him mention he was one of the first people on the ranch before n.i.d.s. and introduced the shermans to mr. bigelow

Is it to late to say I meant chris introduced the "GORMANS" to mr. bigelow ? Damn, sometimes I can be such a dumbass ! And yes I know even the gormans was a pseudonym....I think

So check this out. Goto this Music forum and read the posts by Dr. Guano. He posted his experiences as an assistant at the NIDS ranch over multiple posts ( so you'll have to piece his 8 to 9 posts together ). Good Read. I had a brief email exchange with him and he seemed like a truthful, good guy.

PT | Phish | Unbelievable true UFO story

That was kinda onerous to go through, perhaps it would be better to copy and paste op's posts and re-post and give acknowledgment of the source ? :)

This is one of the reasons that I stay interested in psi research. There is something there that defies the simple reductionist mindset. No, it doens't prove anything, at least not until we know and see more. But, it keeps "Hope" alive ;) that there is more to be discovered about reality and consciouness and where this journey is headed.

Recently listening to an interview with Dr. Kelleher, he recounted a NIDS board member who suggested that due to the non-duplication quality of the performances, that perhaps a pre cognitive form of consciousness or intelligence was conducting a series of some type of psychological tests. If this were true would it suggest that a pre cognitive form of consciousness or intelligence was actually attempting to gage Homo sapiens evolution of intelligence or consciousness, or might we be attempting to gaze at our own reflections into a mirror. Either way, I would find it rather ironic if these highly credentialed, highly educated researchers would become the researched themselves.

And what about the church of christian science, stoney?

Let me sum it up for you..... All study in the filed of any science should lead to the conclusion (Per Conceived) that ... wait for it.............. "GOD DID IT"

goddidit.jpg

However reality is a bit more complex than that.

So yeah problem but this is not relevant to this thread other than the close proximity of name spooky so not here man.

Recently listening to an interview with Dr. Kelleher, he recounted a NIDS board member who suggested that due to the non-duplication quality of the performances, that perhaps a pre cognitive form of consciousness or intelligence was conducting a series of some type of psychological tests. If this were true would it suggest that a pre cognitive form of consciousness or intelligence was actually attempting to gage Homo sapiens evolution of intelligence or consciousness, or might we be attempting to gaze at our own reflections into a mirror. Either way, I would find it rather ironic if these highly credentialed, highly educated researchers would become the researched themselves.
and that one crazy dude who hitched hiked his way across the USA in the dark to beg to meditate in the field, got there freaked the f*ck out and ran away.

That’s pretty much the way the story goes, and it’s probably just that…, a story, though humorous. As it goes, Terry Sherman and his son let this stranger into their pasture to meditate. While the hapless man was meditating Mr. Sherman and his son noticed something moving along the perimeter of the pasture among the trees. Then this predator type being moved into the pasture, up to the man and roared like a lion…, very touching.
Needless to say the man freaked out and departed with dispatch…, probably never to be seen again.

Then there’s Dr. Kelleher’s account which takes place while out at night in the pasture with a NASA researcher. They were out calibrating night vision gear when an orb the size of a basketball lit up the entire pasture, then went out while the NASA researcher noticed, (via his night vision), that there was some type of cloud materializing along the tree line, up in the trees in front of him. Then the NASA researcher heard a discarnate voice relating, “we are watching you.” Interesting is Dr. Kelleher saying that the night before they were able to capture some interesting images with their night gear.

As a footnote for anyone interested, you can go on Google Earth and actually view the three bait pens located out in the pastures. They are used in the effort to attract phenomena.

Back