• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NASA STS-75 UFO Observations, Opinions/Thoughts

starise said:
Your comments about angels,demons and inter-dimentional beings shows your obvious bias toward these theories.I pick up easily on these little digs you send my way and they reveal a lot about you.

Bias toward? It is a definite basis against the irrational and unsupportable "belief" in supernatural beings like ghosts, spirits, demons, gods, goddesses, and specifically named and supposedly understood supernatural personalities and characters described in folklore, superstition, and the various religious belief systems.

I generally try very hard to talk about the subject matter at hand and not the posters themselves. If you're smarting from the "Snap out of it" thing I would just say you shouldn't take it personally. I am trying to talk about how we think about these things and the pitfalls and errors that need to be avoided when evaluating them. There is nothing personal about it and you shouldn't take it that way. I apologize if I'm come off too harsh.

Also, I would say there is a distinction between your belief system and you personally. A criticism of one isn't necessarily a comment on the other.

I don't know where you got that quote that says it's mine, but I never made it. If you follow the link it is entirely different. You might want to redo your post there.

Something is hinky with the forum or I'm fat-fingering the damn thing. You are right sir. That is Starise not youse. I fixed it.

something is very hinky with the forum. i keep getting errors.

I think it is the Boogieman messing with us. Probably has something to do with the fact someone keeps mentioning a certain box. Outside chance it is evil hanging around since the Ouija Board episode. We need someone to shake a ju-ju stick at the server or something. Maybe someone can carve new runes on the router just to be sure.

Thanks Pararealityshift...Yeah, I guess I let my imagination get the best of me there. It was fun while it lasted.;)

No it's so many others who believe that their imaginations are "fact" which is the problem here. You should never apologize when all you've done was to post a reply that in and of itself suggests....and that's the big word here...SUGGESTS an alternative explanation for what the video presents.

My biggest rant on these forums is the close minded dolts that state it cannot be inter-dimensional, cannot be a figment of our imaginations, cannot be Demonic, and definitely cannot be anything other than E.T. showing us all how loving, kind and generally interested they are in us. It's within this context I have always had a hard time. I personally believe in the inter-dimensional malignant theories and because I am a believer in Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior, have faith in what the Word states they seem to be....Now I am not stating they cannot be E.T., but I "BELIEVE" they are nothing more than the Devil's way of tricking man into moving away from his plan for us.

Notice I used the highlighting/emphasis with caps for the word, "Believe"....I did this not to be annoying, but to show what I have always done. I state my faith and my belief....although it resounds as a FACT to me and many like myself, it is not a fact that I can prove. This is why it's a theory, albeit one which is constantly driven into the ground by those who "know it all" about E.T. as a reality.

i believe you better let ol JC know what is going on in the world. i think he is snoozing on the savior duties. better wake up the old man too. there is lots of smiting and god damning to be done. :rolleyes:

"Ole JC" never promised anyone a rose garden, sorry. The fact remains that he allowed souls to develop any way they chose to and professed that one day payment will be due for those who decided to ignore his divinity.

... I personally believe in the inter-dimensional malignant theories and because I am a believer in Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior, have faith in what the Word states they seem to be... Now I am not stating they cannot be E.T., but I "BELIEVE" they are nothing more than the Devil's way of tricking man into moving away from his plan for us.

"Advice is what we ask for when we already
know the answer but wish we didn't."
- Erica Jong

I'm wondering where you got your quote. Read much Erica Jong?

The difference between myself and some others on this forum is that I can quote someone who I might not agree with, mainly because I enjoy something they had to say. I don't have to take sides to prove something as I always keep my "opinions" to just that...Opinions in which I alone consider fact and others akin to me who might as well. I will not attack someone else unless they begin the nonsensical approach to proving something which cannot be provable, and then and only then do I sometimes wish I hadn't stooped to that level of degradation.

You see I can use a search engine to look up her name as well, but I needn't do so to state I don't care and just enjoyed a simple quotation, nothing more, nothing less. Again, thanks for your recognizing my signature file as I like to have one which works for me.

No I cannot say that I have.

I just liked what she had to say in this quote and found it off of a "Quote page".....Thanks for noticing.

What I am noticing is that it is a quote from a person who was diametrically opposed to your worldview and value system that you found and liked, but apparently had no interest in the context in which it was said or what it actually represents coming from who it did.

Here is Erica Jong's poem, God is a dog for some clues.

The Devil it seems, is indeed in the details whether that is a video from the space shuttle, a quote found on the Internet, or alleged divinely inspired communications.

That is such an important point to grasp when we talking about something we are going to take into our world-view, belief system, or what have you. What is it? Where did it come from? What does it represent? As opposed to accepting something at face value.

What I am noticing is that it is a quote from a person who was diametrically opposed to your worldview and value system that you found and liked, but apparently had no interest in the context in which it was said or what it actually represents coming from who it did.

Here is Erica Jong's poem, God is a dog for some clues.

The Devil it seems, is indeed in the details whether that is a video from the space shuttle, a quote found on the Internet, or alleged divinely inspired communications.

That is such an important point to grasp when we talking about something we are going to take into our world-view, belief system, or what have you. What is it? Where did it come from? What does it represent? As opposed to accepting something at face value.

LOL! Do you write to these forums merely to see how much people might fall for your hook? Your argument provides for just the sort of close-mindedness I make a point of in this thread. The really sad part about it is you need to attack a signature file because you cannot truly reply to the content within the realm of open minded conjecture. But, alas, the REALLY sad point is that I'm wasting my time replying, so I will stave from doing thus further...

Leave it to say that I'm able to quote my signature file as easily attenuated to the possibility of my direction, and without the need to suffer long and sorrowful jibes and inference for the sake of attention.

You win. LOL!

Wow, I don't have the time to come here as often as I would like to. I am not sure how I managed to post three of the same post. Slow browser I suppose.

Trainedobserver- I don't have the time to go back and forth with you. I know what I believe and am convinced of it.I respect you tendancy toward different methods of investigation. This article was intended to address the STS 75 video. You border on being a troll IMO. A 4000 post troll but still a troll. We don't come here to argue, we come here to DISCUSS.

If we can't come here and freely have an opinion without resistance from you I'll block you and your posts from now on if this is possible. Your barrage of text does nothing to convince me of anything but that you are intent to ignore some possibilities that are out there.
We all have opinions, ideas and insights. I recommend to you that you realize it and respect it.Just because it doesn't fit into your world/scientific view doesn't make it invalid. Just because you can't prove it to yourself does not mean it doesn't exist.

PararealitySaint- We seem to have a few things in common :) I appreciated your comments. For that matter I appreciated all of the constructive input on this thread agreed with or not.

This whole thread has left a bad taste in my mouth. I intended it to be about a video I saw. I never intended it to get all uptight. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Wow, I don't have the time to come here as often as I would like to. I am not sure how I managed to post three of the same post. Slow browser I suppose.

Trainedobserver- I don't have the time to go back and forth with you. I know what I believe and am convinced of it.I respect you tendancy toward different methods of investigation. This article was intended to address the STS 75 video. You border on being a troll IMO. A 4000 post troll but still a troll. We don't come here to argue, we come here to DISCUSS.

If we can't come here and freely have an opinion without resistance from you I'll block you and your posts from now on if this is possible. Your barrage of text does nothing to convince me of anything but that you are intent to ignore some possibilities that are out there.
We all have opinions, ideas and insights. I recommend to you that you realize it and respect it.Just because it doesn't fit into your world/scientific view doesn't make it invalid. Just because you can't prove it to yourself does not mean it doesn't exist.

PararealitySaint- We seem to have a few things in common :) I appreciated your comments. For that matter I appreciated all of the constructive input on this thread agreed with or not.

This whole thread has left a bad taste in my mouth. I intended it to be about a video I saw. I never intended it to get all uptight. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Very eloquently put and thank you very much for your compliment. Honestly, I expect everyone to have some agreement and even disagreement, and openly discussing them without the inferring and negativity is what I believe the Paracast wants us to have to use.

My feelings toward those who condemn others and state their opinions as the only factual answer, is what I have the most problem with. I don't mind those who "believe" that E.T. is out there...honestly, it might just be a distinct possibility....but when someone forces what should be their opinion/theory as set in stone and the only way the information can be defined as, it becomes nothing more than base in it's sincerity.

You have a nice weekend as well.

The really sad part about it is you need to attack a signature file because you cannot truly reply to the content within the realm of open minded conjecture.

I am not "attacking a signature file" by any means. It isn't that I "don't like you using Erica Jong", I thought that was pretty clear. I like her work. I am just pointing out how it appeared incongruous to the statements you have made. It seems to be because you didn't care. I think that is ironic.

Am I wrong to point out that caring about what something is, where it came from, and what means might be important?

Since someone mentioned open mindedness, I ask myself, "What is open mindedness?" I want to know, so that if it is advantageous, I too can be open minded.

Since someone mentioned open mindedness, I ask myself, "What is open mindedness?" I want to know, so that if it is advantageous, I too can be open minded.

Playing the Devils Advocate here..........I think the scientific method has a few, but very serious, drawbacks. It may be good for expounding on already known mechanics, but doesn't make much room for the edge of experience.
I know what I saw, but it doesn't mean a damn to science, and that's what's so frustrating.

If I decide to assasinate someone, I'll make sure there are plenty of witnesses.
Witness testimony cannot be trusted because it's anecdotal, therefore it's not valid. So I get off scott free.
If the Judge and jury has a problem, I'll just show them this video.
They'll be watching it as I fry in the electric chair probably.

But seriously, it is a good video explaining how to be scientifically open-minded, that is if you can't see it, touch it, smell it, feel it, taste it, or measure it,....on demand...........it doesn't exist.

500 years ago the sun went around the earth. You can plainly see the sun move across the sky!
300 years ago there was no such thing as electricity. "Invisible" force making frog legs jump? Impossible!"
200 years ago there was no such thing as radiation."Invisible rays making people sick? Impossible!"
100 years ago there was no such thing a penicillin. "Injecting yourself with nasty old bread MOLD?! to cure a festering wound??? Ludicrous!"

Today, there is no such thing as UFO's. "Aliens/ Interdimensional and/or Time travelers/ Crypto-terrestrials/(fill in the blank) flying around in anti-gravity saucers which is impossible according to physics! Too far to the next star.......too much energy required.....take too long.......why come to a backwoods planet like earth anyway?.............BLABBITY BLABBITY-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH......

LOL!!! I like playing the Devils Advocate!!!

But seriously Trained, that is an excellent video showing how the theoretically perfect frame of mind for science should be. Open minded---but with critical thinking skills.

But seriously Trained, that is an excellent video showing how the theoretically perfect frame of mind for science should be. Open minded---but with critical thinking skills.

That is my point. The only thing we have some tiny control over is our frame of mind. A person has to think about their thinking or it is no thinking at all. Critical thinking, a constant reevaluation of held beliefs with a mind to revise them as necessary, that is to say an open and present mind, are very good things to have.

Back