• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lunar Phenomena Show

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Okay all, this Thursday Gene and Chris will be interviewing me and David H. Childress on the Moon and LTP. I tried to get Jim Sylvan but did not have any luck.

So .... this is the place to come to for you to submit any questions you have. We will try to answer them.

So, consider this a "heads up!"

Decker

PS Damn! The title should have read Lunar! not Luner. That is what happens when you don't look as you type ...

Okay all, this Thursday Gene and Chris will be interviewing me and David H. Childress on the Moon and LTP. I tried to get Jim Sylvan but did not have any luck.

So .... this is the place to come to for you to submit any questions you have. We will try to answer them.

So, consider this a "heads up!"

Decker

PS Damn! The title should have read Lunar! not Luner. That is what happens when you don't look as you type ...

YES! This is very exciting news!

Don i know he dropped out of the field but maybe Allan Sturm could really add to the conversation. Those interviews you did on Darkmatters with him were fantastic. Of all the moon anomalies students he really sounded like he was one of the best.
Also if he has completely left the field how about posting some of his findings?

Also how about a page with images so we can visually do a walk along while you do the show. Give us visuals so we can follow along and see for ourselves. That would be great and can't wait.

Also how about a page with images so we can visually do a walk along while you do the show. Give us visuals so we can follow along and see for ourselves. That would be great and can't wait.

Great idea Ward! Is that possible to do Don? It would be greatly appreciated.

What an exciting show. I can't wait.

Question: Given that countries other than the United States have mapped the moon, have you (or anyone else that you know of) made attempts to get Japan's or India's high resolution images of suspect areas?

Question: Do you think that there have been secret military missions to the moon (manned or unmanned) that could explain some of the anomalous objects and activity?

What an exciting show. I can't wait.

Question: Do you think that there have been secret military missions to the moon (manned or unmanned) that could explain some of the anomalous objects and activity?

Sure there have. Remember the Clementine Mission? John Brandenberg was the Director of Clementine's AA during that Op. A completely funded DOD mission, they completely rephotographed the entire lunar body (over 2 million hi-res photos) and damned few ever released. This one we do know about, others? I can't say.

Decker

I have the ULO eBook from Allan Sturm, some of it is a stretch but some of it is quite amazing. What do either guest think about that book?

Is the Aristarchus Crater anything special?

We know that bacterium can survive at least 2.5 years on the lunar surface, Apollo 12 brought some back.
Do you think there are other bacterium or life forms living there right now?

Sure there have. Remember the Clementine Mission? John Brandenberg was the Director of Clementine's AA during that Op. A completely funded DOD mission, they completely rephotographed the entire lunar body (over 2 million hi-res photos) and damned few ever released. This one we do know about, others? I can't say.

Decker

If you have time to figure out how to search the JAXA stuff you can try it. I have spent only about 15 minutes and I can say that it is very cumbersome.

KAGUYA(SELENE) Data Archive

You have to create a user profile and then search the site for the appropriate "Product". But you have to know precisely what you are looking for.

When you manage to get some it looks like this.
jaxa_example.png

Then you go into it and determine what processing you want. with yet another litany of cryptic parameters. I would do this as I think I have it figured out but I need long and lat of an area of interest. If someone can get me that I will try to get some of their images.

Ron

When speaking about TLP you probably have heard me reference NASA Technical Report R-277. The following is the cover of the report if you are not familiar.

Cover.jpg

The following, an example, is from the observations from 1950-55

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

05.jpg

Recall, this report extends from 1540 AD to 1968 AD. This by no means is all the TLP that have been observed, simply what this academic study decided to include.

Decker

Hey Don,

maybe you missed my post, but do you think you could get ahold of Allan Sturm?

And since its a recorded show maybe you could post pictures for all the LTP maybe even of this thread so we could view along while listening to the show.

Ward

Hey Don,

maybe you missed my post, but do you think you could get ahold of Allan Sturm?
And since its a recorded show maybe you could post pictures for all the LTP maybe even of this thread so we could view along while listening to the show.
Ward

Hi Ward. Alan Sturm is among the missing. If you remember a number of months ago, I tried to contact him and nada. He dropped right off the radar. As to posting pictures ... gotta have a place to do it and I don't.

Decker

No specific questions. But I am really looking forward to this one. Some aspects of Clementine certainly beg explanation. Please delve into this murky chapter of lunar exploration.

I'm definitely looking forward to this show.

Don was pretty active during the Clementine era, so there is bound to be some good moon stuff.

And how about those ltp's eh?

Check out this page for some neat ltp's and also there are two ltp catalogs there:

Transient Lunar Phenomenon

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Check out this LTP. It is damn strange:

Really looking forward to the show!

Question: Don what are some of your top pick lunar phenomena events or pics?

Question: Any suggestions on how the public can get NASA to release all those photos from Apollo, Clementine, and other missions?

Hi Ward. Alan Sturm is among the missing. If you remember a number of months ago, I tried to contact him and nada. He dropped right off the radar. As to posting pictures ... gotta have a place to do it and I don't.

Decker

Isn't it Sturm that left the Follow the White Rabbit message on his website when he dropped out?

I am not sure when this was recorded but it was uploaded on Aug 6, 2010

Alan Sturm on Veritas

[URL]http://www.lunomaly.com/
[/URL]

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Here is my Alan Sturm theory. I think he was an incredibly serious guy who spent 6 months analyzing lunar photographs. He was talking to people like Hoagland and Lear and I think he must have gotten a whiff of the absolute bullshit they peddle and suddenly realized he didn't want to be associated with that type of thing.

I have that ULO eBook and this photo is the one that intrigues me.

Attachments

• cogs.jpg
    cogs.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 45
Back