• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 27th show 2011

Thanks for the follow up. I was referring of course to the actual physical noise in the recording, a most unfortunate thing. I do recall reading very good things about the book, and I intend to read it. I join you in wishing the guy well. I like the way you dealt with him, you and Gene both. You tried to lighten things up a bit but that didn't seem to work.

I run across situations all the time where people seem to think what they can percieve about a situation at that particular moment is all there is to it. This is an arrogant and shallow approach to life, and it disgusts me. I was guilty of some of that while listening to this show, but a few days and a bit of reflection have brought me to my senses.

The croaking chorus out there needs to do some actual investigation or at least some kind of hard work before judging others.

I met Sauder back in 1995. I obtained a spiral-bound copy of the manuscript for his book Underground Bases and Tunnels: What is the Government trying to Hide? I still maintain that it is (by far) the most complete, well-researched work addressing the subject. I hadn't spoken with him since 2004 and I'm a bit dismayed that he has evidently become bitter and disillusioned about the USA and the state of world affairs. After going through his recent incarceration for peacefully protesting nuclear weapons in ND, and moving to South America, it would seem that he is having a hard time of it. But that doesn't matter to the "holier-than-thou" crowd of scab pickers around here. Obviously the naysayers here at the forum have not familiarized themselves with Sauder's excellent research on underground facilities and prefer to hold our difficult 3 to 5 AM taping session against the man. He is obviously troubled and is struggling in his life--my positive thoughts go out to him and his family--not smarmy, condescending passive/aggressive, editorialized grandstanding.

As i said on page one, i really enjoyed this one, i didnt agree with everything he said, but that didnt detract from the ideas and data i found interesting.
Thanks again to all 3 of you for taping this one, it was full of the sort of out of the box ideas i really like to sink my teeth into

My personal take on all of the technical aspects of the buildings and planes are this....

I am not qualifed to understand what I am looking at. I do not have an engineering degree. I have an emotional link to this subject so I can let those emotions destort the fact that I really don't know what I am talking about in terms of the building failures of 9/11. So I say they fell from the impact of plane impacts.

However, I have more questions then anyone here on this subject IMO and I think people on both sides of those debates lose sight that the whole 9/11 topic does not have to even include those types of debates. I can made far more lucid claims without a building or a plane invloved in the discussion. Sadly, people on both sides of this topic simply are not able to let go of promoting those ideas and debunking those ideas while thinking it shuts down the whole discussion on the topic. There are far more important aspects of the 9/11 events that say we need much further investigation into the events besides the topics brought up over and over again.

Im not going to debate the WTC 7 issue, but im going to post my thoughts on the matter

Personally i think 911 was an attack by islamic extreemists, just as Bali, London and Madrid were.

Prior to 911 there was a foiled attack on the WTC where a truck packed with explosives was parked in the basement garage of the north tower

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing

The 1993 World Trade Center bombing occurred on February 26, 1993, when a truck bomb was detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York City. The 1,500 lb (680 kg) urea nitratehydrogen gas enhanced device<SUP id=cite_ref-0 class=reference>[1]</SUP> was intended to knock the North Tower (Tower One) into the South Tower (Tower Two), bringing both towers down and killing thousands of people.<SUP id=cite_ref-SJC_1998-02-24_1-0 class=reference>[2]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-2 class=reference>[3]</SUP> It failed to do so, but did kill seven people and injured 1,042.

Had this plan worked, it would have looked like a controlled demolition........

WTC 7 might have looked like a controlled demolition, but thats not proof it was an inside job.
If anything given the history its more likely imo, that what we see in the WTC 7 case is a peripheral and seperate part of the same plan that saw the north and south towers taken out by hijacked planes.

Whoa whoa whoa Lance, you can't bring up a topic, drag it out and insult people because of it, and then tell everyone that it's time to quit talking about it. Who says you get to make that call?

I agree with what Chris said about Sauder. Maybe I was harsh to say he has a chip on his shoulder and anything else I said that was too critical. I know what it's like to have anxiety and other issues that twist your thoughts, and can totally throw off your personality. Chris seems like he's got a lot of integrity to me, I feel a little ashamed to have bagged on the guest. I hope the best for him as well.

Hey Dutch,

it'll happen more often than you realize yet, I think it's still a 'civil discussion environment' on here.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

fallen. ;(

My personal take on all of the technical aspects of the buildings and planes are this....

I am not qualifed to understand what I am looking at. I do not have an engineering degree. I have an emotional link to this subject so I can let those emotions destort the fact that I really don't know what I am talking about in terms of the building failures of 9/11. So I say they fell from the impact of plane impacts.

However, I have more questions then anyone here on this subject IMO and I think people on both sides of those debates lose sight that the whole 9/11 topic does not have to even include those types of debates. I can made far more lucid claims without a building or a plane invloved in the discussion. Sadly, people on both sides of this topic simply are not able to let go of promoting those ideas and debunking those ideas while thinking it shuts down the whole discussion on the topic. There are far more important aspects of the 9/11 events that say we need much further investigation into the events besides the topics brought up over and over again.

Cottonzway, thanks for that, as you make extremely valid points without flying off the handle.

I trust that the official report is as truthful as possible without revealing details that would threaten national security, so there is that leaves the possibility that there may have been things omitted but no one can say for sure. I just tune out when people start screaming "it was an inside job" as there is nothing but conjecture pointing to that.
I doubt any president would harm that many Americans and destroy an important part of an important city. However, the event was used as a way to lie to the American public about Iraqi weapons and as a means to get into a war that has cost even more lives.

Anyway, as Lance said, lets' not let this thread get highjacked by 9/11 discussion. If anyone wants to start another thread on the topic, go for it.

About Chris and his reaction to the guest: The more I think of it the more I think Chris thought more highly of the guest before the show. I don't agree with Chris about many things, but in this case I think he was surprised by how ridiculous the guest became at the end.

Several of us have managed to summarize our thoughts on Building 7 in a line or two, and as Dutch said, Lance brought it up.

Lance, it’s probably good that you stay on your porch where nothing weird ever happens, because you clearly lack the courage to confront the unknown with honesty or fairness. Standing there on your porch and shouting insults at people like Chris, who does have the courage and integrity to actually investigate what’s making those weird noises out in the woods? That just makes you look like a petulant child. I find it disgusting.

Several of us have managed to summarize our thoughts on Building 7 in a line or two, and as Dutch said, Lance brought it up.

Lance, it’s probably good that you stay on your porch where nothing weird ever happens, because you clearly lack the courage to confront the unknown with honesty or fairness. Standing there on your porch and shouting insults at people like Chris, who does have the courage and integrity to actually investigate what’s making those weird noises out in the woods? That just makes you look like a petulant child. I find it disgusting.

Actually, Lance has gone out to investigate things. Just because you may not agree with his conclusions, it's unfair to take that away. Same goes for Chris, even though I disagree with his conclusions, he does get out there an look at things. Especially what he's doing in the San Luis Valley. I'm looking forward to seeing what footage he captures, as I know he'll actually share it.

It seems that you have it in for Christopher, Lance. Every chance you get you throw in the "this is the way the show seems to be going" jibe or the "the co-host wholly buys into a lot of stuff that is crazy on the face of it...." quip. It's becoming a tad tiresome. Like him or not, agree with him or disagree, Chris is doing a great job. We all know that you don't believe in any paranormal phenomena, UFOs, pixies or puff the magic dragon or whatever. That makes you extremely biased and far from open minded. If that's how you choose to view the topics raised here, fine. You are entitled to it and you are also entitled to express that same view any time you want. But mate, it's become tedious and old hat to continuously bait him. Or is it Gene you are trying to bait? At any rate i don't think The Gene and Chris combo is going anywhere, anytime soon.

One of the stated goals of the program is to separate the signal from the noise...mission accomplished on this show. This guest is exposed...NOISE.

More noise on the next show. Someone came up with a rarely discussed topic (Djinn) with the hopes of making some money on book and appearances.

Just because the poor man is obviously heading for a Fukushima meltdown, does not invalidate his experience, mostly his prior experience. It might make it more questionable.. on some level.. but I've heard theories that paranormal experiences can make people unstable if they are not well grounded.
If you want to choose skepticism that's fine. I understand that, paranormal things are hard to accept if you've never experienced them, but this is the paracast.. they are going to explore weird unexplainable things and weird people are going to come with that territory.

First of all I really love the show!

but the latest string of guests put this love to the test...

After Dr. John Carterburg now Dr. Richard "Deep Throat" Sauder who steps up to reveal the shocking truth about some hidden agenda...

Now Gene, Chris, I'm not complaining about the way you interview your guests, I am complaining about the way you choose them... C'mon guys, what is this? America's Next Mad Scientist? :D

ok, the guy is hearing voices... so what? I bet there is a pill for that... What I really find annoying is the way he offers proof...

I quote from a 10 (!) part interview which you can find on youtube where he's claiming we're being mind controlled by our food (sic), music and tv...

You need hard evidence? Here we go: "the very fact that we refer to the (tv) shows as "programs" should be a tip off..."

yeah right... I hope he had some "sane" reasons for leaving the states...

pls Gene and Chris, bring back those sane yet entertaining guests that you used to have when I entered the paracast one year ago...

Huh? OMG I am hearing a voice!!! it's a caucasian female voice well educated early 21st century... And the words are loud and clear in my head:

GO TO THE SUPERMARKET! THE FRIDGE IS EMPTY!

spooky...

EDIT: I just noticed that Ellen Guiley is the next guest... thank you! no matter whether you believe or not in ghosts, vampires, demons, undead or now djinns... SHE has a professional attitude and is entertaining at the same time... :)

I have to say that I have no doubt that Sauder is a very bright guy, and some of what he has to say (and no doubt writes about) rings true with a certain amount of truth. Yes, the government has secure facilities -- it has since we entered the nuclear age. Yes, politicians are sock puppets -- blame our system of campaign finance and the control that money wields in politics. Yes -- things look precarious both now and in the future. But, please. This guy has descended into very deeply delusional and paranoid behavior.

having listened to him once before I was quite disappointed with his last interview. When asked about proofs of his claims it always ended up with kind of "I talked with people informed, but I can't say more, etc..", which hardly adds any substantial credibility and doesn't help to make things clearer. Besides, mixing some dramatic events like the petroleum spill offshore the US coast and other ones I can't remenber which can easily be understood because of our greedy economic system which downplays security and environnement care due to tireless low costs policies and some interferences in the communication probably due to the distance with ayahusca or some product of an paranormal intelligence does not plead for a rationnal reasoning, at least on some degree, and despite he might have done some very good research on the particular field of underground bases (I haven't read any of his books so I can't make a viewpoint on them).

His latest blog here

http://eventhorizonchronicle.blogspot.com/2011/04/fukushima-is-horrifically-worse-than.html

If anyone is wondering why hes got it in for the US of A

That is why, on 15 April 2010, I went over the fence and staged a peaceful demonstration on U.S. Air Force nuclear missile silo H-8, at the intersection of 33rd St. And 76th Ave., near Parshall, North Dakota. For this manifestation of creative nonviolence, I was arrested and jailed. For three months I have been incarcerated in the Heart of America Correctional and Treatment Center, located in Rugby, North Dakota, at the precise geographical center of the North American continent.

http://eventhorizonchronicle.blogspot.com/2010/10/serious-message-from-heart-of-america.html

Back