• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Sparks

Do You Believe Jim Sparks is a Real Contactee?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No! I Think He Fell for Government Trickery!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
It was an interesting program, but I have a standard in listening to interviews: don't trust anyone who can talk for over an hour without saying "uh" at least once. It means that there is no actual thinking involved. Everything is pat and prepared.

Re: "We respect the fact that this is your planet, not ours," vs, "You belong to us, you are ours," "you" and "yoor planet" are not synonymous. One can read it to say, "You are our children from eons back, but this is your world to do with as you please."

There comes a time when parents must allow their children to learn to live beyond the shell of protection, to take charge of their lives, to make errors and learn by experience. That does not presume disowning and abandoning them.

If aliens had "seeded" Earth with human life, they would have then stepped back and watched, not interfering or aiding other than in dire times. One couild compare it to parents watching as their kids make independent lives for themselves, starting homes and raising families, with mom and dad standing aside and letting them undergo life's highs and lows, and growing in wisdom.

So, do mom and dad refuse to offer help and guidance to their kids when they need it? If they did, they'd be poor parents indeed.

This in no way suggests that I buy the story. However, rejecting it based on misreadings or interpretations is dishonest. Only Mr. Sparks can say what he meant by the seeming contradiction.

IAC, the whole paranormal "field" is rife with nuts, notions and nonsense. It's wise to take it all with a generous helping of skepticism. Ghosts and psychics and channelers, oh my! It's fascinating, but not overly serious.

I question David's empathic ability..

How does Spark's experience with the footprints differ so much from something like the strange floaty half faced girl (for lack of better description).
Why not take a picture of that?
She/it just strolled along and sat there?
The question is rhetorical.
I know why..

The same sort of thing probably applies to Sparks circumstances in a way, however less fleeting they were.. But with that, it's just some bits of grass and some barely imprinted carpet anyways (Probably.. I mean just how greatly can you imprint carpet walking on it?).
I can't say for certain I would have even taken a picture of that.
Hardly proof of squat.

The viles of smelly lung gue on the other hand, yeah probably would have tried to escape with that crap. Then I would have gone to see the doctor.
I could easily see every other person not caring to take that home but I'm not exactly defending Sparks here..
Just discussing the discussing..

IMO he should try and get proof at ALL cost.

The difference between David's experience and Jim's is that Jim had them re occur and no eye witness with him. David's evidence walked away, while Jim cleaned his up.

Anyone find it strange that humans are an open book to greys, thanks to telepathy, yet the greys can't be read by abductees? Answers to questions can't be gotten as an example. Wonder why we can't hide info from them, yet they can from us.

Another obvious question is why when Jim used the example of having understood some experience almost instantly through some telepathic message that these entities gave him (he likened it to having watched a movie, I forget which one he cited), why would they take years to teach him some squiggley lines... ?

Yeah I do wonder why the grays can't be read at the same time they are reading us..
Quite the contrast with someone like Sgt. Cliford Stone who says everything they feel, you feel (could be some other entities). Though it wouldn't be much of a stretch that maybe he did feel what they feel but it was a emotional telepathic projection to drive him into pity..

http://www.projectcamelot.net/interviews.html

But of course I am talking about the guy who claims 57 species on record..
Somehow I doubt even the blackest of the black, corporate Illuminati shadow generals have categorized 57 species lol..

He's one guy I find SO difficult to believe even though he seems sincere IMO.

Rob said:
Another obvious question is why when Jim used the example of having understood some experience almost instantly through some telepathic message that these entities gave him (he likened it to having watched a movie, I forget which one he cited), why would they take years to teach him some squiggley lines... ?

Yes, I've wondered that too.

The Hawk said:
Yeah I do wonder why the grays can't be read at the same time they are reading us..
Quite the contrast with someone like Sgt. Cliford Stone who says everything they feel, you feel (could be some other entities). Though it wouldn't be much of a stretch that maybe he did feel what they feel but it was a emotional telepathic projection to drive him into pity..

http://www.projectcamelot.net/interviews.html

But of course I am talking about the guy who claims 57 species on record..
Somehow I doubt even the blackest of the black, corporate Illuminati shadow generals have categorized 57 species lol..

He's one guy I find SO difficult to believe even though he seems sincere IMO.

Thanks for sharing the link. Although I don't buy Cliff's story, I found it interesting. I haven't seen that interview before.

Nice question on the lung gunk issue. Alas, abduction would be much less mysterious these "beings" succumbed to rules of evidence we use in American court rooms. It doesn't seem to do that. But if they - ET - has been around for a while, as many forms of mythology seems to suggest, they are good at hiding in plain sight.

Most abduction research has to focus on the character of the witness, and similarities of abduction elements between abductees - there's no other way, unless you want to speculate about what seems sensible and reasonable behavior on the part of aliens or their subjects from our own sensible and reasonable perspectives. Who the Hell would know but another alien? On the other hand, does Jim seem like a cult leader...eh...not really - not to me. Is he out to make money on this? It doesn't seem that way. Does he want personal fame and glory. That doesn't seem to be the case either.

Abduction stories pretty much are what they are. I think it's the time, as in all types of research on topics we know little about, we just record the stories. We're writing the cosmic literature review.

What bothers me about Spark's story is his ability not just to record huge amounts of detail (unlike nearly every other abductee), but to deeply 'understand' _why_ they do what they do. He has a screen, and understands immediately it is, indeed, a screen. He is intimately involved with the experience and at the same time has the objectivity to understand it and alien motives. Who can do that - even if you're retrospectively describing an experience with other human beings - at a party, for instance? Who can argue with the logic of alien actions - they're alien, after all. I do suspect Jim's understanding of their motives, however. When you start filling in the blanks from your own, human understanding, I think you begin having internal problems with the story. I think if Sparks did create his story, this is the evidence of it.

Besides the fascinating and entertaining aspects of Jim's stories (I've also listened the C2C interviews), ultimately the message is one of conservation of the planet - and that seems to me almost disappointing. Why go through all that apparent personal trauma just to tell us something we already know? Why be put through that by ETs, the military and/or both? Even if there are "other messages to be revealed", maybe, at a later date, the environment seems to be the main one. How conveinient timing. Imagine if Al Gore added a sequence to his movie where Jim speaks for five minutes of his experiences - would that help to get the message of global warming across in a rational and scientific manner? Forget it.

The Hawk said:
I question David's empathic ability..

How does Spark's experience with the footprints differ so much from something like the strange floaty half faced girl (for lack of better description).
Why not take a picture of that?
She/it just strolled along and sat there?
The question is rhetorical.
I know why..

Well, my experience with that apparition/entity was a one-time thing, and it's not like Bill had a camera sitting around, waiting to be used. I wish he did - it would have been great to be able to take pictures of that thing. We responded to a situation we were not expecting, and we didn't know what to do, it's not like there's some standard protocol for what to do when confronted with the paranormal. Mr. Sparks claims that these experiences were ongoing and often, so it's quite different to be ready for something when you KNOW it's going to happen at some point.

dB

KorMan said:
If aliens had "seeded" Earth with human life, they would have then stepped back and watched, not interfering or aiding other than in dire times. One couild compare it to parents watching as their kids make independent lives for themselves, starting homes and raising families, with mom and dad standing aside and letting them undergo life's highs and lows, and growing in wisdom.

It's tough to assume that we can understand an extraterrestrial agenda, or assume that these beings behave in a way that is compatible with our own experience. If there was a seeding of life on Earth, why assume it was done for our benefit? What makes you think that we're the main focus? For all we know, these creatures could be far more interested in oceanic life, or cows.

Again, trying to determine motives is a slippery slope.

dB

David Biedny said:
It's tough to assume that we can understand an extraterrestrial agenda, or assume that these beings behave in a way that is compatible with our own experience. If there was a seeding of life on Earth, why assume it was done for our benefit? What makes you think that we're the main focus? For all we know, these creatures could be far more interested in oceanic life, or cows.

dB

To expand on what David says: Even if the alleged aliens give you some sort of motive, what makes you think that motive is real and not something designed to misdirect and or confuse us in some fashion?

In fact, what makes you think we could even understand an alien motivation?

This was a much better interview than C2C did.

As Gene said, it's understandable because of the number of interviews Mr Sparks has done that his answers sound scripted. However I think I'd like to hear even more probing and direct questions before I make up my mind.

Where my BS meter moved, is he usually had an answer. Or when he didn't; he deflected it. When David probed further as to why he had no physical evidence, he dropped Linda Moulton Howes' name as having a metal sample that was analyzed. Well gee that's great but ....rather than answer the question directed about his first hand experiences he felt a need to respond with something. I found that interesting and a little problematic.

I listened to the whole show and enjoyed it. I thought Gene and David did a good job.

I am curious if Gene or David ever spoke with Jim about his close encounter friend? Doug is his name I think. Or the possibility of taking a polygraph (or barrage of them as discussed in the C2C interview).

The Hawk said:
Gene and David asked better questions than those.
Half of those are irrelevant or obvious.: "X-Files poster", "writing books", "camera", "movie script" all bad questions. Most of those are questions to ask someone loony for fun. If you see him as on the lower end of the contactee spectrum I question your inteligence or knowledge of the phenomenon.

[SARCASM]Sorry i for got my tags.[/SARCASM]

The fact is... Jim had a great story and to be interested, wanted and sell to people you can't just repeat the same old rhetoric, SO jim adds a few more details to make his story jump out at you.

having alien/ robot grays... Meeting people from the past/future...

The reason he has no proof is because, this never happened...
Jim's story is no more different than Dr.Jonathan Reed story without the ridiculous pictures and goofy alleged Link Artifact ... Jim is smart enough to never show anything of the sort.

Dr.Reed, had many supporters in the ufo field, that would just not look at the evidence and that just wanted fame....
EXAMPLE 1: Jaime Maussan
EXAMPLE 2: Linda Moulton Howe - she backed reed, and also has this so called jim spark's evidence...

Let’s face it... Humans are smart people, and we make up some crazy stuff... Just look at work from J. R. R. Tolkien. I believe his work more than i believe Jim's.

My favourite part was how he was getting irritated and angry by the abductions... which meant he had many opportunities to capture evidence...

I have noticed that the ufo communitie is very naive. I also want to believe, but I am finding it hard. I have never seen any ufo or alien or ghost. I still do believe in them. I have never seen a picture yet that is the smoking gun, I guess i would say the strongest evidence to me is a Mass sighting, but with no photos it is still hard to believe.

I guess i have one question for gene and David... what did you mean at the end when you told Jim that the people that are with him are dragging him away? His publicist?

Favourite part of the interview:
"You, don't even know you Exist!!!"

It's tough to assume that we can understand an extraterrestrial agenda, or assume that these beings behave in a way that is compatible with our own experience.
My comments were pure conjecture. They are as likely to be correct as any other PoV, inasmuch as we have no empirical evidence to support any specific hypothesis.

Reality time: we are one little planet around an average star in the arm of an average galaxy, one of billions of them. There is nothing here that would recommend us to an interstellar species or community (despite Friedman's list of rationales).

The notion that we pose a danger to other worlds and civilizations is piffle. If we achieved the essentially impossible and blew Earth into tiny fragments, the rest of the galaxy wouldn't notice. The worst that might happen is that there'd be a meteor shower on Mars.

Even if we don't blast Earth into pebbles, we are at an impasse re serious space exploration. Ergo, we pose no direct danger to our sector of space. We are an isolated world, 24,808,477,000,000 miles from Proxima Centauri, the nearest star, let alone the nearest star with planets. IMO, it will be centuries before we have the technology to establish a human presence in interstellar space. Our posing a military hazard to other inhabited worlds is just bad sci-fi.

That being the case, why would anyone "out there" give a damn what we do to ourselves?

If we are not descendants of aliens who are here to keep watch on their kin, the only value I can see for Earth and Earthlings is as a zoo, an amusement. And that is certainly not sufficient to justify the time, energy and expense of traveling many light years.

Inasmuch as we know exactly nothing about UFOs and alleged aliens, all opinions and viepoints are "slippery slopes".

In fact, what makes you think we could even understand an alien motivation?
Why do you assume that we cannot?

KorMan said:
Why do you assume that we cannot?

I would assume that David assumes in the same way that I assume that for a human to try and understand the motivations of an alien would be like an ant trying to understand the motivations of an elephant. Key concept here: alien.

Jim's story was completely cookie-cutter, like a thousand other abduction cases. All talk, zero proof. You guys went easy on him.

I completely agree that it's unlikely that anyone off this planet sees us as any kind of a threat. We're simply not advanced enough in our technology to do any damage outside of our own planet.

As to the notion of the Earth not being of interest to any other lifeforms, well, there's a very good chance that this assumption is incorrect. I'll give you one example: the incredible diversity of life on Earth. What if the Earth is, in essence, a genetic bank for this region of our galaxy? The array of different UFOs seen, and the reports of all the diverse types of aliens, reflect the idea that a variety of alien civilizations turn to the Earth as a source of genetic material, in order to replenish their own stocks, or as raw material for engineering new life forms, perhaps for colonization of other planets. Perhaps the "grays" are engineered life that take the role of worker bees here, preparing genetic "orders to go" that are sold/traded for who knows what.

Sure, this is just another offering in the pool of ideas, but heck, what else do we have? In fact, let's say, given the above scenario, that certain high-ranking government members know all about this, and are working in conjunction with these alien beings, perhaps voluntarily, perhaps by coercion. This would explain government secrecy - people don't want to think of themselves as a genetic bank, for sale to the highest bidder. Established world powers would have much to lose by this type of information becoming widespread.

Sure, all viewpoints regarding any aspect of ANY of these topics are slippery slopes. When those slopes are the underlying paths of our lives, what are we to do? We negotiate them because we have nothing else to work with, and I can tell you from my own experiences that even seeing these things - UFOs - provides no answers of any sort - they just create more questions in the mind. I mean, why do you think I'm involved with The Paracast? The big money
icon9.gif
, the groupies
icon10.gif
, recognition? I've already enjoyed a modest degree of fame and visibility in what has been my professional career, and as I've stated before, that career has definitely suffered as a result of my increased involvement of discussion of these topics.

I'm not sure what is going on with this whole UFO situation, but it's something, it has meaning, there's got to be some point to these experiences in my life, and I'll continue to explore and ask questions. It's all I can do.

dB

question for david...

What do you need or want to consider a case credible or better yet real?
Do you pay your guests to come on the show?

Back