• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Logo?

I'm probably going to want to deal with the shading in the header of this forum, if there's a designer who can provide a bit of help. :)

I like it, it's fun.. but it does need to be on a black background in a star-field... lots of web work ahead!

There will be some redesigns here and the other sites. But we will never put white (or blue or green) type on a black background. I know loads of paranormal-related sites do that, and it's wrong! It makes the content near impossible to read. Readability comes first, and the rest follows.

There will be some redesigns here and the other sites. But we will never put white (or blue or green) type on a black background. I know loads of paranormal-related sites do that, and it's wrong! It makes the content near impossible to read. Readability comes first, and the rest follows.

I totally agree BUT... it might be ok for a header.

And you can help us with a black background in the header. :)

Peace,
Gene

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Let me amend that. With a little help from the talented artist who did our logo, I managed to get it black. Now maybe some stars too?

New paracast logo

Sorry to say guys, but just what was wrong with the original logo?? The new one seems a little bit...mainstream. I liked the mystery of the old logo, this one smacks of going a bit too p.c.Sorry if this offends, and I of course could do no better, but it's an honest opinion I thought I would share.

New paracast logo

The old logo was far too reminiscent of the TV show "Fringe" (the hand). It's not that J.J. Abrams was breathing down our backs, but we had to make the change to be distinctive. A good logo is simple, accessible, with the meaning clear visually. I realize some will like it, others won't. You can't please everyone.

New paracast logo

It'll grow on me I'm sure and if all I have to moan about is the logo, i'd say that's pretty good going :)

New paracast logo

The design is retro cool--I like it (but) but I'm not convinced... I do love the retro font and headphones and the alien head shape, but I'd like to see an animated glyph where the alien eyes blink and all of a sudden it's a pair of human eyes, then, the human eyes blink and it's back to ET. PAUSE
Static archetypal almond-eyes--stylized or otherwise represents the antithesis of everything I intuit is going on--so, yeah its cool but this is the Paracast!

Back