• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Musical Interests

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I hated Ray Stevens' music when I was a kid. Now, I've gotten older and lost enough brain-cells that I'm starting to get it.

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I'm currently crazy about UFO. Apart from that it could be anything from the Kinks to the Pixies to Marvin Gaye to Pink Floyd to Richard & Linda Thompson to Tom Verlaine to The Triffids to The Smiths to The Who to King Missile to David Bowie to....oh and did I mention UFO.

Hey lowtus,

You might like these,

UFO UK Tour 2009

Your gonna love this, the photographer is my uncle and when my wife saw these she just told me she used to hang out with that lot at the Marquee and Purple Pussycat, London.

So the fingerpicker wins 8)

Mark

Follow these instructions:
1. Drink a bottle of wine.

2. Get naked.

3. Play this song and dance.

Trust me, you will enjoy it.

Did Tiny Tim predict "Global Warming?"

Dont quite know why but that Tiny Tim video reminded me of this classic fairy tale and those funny leather clad German arse kicking bands :D

Thanks skunk that cracked me up.

Mark

Just heard this guy for the first time,

Aint it funny how sometimes less can mean so much more.

Mark

He's ace isn't he?! been loving him for a few weeks now! :)

"I started out with nothing and still got most of it left" love that! lol-it's the name of his album:)

Being an old school metal fan myself you would think that i would hate this but i LOVE IT!
Her voice has something that just hits me between the eyes and makes me listen and i like the song to.

Soft Machine. Robert Wyatt, early Gong-Gateful Dead,Airplane, Quicksilver
yeah,old hippie stuff, Sonny Rollins, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Sun Ra,Charlie Parker,Andean folk music, Mercedes Soso,Jimi,Nick Drake, Joe Strummer, ok i'm tired, later

Musical Interests PROG ROCK

Something cute for the prog rock fans:
Here's a vinyl rip of what may possibly be the coolest prog rock tune ever.

This version of King Crimson is brutally good, possibly the best lineup.

When the boys in YES saw them perform they scurried out with their new found inspiration. Also love the Bruford/Wetton/Fripp group that did RED.

Hated Brufords electronic drum phase though, although I saw him in Ottawa for the Earthworks shows and it worked in that genre.

Back