• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Sparks

Free episodes:

Do You Believe Jim Sparks is a Real Contactee?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No! I Think He Fell for Government Trickery!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
The Sparks interview left a lot to be desired. I'd like to hear him return and address Gene and David's astute observations but I doubt he will.

There are so many other shows out there on which the hosts simply "nod" along and say "Wow!" so I'm sure Mr. Sparks will always have an audience.

Oh well. . .

"..Where my BS meter moved, is he usually had an answer. Or when he didn't; he deflected it..."

I find that in contrast with the book. In the book he seemed confused and didn't have explanations. But that was written NINE years ago. I suspect a lot has happened since then.

An abductee/contactee for 20 years of conscious memory SHOULD have all the answers. Though I agree with the rest that with extraordinary claims we need evidence.
He doesn't have it..

However lastly..
I believe most of what he says is consistent with abduction by grays if we bring together everything that is known.
What some people don't seem to get is that IF grays exist and are close to the common knowledge of them. Then it's no surprise Jim Sparks doesn't have solid evidence. Rarely do abductees have any evidence to bring back. This matter is in THEIR hands, not his. If for a second he had evidence; and they didn't want him to have it, they would know he had it and he would no longer have it, period.
Think about it. YES it's too convenient, but at the same time I would bet $$ that any beings with their kind of power would play the game the same damn way. When you have the power of gods you don't play around with unpredictable methodology or your species fails natural selection. I think some of these entities may want to give us technology but surpassing our governments and other power players desires is a dangerous game in of itself.
I believe this is the reality of the situation.
Sort of depressing..

Recon said:
question for david...

What do you need or want to consider a case credible or better yet real?
Do you pay your guests to come on the show?

Second question first...

We would not be able to pay our guests if we WANTED to, so NO, we don't pay our guests. NO radio show that I know of pays guests to appear. Publicity is the primary reason a guest agrees to come on the show.

Now, to the first question - I'll assume we're talking about UFO cases here. For the most part, physical evidence seems to be pretty rare, so in a best case scenario, multiple witnesses with no prior interest in the topic and no desire to be public figures, report a metallic object during daylight hours, hovering at a low altitude, then shooting away at high speed with no visible acceleration buildup, THAT would be a highly compelling sighting. And add some good, clear photographic evidence where I could examine the original negatives/digital files (RAW file format, not suffering from the detrimental artifacts introduced with JPEG image compression).

dB

David Biedny said:
Second question first...

We would not be able to pay our guests if we WANTED to, so NO, we don't pay our guests. NO radio show that I know of pays guests to appear. Publicity is the primary reason a guest agrees to come on the show.

Now, to the first question - I'll assume we're talking about UFO cases here. For the most part, physical evidence seems to be pretty rare, so in a best case scenario, multiple witnesses with no prior interest in the topic and no desire to be public figures, report a metallic object during daylight hours, hovering at a low altitude, then shooting away at high speed with no visible acceleration buildup, THAT would be a highly compelling sighting. And add some good, clear photographic evidence where I could examine the original negatives/digital files (RAW file format, not suffering from the detrimental artifacts introduced with JPEG image compression).

dB

thanks for the reply,

I guess, what I was gettin at was...
Have any of your guests asked for money to appear?

The Hawk said:
"

However lastly..
I believe most of what he says is consistent with abduction by grays if we bring together everything that is known.
What some people don't seem to get is that IF grays exist and are close to the common knowledge of them. Then it's no surprise Jim Sparks doesn't have solid evidence. Rarely do abductees have any evidence to bring back. This matter is in THEIR hands, not his. If for a second he had evidence; and they didn't want him to have it, they would know he had it and he would no longer have it, period.
Think about it. YES it's too convenient, but at the same time I would bet $$ that any beings with their kind of power would play the game the same damn way. When you have the power of gods you don't play around with unpredictable methodology or your species fails natural selection. I think some of these entities may want to give us technology but surpassing our governments and other power players desires is a dangerous game in of itself.
I believe this is the reality of the situation.
Sort of depressing..

How hard is it for Jim to throw a video camera over his bed and catch himself walking through his walls?

You said that the grays have all this power and wouldn’t let him leave with evidence of their existence... What about his memory... they are just going to let him run around writing books about these encounters... If they didn't want him to have any evidence they would wipe his mind clean.

this guy needs polygraph, done by an independent.
Just like all psychics and liars, he will never take one.

Just finished listening to the show - I was very pleased that Jim was put to task on some of his claims. It seems his story stays; if unabated fairly consistent. I listened to both his interviews on C2C - and much of his story tends to be rather "scripted" I think.

I am amazed at the amount of time he can take to explain some of his answers; I felt at times like it was pulling teeth - he would work himself 360 degrees around the topic until he found something close to answer. Which seem very suspect, as if he is searching to find just the right answer?

Also what I find a bit odd is that after 19 or 20 years which is an incredibly long period of time - for me I equate it to a military career - you put in 20 years on active duty you can retire. This is the same amount of time he has been getting abducted - how can you not have any shred of evidence, even by accident. This defies all logic.

I wonder if he would allow David or Gene or both for that matter to set some cameras and video equipment to try and gather some evidence. From what he says he still being abducted or contacted to this day.

My big question if he does make another appearance on the show; which I really hope he does come back - Why is that these alleged aliens are giving you all this knowledge and training - just to set you up for failure when you reach out with a message on their behalf with nothing to prove or substantiate your claims?

I know Gene and David asked him something similar - but he seem to dance around it until he was able to squeak bye without a clear answer and the disintegration theory went over like a cement kite - so not buying it.

I understand that it is hard to have to put this guy to task or any other guest for that matter, because it may intimidate future guest(s) from making an appearance; but in order to get to the truth and "filter out the noise" it is something that simply must be done. If someone is willing to make these kinds of claims and I don't just mean Jim - and sell them for a personal profit back to the public as factual truth they should be willing at the very least to back them up; otherwise file it under sci-fi and we can all move on to something else.

IMO - Gene and David are the only ones out there trying to derive some sort of reasonable and rational point of view from this phenomenon. If the reputation is that coming to the Paracast means you better have your ducks in row and back your claims with some sort evidence or creditable witnesses -I don't really think that is a bad thing. It's the only way to be able to "separate the wheat from the chafe".

That is the great thing about the paracast... leave no stone unturned...

Look at the Jim sparks poll... although rather small in response so far... I am going to bet we don't see many if at all one 'yes'.

If you put this poll on C2C... I bet the poll would be completely different. I'm not sure if all the listeners are gullible, but the crazy callers that make it on the air blow my mind...

WE come to the paracast for the truth... and people go to C2C for entertainment. When you have hosts like Art and George who just feed the flames with the redundant... "Wow"... "Amazing"... All i ask is that they stray off from the shows norm and ask one probing question... They get tons of quests because they know the show is a free medium for them to spew anything they want with no countering from the host.

I got a great question....
Gene and David have you ever thought of being guests on C2C or is that just out of the question?

Have you guys thought of making the show longer??? Maybe 1 more hour... or even have 2 shows a week if possible???

Recon said:
That is the great thing about the paracast... leave no stone unturned...

Look at the Jim sparks poll... although rather small in response so far... I am going to bet we don't see many if at all one 'yes'.

If you put this poll on C2C... I bet the poll would be completely different. I'm not sure if all the listeners are gullible, but the crazy callers that make it on the air blow my mind...

WE come to the paracast for the truth... and people go to C2C for entertainment. When you have hosts like Art and George who just feed the flames with the redundant... "Wow"... "Amazing"... All i ask is that they stray off from the shows norm and ask one probing question... They get tons of quests because they know the show is a free medium for them to spew anything they want with no countering from the host.

I got a great question....
Gene and David have you ever thought of being guests on C2C or is that just out of the question?

Have you guys thought of making the show longer??? Maybe 1 more hour... or even have 2 shows a week if possible???

If George Noory or Art Bell invited us, we would certainly come on. But why do I feel that won't happen? Oh well, stranger things have happened...

Now about making the show longer: Listen, it takes a lot of work for us to do what we do now without a real staff, and I have a second show, The Tech Night Owl LIVE, which consumes a fair amount of time.

However, there are always possibilities out there and certainly David and I will consider opportunities to expand the reach of The paracast.

Gene Steinberg said:
If George Noory or Art Bell invited us, we would certainly come on. But why do I feel that won't happen? Oh well, stranger things have happened….

I would love to see you 2 on C2C... stire the pot a bit...

Gene Steinberg said:
Now about making the show longer: Listen, it takes a lot of work for us to do what we do now without a real staff, and I have a second show, The Tech Night Owl LIVE, which consumes a fair amount of time.

However, there are always possibilities out there and certainly David and I will consider opportunities to expand the reach of The paracast.

As for expanding the show, I think that would give you guys the chance to keep the same format for the first 2 hours, then when you guys bring up your conerns like you do in the last 15 minutes now... this gives another strong hour of debate between you and the guest...

I always feel that most of your shows end with no real closure to the issue.
If Jim reads any of these threads or heard the last 15minutes of the show... I can't see him coming back.

Recon said:
I would love to see you 2 on C2C... stire the pot a bit...

As for expanding the show, I think that would give you guys the chance to keep the same format for the first 2 hours, then when you guys bring up your conerns like you do in the last 15 minutes now... this gives another strong hour of debate...

I always feel that most of your shows end with no real closure to the issue.

It's not an open-ended arrangement. Our terrestrial radio outlet, KLAV-AM in Las Vegas, requires that we fit into a specific time schedule, and it's our hope to add other outlets later this year. But as with everything, I don't want to raise hopes until there's something to announce.

For now, we're content with the way things are growing, and we're keeping our fingers crossed :)

Good job on the interview. Let the guest run with enough rope...we didn't really get to the end of his rope yet, though.
I agree with David that it sounds too conveniently scripted, whether or not it is true in Jim's mind. However, I like the way you guys handled that aspect of it and kept asking questions as they come up.

Here's where the talcum powder comes in, though (the rub): If someone actually DOES come out with a real story about abduction, and it sounded just like Jim's story, would you believe them, or would you get the same feeling that the answers are too confident and predigested, simply because the person is confident that they went through the experience?

I think that if you had someone on the show, and the story was really true, that it would have turned out just like Jim Sparks' story. I'm not saying HIS was true, but that we have to figure out a way to put aside our 'gut' feelings sometimes and keep to the questions and answers that work on the facts, as you have done very well.

My gut feeling (thanks for putting it on the poll) is the government psyop of some kind, only because Jim seemed to be less technically minded than would be required to make the whole thing up, and because I don't believe in time travel. I will listen to ghost stories and all things paranormal, (not supernatural faith) but I draw the line on time travel until I can do it myself. No luck so far except going forward at the regular speed...

Yeah I agree partially with time travel thing.
As I said earlier in the thread it's the time travelers I have the biggest issue believing in. I have little trouble swallowing the rest if it were on it's own because I know there are hundreds of consistencies with Spark's story compared with other abductions and I believe in the phenomenon.

Time traveling forward in time is easy. It's the back wards in time that ends up with the confusion and paradox questions. Time travel forward in time is just a matter of speed relative to your surroundings. If one travels close enough to the speed of light they can go forward in time 10, 20, 100 times faster than the rest of us. Well technically I explained it wrong but that's the gist of it. I mean I don't even really have trouble with time travel reverse in time because I take quantum computers for what they ARE and that's proof of infinite parallel worlds. It's essentially impossible to return to your own time line even if it still exists, meaning paradoxes can't happen.

The problem I have is with the time travelers coming to see HIM.
One? not too completely unbelievably ridiculous, I guess..
Two? Ok this is getting strange..
Three? WTF?!..
Four? Who are you kidding!?! So they just dropped by to say Hi?!

John Titor 5000: 'Ah lets pay a good ol visit to Jim Sparks, give him nothing, fold dollar bills and stare at him then leave..'
T-1000: 'mm sounds like fun.'
Batman Beyond: 'High Five!'
McFly: 'Jim Sparks?'

The Hawk said:
John Titor 5000: 'Ah lets pay a good ol visit to Jim Sparks, give him nothing, fold dollar bills and stare at him then leave..'
T-1000: 'mm sounds like fun.'
Batman Beyond: 'High Five!'
McFly: 'Jim Sparks?'

LOL, that is awesome... it's all in your flux capacitor.

Remember the dude also drew circles on a peice of paper, which means time travel exists... its all logical really.

"You don't even know you Exist!!!" my new favorite quote

Awe..... Gene and David I just remembered another nut job you need to get on... I saw some of his videos and couldn't stop laughing... My favourite part is how he sounds so sincere, and acts like everyone are idiots...

His name is...Michael Tsarion

here are a few videos... this dude is creative...

here is some US NWO SATAN REPTOID conspiracy based on Michael Tsarion logic.... Pepsi's symbol has curves, which is the sign of the serpent... then he tells the audience its just common sense they are working for the reptoids... crap like this... Actually some of his speech is genius and should be a movie...

Recon said:
Look at the Jim sparks poll... although rather small in response so far... I am going to bet we don't see many if at all one 'yes'

Damn Jim must of came on and participated in his poll. I was proven wrong.

Recon said:
Awe..... Gene and David I just remembered another nut job you need to get on... I saw some of his videos and couldn't stop laughing... My favourite part is how he sounds so sincere, and acts like everyone are idiots...

His name is...Michael Tsarion

For the love of god, NO. Tsarion makes Icke look solid as the rock of Gebraltar. I've seen both his Atlantis stuff and his symbology/etymology stuff. I just about fell out of my chair when he claimed that "typhoon" is actually derived from "Typhon" (a legendary french dragon, synonym for the devil). Yes Mike, that makes much more sense than the anglified version of the portugese corruption of the japanese words "dai fun" (great wind).

Much is made about how children nowadays can't distinguish reality from fantasy. Tsarion is the poster child for that problem.

But I digress...

Back