• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Musical Interests

This Irish sounding music is my favourite of the moment, anything that makes me feel warm and fuzzy is always good!:)

..and it's got a real Christmassy feel to it too:p

Never caught Genesis live back then. As far as this curmudgeon is concerned, after Hackett left Genesis completely sold out.

I did spend some time discovering YouTube clips of the band back then. I wonder what Gabriel thinks about that period now ... moments of magic, youthful exuberance, or self-involved indulgence? Or all three?

I wonder what Gabriel thinks about that period now ... moments of magic, youthful exuberance, or self-involved indulgence? Or all three?

I'll go with all three. I think the Belgian TV clips are neat because they were from a time before his costumes. He was only 22 in those clips.

Absolutely. Collins did a decent job filling in for Gabriel but Hackett could not be replaced.

I recall Hackett saying something to the effect that he left Genesis because it had become a spiritual dead end. Don't know enough about him to really know how to take that statement, but at face value I agree completely.

Always loved this particular jam. Bathtub Gin by Phish at their 1997 Festival "The Great Went" They strike such a nice groove in this particular version. Really nice build up and peak.

This video should be of particular interest to this forum. During their 2003 IT festival Phish surprised sleeping wookies with a midnight set from the top of a tower at Loring Air Force base. The light show was siiiick—and inspired by a UFO encounter at the base in 1975. Again, UFOs poking around our nukes?

Here is a montage of some of the madness. The set was about an hour long.

Phish Festival 8 - THE8TRE

God I loved this band, Big Wreck

Ian Thornley is still active but man did thes guys Rock. Just wait till 3mins 51 secs, and foundryman just check that Bass sound WTF :eek:
Oh yeah and listen on headphones if you can LOUD.

And here's another band you all might like, Biffy Clyro from Scotland. What a great intro, supertight. Less is more I guess.

All hail the mighty Stratocaster,

Mark

Is exactly what the title suggests; What kind of music do you listen to? Who are some of your favourite artists? What is your least favourite genre/artist?

Oh...& if you play an instrument, list it too!

Goody.

i'm not quite 30 yet but close.
the first band i ever saw live was NIRVANA; i was 12 years old. they've been pretty much my favorite band "of all time" since i was about 10 years old.
in my early teens i got heavily into punk music and from there experimental music.
i rarely listen to music at home or in the car and much prefer to see music in a live setting. currently i can't really stand rock music except for a few select bands, and i mostly am drawn to improvised performances.

my favorite bands/artists/whatever in no particular order include NIRVANA, SWANS, Melvins, Double Leopards, Macronympha, Giorgi Ligeti, Stockhausen, Robert Johnson, and a host of local luminaries from the area of the country I live in (western Mass).

I love and hate music, but it's incredibly important to me.

I play in a noisy rock band and occasionally do solo or collaborative non-musical performances and I often incorporate Ufological interviews my sets. Several of my recent sets have seen me completely destroying books by Whitley Strieber... they're so cheap to get from the Salvation Army and make great performance fodder.

Good times.

If you like this song, we can never be friends. Friends, I present, r. kelly's, 'Girl, I Want To Get You Pregnant.' This song is not for those who may be predisposed to blowing their own brains out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Just recently found out about Here Come the Mummies. The spouse begged me for weeks to get him their cd's for Xmas.

Back