• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Sparks

Do You Believe Jim Sparks is a Real Contactee?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No! I Think He Fell for Government Trickery!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
Oh Riley Martin a name I haven't heard for awhile. When I saw him he was drunk most of the time. I had to walk out of his presentation..I couldn't handle the bull shit anynore.
He said he got drunk with the aliens.

He also sold a ticket to the other dimension for 30 dollars. It had some artwork on it.

After the talk a lot of poeple were lined up to buy this ticket!

I don't get it.

Although I have bought crap at these conferences too but nother quite that bad.

As far as Jims Sparks goes I agree he doesn't fit into the same category as Riley Martin.

I bought Jim's book becasue John Mack wrote the foward ,I beleive ,I would have to look.

His story was different and I kept thinking his encounters were black ops or government. I don't think this about all abduction cases.

Ally said:
His story was different and I kept thinking his encounters were black ops or government. I don't think this about all abduction cases.

Yeah, seems like many of the paracast community don't buy his story or at least not at face value. His story is soooo out there and he doesn't have any physical evidence but........... I am willing to consider that he is telling the truth as he knows it based on what I have heard and read from him and the fact that Jon Mack vouches for him. The truth he describes to me doesn't seem like something black ops is capable of doing by itself although it sounds like it was involved in some ways because of the incident in the airplane hangar in his book, but my opinion is based on absolutely nothing other than my opinion and I"m not privy to any inside info other than what I'm eating for lunch today :)

I am going to follow any developments related to Sparks for sure, I hope the paracast has him on again for an update on his most recent paranormal experiences, although he doesn't really fit the mold for a paracast guest because he doesn't have evidence to back up his story, he is more of a C2C type guest I think because he just has his story. But while the typical C2C guest who goes on some wild tirade about some super sketchy story, Jim with Jon Mack's backing and his seemingly down to earth personality seems to deserve more consideration than the crazy Riley Martin's of the world.

That is sad that people would buy Riley's tickets and really dissuades me from even considering going to any conference outside of the X Conference which is more down to earth, literally.

If in fact it turns out that some wild black ops projects is the sole cause of Sparks experiences, rather than a combo of Aliens in touch with black ops and other alien groups, then it is meanest practical joke of all time! Even more than MK Ultra!

I can see it now on the prank show 'Punk'd'. "Well Jim, you know how you think you've been contacted by aliens and lost your job and your wife and your family thinks your crazy and you wasted 10 years of your life in fear of being tortured and walked around drunk with a gun for a month and didn't leave your apartment........ well it's all a joke! But the good news is your get a year supply of Chia-pets!".

We've had Sparks on twice, there's no reason to have him on again. He's got nothing to add to the conversation about anything paranormal, he's not credible, IMO.

dB

David Biedny said:
We've had Sparks on twice, there's no reason to have him on again. He's got nothing to add to the conversation about anything paranormal, he's not credible, IMO.

dB

Yep, that's what I figured. The 'time travel' stuff and convenient tight fitting answers encompassing all aspects of ufo lore and other paranormal mythology seemed a massive turn off to you guys and very understandably, not to mention lack of any physical evidence, which does not fit well with the show which is about getting to the bottom of things as much as that is possible.

Strangely, I'm gonna reserve judgement on the guy and see where his story leads until he is proven a hoax beyond doubt. IMO, if Jim told his story in a less opinionated and more filtered way, it would get more traction with skeptics. But when he gives his opinion/rationale on all the aspects (the dust from the ship must have nano-technology that decomposes etc....) and fits every piece of the UFO puzzle into his story, it seems very convenient and a hard pill to swallow.

Still for some reason (I'm guilible?), his combination of a manipulative scenario combined with a potentially world altering message seems to resonate with me along with his motives, which appears pure. You got the terrorist aliens messing with him but also wanting to save the planet, but that motivation to help is also selfish in nature in that the motivation is to keep their investment alive. Seems about right to me based on our own nature :)

By the way, David, you going to the X Conference this year?

His motives are to sell books and line up speaking engagements.

I will indeed be at the X-Conference, with my lovely honey, and there will be some other Paracasters there as well.

dB

David Biedny said:
We're lining up Mr. Sparks for the show.

I've read his book, and you will all LOVE some of the questions I'll be asking him, important points that need clarification.

:)

dB
I listened to Ben Grundy interview him. Ben, of course, did not challenge a single thing...he just tossed underhand softballs and agreed with everything.

I am completely serious when I say that I thought Jim Sparks sounded like he was mildly schizophrenic and seriously paranoid-delusional.

The stories where he had his kids in the car and all of a sudden all their realities changed and they were physically in a different place and then back to normal again...those scare me - on behalf of the kids.

Look, he admits that he's been in an out of mental health facilities and really does come across as someone who needs supervision.

I may sound a bit rough on him right now, but let me know how you feel about my description AFTER the interview.

digigeek said:
digigeek said:
I may sound a bit rough on him right now, but let me know how you feel about my description AFTER the interview.

Nice job, self. Great job checking the post dates....sigh.

funny! Yeah, no doubt he could have real biological/chemical mental problems, totally possible. His story sometimes reminds me of Slaughterhouse 5 actually. If he is trying to make some cash and made all this stuff up, he is an idiot IMO. He was in real estate which is real money, so if he left that to pursue a career in a crazy niche market of UFO"s in a time when the internet is killing the market share of print media he really is crazy! Perhaps the speaking stuff pays well and is an opportunity to get some misguided attention? I think if that was th goal, he would be better off writing a mainstream book about how he infiltrated abductee support groups and then write an investigative/comedic piece along the lines of hunter thompson or something and try and get on Oprah and put together a routine and tour colleges. Jim's writing ability was actually not bad, I was surprised, assuming there wasn't a ghost writer.

Strangely, my wife actually agreed to go to the X-conference banquet with me as well! But I live in DC, so no biggie.

Waaaaaaaaay to much time on this message board today, maybe I'm crazy!!

The message he was given about governments given amnesty plus the bizarre reward/ punishment nature of the experiences seemed more human than anything else to me. That is of course he is not just making this all up.

Speaking from personal expereinces with whatever this phenomonon is ,it can make someone sound crazy. These type of experiences are very difficult to discribe in a linear rational even verbal way.

If someone is indeed entering other realities and dimensions, how could this be proven by our Western mind set anyway?

Ally said:
The message he was given about governments given amnesty plus the bizarre reward/ punishment nature of the experiences seemed more human than anything else to me. That is of course he is not just making this all up.

Speaking from personal expereinces with whatever this phenomonon is ,it can make someone sound crazy. These type of experiences are very difficult to discribe in a linear rational even verbal way.

If someone is indeed entering other realities and dimensions, how could this be proven by our Western mind set anyway?

I see what you're saying. Sparks was just so incredibly manic and scatter-brained. His stories were so rambling and often interrupted by mention of some sort of mental health issue or depressing life occurrence. He was 100% completely manic when Grundy interviewed him on Mysterious Universe. I found it hard to listen to, sort of like a comedian bombing really badly - I was embarrassed for him. It was sad, man.

I didn't hear that show but that fact he sounded manic doesn't surprise me. Not to get too much into the conspiracy aspect, but having people sound nuts and manic would fall into the disinfo program that has been going on for a long time.

IF much of what some abductees say are actually black ops messing wiht them, it has to make you wonder about what else "they " are doing to the "normal" population? Scary thought to me.

one thing is absolutely 100% certain about Jim Sparks without a doubt........... he has a nice mullet :)

It's a tough call on any of this stuff, but if I was going to pick someone to mess with as a black ops leader, someone with a mullet who uses low budget illustrations in their book with actual cartoon portraits of the author with cartoon mullet might be the guy to mess with to discredit the field.

It's funny how so much of the UFo field has such corny/goofy/low budget graphic design in both books and Web sites, but I guess that's what happens in the fringe world where I assume money is tight and they dont' have the luxery of hiring some nyc publisher/pr firm.

I don't give humans by themselves the credit to pull of the type of stuff Jim describes. So I'm thinking it's either legit paranormal or he has mental problems or a bit of both.

I would put 'lying' into the 'mental problems' category because it's not logical to make up this stuff, the payoff is too little IMO. But I guess lying would be a 'neurotic' thing verses a 'psychotic' thing so they could be different. Jim doesn't come off as a liar to me in the few interviews I've heard (but neither do many politicians so my intuition is far from gospel) so I tend to think he is telling the truth as he knows it, which might far from objective reality. But I also thought Kwame Brown could be a great NBA player so what do I know :)

Having a nice mullet is one of the very few things that can be said to be 100% in this field. Very funny post!

Ah yes...

Conversation with Jim Sparks

For only $100 a frikkin hour, Jim Sparks will talk with you via phone or Skype, helping you understand your own abduction experiences, or how to help the Earth.

If ANYONE needed proof positive that this guy is FOS, there you have it. Case closed.

dB

yeah, that's pretty lame, for that much money I'd rather get a few lap dances. Definitely doesn't help his credibility. I just heard his latest interview on the Paranormal Radio Network. I haven't totally dismissed him, but it isn't looking good!

In any of these people's defense, if you quit your lucrative day job tomorrow and tried to make a living off of your UFO experiences because
1. it's more fun than your day job,
2. you can share and learn more about something that has a massive impact on your life

then i think you would need to charge a decent amount for speaking engagements, sell enough books and make any additional money.

Jim was a real estate dude, so at some point he might have been pullling a couple hundred grand a year. I doubt his book 'The Keepers' made that much money and if he does 1 speaking engagements a month at $2,000 a pop, then maybe he needs to set up his Mrs. Clio helpline to buy that plasma thin screen he's been jonesin for.

By the way as I write this the Pixies song "Motorway to Roswell" is on the IPOD, coincidence? Most definitely!

There are aspects to the Sparks case that lack credibility -- and his abductee support "business" seems tacky -- but so far, nothing has convinced me that he has not had an extraterrestrial encounter.

JAS said:
There are aspects to the Sparks case that lack credibility -- and his abductee support "business" seems tacky -- but so far, nothing has convinced me that he has not had an extraterrestrial encounter.

I agree. I believe that he is like many "abductees" or "experiencers" that have been discussed on the show who may have had an experience or two which then was turned into a circus for various reasons (money, attention, etc...). I believe that he probably has had experiences, but that he himself does not know where the line between his own reality and the delusions that he has created is drawn anymore.

Back