• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Sparks

Do You Believe Jim Sparks is a Real Contactee?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No! I Think He Fell for Government Trickery!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
Sparks is tall on message and short on evidence. A good sign of the typical contactee, which I see no reason to buy into. If he had his multiple witnesses come forward, take a barrage of lie detector tests as he said he would, and pass, I would pay more attention to him these days. As is, there doesn't appear to be ANY supporting evidence, just a story. This might suffice for those who gotta have faith, but I hate that George Michaels song.

David Biedny said:
Ah yes...

Conversation with Jim Sparks

For only $100 a frikkin hour, Jim Sparks will talk with you via phone or Skype, helping you understand your own abduction experiences, or how to help the Earth.

If ANYONE needed proof positive that this guy is FOS, there you have it. Case closed.

dB

So far, no one has noted that John Mack used copious quotes from Jim Sparks in Mack's last book PASSPORT TO THE COSMOS. Evidently, John believed Jim 100%, basing many of his conclusions on Jim and using him as substantiation for those claims, e.g., that the aliens are just closeted Green Peace activists who work in mysterious ways to get us humans to recycle. Now MY view is that poor John Mack was so enamored of his own view that aliens were a positive force for the environment that he naturally aligned himself with abductees with this kind of story. Rather sad, and shows how crazy ufology is. Is there anything a person can read that isn't FOS, as David put it? :mad:

P.S. I am by nature suspicious of men with mullets - it is so 80's. Is it that the guys are intentionally trying to appear redneck, or are they boomers who just haven't noticed that almost 2 decades have passed since the mullet was considered a hip style? The Jeapardy TV game show is full of such questions.

IMO even though I have never met Jim Sparks is that he had some type of experience that changed his life and sence of reality.After some time apparently he either totally believes his experiences to the point of being some kind of expert who can charge 100 dollars an hour for a phone call or is a greedy con.

I have also read John Mack's books. I think his work went much deeper then simply thinking the aliens were here to help and were a positive force. His approach was to first give people with these strange experiences a voice. I then think he tried to encourage people to transcend the fear and possably by doing that chnage the experiences. I think this is what Jeff R. is trying to do also.

He even covered the Reptilian aspect in more of a Jungian approach than literal.

Personally, I think that Sparks is making the whole shebang up. I don't buy a word of it, and if John Mack did, well, those ivory towers can really cloud a person's objectivity.

dB

So David,
Do you think Jim faked his entire mental breakdown to just make a buck from a book ? That seems extreme but ya never know with this field. I know cons can and do alll kinds of things for there con cause so to speak.

As far as Dr Mack being fooled I think that could happen to anyone under the right circumstances. The entire abduction phenomenon is so bizarre to start with. If Johm errored on the side of giving the extra benifit of the doubt to a person I don't consider that a negative trait.

So David,
Do you think Jim faked his entire mental breakdown to just make a buck from a book ? That seems extreme but ya never know with this field. I know cons can and do alll kinds of things for there con cause so to speak.

As far as Dr Mack being fooled I think that could happen to anyone under the right circumstances. The entire abduction phenomenon is so bizarre to start with. If Johm errored on the side of giving the extra benifit of the doubt to a person I don't consider that a negative trait.

From my limited exposure to Jim's 'stuff' I am of the opinion that he falls in the same boat as many of these story tellers: He had an experience of some nature. He extrapolated and embellished - both consciously and unconsciously - and now he presents his accounts as fact, and believes every word to be true. Or maybe he doesnt believe it... who knows.

Ally said:
So David,

Well, does anyone actually know if he had a mental breakdown? Are we supposed to take him at his word? Maybe he had a breakdown because of his marriage falling apart, perhaps he was having an affair and made up these stories as an alibi. Who knows? He's done a book, he has an agent, he does lectures, and now he's got his version of phone wanking, at $100/hr. To me, this looks like nothing more than someone trying to make some money. When we had him on the show, we were able to back him into a couple of corners for which he had no prepared answer. His story doesn't hold up.

dB

Do you consider it a positive one?

Has anyone seen his medical records?

I've had mental breakdowns of one kind or another, it doesn't mean I was abducted. He may have had a mental breakdown for being a liar and a fraud. I would at least.

Packrat,
I consider giving people the benifit of the doubt a positive trait ONLY when trying to help them. If that means being fooled by one or two and helping many then that is a positive trait IMO.

Jim Sparks and Whitley Streiber are both frauds Whitley Streiber is a horror fiction writer he wrote a book probably based on research of the topic it was successful in relative term's so why would he stop this man is delusional and very insane he has gone to a different planet in a pick up truck for god sake crazy witha capital C.jim Sparks is another crazy guy do i believe him no why this guy has an ego of enormous proportions in the parcast interview done by gene and david he siad to them both when i was on board the ship the aliens told me to led them what is he Moses leading them to the promise land.This seemed to me to be taken from the movie Encounters of the Third Kind I have other issues which i no are false but would go into it now they have fooled alot of people with this rubbish shame on them:mad:

I am completely serious when I say that I thought Jim Sparks sounded like he was mildly schizophrenic and seriously paranoid-delusional.

The stories where he had his kids in the car and all of a sudden all their realities changed and they were physically in a different place and then back to normal again...those scare me - on behalf of the kids.

Look, he admits that he's been in an out of mental health facilities and really does come across as someone who needs supervision.

I may sound a bit rough on him right now, but let me know how you feel about my description AFTER the interview.

Every one in this field sounds that way. Of listened to this guy talk a few times and he rekons he's had years and years and hours and hours of contact, but his story for me always seems to compress to sweet crap all.

Every one in this field sounds that way. Of listened to this guy talk a few times and he rekons he's had years and years and hours and hours of contact, but his story for me always seems to compress to sweet crap all.

I wish he did spark i would lit the fuse myself:)

Watching an interview with him now where he says he was abducted "many hundreds of times" over a 19 year period. So when does he sleep?

He looks rundown in the vid. Maybe he doesn't sleep.

It really doesn't jive. If he's had soooo many abductions and has concious recall then why does he have such a limited narrative? Plus his core thesis is wrong, the rainforests aren't the "lungs of the planet", sea-borne algae is. You'd think super-intelligent beings would know better...

Should be a good interview.. I could come up with all sorts of questions for him.

And I think we all want proof of abductions.
I've read up on many credible encounters where people have tried to get proof of their abductions to no avail even with third parties involved. Weird, weird stuff happens like they sleep walk out of the room with the web cam. Restraints for keeping them in bed disappear. There are even accounts where the third parties are paralyzed during the encounter.

I think the best bet at gaining proof would be to allow a third party to install cameras in the walls in spots where the abductee (and anyone regularly involved with him) has no earthly idea where they are. That way when the aliens do their telepathic mind scans or whatever there is nothing fishy for them to detect. I wish Mr. Sparks would consider this method or something. If abductions are real which I believe they are, we have gone far to long without proof (other than Roger Leir and Darrell Simms physical trace evidence they have collected.)

I think that's a profoundly kick-ass idea. You have my support.

It doesn't mean that the aliens won't be able to detect them--after all, to gain entrance to the abductee's home, you'd have to get their permission, and therefore, their knowledge, about what you were up to.

So, the aliens, presumably, could figure out that there were cameras or listening devices somewhere, and employ whatever forces they do to cloud cameras (and the minds of men) as well as the film, tape, data sticks, memory cards, etc.

I still think it's a good idea--just remember that many, many abductees have tried to get their own evidence to assist them in their claims, and videotape is often turned to static, or just blank, film clouded, or they just fail to show up at all when these devices are used.

But this is a good idea. I say we ask Gene and David to ask every abductee guest that comes on the show if they'd do it.

I think Jim had genuine experiences, but he is a kind of a person that needs to make sense of it all in his own way, so he sort of made this story and fill in the pieces. I think he is putting words in the aliens mouth so to speak. I think his story is (unintentionally) , sort of like a Hollywood movie version of a real event.

But other than his rehearsed story with honeysuckles and everything, he has presented some elements which have often surfaced in some other cases, which are less known, yet consistent. (like the phoenix bird symbol for example, or the way that language works etc.) So he is either:

a) a genuine experiences
or
b) quite a clever researcher

In regards to his "services", well, many people just co completely crazy after these experiences, some go completely greedy, and egotistic. Either way it's life changing, for better or worse.

But I think one should be extremely careful about anything he presents, because he has this tendency to edit the content to fit in a movie, in a way, his story is very "cinematic" in its progression etc. It's very rehearsed and edited in a very commercial way, almost sensationalistic. I've dropped that case after I've read his book, because I just find it unreliable, and I don't want to spend a second thinking which part of it is distorted and which is accurate. I just don't care, I consider it unreliable, and I move on.

And the third thing I get the feeling, is that these guys he is dealing with, are the "bad guys" that so many aliens often warns us about (in other abduction cases) , yet we never seem to see them.
Not in the sense that they are truly evil, but in the sense that they are opposition to the "mainstream" in some way.

You know, one thing that kind of rang in my mind is the claim of these "reptilians" that all reptilian rape cases, are actually military people stealing their technology and disguising themselves as them. That's just either a lie or Jim's nonsense. Because such things go back to middle ages.

Back