• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Sparks

Free episodes:

Do You Believe Jim Sparks is a Real Contactee?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No! I Think He Fell for Government Trickery!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
Well, I stayed up late last night, and listened to the Jim Sparks interview on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell, in its entirety.

Without getting into a long recap of the show, let me just say that I didn't hear any big surprises last night. Primarily, it was a rehashing of everything Mr. Sparks has said already. Art Bell is still infatuated with him, the aliens still want to clean up the planet, they still taught Mr. Sparks the galactic alphabet, and Mr. Sparks is still morphing his analysis into an ET/Time Travelling/Inter-dimensional orgy of Grey workers, True Greys, multi-raced reptilians, USA Military, and I think I even heard him throw a nordic and a hybrid in there as well. Bottom line: If you heard the last interview on C2C, or if you listened to the interview on Kevin Smiths' show from back in Nov-06 (which is available via podcast), then you're up to speed, and you missed nothing really from last night.

There was one phone call at the end, which spoke directly to me. A gentleman called, and found Mr. Sparks claims hard to believe, much to the surprise of Mr. Bell. This caller asked if Mr. Sparks would submit to a myriad of different polygraph exams. Mr. Sparks response was that he understands healthy skepticism, and he thinks that's good, and yes, he would subject himself to a polygraph.

I'm so glad this call came through last night. This is exactly what I'm saying. While my description above may make it seem like I'm a party-pooper in the paranormal realm, I'm not. I think my temperament is like many: I am open-minded about the paranormal, and I will listen to anyone make any claim. But, I review the subject with a very healthy dose of skeptical cynicism.

Mr. Sparks is an amazing interview on the radio. I enjoy him, frankly, and his story mesmerizes me, as I'm sure it does many. But, guys like him have come and gone. If he is telling the truth, then this story is huge. If he is not, then he is a fraud who must be exposed. Either way, evidence needs to be built beyond only his testimony. From that, we can move forward, or away from, Mr. Jim Sparks.

I think he should be subjected to one, or many, polygraph exams. I think he should be interviewed on TheParacast. I think one, or several, UFO researchers out there, absolutely need to jump on this thing, and challenge Mr. Sparks to live up to his word, as given on Coast to Coast AM last night.

Let's begin building some facts, as to whether or not we should be interested in what Jim Sparks has to say.

t

There's a lot of ignorance about lie detection tests . Even the best of the best of the best in the field say at most it's 90-95% accurate done by a really good polygraph examiner.
10% is a HUGE margin of error!
People who fall into that 10% become cursed as such, when
they dont' deserve it.
Don't listen to that Maury Povich bull..
And btw Travis Walton's test doesn't mean squat; in those days polygraph tests were even less accurate.

The Hawk said:
There's a lot of ignorance about lie detection tests . Even the best of the best of the best in the field say at most it's 90-95% accurate done by a really good polygraph examiner.
10% is a HUGE margin of error!
People who fall into that 10% become cursed as such, when
they dont' deserve it.
Don't listen to that Maury Povich bull..
And btw Travis Walton's test doesn't mean squat; in those days polygraph tests were even less accurate.

Hey, let's back up for a second.

First of all, Jim Sparks, and his claims, need to be investigated. Forget about the polygraph for a second. This guy is making extrordinary claims, and it requires extraordinary evidence. Heck, I'll even settle for boring evidence. But personally, I think it's a mistake to sit back and let someone get away with what is potentially fraud. Look, if Mr. Sparks is telling the truth, then there's nothing wrong with selling a book and making a profit. But, if he is NOT telling the truth, then he is committing fraud, and I don't believe that's a victimless crime.

And with that said, I'm not claiming that Mr. Sparks is lying. I'm not claiming that he is, in fact committing fraud. But, I am saying that he is making some very wild, very incredible claims. If we sit back and do nothing, but simply buy it as either the truth, or as entertainment, then THAT, my friend, is truly an ignorant act. At least it is on my part, speaking for myself.

So, as to polygraphs. Mr. Sparks has already AGREED to take one, or several, in his interview last night. What's wrong with moving that process forward? I agree with you, that polygraphs are not 100% accurate. I think the 10% you claim as inaccurate could be fiercly debated (I think I've read it's more like 3%, but anyway), We can agree that certainly, it's not 100% accurate. So what does that mean? Well, in a court of law, that means that these tests are inadmissable. But, in the court of public opinion, I will have to disagree with you. It is fair game. Let's allow a polygraph expert to tell us what the deviation is, and perhaps, we can counter-balance that with a multitude of tests, and even a multitude of polygraph experts. But, to simply ignore Mr. Sparks agreement to take a polygraph? Well, that's just plain stupid. Let's see it through.

And, a polygraph isn't really my whole point on this thread:

A polygraph (or several) would be one avenue. But also, does he still possess that black, sticky goo in a jar he described to Art Bell last night, the gift that the Greys gave him, which allegedly came from his blackened smokers lungs? Also, what about that other eye-witness from the last interview at a mass-abduction? Can this person come forward, corroborate his testimony, and even perhaps subject himself to a polygraph, and provide any physical or circumstantial evidence that he might have? What about the ex-wife? Can she be interviewed to validate his descriptions of past experiences? What about other family and friends that certainly were around at the time of these experiences? Can they be brought forward for testimony? Given the nature of Mr. Sparks claims, all outlined in his public testimony, and in his written book, all of this is fair game to investigate.

So, my point is this: Mr. Sparks needs to be investigated.

One final point. Let's talk specifics about Travis Walton. There was a second polygraph, sponsored by skeptic Jerry Black, and performed by polygraph expert Cy Gilson, in 1993, using newer, more modern technology. I'll let the experts words speak for themselves, as quoted here:

"...The computer*based analysis returned a posterior probability of truthfulness of .964 in the first series, and a .961 in the second series. These indicating that charts like these produced in each series, by Mr. Walton, are produced by truthful examinees 96% of the time..."

And those are the facts, my friend.

If anyone runs across a link to the follow-up interview on C2C with Jim Spark please post it. I was not able to listen to the live broadcast either.

I am still looking forward to hearing him on the Paracast with Gene and David. I do find his story fascinating - it has all the great makings of a SCI-FI movie. Either he has been the victim of some life altering experiences - with some very incredible revolutions. Or he is delusional at best - and it is really not healthy to encourage the mentally ill. To his credit he is willing to subject himself to polygraphs - and open to entertaining skepticism, which is more then I can say about some people we have heard from before.

To David:

Yeah the hat thing doesn't surprise me actually.
I've read a dozen or so abduction account's with grays actually showing up with hats on. Then there's for example Jeff Ritzmann's experiences with the black bedsheets and whatnot ending with a gray/or similar species showing up in his room with a hat on. Or Whitley Strieber's encounter with a gray that had a hat on. And at least one of Jim Sparks own experiences included a gray with a hat on.

To Tomlevine1 and whoever:

I'm not saying he shouldn't take polygraphs I'm just pointing out not to put much faith in them. For the Travis Walton case and with Jim Sparks. The more polygraphs they could put Jim Sparks through the better.
For me from what I know of polygraphs it would take about 3+ all in a row passing or 3+ all in a row fail from various expert examiners to persuade me much in either direction. Even then I would say dont' be quick to label completely credible or completely not credible.

Polygraphs aside I find his story is quite a powerful one consistent with the majority of credible abductees (by grays) on many nuances. To make it all up and be that accurate he would had to have studied the phenomenon pretty well. And I can't imagine a motive other than attention grabbing combined with a possible environmental protection motive?

He certainly didn't pick the optimum way of pushing such an agenda and he let his book sit in limbo for 8 years. If he's a liar he's quite the accomplished one and possibly worth listening to anyways (as a story) if one wants a pieced together abduction story with all the details normally associated with grays. Not to give a positive spin to liars but we don't know either way, and we will probably never know as is with most abductees.

People need to understand that IF the phenomenon is real and is really happening to millions of people then unfortunately the one piece of true understanding that we do seem to have is that the abductors have absolute control and the evidence of this; is the LACK OF EVIDENCE.

Therefore we can deduce that if Jim Sparks is a real abductee then his ability to truly prove himself will probably be just about as worthless as a non abductee who made it all up. Though admittedly, if anyone has a good chance at getting evidence it should be someone in his position (assuming that position is real).

David Biedny said:
You can listen to the last 8 weeks or so of C2C here:

680 CJOB - Winnipeg's News & Information Leader

I've been listening to the the interview from last night, and you'll be happy to know that the entities are really, really interested in...

Hats.

We'll have an interesting talk with Mr. Sparks, rest assured.

dB

Thanks a billion for the link.

I couldn't figure out how to listen to Art's show however. Do you have to join to do so?

David Biedny said:
You can listen to the last 8 weeks or so of C2C here:

680 CJOB - Winnipeg's News & Information Leader

I've been listening to the the interview from last night, and you'll be happy to know that the entities are really, really interested in...

Hats.

We'll have an interesting talk with Mr. Sparks, rest assured.

dB

LOL! Yes, right! I forgot about the hats.

Boy, I'd love to hear Mr. Sparks interviewed on TheParacast. I enjoy you guys immensely.
Sincerely, t

Thanks for the Link David - I am looking forward to the upcoming interview and some challenging questions for Mr. Sparks. Something tells me Art Bell didn't challenge Jim anymore this time around then he did on the previous show.

All the same I am still interested in listening to the follow-up interview.

The Hawk said:
To David:

Yeah the hat thing doesn't surprise me actually.
I've read a dozen or so abduction account's with grays actually showing up with hats on. Then there's for example Jeff Ritzmann's experiences with the black bedsheets and whatnot ending with a gray/or similar species showing up in his room with a hat on. Or Whitley Strieber's encounter with a gray that had a hat on. And at least one of Jim Sparks own experiences included a gray with a hat on.

To Tomlevine1 and whoever:

I'm not saying he shouldn't take polygraphs I'm just pointing out not to put much faith in them. For the Travis Walton case and with Jim Sparks. The more polygraphs they could put Jim Sparks through the better.
For me from what I know of polygraphs it would take about 3+ all in a row passing or 3+ all in a row fail from various expert examiners to persuade me much in either direction. Even then I would say dont' be quick to label completely credible or completely not credible.

Polygraphs aside I find his story is quite a powerful one consistent with the majority of credible abductees (by grays) on many nuances. To make it all up and be that accurate he would had to have studied the phenomenon pretty well. And I can't imagine a motive other than attention grabbing combined with a possible environmental protection motive?

He certainly didn't pick the optimum way of pushing such an agenda and he let his book sit in limbo for 8 years. If he's a liar he's quite the accomplished one and possibly worth listening to anyways (as a story) if one wants a pieced together abduction story with all the details normally associated with grays. Not to give a positive spin to liars but we don't know either way, and we will probably never know as is with most abductees.

People need to understand that IF the phenomenon is real and is really happening to millions of people then unfortunately the one piece of true understanding that we do seem to have is that the abductors have absolute control and the evidence of this; is the LACK OF EVIDENCE.

Therefore we can deduce that if Jim Sparks is a real abductee then his ability to truly prove himself will probably be just about as worthless as a non abductee who made it all up. Though admittedly, if anyone has a good chance at getting evidence it should be someone in his position (assuming that position is real).

I think we have some common ground: Your sentiment on polygraphs is definitely noted. It would be scary foolish to hang your hat (pun intended) on something as circumstantial as a polygraph. I also agree in the wisdom of using caution, when it comes to labeling others with absolutes (such as completely credible or uncredible based on one or several polygraphs). I also agree that Mr. Sparks story is compelling, and that's why, perhaps, it intrigues me to the point of discussion on this forum. Furthermore, your analysis of possible Mr. Sparks explanations is interesting and insightful, as is your thoughts on the general subject of the phenomenon at large.

With that framework in mind, a thorough investigation should still be pursued into the empirical facts of the Jim Sparks story. While evidence may be elusive in cases like this, it's still necessary, and the primary role of 3rd party independent investigators.

We have folks like Stan Friedman and Richard Dolan, and even Budd Hopkins for example. We have Linda Moulton Howe and UFOMAG, and even our friend Royce Myers. All of them add a dimension to these cases, that allow us to examine them beyond the single testimony of one individual. All of them gather different information, different facts, from different angles.

Hopefully, once all of it is gathered and ultimately presented in various books, articles, and media appearances, we will be in a better position to judge Mr. Sparks claims. Just looking at the polygraph alone would be a mistake. But, add it to a growing body of evidence gathered from various 3rd parties, and I think it all contributes to the whole picture. That whole picture in the end, will likely be comprised of shades of grey (no pun intended), but that's okay. At least our depth of understanding Jim Sparks and his claims will be enhanced and enlightened.

Ok, figured out the site and found Art finally. His broadcast time changed, or they don't air him live etc. They have him on at Midnight 7 days a week. He used to come on much earlier on Sundays. Like 9pm (my time est).

tomlevine1 said:
Right, that's true. The intial polygraph of Walton was also mired in controversy. The fact is that a total of 13 polygraphs were taken relating to this case. Dallis was rendered inconclusive, and Waltons initial polygraph failed. It should be noted that follow up polygraphs, conducted by a different examiner, resulted in passing grades from Travis Walton, and his parents

Travis Walton (UFO witness) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Travis Walton UFO Abduction Case - UFO Evidence

On another note, under the direction of Sherriff Gillespie, the eye witnesses (excepting witness Dallis, who's results were rendered invalid), all passed their polygraphs, enough to convince the Sherriff that the UFO explanation was truthful. While a polygraph cannot be used in a court of law, they are compelling.

Which is why I mention it with Sparks. If he were to take a polygraph, and if he were to pass, that would be as compellling as the Walton case. That would make Sparks more than someone just trying to sell a book and "save the environment". Without something as compelling as a polygraph, I have a hard time believing him at his word.

I've heard different things about the inconclusive results. One story says it was the witness that was crying, and so he was too emotional and therefore made it inconclusive. Another is that it's Dallis and he didn't complete it due to some other legal problems pertaining to forged checks in which Travis and their boss was involved in. I haven't been able to figure out which is true unfortunately.

I'm interested in hearing Spark's friend that has been involved in the close encounters.

I'm far from convinced of Spark's story. A lot of it doesn't add up, but I will not dismiss it quite yet.

The Hawk said:
" ..A lot of it doesn't add up.."

Like what?
The time travel thing is ..odd..
but what else?

In brief:

Obvious and crappy holograms over faces. Why when they can do screen memories, or wipes? (I'll touch on his anger issue in a sec). Some may disagree, but I think they'd have better holograms if they were to use them.

Sorry, anytime I hear reptoids, it's bad news from my experience. Most cases of reptoids turn out to be bunk in my experience. And at best, just inconclusive. Especially the kind he describes which has similarities AND differences to popular lore. It's as if he is regurgitating lore with his little spin on it. Just how it seems to me, nothing I try to convert people into seeing the same as me on.

Anger and hate make him recall. He is NOT unique in hating the greys. His claim is just as easily a sham to get himself out of hypnotic regression sessions and the debunking arguments of suggestion as it is the truth. It seems weak to me.

Aliens are concerned with the environment, yet they don't give him proof that he can show in order to convince society to take him and their message seriously. If I want this sort of thing, I'll go play on Billy's farm.

Lack of physical evidence.

Inconsistent with other abductees who have better evidence to support them.

In one of the interviews recently posted Jim stammers and seems caught with his pants down when faced with a logical question at the end of the show. He pulls a political evasive maneuver and answers a question not asked instead.

There's more, but the details I need to refresh myself on. I haven't listened to the recent interview yet, this is based on memory of what I've read and heard over the years.

There's pink flags. Not red to me yet. But it is a dark pink...

If anyone knows of some actual evidence to support his claims, please post. So far I just hear stories from him and him alone. Other witnesses, medical documents, pics, vids, scoop marks, trace case, anything other than anecdotes would be great. If not, I'm better off with contacting Debbie Jordan and talking about greys with her maybe. The Paracast show should be good though. Better questions are usually asked etc.

I don't see any inconsistencies with Sparks versus other seemingly credible abductees. What do you perceive to be inconsistent?
The only unique aspect I see is his adept ability for conscious recall.

Enviromental messages are the norm for contactees.
Is it a discredit that so many supposed "contactees" have the same thing to say and they never are given proof?
Perhaps, perhaps not..
Maybe we can't understand alien logic..
Sparks did address his high frustration and distain for their manner of thought in the first C2C interview.

The Hawk said:
I don't see any inconsistencies with Sparks versus other seemingly credible abductees. What do you perceive to be inconsistent?
The only unique aspect I see is his adept ability for conscious recall.

Enviromental messages are the norm for contactees.
Is it a discredit that so many supposed "contactees" have the same thing to say and they never are given proof?
Perhaps, perhaps not..
Maybe we can't understand alien logic..
Sparks did address his high frustration and distain for their manner of thought in the first C2C interview.

I'm in the process of listening to the new interview. So far, rehash.

I might touch on the differences later (after his appearance). I prefer to keep them as controls. Last thing I care to do is to add to the hoaxer knowledge base. Plus, it would be quite time consuming and I have much of the show to finish up at the moment. Most of it can be found via Hopkin's, Jacobs', Fowler, Mack and Carpenter's work. As well as my own, but I have no books out and probably won't anytime soon, if ever. So, this just benefits no one but me perhaps, but thought I'd mention it for the heck of it.

His similarities with "contactee" cases is one of the things that worries me. I know of NO contactee case that is convincing. I do know of many that are clearly bogus however. If anyone has some good ones, feel free to point me in their direction. I have found none myself, but that doesn't mean they don't exist of course.

I have no problem with people giving him the time of day, just be careful it isn't night when you do it is all.

Almost done listening to the show...

Ok, Art ask Jim about the aliens creating us, then Jim talks about Nazis in other dimensions. What's the connection with that? I must have missed something. I played it back, and still made no sense out of it. Anyone shed light on this for me please? It's as if he is answering another question asked sometime before of "why him", but they seem to get twisted together and answer neither question in the end.

I heard the hat bit before. Not sure if it was from Jim or someone else though.

Guess the Aliens took their "gift" back from Jim. Anyone know how old he was when he was given this gift? Or how long he had smoked up to that point?

A.LeClair said:
Almost done listening to the show...

Ok, Art ask Jim about the aliens creating us, then Jim talks about Nazis in other dimensions. What's the connection with that? I must have missed something. I played it back, and still made no sense out of it. Anyone shed light on this for me please? It's as if he is answering another question asked sometime before of "why him", but they seem to get twisted together and answer neither question in the end.

I heard the hat bit before. Not sure if it was from Jim or someone else though.

Guess the Aliens took their "gift" back from Jim. Anyone know how old he was when he was given this gift? Or how long he had smoked up to that point?

A.:

I think I remember that spot in the interview. My impression was that it sounded like Sparks was getting tired. That struck me as odd as well, but I was listening live, so I let it go and moved on with the interview.

Here's my recollection of the Nazi reference having to do with the "why me" explanation: I believe he alleged that the ET's had shown him various images going back in time, of people who he claimed looked like him. There was the guy in Germany who was fighting for the Nazi's, and then a guy in medieval times that got drunk at a wooden table, and then a guy during the Roman era watching a Senate debate...I think he made a few more references until he finally got to ape-man creatures, who apparently were his/our long lost missing link. That led Mr. Sparks to a panspermia-type explanation...That ET are our creators essentially...Art Bell loved that.

Back to my evidence-gathering point: It would seem to me, that some of these holograms described by Mr. Sparks, can be cross-referenced. Since Mr. Sparks remembers these experiences in such extremely vivid detail, then it should not be a problem for someone to isolate specific information about these holograms, perhaps under hypnosis. That evidence can be cross-referenced with historical records. A researcher could identify consistencies, or inconsistencies, with Mr. Sparks movie-like references to past historical events.

There's lots to be investigated, isn't there...

Something strikes me about the Sparks reality...I'm trying to put my hands around it. It's not a pandoras' box...It's the opposite. I know there's an anologous word or object to fit with my sense of this explanation, but I can't think of it off-hand...Everything Mr. Sparks discusses seems to neatly cover every topic in the paranormal field...All things considered in this arena, all things imagined, are touched upon by Mr. Sparks. All the what-ifs are provided for, and satisfied. Everything ties together in his world. I find that terribly seductive, don't you?

Well if he really has spent time with aliens nearly once or twice a week with near full recall for 18 years I would expect him to have A LOT of information.
Seductive configuration of information? yes..
Strange considering the circumstance? no..

To enlighten on the Nazi stuff he mentioned (but didn't have time to go into). To boil it down: More than once on a gray's ship there were Nazi soldiers and it freaked him out. So he assumes it's some sort of weird timeline thing going on.

That would certainly mess with anyone's head.
Perhaps too hard to believe.. But I still find the multiple time travelers coming back to see him specifically; 5 times harder to believe than real live Nazis on a alien ship 5 decades out of place.

tomlevine1 said:
A.:

I think I remember that spot in the interview. My impression was that it sounded like Sparks was getting tired. That struck me as odd as well, but I was listening live, so I let it go and moved on with the interview.

Here's my recollection of the Nazi reference having to do with the "why me" explanation: I believe he alleged that the ET's had shown him various images going back in time, of people who he claimed looked like him. There was the guy in Germany who was fighting for the Nazi's, and then a guy in medieval times that got drunk at a wooden table, and then a guy during the Roman era watching a Senate debate...I think he made a few more references until he finally got to ape-man creatures, who apparently were his/our long lost missing link. That led Mr. Sparks to a panspermia-type explanation...That ET are our creators essentially...Art Bell loved that.

Back to my evidence-gathering point: It would seem to me, that some of these holograms described by Mr. Sparks, can be cross-referenced. Since Mr. Sparks remembers these experiences in such extremely vivid detail, then it should not be a problem for someone to isolate specific information about these holograms, perhaps under hypnosis. That evidence can be cross-referenced with historical records. A researcher could identify consistencies, or inconsistencies, with Mr. Sparks movie-like references to past historical events.

There's lots to be investigated, isn't there...

Something strikes me about the Sparks reality...I'm trying to put my hands around it. It's not a pandoras' box...It's the opposite. I know there's an anologous word or object to fit with my sense of this explanation, but I can't think of it off-hand...Everything Mr. Sparks discusses seems to neatly cover every topic in the paranormal field...All things considered in this arena, all things imagined, are touched upon by Mr. Sparks. All the what-ifs are provided for, and satisfied. Everything ties together in his world. I find that terribly seductive, don't you?

Thanks for giving me your take on the matter.

I found his answers sorely lacking and raised more questions, while not being backed up by anything. I also find it lacking in things to actually investigate. Just my take on it, nothing I care to dispute with anyone really. The hologram history deal would be very hard to confirm, but if one is inclined, great. I make this remark on the bases of the show I heard recently alone. If there's more details like names and dates etc. elsewhere, that would make things easier.

The thing about this case is, it's hard to disprove or prove. Anyone that doesn't want to believe will be able to poke holes in it, and those that want to believe will be able to fill them in to their satisfaction. Meanwhile nothing really confirming gets done. It's just a story without any weight with me right now.

This guy has been around awhile, I was surprised he hasn't taken a polygraph test yet. He says he would. I might mention this to some researchers I correspond with and see if they might take him up on the offer. Within the context of the issue of polygraphs, his reply indicated he would take a barrage of them, not just one btw. Multiple polygraphs have a fair amount of weight with me in terms of evidence (not proof) of conscious deceit. Just one, usually doesn't.

I'm mostly interested in his eyewitness friend for now. Since he no longer has his "gift" seemingly.

Back