• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 5, 2017 — Women's Roundtable with Erica Lukes, Chase Kloetzke and Kathleen Marden

I could be wrong Jimi but I'm almost certain you've had questions asked by Chris before? Not that it matters a jot - I remember getting a kick first time one of my questions was asked! This show is hands-down the best for audience participation.:)
Nope, not me! I think there's another Jimi in the forum somewhere. I may need to do a name change, esp in view of some very entertaining avatars on here.

Fully agree with you, this is the best podcast I have listened to for audience participation hands down.

Okay, but bias in favor of women exists too among certain groups of women and minorities who openly support the idea of them being chosen purely because of their gender or race. These are so-called "reverse discrimination" cases: Examples: http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlg/vol341/1-36.pdf

I'm sure it's happened. And that's not good and should be guarded for.

What I'm saying is that they are statistically irrelevant.

It's like saying vaccines are harmful. There is a small, but real chance that the vaccine can harm you instead of help you.

But it is statistically irrelevant.

What is more relevant is that it seems to be an artefact of oversensitivity to being threatened. Which comes hand in hand with systemic power differentials that are assumed rather than earned.

Back