• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Leslie Kean Media

Leslie Kean and Huffington Post

ROTFLMAO!!! CHUCKLE A BIT!??? I haven't laughed that hard at my computer screen in years ! LOL
My stomach hurts...
Yeah, it was pretty good, heh heh. I doubt it will stay there for long though. According to some of his replies to other reviews he is working on some big rebuttal of her book.

BURN IN HELL JAMES OBERG !

I HATE YOU JAMES OBERG !

YOU SUCK !

YOU'RE A DISINFO AGENT !

YOU'RE WORKING FOR THE ALIENS !

AND THE U.S. GOV'T !

HOW MUCH ARE YOU GETTING PAID !

I HOPE IT'S A LOT !

YOU BIG JERK !

I'M GONNA CUT OFF YOUR BIG CAWK !

AND YOU'RE BALLS !

NOT LIKE IT MATTERS !

YOU'RE AN OLD MAN !

YOU CAN BARELY HAVE SEX ANYWAY !

GOOD BYE, MR. OBERG !
Looks like they have a totally different policy on ad hominem attacks there.
Can't we try it here, say for 24h ? mmmh ? :rolleyes:

Kaku on Kean's new book:

Wow, that's the most positive I've seen Kaku on the subject. With each passing year he seems to be getting more comfortable talking about it. But the interviewer pissed me off. :( Even with someone of the stature of Kaku in front of him he couldn't resist turning into a mindless, sneering, dickhead the moment UFOs were mentioned. It just doesn't seem to matter to many of these people who the messenger is. It could be Einstein, Tesla, or even Jesus Christ talking favorably about UFOs and they'd still ridicule them.

Yeah, it was pretty good, heh heh. I doubt it will stay there for long though. According to some of his replies to other reviews he is working on some big rebuttal of her book.
'scuse me while my face turns blue. >>>> O'Brien composes himself... Having dealt w/ the Obergian approach for years, I am sure he will go through the book with a fine-toothed comb and pull out any perceived inconsistency, foible, misstatement, burp and fart to compose an elegant, well-thought out rebuttal to Leslie's years of hard work etc. He's really good at this sort of thing (and well-paid to do so? Lance? Any comment). But, Leslie's merde doesn't stink--as best I can tell, she's dotted her I's and crossed her T's (hats off) and I'm really interested in reading Oberg's rebuttal... especially if it generates that kind of response Wicki posted LOL! IMO That rant was a classic!

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Looks like they have a totally different policy on ad hominem attacks there.
Can't we try it here, say for 24h ? mmmh ? :rolleyes:
I see nothing wrong with posting a review from Amazon (?) Did wikerman write it? Hmm, maybe you have a point here: Wickerman: was that YOUR review of Oberg's response? If so, you are a FUNNY guy and your BANNED!

'scuse me while my face turns blue. >>>> O'Brien composes himself... Having dealt w/ the Obergian approach for years, I am sure he will go through the book with a fine-toothed comb and pull out any perceived inconsistency, foible, misstatement, burp and fart to compose an elegant, well-thought out rebuttal to Leslie's years of hard work etc. He's really good at this sort of thing (and well-paid to do so? Lance? Any comment). But, Leslie's merde doesn't stink--as best I can tell, she's dotted her I's and crossed her T's (hats off) and I'm really interested in reading Oberg's rebuttal... especially if it generates that kind of response Wicki posted LOL! IMO That rant was a classic!

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

I see nothing wrong with posting a review from Amazon (?) Did wikerman write it? Hmm, maybe you have a point here: Wickerman: was that YOUR review of Oberg's response? If so, you are a FUNNY guy and your BANNED!

Nope, wasn't me. She has a few other reviews and they are all of the comical nature. My nick on Amazon is the same as here. :)

That Kaku interview really gets my goat. The guy even pretended to not know how to pronounce his name. How in the hell could he not know who he was?

Nope, wasn't me. She has a few other reviews and they are all of the comical nature. My nick on Amazon is the same as here. :)

That Kaku interview really gets my goat. The guy even pretended to not know how to pronounce his name. How in the hell could he not know who he was?

I don't think Ratigan pretended not to know how to pronounce his name, he just made a mistake. Regardless of that, Ratigan seemed rushed and he really din't afford Kaku the time he deserves. One of my favorite scientists and he was hardly given a chance to talk.

I don't think Ratigan pretended not to know how to pronounce his name, he just made a mistake. Regardless of that, Ratigan seemed rushed and he really din't afford Kaku the time he deserves. One of my favorite scientists and he was hardly given a chance to talk.

That's one of the things that always amuses me about 24 hr. news channels. They've got more time on their hands than anyone else yet there is nobody in the news biz more in a hurry than they are. Interviews on these networks rarely go beyond 5-10 minutes.

Kaku on Kean's new book:

Tops on my credibility list. IMHO, the cosmological perspective is the perfect angle to address ufology and Kaku has mastered it !!

He nails it by softly pushing the idea that civilizations 1,000,000 years ahead of us might not be so interested in us: 'We bring you trinkets' LOLOL

This is way different from a Stanton Friedman dealing with civilizations closer to ours (only 1,000 years ahead) which might be more interested in our development: 'Checking up with the crazy apes in our galactic neighbourhood playing with nukes' ;)

Both are valid ideas but Kaku is a better entry point to general acceptance of the subject. The next step is assessing potential threats 'a la Friedman'.

Leslie was on the Colbert Report tonight (monday) that'll pump her book sales up. Not a bad interview either, she did manage to gently take people by the hand and pull apart the terms UFO and "alien spaceship". The audience applause at the end was pretty loud even for the Colbert audience.

Leslie Kean to take on Stephen Colbert!

I have extracted only the Leslie Kean's interview from "The Colbert Report" aired last night (August 23, 2010).

Here it is:

UPDATE:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Youtube has already removed the link but video is now uploaded officialy so you can now use this link instead:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/351555/august-23-2010/leslie-kean
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Best Wishes

I watched it, and it totally sucked. I do think more people will purchase the book though, so I think thats all the positive that came from it.

I watched it, and it totally sucked. I do think more people will purchase the book though, so I think thats all the positive that came from it.

Wow, that was not what I took from it. I thought she did very well. In fact she did extremely well. Colbert may be a comedian but he is skilled at using his comedic gifts to absolutely eviscerate guests when he wants to. If you watch him regularly you will note that he uses the ultra-conservative character "Steven Colbert" as a satirical device to either support or denigrate an issue. I thought the approach he used made it seem that the real side of Colbert might actually be open to possibilities. I thought she did very well and he actually skipped several opportunities to pounce on her. Others have not faired as well in that chair.

Wow, that was not what I took from it. I thought she did very well. In fact she did extremely well. Colbert may be a comedian but he is skilled at using his comedic gifts to absolutely eviscerate guests when he wants to. If you watch him regularly you will note that he uses the ultra-conservative character "Steven Colbert" as a satirical device to either support or denigrate an issue. I thought the approach he used made it seem that the real side of Colbert might actually be open to possibilities. I thought she did very well and he actually skipped several opportunities to pounce on her. Others have not faired as well in that chair.

I thought she did very well under the few minutes she had. What I meant was I wish Colbert could cut the comedy act for just a little bit.

---------- Post added 08-24-2010 at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-23-2010 at 11:10 PM ----------

RygyWa said:
I thought she did very well under the few minutes she had. What I meant was I wish Colbert could cut the comedy act for just a little bit.

Actually Ron I watched it again and I change my mind, I think it was actually pretty decently done.

I honestly think he's going after her for Kean's Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against NASA that NASA lost and got publicly criticised for.

In the case of Leslie Kean, he's really upped the ante. I think he's on a personal mission to make her appear like a poor researcher. I drew his attention to the document (http://www.freedomofinfo.org/foi/NASA_lawsuit_conclusion.pdf) and he chose not to respond. It's the first time I've not had a response and it speaks volumes. Whether it's personal or encouraged by NASA, who can say? Crapping on her book on Amazon is just low.

Really? You do know that he's on Comedy Central right? If he cut the comedy, he would lose his job. He's always like that, even when it comes to stuff where he can get in trouble, like religion.
It was a great interview, and what he said really showed that he seems to agree to a certain extent with what Kean said. Kean is great because she's written something that makes no assumptions and just presents information. I haven't read the book yet, but I probably will sometime in the next little while.

Leslie Kean and colonel Charles Halt on the Morning Show - August 11, 2010

Dear colleagues.

I have spent good amount of time to locate audio of this and I was successful at the end. I had to check many stations from Premiere Radio Networkt to find the possible podcast archive. But now audios are here, extracted and archived.

At the end I have processed 8 hours of audio from the shows aired at August 11, 12 and 13 and extracted are only UFO references for each day.

Here you go - edited with great care and uploaded.

Radio Station: 92KQRS

August 11th
Interview with Leslie Kean together with col. Charles Halt about book "UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record".
Download link:
ADrive.com Backup

August 12th
Short comments about Leslie's interview from yesterday (August 11th)
Download link:
ADrive.com Backup

August 13th
Host is reading news about Brazilian decision how to handle UFO reports. After that he is reading news about recent release of the UK UFO documents. I love when he shouts "What?!" when he reads portion of alleged Churchill coverup. :)
Download link:
ADrive.com Backup

Best Wishes
Giuliano

I thought she did a good job as well. As Ron said, Colbert can rip people to shreds if they allow him to. I thought she held her own, answered his questions in a concise manner and was not thrown off by his off-the-wall tactics.
BTW, I knew the second she mentioned France he would bite! That was like dangling meat in front of a shark.

Leslie Kean on NPR and Dylan Ratigan 8-24

http://ufosontherecord.com/blog/leslie-kean-on-npr-and-msnbc-tomorrow-aug-24/

WNYC Brian Lehrer Show – NPR radio (morning)
http://beta.wnyc.org/shows/bl/
The show is broadcast in New York City only, as far as I know. I go on at 11:40 am EST
MSNBC/The Dylan Ratigan Show (pm)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31510813/
She is on at 4:45 pm EST, This is the same show that Michio Kaku appeared on today, reviewing her book.

So what do you think, should we merge all the Leslie Kean threads into one?

Its Leslie this and Leslie that

next will be Leslie Kean on THE MOON

Back