• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Leslie Kean Media

Leslie Kean to take on Stephen Colbert!

Leslie says she is very familiar with Colbert and she is very experienced with media in general... We are proud of her, she has been a NARCAP member since day one in 2000 and a dedicated supporter of our work.... We will see how it goes, I don't expect much from MSM given their performance over the last decade with the wars and the GOP nonsense... Its mainly about getting the word out and she will do that.
I think the Podesta connection is helpful. With her support and initiative we were involved with one of the Podesta initiatives awhile back. Did some briefing of Congressmen and participated in a GAO inquiry on UAP in 2004, that is not commonly known in the UFO field...
In any case, we wish her all the best.

Oy, I think this could go badly. Comedians like Colbert are pretty good at ripping someone up if they want to. Hopefully Leslie is quick on her feet. To have a good showing in this format she's going to have to be.

I enjoy watching the show. Typically I laugh like a school girl at the sarcasm. BUT, I can't help but feel a rather large knot building in my gut.

Leslie says she is very familiar with Colbert and she is very experienced with media in general... We are proud of her, she has been a NARCAP member since day one in 2000 and a dedicated supporter of our work.... We will see how it goes, I don't expect much from MSM given their performance over the last decade with the wars and the GOP nonsense... Its mainly about getting the word out and she will do that.
I think the Podesta connection is helpful. With her support and initiative we were involved with one of the Podesta initiatives awhile back. Did some briefing of Congressmen and participated in a GAO inquiry on UAP in 2004, that is not commonly known in the UFO field...
In any case, we wish her all the best.

As long as she has a good sense of humour about it, she'll do fine.

As long as she has a good sense of humour about it, she'll do fine.

At the end of the day, it's not going to make any difference one way or another in terms of how people will perceive the UFO phenomenon, although it will help Kean sell books (no harm in that), which may change a few minds.

Oy, I think this could go badly. Comedians like Colbert are pretty good at ripping someone up if they want to. Hopefully Leslie is quick on her feet. To have a good showing in this format she's going to have to be.

Aside from a couple of prepared jokes about anchor babies or Arizona folded into questions, Colbert isn't going to hammer her. Kean's position is easily defensible anyway. She's not making any claims that I'm aware of, just passing along accounts from military/aviation professionals.

Thats right, she has been dealing with gov via Podesta and her lawsuit against NASA (that she won, by the way) and has plenty of chops as a career professional investigative journalist. She says she is very familiar with Colbert and I don't think she would do the show if she felt she was taking a risk... The whole point is simply to get the word out about her book. She has done so much activism with respect to helping Fife Symington out of the closet and setting up various media events related to commentary by gov officials that she should do just fine with this... Frankly, after all these years of good work she deserves to make a buck or two off of her book.

I look forward to seeing this. I don't normally watch it but I like him, and her, and so I hope it goes well.
I have to say I'm kind of surprised that the media profile of the book was high enough to even come to that show's attention. It's great that it did. It will only get higher after this airs.

On an unrelated note, I think the show Colbert did with Amy Sedaris about 10 years ago, "Strangers with Candy", was probably one of the best things ever on television!

Leslie Kean and Huffington Post

Hi All,
Leslie Kean's book, "UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record" is currently being featured in the Books section of the Huffington Post. This is very mainstream exposure. Take a look, add a comment and show your support for her efforts. This is a scholarly work and features contributions from Dr. Haines of NARCAP and other excellent researchers, the fact that its getting some solid exposure is great. I hope she makes some money for her hard work over the years. She has been a key player in this game and many of her contributions are not well known. She has been a member of NARCAP since day one and her efforts have made several interesting opportunities for us including a chance to brief Congressmen and participate in a GAO inquiry about UAP - something that most of UFOlogy is completely unaware of.
Take a look:
UFOs 'On The Record': Generals, Pilots And Government Officials Talk About What They Know (PHOTOS)

Hi All,
Leslie Kean's book, "UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record" is currently being featured in the Books section of the Huffington Post. This is very mainstream exposure. Take a look, add a comment and show your support for her efforts. This is a scholarly work and features contributions from Dr. Haines of NARCAP and other excellent researchers, the fact that its getting some solid exposure is great. I hope she makes some money for her hard work over the years. She has been a key player in this game and many of her contributions are not well known. She has been a member of NARCAP since day one and her efforts have made several interesting opportunities for us including a chance to brief Congressmen and participate in a GAO inquiry about UAP - something that most of UFOlogy is completely unaware of.
Take a look:
UFOs 'On The Record': Generals, Pilots And Government Officials Talk About What They Know (PHOTOS)

That is good to hear. Is she on Colbert tonight? What time?

I'm jealous, her book is in the top 400 at Amazon. Kudos and congrats to all her hard work...
Of course, (IMO) its a pipe dream to think--even for a second--that her suggestion for an independent group to "officially" take up where SIGN, GRUDGE, BLUEBOOK or MUFON left off. Yeah, *looks skyward wistfully* ...in a perfect world... I would be a field investigator for the US gov... LOL . Uhh wait a minute! I am (possibly) already an unpaid intelligence asset! I want my samsonite suitcase filled with crumpled ben franklins already!!!

I'm jealous, her book is in the top 400 at Amazon. Kudos and congrats to all her hard work...
Of course, (IMO) its a pipe dream to think--even for a second--that her suggestion for an independent group to "officially" take up where SIGN, GRUDGE, BLUEBOOK or MUFON left off. Yeah, *looks skyward wistfully* ...in a perfect world... I would be a field investigator for the US gov... LOL . Uhh wait a minute! I am (possibly) already an unpaid intelligence asset! I want my samsonite suitcase filled with crumpled ben franklins already!!!

I agree, which is what prompted me to create a thread asking that all this attention be directed at lobbying for funding rather than wasting time with congress and the scientific community. Those people have their minds made up, nothing short of an alien spacecraft or body is going to change it. But there may be one or two more Bob Bigelows out there just waiting to be convinced.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Ha ha, here is one of the Amazon reviews of her book:

BURN IN HELL JAMES OBERG !

I HATE YOU JAMES OBERG !

YOU SUCK !

YOU'RE A DISINFO AGENT !

YOU'RE WORKING FOR THE ALIENS !

AND THE U.S. GOV'T !

HOW MUCH ARE YOU GETTING PAID !

I HOPE IT'S A LOT !

YOU BIG JERK !

I'M GONNA CUT OFF YOUR BIG CAWK !

AND YOU'RE BALLS !

NOT LIKE IT MATTERS !

YOU'RE AN OLD MAN !

YOU CAN BARELY HAVE SEX ANYWAY !

GOOD BYE, MR. OBERG !

He even responded to it (Not a surprise as he has been responding to some of Kean's other reviews):

"This is just sad, and it is in no way the fault of the book or the author -- or of me either. Read her other reviews to see the pattern."

Not going to say it's mature, because it isn't, but it did make me chuckle a little.

BURN IN HELL JAMES OBERG !

I HATE YOU JAMES OBERG !

YOU SUCK !

YOU'RE A DISINFO AGENT !

YOU'RE WORKING FOR THE ALIENS !

AND THE U.S. GOV'T !

HOW MUCH ARE YOU GETTING PAID !

I HOPE IT'S A LOT !

YOU BIG JERK !

I'M GONNA CUT OFF YOUR BIG CAWK !

AND YOU'RE BALLS !

NOT LIKE IT MATTERS !

YOU'RE AN OLD MAN !

YOU CAN BARELY HAVE SEX ANYWAY !

GOOD BYE, MR. OBERG !

He even responded to it (Not a surprise as he has been responding to some of her other reviews):

"This is just sad, and it is in no way the fault of the book or the author -- or of me either. Read her other reviews to see the pattern."

Not going to say it's mature, because it isn't, but it did make me chuckle a little.
ROTFLMAO!!! CHUCKLE A BIT!??? I haven't laughed that hard at my computer screen in years ! LOL
My stomach hurts...

Back