• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Sparks

Free episodes:

Do You Believe Jim Sparks is a Real Contactee?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No! I Think He Fell for Government Trickery!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
A.LeClair said:
I might mention this to some researchers I correspond with and see if they might take him up on the offer.

I agree with your concerns. I've spoken via email to Williiam Birnes and Stanton Friedman. I'd like to see Sparks undergo a polygraph (or two or three). Hopefully, we'll be able to track down someone in the field that would like to carry this through to the next step.
t

I always feel uncomfortable about someone who _knows_ the answers - and Sparks claims to know more than nearly any other abductee I've ever heard. Anecdotal? To be fair, aren't all stories of abduction ultimately purely anecdotal? If I was cynical, I'd say he combines the best of the 50's contactee lore (it's the environment, stupid) with the best of the hard-edged Jacobs/Hopkins abductee perspective - sort of an edgy novel with a happy ending - something for everyone. "Yeah, they're trying to save us from ourselves...kinda...and we have one more (but only one more) chance...maybe." It's as good as it gets for an interview (lots and lots of detail), I just have no idea how close it comes to the truth. One thing is true however: if he can fill seven hours for Art Bell, he can 'out talk' any ten interviewers.

I'm glad you guys are getting Jim on... I heard him on C2C and was getting irritated, because they never asked the guy any hard questions. They just are in awe of the BS stories he claims... Where the Heck is the proof.

Please, please, please... do what you guys do best and get the truth.
Gene and David, you guys kick ass. I back you guys fully. I also find it funny how Korff is now attacking you... that dude is hilarious.

I would also like to have you guys try and get that crazy Red Elk on if you can. He was on C2C again the other day and he was spouting his BS crazy talk. He has no proof, just really good story telling skillz. that's right skillz with a 'Z'.

I will also say this... I listen to C2C for entertainment, 99.9% of the stuff that goes on that radio is BS, and I haven't heard one caller on that show with an ounce of sanity.

keep it up fellas...
how about another Gene and David VS MH #3.... lol that would be awesome....

You don't have any proof it's real OR that it's BS so calling it BS is a insult to yourself not him IMO. And with anything paranormal or alien you will find solid proof very hard to come by. Doesn't necessarily mean it's not real phenomenon. It's like trying to get a physical sample of a ghost.
I'm selfish on the topic myself, even with cryptids.
I understand skepticism but I will not condem without very solid evidence too condem.
I want proof either direction and proof for the world because I know it will reshape our culture.
Don't get me near a Bigfoot or I swear to God, I'll strangle it myself; out of bent up frustration with this crap.

You obviously don't get it... you came back at me with a Michael Horn defense. It is not OUR job to prove this garbage is real, it is their job to show us the proof.

Case and point.... over the past week on C2C they have asked all their viewers to go outside and look into skies and wish for signs... then George claims that they were getting thousands of emails.... WELL... where is all the proof. You are telling me not ONE person of the 1000 have a camera... HA.

I'm not saying UFOs or aliens don't exist, but where is the solid proof.
The quality of pics should be growing exponentially with our exponential growth in technology....

Who said it's our job to prove this stuff is real?
Not me.
It's not our job to 'prove' that abductees are fakers either.
Though it's good that there are people out there to investigate people with extraordinary claims..
A case isn't BS! or real!
That's what I call the counter productive skeptic or the bipolar scientist.
It's UNKNOWN until you have enough information.
"Condemnation without investigation is the hight of ignorance." -Albert Einstein

Recon said:
Case and point.... over the past week on C2C they have asked all their viewers to go outside and look into skies and wish for signs... then George claims that they were getting thousands of emails.... WELL... where is all the proof. You are telling me not ONE person of the 1000 have a camera... HA....

I went to NUFORC and checked to see if there was any unusual reporting activity on the evening that Art Bell conducted his "consciousness" experiment with UFOs. I know Art said that he received literally thousands of emails...But NUFORC apparently did not receive an abnormal number of reports that night. actually, FEBRUARY-07 was a rather slow month for reporting. Feb-07 got 157 reports, as compared to 386 in January, 343 in December, 369 in November, etc.

On that subject, Mr. Bell has been announcing this huge wave of UFO activity around the world. I'd like to see that perception quantified. If there is a huge wave, it certainly is not being reflected in the NUFORC reporting database.

tomlevine1 said:
I went to NUFORC
On that subject, Mr. Bell has been announcing this huge wave of UFO activity around the world. I'd like to see that perception quantified. If there is a huge wave, it certainly is not being reflected in the NUFORC reporting database.

Thanks for the update tom. I love how art never mentions the facts.
Fact 1: there are NO pictures.
Fact 2: there are NO increases in reports.

This is just it, I do not doubt that C2C has Thousands of fans, but MOST callers are insane and the open line shows are almost un-listenable. There were even a few cases where you could tell they were reading from a script and one case a dud even said, oops sorry my cat is sitting on my script. LOL.

Should be good, MH is on wednesday. lol.

The Hawk said:
Who said it's our job to prove this stuff is real?
Not me.
It's not our job to 'prove' that abductees are fakers either.
Though it's good that there are people out there to investigate people with extraordinary claims..
A case isn't BS! or real!
That's what I call the counter productive skeptic or the bipolar scientist.
It's UNKNOWN until you have enough information.
"Condemnation without investigation is the hight of ignorance." -Albert Einstein

That is the thing... you can't prove JIM meets with aliens and rides around on their ships... He must bring proof.

Case and point. I was visited by an alien last night. We watched Saturday night live and then he called down a dragon from the sky and we rode the beast around the sun and back.

Prove that I'm lying....

a ya... the dragon has a Super Duper force field around it so the electro magnetic rays could not hurt us... I also brought a camera and it broke so no photos. This dragon did no breath fire but, an invisibility cloak, which allowed me and my alien buddy "Corey Feldman" to walk through walls. We went to the white house and went into president bushes oval office where a meeting was going on... There was one small problem... they were all shape shifters aka reptoids to you and me. They had the ability to see us with their well adapted eyes from the thousands of years battling Corey Feldman and his fellow Gray Race. We got out of there fast. What a night, what a night....

Frankly, I think my REAL life event is much cooler than Jim spark's LIE. I got nothing on Red elk though, that dude knows how to roll.

Recon, you are FUNNY! :p

1. Confessions of a C2CAM junkie. I confess. It's like looking at that painting of Kramer from Seinfeld..."It's a loathsome sight, but I can't look away...":eek:

2. Gene and David balance things out for me.

3. So, Corey Feldman IS an alien...I always suspected.

4. I'd love to get Red Elks' take on Camerons Lost Tomb. R.E. is the first Native American shaman I've ever heard of, who is entirely devoted to Christ. Thank God Noory asks all the tough questions.

5. Open-Line Fridays do indeed suck.

6. Our temperament appears to be very similar: People are involved in this field, be it author, investigator, purpotrator, hoaxer, enthusiast, consumer, etc., for a large variety of reasons. If one is in it for the truth, than I personally think it requires 3 things: First, you have to be open-minded enough to listen to anyones claim about anything; Second, you have to thoroughly investigate every angle of the story and gather as much empirical and factual evidence as possible; Third, render a conclusion, but allow that conclusion to be a shade of grey, and allow it to be flexible enough to change based on other information that might come to light. Getting to the truth in the paranormal field, from a reasonable person, requires an open-mind, and at the same time, a healthy dose of skeptical cynicism.

On the subject of Jim Sparks, I am anxious to here TheParacast interview. So far, all we have to go on is Mr. Sparks own testimony. Alluring, detailed, seductive, entertaining testimony it is indeed. But is it truthful? Well, let's get a polygraph, and check out his black ooze in a jar, and have his ex-wife interviewed, and his family and friends over the last 10 to 20 years, and that alleged independent co-abductee videographer guy from Florida. Let's get them all interviewed, subjected to polygraphs, lets' have that alleged implant (I think he said it's in his nose) examined. Let's set cameras up around his home. If NBC's Big Brother and The Real World can do it, then why can't Jim Sparks be thoroughly documented in the same way. He has presented himself in his book and in his public interviews as the most knowledgeable, insightful, and lucid abductee on the subject. Okay. Now let's dig into the truth, and thoroughly investigate every single facet of his story, all elements of his life, and every witness who can corroborate and bolster his claim. This guy needs to be thoroughly investigated. If he is telling the truth, then we need to listen to him. If he is not telling the truth, than he is a fraud and needs to be exposed.

tomlevine1 said:
On the subject of Jim Sparks, I am anxious to here TheParacast interview. So far, all we have to go on is Mr. Sparks own testimony. Alluring, detailed, seductive, entertaining testimony it is indeed. But is it truthful? Well, let's get a polygraph, and check out his black ooze in a jar, and have his ex-wife interviewed, and his family and friends over the last 10 to 20 years, and that alleged independent co-abductee videographer guy from Florida. Let's get them all interviewed, subjected to polygraphs, lets' have that alleged implant (I think he said it's in his nose) examined. Let's set cameras up around his home. If NBC's Big Brother and The Real World can do it, then why can't Jim Sparks be thoroughly documented in the same way. He has presented himself in his book and in his public interviews as the most knowledgeable, insightful, and lucid abductee on the subject. Okay. Now let's dig into the truth, and thoroughly investigate every single facet of his story, all elements of his life, and every witness who can corroborate and bolster his claim. This guy needs to be thoroughly investigated. If he is telling the truth, then we need to listen to him. If he is not telling the truth, than he is a fraud and needs to be exposed.

I could not have said it any better Tom.
I still like to hear what everyone has to say, but there needs to be a point when it is not just words and we need to see some phycial evidence... why not start with a polygraph. I think that would be the best starting point.

If and when Jim passes it, we can move on. To quote the great George Costanza "just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it"

tomlevine1 said:

1. Confessions of a C2CAM junkie. I confess. It's like looking at that painting of Kramer from Seinfeld..."It's a loathsome sight, but I can't look away...":eek:

I am also hooked on the show, entertainment is still entertainment.

tomlevine1 said:
6. Our temperament appears to be very similar: People are involved in this field, be it author, investigator, purpotrator, hoaxer, enthusiast, consumer, etc., for a large variety of reasons. If one is in it for the truth, than I personally think it requires 3 things: First, you have to be open-minded enough to listen to anyones claim about anything; Second, you have to thoroughly investigate every angle of the story and gather as much empirical and factual evidence as possible; Third, render a conclusion, but allow that conclusion to be a shade of grey, and allow it to be flexible enough to change based on other information that might come to light. Getting to the truth in the paranormal field, from a reasonable person, requires an open-mind, and at the same time, a healthy dose of skeptical cynicism.

I totally agree,
I will admit, I believed a lot of these so called ufo experts on faith that... why would they lie about this stuff..., because they had some strong back grounds, such as, high rankings in military and government. The question has a pretty easy answer for most... MONEY. Red elf must have asked for donations and for people to buy his dvd 10 times on C2C.

I will admit again, I wish the MEIER case was real... I really do...
I wish bob lazar and Dan Burisch were telling the truth.
I could go on and on... these people are just bringing the ufo/ET field back into the dark...

We can even talk about the disclosure project... great stories, but where is the proof... nothing... how are they going to have any credibility with NO proof...

lol... can't wait for tonight...

From the episode..
The military staging this on someone is conspiracy talk of the highest level, Dr. Greer talk.
Greer says that he's had a dozen shadow corporate heads and subordinates who control the UFO issue talk in detail about how falsify abductions on the population to instill fear. They stage abductions to keep people in fear then, they cover up the alien technologies for power and control.
They desire exoneration and have expressed this to Greer.
They won't get it, **** them.

That is the thing... you can't prove JIM meets with aliens and rides around on their ships... He must bring proof.

Case and point. I was visited by an alien last night. We watched Saturday night live and then he called down a dragon from the sky and we rode the beast around the sun and back.

Prove that I’m lying....

a ya... the dragon has a Super Duper force field around it so the electro magnetic rays could not hurt us... I also brought a camera and it broke so no photos. This dragon did no breath fire but, an invisibility cloak, which allowed me and my alien buddy “Corey Feldman” to walk through walls. We went to the white house and went into president bushes oval office where a meeting was going on… There was one small problem… they were all shape shifters aka reptoids to you and me. They had the ability to see us with their well adapted eyes from the thousands of years battling Corey Feldman and his fellow Gray Race. We got out of there fast. What a night, what a night….

Frankly, I think my REAL life event is much cooler than Jim spark’s LIE. I got nothing on Red elk though, that dude knows how to roll.

The Corey Feldman part I'm skeptical about.

Who's this Red Elk you refer to?

A.LeClair said:
Who's this Red Elk you refer to?

lol, you just have to read or listen to some of his stuff...
If you can get a hold of his stuff from C2C you will be very entertained...

http://www.redelk.net/

He claims such this as...
1. Being a psychic...
2. Battling Satan on several occasion.... but he loves Satan... don't ask me why.
3. Loves Jesus… and visits him all the time
4. Has been in the tunnels under the earth and has been with multiple reptilian creatures...
5. Has seen Bigfoot
6. His major profession... TIME TRAVEL
7. Something allong the lines of being the keeper of some mystical creature...
8… o, he is going to live until he is like 130 or something around there…

The list goes on and on.....

OF course,,, no physical proof.

Red Elk .. I don't know what to say about that guy.
There are a lot of Native American figureheads that claim really wacky stuff. Do they have some sort of connection with the cryptidverse? or are they nuts..? That's a mess of worms, I'd prefer not to touch.
Perhaps.. Red Elk is moderately sane and not a liar, he just conviently leaves out that he loves em magical Indian plants..
Top full of mesculine or dimethyltryptamine..

back to the point: Jim Sparks

I had a huge problem with the interview... Gene and David, why do you guys always wait until they are off air to make your concerns heard??? Why not say this at the beginning of the show and let him respond???

Jim was dodging every question you asked him...

I doubt he will return. He was very happy when he left, because you guys did not grill him. The same thing happened with MH. at least he came back, I’ll give him that.

When he talked about not wanting to reveal stuff, until it comes true.... what the heck is that... anyone can do that. This is why i think ALL psychics are FAKE.... for so called people who know the future...

SO they just let 9-11 happen???
They just let 122,232 die and 113,937 go missing from the Tsunami in 2004???

Jim knows nothing, he repeats other information...

Questions I would have asked JIM:
1. Has he met the Pleiadians?
2. When was the last time he was visited?
3. would he take a polygraph?
4. Why are you writing books?
5. do u own a camera?
6. do you know how to use the camera?
7. can you get me some pictures?
8. can you bring me some physical evidence to bring truth to your claim?
9. you said that you were taught things, show me?
10. do you have an x-files poster in your bedroom?
11. have you every written a movie script?
12. how did you meet the reptilians?
13. do you still see the reptilians today?
14. do you know david icke
15. have you ever written anything down that came true?
16. do you believe in the meier's case?

I haven’t read his book, so sorry if any of these are answered....

Gene and David asked better questions than those.
Half of those are irrelevant or obvious.: "X-Files poster", "writing books", "camera", "movie script" all bad questions. Most of those are questions to ask someone loony for fun. If you see him as on the lower end of the contactee spectrum I question your inteligence or knowledge of the phenomenon.

Back