• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NASA STS-75 UFO Observations, Opinions/Thoughts

starise

Paranormal Adept
Am I the only one that thinks a lot of these sightings seem similar to organic creatures? Especially the sightings around the space tether that broke.They didn't move or act like anything that looked like a craft as we know one. The energy fields were round with holes in the middle and were pulsating like living organisms. I think I have only seen one other reference to this. Obviously they are in the vaccum of space in temps that no organism on earth can live in.

I am thinking that maybe they possess the ability to live off of energy. This would explain why they went toward the tether like bees to honey.They seem like low order not extrememly intelligent organisms/animals in the video. If I had seen this in the ocean I would have thought it was some kind of jellyfish the way they move is almost uncanny.

Energy creatures of some kind maybe? Care to agree/disagree?

Disagree most strongly.

Known camera artifacts most definitely.

Don't feel bad though. David Sereda attempted to derive a whole new physics from observing these camera artifacts, and he claims to be a professional photographer. It doesn't get any funnier than that.

Never heard the camera artifacts idea. Makes sense.I didn't know what it was. Didn't look like any kind of craft.
What caused it? Is it a reflection of light from the shuttle instruments? Seems like a very strange artifact.

I don't feel bad. If this is indeed artifacts then the issue is solved for me. Thanks.

Never heard the camera artifacts idea. Makes sense.I didn't know what it was. Didn't look like any kind of craft.
What caused it? Is it a reflection of light from the shuttle instruments? Seems like a very strange artifact.

I don't feel bad. If this is indeed artifacts then the issue is solved for me. Thanks.

It has been discussed here in the forums several times I think. You can search the forum and find a couple of videos explaining it.

The logic of the original post is as broken as the tether. You immediately start making assumptions about what the camera is showing and begin misinterpreting it. Rather than begin with what can be known about what you are seeing, what the performance characteristics and limitations of the camera are, what are known causes of such images if any, you appear to accept the firsthand experience of your senses (you see something strange) and start to extrapolate exotic explanations without first checking the common place, the known, the understood.

Ideally, one would first want to understand what they are actually dealing with (an out of focus image) and eliminate the known before considering the bizarre. The limitations of these cameras and how they operate are well understood and they do produce these types of images for out of focus objects. The answer that depends on the fewest assumptions usually turns out to best one.

This is exactly how pseudo-science like Serada's spawns and survives. People will jump to conclusions and then start whipping up supporting evidence from their misinterpretations of perfectly understandable phenomena. Entire religions and belief systems have been generated in this fallacious manner.

Actually trajanus I was making a guess and I think I conveyed that in my post. I was never completely convinced of it. All I had to go on was what I saw which was one reason I decided to see if anyone else knew what it could be .

We all tend to make assumptions based on what we have at the time. Some people go with those assumptions as fact and some people keep them as assumptions until they feel compelled to make the jump from a hunch to fact. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, just clarifying that all I made was a hunch.

I trusted what you told me in good faith when I could bring up that I have no way to confirm what you told me was true. I have no reason not to believe it either.

At one time this footage was shown on TV as being some unexplained phenomena. What would you think if you had seen it knowing absolutely nothing about it and being told that it is "unexplained"? Not everyone is a camera expert. It certainly looks unusual and out of place to me.

It's on an episode of UFO Hunters (cannot remember which) but for me it was successfully debunked and very well too.

I was hugely disappointed in a way to find out they were camera artefacts but at the same time I don't want to be believing in things that are not true so it just is what it is.

On the other hand though, there is still ample shuttle footage that I don't buy the 'space junk' explanation for. So this one is out but there seem to be still some worthy candidates as footage of possible craft IMO. The quality of the video link was beyond pathetic and one video I watched seemed to show that NASA was introducing 'snow' to outside images, enough to obscure all but the most blatant UFO in the foreground.

At one time this footage was shown on TV as being some unexplained phenomena. What would you think if you had seen it knowing absolutely nothing about it and being told that it is "unexplained"? Not everyone is a camera expert. It certainly looks unusual and out of place to me.

I'm not a camera expert either, but I know how to use Google. My point being that before you go out on a limb and start talking or even thinking about lower order intelligence beings eating "energy" and living in the vacuum of space you might want to find out all that is known about what you are watching and consider a more mundane and reasonable explanation. I saw the same footage you did. I just searched for information on what causes such images and found it pretty easily.

There are no "things" in that video that stop, change direction or zig zag or do anything that seems artificial, man made or let alone insectoid.

No, it was indeed a very good illusion. On first inspection, with the known length of the tether, esimates of huge disc sizes going behind this 12-mile long tether, were up to like 3 miles in diameter.
Thing that was a give away a little (tho I did not in any way 'solve' it) was that the discs seemed to pulse at the same rate and they had that little bite-sized chunk out of the side - all of them. I could not explain what caused that or how it really appeared to go behind the tether but once it was explained it was so simple. Same thing with 'orbs' in phots with digital cameras.

Trained - I think perhaps sometimes people may even be put off doing research if they think things might get too technical, with not everyone having a technical mind. But jumping to the 'lower order beings' (3 miles wide mind you!) was indeed a leap too far even for this crazy field.

But on the massive plus side Starise, you have not tried to defend the idea once presented with the facts and it's always encouraging to see people willing to accept sensible explanations, rather than sticking resolutely to something provably false. All of us have been 'guilty' of perhaps accepting something at face value sometimes. Well, I have occasionally!:rolleyes:

It is most probable out-of-focus dust/particles.
Jump to time index 0:49 there you'll see one of those 3-mile-wide-objects moving slowly from NW to SE (behind the tether). As soon as its being occluded by the tether it shrinks in size massively and after it passed by the tether it's growing again to the original size.
That's called diffraction. The light-rays from those objects become somewhat bended by the tether (the diffraction happens to occur at the edge of the tether; not only completely transparent objects can act as a lens), and as soon as the object has the proper distance to the tether (compared to distance tether-camera) you can see a sharp 'picture' of it (depends however on the distance relation between object-tehter, tether-camera; that's also the reason why so few 'object' showing this behaviour in the footage).

Stefan

For a lack of any relevant and logical theory to the contrary, you might just have something there. You see in the UFO "please let E.T. be real" world, anything that moves across the sky must be sent from either the Pleiades, Mars, or perhaps some galaxy in which we have no idea about. They must be special little grey, green, some have even said "lizard" like creatures from an "extra terrestrial" background, and if you profess to have any theory to the contrary, you are deemed either close-minded or just plain wrong.

Thanks for your idea and keep it coming. It's nice to see "real" open minds who aren't afraid to present alternate theories on this forum for a change.

On the other hand though, there is still ample shuttle footage that I don't buy the 'space junk' explanation for. So this one is out but there seem to be still some worthy candidates as footage of possible craft IMO. The quality of the video link was beyond pathetic and one video I watched seemed to show that NASA was introducing 'snow' to outside images, enough to obscure all but the most blatant UFO in the foreground.

I agree. Other video shows objects that appear to be under intelligent control.

I'm not a camera expert either, but I know how to use Google. My point being that before you go out on a limb and start talking or even thinking about lower order intelligence beings eating "energy" and living in the vacuum of space you might want to find out all that is known about what you are watching and consider a more mundane and reasonable explanation. I saw the same footage you did. I just searched for information on what causes such images and found it pretty easily.

Point well made, but we think differently. I see nothing wrong with going onto a paranormal forum and asking what people think about my ideas. If going out on a limb bothers you then maybe you shouldn't be on a paranormal forum.JMO. It was a fun theory you have to admit. Paranormal means experiences outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" Admittedly I could have done a little more research but I chose to come here and discuss it first. Research involves discussing a subject with others who share a similar interest and might have a broader knowledge,so in that respect I am in fact researching this to a degree by coming here. You used Google. I came here and found out the same thing.

There are no "things" in that video that stop, change direction or zig zag or do anything that seems artificial, man made or let alone insectoid.​

I agree, they looked like lazy jellyfish to me.;)

But on the massive plus side Starise, you have not tried to defend the idea once presented with the facts and it's always encouraging to see people willing to accept sensible explanations, rather than sticking resolutely to something provably false. All of us have been 'guilty' of perhaps accepting something at face value sometimes. Well, I have occasionally!:rolleyes:

If I'm wrong I want to know it but usually I'm not lol! I don't mind being wrong but I resent someone telling me I'm wrong when I am simply asking an opinion and making an observation on a paranormal forum no less where you read all kinds of things. I'll choose whatever methods I want to decide for myself.This could be a great idea for a sci fi book."Energy Creatures of the Abyss" whataya think?

For a lack of any relevant and logical theory to the contrary, you might just have something there. You see in the UFO "please let E.T. be real" world, anything that moves across the sky must be sent from either the Pleiades, Mars, or perhaps some galaxy in which we have no idea about. They must be special little grey, green, some have even said "lizard" like creatures from an "extra terrestrial" background, and if you profess to have any theory to the contrary, you are deemed either close-minded or just plain wrong.

Thanks for your idea and keep it coming. It's nice to see "real" open minds who aren't afraid to present alternate theories on this forum for a change.

Thanks Pararealityshift...Yeah, I guess I let my imagination get the best of me there. It was fun while it lasted.;)

Trajanus. Thanks for posting the first video. If the second video is supposedly inferring in some way that I needed to snap out of something then maybe you can explain what that is supposed to be??? Your comments about angels,demons and inter-dimentional beings shows your obvious bias toward these theories.I pick up easily on these little digs you send my way and they reveal a lot about you.

Point well made, but we think differently. I see nothing wrong with going onto a paranormal forum and asking what people think about my ideas. If going out on a limb bothers you then maybe you shouldn't be on a paranormal forum.JMO. It was a fun theory you have to admit. Paranormal means experiences outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" Admittedly I could have done a little more research but I chose to come here and discuss it first. Research involves discussing a subject with others who share a similar interest and might have a broader knowledge,so in that respect I am in fact researching this to a degree by coming here. You used Google. I came here and found out the same thing.

There are no "things" in that video that stop, change direction or zig zag or do anything that seems artificial, man made or let alone insectoid.​

If I'm wrong I want to know it but usually I'm not lol! I don't mind being wrong but I resent someone telling me I'm wrong when I am simply asking an opinion and making an observation on a paranormal forum no less where you read all kinds of things. I'll choose whatever methods I want to decide for myself.This could be a great idea for a sci fi book."Energy Creatures of the Abyss" whataya think?

Thanks Pararealityshift...Yeah, I guess I let my imagination get the best of me there. It was fun while it lasted.;)

Trajanus. Thanks for posting the first video. If the second video is supposedly inferring in some way that I needed to snap out of something then maybe you can explain what that is supposed to be??? Your comments about angels,demons and inter-dimentional beings shows your obvious bias toward these theories.

Trajanus. Thanks for posting the first video. If the second video is supposedly inferring in some way that I needed to snap out of something then maybe you can explain what that is supposed to be???

Trajanus. Thanks for posting the first video. If the second video is supposedly inferring in some way that I needed to snap out of something then maybe you can explain what that is supposed to be???

If going out on a limb bothers you then maybe you shouldn't be on a paranormal forum.

Oh for Pete's sake! It doesn't bother me how silly you want to look. You asked if I agreed or disagreed with your wild baseless speculation and I told you what I thought and why.

I put about as much value in that as I did on your opinion of the footage. LOL!

Why do you continue to refer to me as "Trajanus" when it clearly says "trainedobserver" right next to my postings and in the labels automatically generated (which you apparently remove) when you quote me?

Yes, it is a suggestion that those who continue to insist on fantastic and bizarre interpretations of understood events should "snap out of it."

I've never seen any NASA videos that haven't been sufficiently debunked. The optics of the cameras, small particles of ice or dust or other debris, and the play of light off the multiple panes of glass seem to explain everything I've seen so far. But it is still interesting to discuss and it's good to bring these cases into the forefront once in a while for the benefit of refreshing our memory and for newer members who may not know about them.

Back