• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

MUFON - I took the leap.

how long did you stay a member for boomerang, and are the people now at the top of the food chain in the organisation, just in it for the money, whats your opinion please.

My association was for about 5 years. (It's been a long time) I'm not qualified to assess the integrity of MUFON members at higher levels. The general consensus seemed to be that the flow of information in MUFON was very much more bottom up than top down.

What do you want from an organization? Do you want to participate in investigations?
To the extent that it is financially feasible. Of course I can't travel all over the world or even the country, but sightings have happened locally in recent years. I live in NC near the Va line. In the past; I worked as a private investigator for several years and loved it. I've had a life long interest in ufo phenomena etc. I'm now retired; so to some extent I hope to pursue my own interests. Something similar to Mufon Field Investigator sounds good but is Mufon the right choice; and if not, what else is there in that category... ?

Last edited:
To the extent that it is financially feasible. Of course I can't travel all over the world or even the country, but sightings have happened locally in recent years. I live in NC near the Va line. In the past; I worked as a private investigator for several years and loved it. I've had a life long interest in ufo phenomena etc. I'm now retired; so to some extent I hope to pursue my own interests. Something similar to Mufon Field Investigator sounds good but is Mufon the right choice; and if not, what else is there in that category... ?

I think MUFON still has a decent UFO Field Investigator's certificate course. But don't let that get you all excited. It's not as if once you become a certified investigator that you'll get a call and a black helicopter will suddenly land in front of your building to whisk you off to the location of the nearest sighting. Basically, when it comes to UFO sightings, it's all after-the-fact, and unless you've got a large personal budget for travel, don't expect to do much more than gather stories from people.

I've talked with literally hundreds of people over the years and none of their stories have contained sufficient and timely information to justify an on-site investigation. In fact, I think you'll get a better picture of the UFO situation by taking a much more informal approach. The main reason I've talked with hundreds of people is because I've struck-up a conversation and asked them outright whether or not they or anyone they knew has ever seen a UFO. The resulting stories have convinced me that there are plenty of people out there who have seen things that are out of the ordinary, and a few things that can only be described as genuine UFOs ( alien craft ).

The best you might hope for is to be prepared enough so that if you have a UFO experience yourself, you'll have everything on-hand ready to capture the moment, and won't be too stunned by the experience to do it. If you want to contribute something positive to ufology while you're waiting for that elusive UFO experience, you can always volunteer time for some group or another. If I weren't already overburdened with USI, I'd probably see if what CUFOS is up to these days.

Last edited:
I think MUFON still has a decent UFO Field Investigator's certificate course. But don't let that get you all excited. It's not as if once you become a certified investigator that you'll get a call and a black helicopter will suddenly land in front of your building to whisk you off to the location of the nearest sighting. Basically, when it comes to UFO sightings, it's all after-the-fact, and unless you've got a large personal budget for travel, don't expect to do much more than gather stories from people.

I've talked with literally hundreds of people over the years and none of their stories have contained sufficient and timely information to justify an on-site investigation. In fact, I think you'll get a better picture of the UFO situation by taking a much more informal approach. The main reason I've talked with hundreds of people is because I've struck-up a conversation and asked them outright whether or not they or anyone they knew has ever seen a UFO. The resulting stories have convinced me that there are plenty of people out there who have seen things that are out of the ordinary, and a few things that can only be described as genuine UFOs ( alien craft ).

The best you might hope for is to be prepared enough so that if you have a UFO experience yourself, you'll have everything on-hand ready to capture the moment, and won't be too stunned by the experience to do it. If you want to contribute something positive to ufology while you're waiting for that elusive UFO experience, you can always volunteer time for some group or another. If I weren't already overburdened with USI, I'd probably see if what CUFOS is up to these days.

No black helicopters in my front yard? That might be a good thing lol! I've had some of those conversations as well. The particular person I'm thinking about had his experience when he was in the military several years ago. It was an interesting and even believable story, but like you say, after the fact. Still, it would make a good article. I'm only a hop skip and a jump from where the Fayetteville Incident took place a few years ago.

I'm interested in USI whenever you guys get around to processing me in. I'm not getting any younger though 62 :D Either way I'm planning to take the Mufon Field Investigator's course; but I'm a little turned off by the Mufon drama. Drama is great if it involves UFO or Paranormal research, but not so much with office politics. Thanks for responding...

No black helicopters in my front yard? That might be a good thing lol! I've had some of those conversations as well. The particular person I'm thinking about had his experience when he was in the military several years ago. It was an interesting and even believable story, but like you say, after the fact. Still, it would make a good article. I'm only a hop skip and a jump from where the Fayetteville Incident took place a few years ago.

I'm interested in USI whenever you guys get around to processing me in. I'm not getting any younger though 62 :D Either way I'm planning to take the Mufon Field Investigator's course; but I'm a little turned off by the Mufon drama. Drama is great if it involves UFO or Paranormal research, but not so much with office politics. Thanks for responding...

the MUFON FI course is OK. My problem with MUFON has been their execution and their hostility toward working with other organizations. They make the right noises about wanting to investigate UFOs scientifically, but that's not what happens.

or maybe they just dont want to become a free bill board, for other less popular site's whose owners keep siphoning off their readership, with constant links to their sites, its happening here, but obviously genes fine with it.

No worries, HAN. I was agreeing with you and didn't mean to come across as offended. I was using your post as an opportunity to vent a little but and meant it toward the situation, not toward your post at all.

I also 100% agree with this! I've been asked, personally, in the past what it would take to come up with a "degree in paranormal research". The answer is nearly impossible to generate. I mean you could say that it's already been done with parapsychological research conducted through the early to mid 1900's. Or you could argue that such a degree would be a merging, or fabrication of many areas of study, from physics to meteorology to psychology. I can say this, other than an elective, I'm not seeing where 'music' comes into play in that equation.

But again, I digress. The gentleman in question does have extensive history with a known UFO and paranormal research group. If I have a chance to speak with him directly about it, I may stress that he emphasizes this portion of his background and down-play his degree (even if it is a doctorate) in music.

I hear what your saying. I have a doctorate in Ufology which was issued to me in Switzerland by Rt Hon. Billy Meier. So when it comes to UFOS, whatever I say pretty much is law. If you would like to check my "bona fides" I think you'll find they are all present and correct;
IMG_1393.jpg
ps this has not been "hand written on the back of a receipt" as some haters have suggested

I hear what your saying. I have a doctorate in Ufology which was issued to me in Switzerland by Rt Hon. Billy Meier. So when it comes to UFOS, whatever I say pretty much is law. If you would like to check my "bona fides" I think you'll find they are all present and correct;
IMG_1393.jpg
ps this has not been "hand written on the back of a receipt" as some haters have suggested

Well: There you have it. :D

but don't leave until you get your flashlight, pencil case, UFO pin, colouring pencils and the laminated ufo identification sheet;
hansglaseruremberg_4_14_1561.jpg

Not sure we can take another FI right now, but you can e-mail Antonio Paris (director (at) aerial-phenomenon (dot) org) and ask him if you can work with us. We don't have anyone in NC at present.

Not sure we can take another FI right now, but you can e-mail Antonio Paris (director (at) aerial-phenomenon (dot) org) and ask him if you can work with us. We don't have anyone in NC at present.
Thanks! I have related skills from past experiences; and I'm going to take the Mufon FI course anyway. If you don't have anyone in NC, what have you got to lose right? We're all in this world together...

Back