• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lunar Phenomena Show

If you could would you ask Don his opinion on what the astronauts have had to say about what they saw and why does he think that Neil Armstrong has hardly talked about being on the moon.You would think that he would love to talk about such a life changing moment but has been very quiet about what it was like and what he may have seen thank you .

Or William520, you could simply ask me yourself.

Looking at the changes in the various astronauts after returning from the Moon is interesting. On the one hand, an experience like that would change you for the rest of your life. Simply because you stepped on another world would, to me, be a life changing experiece. Not unlike returning from war, ask any veteran that experienced that. But, what if there was more, unknown to the general public, that they experienced? There were rumors that swirled around, at that time, that they witnessed craft on the Moon. Myself, having examined tons of pre-Apollo photographs taken during the Lunar recon missions showed some very unsettling things. And, lets look at what happened with Armstrong and Aldrin after they returned.

Having been the first humans to walk on another world, these guys were geniune American Hero's that could have written their own ticket. Books, speaking engagements, whatever. My God, these guys could have turned themselves into multi-millionaires if they wanted. So, what did they do? Armstrong turned into a recluse, shunning all spotlight ever since. Aldrin became a drunk. Why? What was it that affected them like that? Did they see things that they couldn't speak about? Speculation for sure, but I think that could be the reason. And, the hell of it is we probably will never know.

Decker

If you could would you ask Don his opinion on what the astronauts have had to say about what they saw and why does he think that Neil Armstrong has hardly talked about being on the moon.You would think that he would love to talk about such a life changing moment but has been very quiet about what it was like and what he may have seen thank you .

Another thing to keep in mind when it comes to Armstrong is that he was always a quiet person. His parents found out from the media that their son was going to be the first man to walk on the moon. He did not go out of his way to tell them.

Thank you for answering me Decker i really appreciate it.I would have to agree that it is very strange how their lives have been since such a life changing event .I have always thought that it would be so great if before his death if Neil Armstrong would come out and tell the world if he did see something up there.I also would just like to say that your show and opinions are so great and you are simply one of the best people in this field thank you for all your work :)

What an incredibly interesting and frustrating episode this one has turned out to be.

I wish Don would have gotten more air time. He has spent years looking into this and his opinions are obviously well informed and well thought out. David's breathless delivery and departures into worn out internet conspiracies did nothing but distract from this episode IMHO. I was thinking the same thing Don when you asked, "Can you tell me what the hell this has to do with lunar phenomena?" In fact, I thought that most of the time David was talking.

On top of that David got the Gary McKinnen story wrong. McKinnen was not a computer genius. McKinnen used the most basic exploits imaginable to penetrate those systems. The McKinnen story isn't about a computer genius penetrating the black ice of the Pentagon, its about the incredible inadequate security of the United States government. There is also some speculation that McKinnen was caught by a honey-pot type sting.

Childress referred to John Lear's livingmoon.com material and had to be called on it by Don but still went on about how impressive he finds the site. The whole youTube fake video nonsense! Come on!!! Childress isn't even in the same league as Don Ecker. It must been very frustrating for Don.

Things like the NASA Technical Report R-277, the Vito Saccheri story, the real story behind Hoagland's lunar discoveries, his knowledge of the NASA lunar program only prove that Don had real things to say rather than regurgitating tired and discredited nonsense like John Lear's livingmoon.com nonsense. I came away from the show wanting to hear more of what Don has to say about the subject and less of the Project Camelot-like circus-sideshow material that David was haphazardly throwing out there. What? "More to Adamski than meets the eye?". Sweet Jesus. Tom Beardon is infamous for his pseudo-scientific babble. Excess energy beamed to the moon? What a load of crap. John Lear, Tom Beardon, and George Adamaski. Good grief! Poor Don.

Question: Don, have you ever held any of these high resolution moon images that reportedly show artificial structures in your own hands? Have any of these photographs that have been sent to you over the years been high resolution copies? The one photo that you have referenced that you want to release, is that one a high resolution image?

Question: Since the question was passed off to David and Don didn't get to answer. Don, have you made any efforts to secure any of Japan's or India's moon photographs?

What an incredibly interesting and frustrating episode this one has turned out to be.

Question: Don, have you ever held any of these high resolution moon images that reportedly show artificial structures in your own hands? Have any of these photographs that have been sent to you over the years been high resolution copies? The one photo that you have referenced that you want to release, is that one a high resolution image?

Question: Since the question was passed off to David and Don didn't get to answer. Don, have you made any efforts to secure any of Japan's or India's moon photographs?

To answer your question, yes I have held hi-res photos. The photo you hear me reference that I have held back is one such photograph. In regards to that, I have contacted someone I know in the TV industry about this and currently we are going to meet for lunch this week to discuss a possible Moon special.

As to the show last eve, it had been many years since I had any contact with David and to tell the truth, I was surprised at some of, in my opinion, his sloppy thinking. No reflection on David as a guy, and this is his lively hood but Wow! The Lear reference, the Fred Steckling references, etc. left me rather disillusioned. It is as if the actual mysteries can't/won't stand on their own, you got to "sexy" it up. Well, most of you that have known me here know my attitude about that.

No Observer, I have not contacted either the Japanese or Indians.

Decker

Thanks Don. I certainly hope that you can find a means to present your material soon. You are 100% correct, this material is interesting enough and requires no additional window dressing. After this episode, I can certainly see why you are being cautious about where and when you present your stuff.

Don,

Where would you recommend someone go to read more about the Lunar Phenomena?

Thanks

Well Odinnscout, actually there are a number of different ways to get more information on this. Over the years I have written about this when my wife and I still owned and published UFO Magazine. I suppose the first place to go is to try and find a copy of George Leonard's "Somebody Else is on the Moon." Also, go to the Dark Matters forum here on The Paracast and listen to my Vito Saccheri broadcast, also the shows I did with Jim Sylvan. There are also a number of websites on the net that cover LTP. One is STARpod.org | STARstream Research | Spacetime Threat Assessment Reports , this is a site conducted by Gary Bekkum who is very interested in my research on the Moon. Now, there is another book I would suggest trying to get ahold of, Ingo Swan's "Penetration". You can find a free PDF on the web. Now, why do I suggest that?

Ingo Swan was the "godfather" of the CIA/DIA remote viewing program. Look up his name if you are not familiar with him. The guy is a legend, period. One incident Swan talks about in the book concern what appeared to be a totally black intel org. that hired him to the tune of $1,000. per day to RV what turned out to be the Moon. Now, there will be a number of people here who might scoff at my recommendation of Swan, but I know him, as a matter of fact he came down from NY to hear a lecture I gave on the East Coast, NJ, a few years ago. Later he came out to the West Coast and we met for dinner and spent 4 or 5 hours discussing lunar mysteries over dinner. And, the book will blow your mind.

Let me know how you make out.

Decker

Penetration is available in PDF easy to find via google. My copy doesn't contain any of the drawings that were in the original however. Does anyone have one that does?

I still cannot find an electronic copy of Somebody else is on the moon. All of these out of print UFO books whose authors are now dead need to be preserved to PDF before they crumble into dust IMHO. If someone has a copy of this book I would appreciate if you would contact me. I realize folks might be reluctant to loan their rare books to strangers, however I believe we could arrive at some arrangement that would reassure the owner and get the book into more hands with little effort.

Alternately, although I'm not to the point where I'd want to pay over $100 for a copy of the book, if several folks would like to chip in we could get a hardback copy off Amazon. I would be glad to create a PDF to share with everyone and we could hold a drawing to those who contribute to see who gets the actual book.

Anyone with any thoughts on this effort pro or con, please contact me.

On top of that David got the Gary McKinnen story wrong. McKinnen was not a computer genius. McKinnen used the most basic exploits imaginable to penetrate those systems. The McKinnen story isn't about a computer genius penetrating the black ice of the Pentagon, its about the incredible inadequate security of the United States government. There is also some speculation that McKinnen was caught by a honey-pot type sting.

You are absolutely right. It irritates me when someone wants to recount something without bothering to get the facts straight. It kind of makes you wonder what of their own research was just glossed over.

Anyway, I've written about this before but this is a quick recap. The U.S. government received computers that had pre-installed versions of the windows operating system. These operating systems came pre-configured with an account called "admin" or "administrator". That account did not have a password as it was thought the network administrators would assign it during their configuration process. Well, they just never seemed to get around to it. So, you had a few thousand computers that had this account open and these computers were network shared with other systems that had better direct access security. Thus, you had virtually limitless access to the vast majority of the network. This wouldn't have been a super big deal had it not been for one other overlooked setting. The systems came configured to allow remote access and remote administration. Meaning, you could login as the "admin" or "administrator" account from anywhere on the planet. You just need to find an IP not blocked by a firewall.

Apparently, this was another failing of the U.S. Governments crack network administration staff. There were literally a few hundred such access points for most all U.S. Government agencies.

So basically, McKinnon just freakin' logged in. Thats it. No hack/crack genius needed. No complex brute force algorithms. Hell, you didn't even need to be a programmer. He installed VNC (a free visually based remote access desktop software) so he could see and use other desktop software. He did this because he didn't know enough about scripting and command line functionality to do things quick and sneaky. Instead he went in at night using a 56k dial-up account from British Telcomm and waited up to 4 minutes to view images. Just astounding.

To call this guy a hacker or a computer genius is absurd. He was a very basic systems administrator for a minor company that had noticed the same security vulnerabilities for the OS and one of his jobs was to lock it down. He simply had an idea that maybe it was too mundane of a job and there was a decent likelihood that it would have been put off by overworked (read lazy) government employees. Then he had the balls to try it. You have to also consider that in the UK at the time hacking was a misdemeanor type offense. So you might get X hours community service or the slap on the wrist equivalent. So there really wasn't a good deterrent to dissuade him from trying.

I doubt that there is even one person able to respond to this post that, given the same environment McKinnon had, would not be able to pull this off. After all, you had to log into the forum. Thats how freakin' basic it was.

Ok, so I am putting together a list of features that are associated with this phenomenon. So far I have 4. Please let me know a prominent feature name for more phenomenon so I can find the Lat. and Long. of it. Then I will submit requests to JAXA for HiRes images. Whatever W get from them I will put on a site for download and we can take a closer look.

FeatureLatitudeLongitude
Vallis Schroteri26.2 N50.8 W
Aristarchus Crater23.7 N47.4 W
Alphonsus Crater13.4 S2.8 W
Langrenus Crater8.9 S60.9 W

<tbody>
</tbody>

To call this guy a hacker or a computer genius is absurd.

You have posted an excellent synopsis of that situation Ron. It is absolutely incredible that he has been elevated to the level of "computer genius" or even "idiot savant" for that matter. He is just an idiot who poked the biggest bear on the planet in the crotch.

And this raises the biggest question of all: If he's just a poor schmuck who accidentally stumbled onto something, why all the fuss? Give him a slap on the wrist and be done with it.

It doesn't make sense.

And this raises the biggest question of all: If he's just a poor schmuck who accidentally stumbled onto something, why all the fuss? Give him a slap on the wrist and be done with it.

It doesn't make sense.

You are joking aren't you? Slap on the wrist? He willingly and knowingly dialed into and gained control of computer systems belonging to the United States government without their knowledge or consent. If someone hacked into your computers, took control of them and viewed your private business information you wouldn't be talking about a slap on the wrist would you? What doesn't make sense about that?

If criminals could get off on a "Stupidity Plea" then we wouldn't have a prison problem right now. Yeah, he was stupid bungler who may or may not have seen what he claims to have seen, but he is still a criminal who is fighting not to go to jail for a crime he has already confessed to. I'm sorry he has some medical problems but I don't see how that gives him a free pass.

First offender and all that. You have to consider the criminal's background. He got in because the IT people were dumb. Let it be a wakeup call.

I am a new listener to the Paracast but I can say that I enjoy every time you guys have on Mr. Ecker. I could listen to a conversation on lunar phenomenon for days. I find the whole thing very interesting and after the shows he always has me staring at the moon. Looks like I have allot to read about in this particular thread. I really wish I could get a copy of There's Somebody Else On The Moon. It sounds awesome but everywhere i look for it, Its really expensive. Can't wait to listen to this one.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

OHH forgot to mention/ask is anyone interested in seeing Apollo 18? I know it's just a movie but once again the whole idea is awesome.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

HA! Less than 10 mins into the episode and the movie question was already answered. Guess I should listen before posting.

I have favorite bands that I wish could re-record certain albums. Not that they were bad but because of how good those albums could be. I kinda feel that way about this episode. There is nothing wrong but I just think it could have been much better. I just got lost. I like Mr. Childress but I feel that there were 2 different conversations going on sometimes.

Back