• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nancy Talbott, Robbert van den Broeke, April 29, 2012

Thanks, Mike. No offense. With so many messages, I didn't catch that one, but it surely confirms what we discovered about Stan.

Just FYI: The number of messages each day has soared to as high as 250 or 300, which makes it that much harder to keep tabs on everything. We try. There's a lot of stuff out there, but it's good to know that my impression about Stan is confirmed elsewhere. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

NP Gene,
I think the quote says it all

Stan then feels the obligation to state that although it might look fake or could easily have been faked, it really is not.He himself has been a mentalist and a magician for some time and on top of that considers himself a sceptic So he knows every trick in the book.

emphasis added

Here is the source of the quote, its in the comments section titled part 3

That sounds to be like an attempt to cover his behind, or, as stage magicians are known to do, direct your attention elsewhere. "It wasn't me, it was the one-armed man." :)

The one armed man reference in the movie is to the television show The Fugitive in which the one armed man killed the good doctor's wife and framed him for it.

I think its telling, that Stan himself says he knows every trick in the book and it could easily be faked.
We are thus left with having to take their word for it its not.

Anyone else think that there is just too much 'mouth' in Jim Carrey's face? lol. He is a great physical comedy actor though. Too much mouth. Grumble grumble....

Wow. That was something. I listened to the last two interviews last night in a paracast double feature. Now I feel like hopping in my car with a new camera, driving over to Holland, knock at the guy's door, give him the camera and watch him veeeery closely.

I've always been kind of sceptical of the whole crop circle business. And these photos look too obviously fake. But at the same time I've heard that psychic stuff from too many credible people to dismiss it out of hand. Some psychics really seem to know stuff they absolutely shouldn't (and modern mediumship research seems to prove that). As Gene posted earlier, I'm entertaining the possibility that he has or had some ability, but when that faded or wasn't exciting enough, he took to producing the photos.

Btw., did anyone ever catch Ted Serios manipulating his "psychic" fotos? I think someone accused him of using miniature fotographs held in front of the camera or something.

I still don't know what to make of Mrs. Talbott's reports on Robbert being accurate about dead relatives, about the paper boy and seeing light phenomena over a field herself. She always seemed a genuine researcher to me. Unfortunately, I can't really write it off to her being protective of Robbert or allowing herself to be deceived. She is either lying or it's true. I don't see any middle ground. But not having been there and seen for myself, I won't say that I absolutely know it's all a hoax.

Kudos to Gene for handling this interview masterfully. It could have gotten nasty. Sometimes I felt a bit like I had tuned into a courtroom radio drama, but you always played fair.

I guess I should mention that Robbert and Stan could have left out the computer expert and mentalist connection. Bit strange for fraudsters. As usual, I'll remain undecided. Maybe there is more to it than meets the eye.

Serios was accused of fraud and depending on which story you believe he was debunked. However, the debunker was also debunked. :p I think he more than likely had some "gifts" but was also (more than likely) also fudging. Anyway, I would be very skeptical of anybody who says they take pictures of the deceased. But, then again, I am a true skeptic. I don't take anybody be they so called "scientifically minded" or "true believers" at face value. ;)

Wow. That was something. I listened to the last two interviews last night in a paracast double feature. Now I feel like hopping in my car with a new camera, driving over to Holland, knock at the guy's door, give him the camera and watch him veeeery closely.

If i was living close by to Robert i probably visit him this week. But i don't unfortunately. A plane flight from Ireland to Holland doesn't cost much probably around 200 euro each way, there and return. I've never been to that country so who knows might end up taking a trip there in the future. You live in Germany right? Be a bit of drive, but least you'll avoid the hassle of booking flights and getting to the airport on time. If you do decide to do this bring a couple of cameras or more it be harder for him to pull a fast one on you then. Also try to limit the number of people involved, if he's friend and other people are there with him. If you can politely ask them to leave. Robert said he only can get theses images to appear on camera, so there is really no need for a big audience. Also make sure some of these images are taken in locations outside of his control.

I'm late with this but just wanted to say that Gene and Chris did an excellent job addressing the Talbott and van den Broeke issues with their initial commentary in the following paracast. I like the way they take points made in the Forum and weave them in with their own observations. It is fun to also hear about the behind-the-scenes action during the interviews.

At the risk of driving Gene mad, I think Billy Meier had some genuine experiences with UFOs. I also think Robbert has had some experiences with genuine crop circles, light balls, etc. That's just my gut feeling. I hope fraud is not at work today and I agree with Gene and Chris that Nancy needs to step back and let others vet Robbert. The credibility of her own important work is dangling at this point.

I won't dispute the possibility that both had real experiences at one time in their lives. They may have been corrupted by the public adulation and decided to fabricate further experiences to spread their 15 minutes of fame to 30 minutes and more. I'll go that far, but by faking any evidence, they put everything they claim into the suspect category. So how can you know?

Yeah, I agree Gene. I hope Robbert--and his friend--will someday agree to the same level of scientific scrutiny that Nancy demands in her crop circle research.

Back