• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 25, 2015 — David Marler

I guess you were listening to a different radio show. Marler mentions his certification as a hypnotherapist in his bio, and thus opened the door to a discussion about abduction research. If we checked the boxes, we'd be simply asking reviewer guide-style questions about the book, but this interview focused on him as a person and the overall work in which he was engaged. Remember, this is the first time he's been on, and we wanted to introduce him to our listeners.

Your side note, that I don't participate in the conversations is not true. Chris and I go back and forth, depending on the show and the focus.

It sounded more like you wanted to make sure he was in your philosophical wheel house before letting him talk about his book. You even said it yourself.... you were "digging deep" into his bio to find out he had some measly 20 year old certification in hypnosis. Your attempt at the "GOTCHA" backfired when he was rational and didn't go off the deep end with his response to this fact. However, like with Stinnet (who was a horrible guest), you seem to always be looking for the "GOTCHA."

OH YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN WHO BELIEVES IN THE BIBLE? :smells blood: ATTACKS!!

I loved it when you snidely mentioned to Bishop the fact that Stinnett had the nerve to suggest people could call out Jesus during an abduction experience and it would end. Bishop just calmly said "Yea, I have heard that before, a Group down in Florida is doing research in that area" You went totally silent, he shut you down!

You wanted Bishop to pile on. You wanted to engage in more "researcher bashing" and "theory bashing."

Why can't we just agree this is a complex phenomena with no real answers. Who cares if Greer and Bassett think the best way to look at this is through political pressure. Who cares if the McKenna fans think this issue can be solved by eating mushrooms and listening to Led Zeppelin. Who cares if Chris thinks there is a "trickster" that masks itself as other things.

Everyone should have a seat at the table and should be able to think openly without you laughing and scoffing. I have found it increasingly more difficult to listen to the Paracast because of your disdain for Mufon, classic UFOLOGY, and so forth. You were even laughing and Major Keohoe in the last few episodes, saying he made up his mind it was "aliens" within seconds.

Kehoe was a serious guy, to trivialize him when he isn't alive to defend himself is classless. Forgive the guy for calling the objects "saucers" when those were the words witnesses and military personal were using in their first hand reports. How inappropriate of him! Idiot...

Meanwhile, you two bow down at the alter of Mosley and that fraud Ray Stanford.

Only Ray Stanford is allowed to say there are physical crafts that look like saucers flying around our skies. He and only he is allowed to seriously suggest this, because Chris like him. Chris thinks he is smart and has film of a saucer shooting a "plasma beam"....That gets no seriously debate or follow up...but it is OK to laugh at Kehoe...got it!

Last edited:
You did recall where I mentioned I was familiar with this alleged tact of calling out Jesus, or reciting a prayer, to stop a UFO encounter, right? My late uncle, Louis Kaplan, was involved in a movement that held a similar belief.

So, sorry, it's all in your imagination. I had no agenda going into these interviews, nor did Chris, other than to explore different subjects with a guest. That we didn't do the interview they way you wanted is — well — just too bad.

However, I am noticing another trend that just continually repeats and repeats itself over and over, and that is Gene and Chris's need to "theory bash" and "researcher bash."

I think you are being a little bit harsh there Without Limits!

This field that we share an interest in is simply vast – under the rubric of paranormal, these topics go into to the sociological, the cultural, the political aspects of disclosure, the history of mythology, quantum physics etc etc etc

it's pretty unrealistic to expect the hosts of a show that investigates this vast subject to not bring their own biases based on personal lengthy examination and experience in the area. I'm reasonably new to the show, and a new member to this forum, but the distinct impression that I get of our hosts, is that they are acutely aware that the topic shifts when studied, appears to control the terms upon which it is investigated, and is absolutely loaded full of people who make a living based on a single theory and sticking to that theory on the conference circuit!

I can forgive them for a little jaded cynicism :)

the fantastic thing about this show, IMHO, is the way that they expose guests to excellent questions from forum members. For years I did the rounds of pod casts and certain famous Internet radio shows that don't challenge the fuzzy new-age crap that most people in this area spout, don't put tough questions, and don't take listener input.

It's not perfect but I'm enjoying it so far!

You did recall where I mentioned I was familiar with this alleged tact of calling out Jesus, or reciting a prayer, to stop a UFO encounter, right? My late uncle, Louis Kaplan, was involved in a movement that held a similar belief.

So, sorry, it's all in your imagination. I had no agenda going into these interviews, nor did Chris, other than to explore different subjects with a guest. That we didn't do the interview they way you wanted is — well — just too bad.

The mere fact you are too ignorant to notice you have an agenda does not mean you DO NOT have an agenda. You don't explore different subjects with guests. That is exactly my complaint. You discuss THE SAME SUBJECTS but with different guests!

"Mufon sucks wouldn't you agree"
"Hangar one is a terrible show that doesn't have real cases, and there is no hanger 1, what are your thoughts"
"Tell us why you think disclosure is stupid"
"You don't buy into this whole idea that aliens are abducting people from their bedrooms do you"
"The whole notion of flying saucers is....."
(insert Bassett joke here)
(snark remark about Greer goes here)
(complaint about how you don't make money doing this here)

That is the show...every week, regardless of the guest.

I honestly think you're mistaken?

Helium balloons go the highest in the atmosphere, and no vacuum spheres launch lighter than air. The sphere shell is too heavy, but I agree that large triangle aircraft that can [now] cloak have been experimented with since the early 1980's. Basic science concepts proven in the 1970's in labs and small test devices outside. My guess is hot air and/or helium are being used.

Laser or directed energy propulsion could be used to fly/push around at night to be seen doing all kinds of angled movements in unmanned craft where only lights are seen. The huge triangles could be partial or whole holograms, though I think some are fully structured craft that can cloak in daylight too. The skin surface is like an LED screen in concept, but other projection techniques could be in play. Holograms could make the surface seem invisible too. Hiding in the clouds using its vapor is another technique.

Noise suppression could easily be used to silence these aircraft to the human ear, though I bet some sound detection device could pickup sounds waves we don't hear to detect these aircraft too. Especially, a detector ABOVE where the remaining sound waves are being directed to dissipate into the atmosphere high above.

Exotic transparent materials with low reflectivity plastics/glass have been developed recently too. Float that and push it around invisibly with lasers or directed energy located elsewhere. Project a hologram off it to be anything seemingly appearing from invisibility too!

THE ABOVE IS VALLEE'S CONTROL SYSTEM IN PRINCIPLE.

Just a note. As for records and helium and hot air balloons. It is just some cutting edge pure speculation on my part. Carbon nanotubes are some of the lightest and strongest materials on the planet. they are also integral to the new vacuum pump technology. DARPA program develops world's smallest vacuum pumps with big potential A liter (about a quart) of air weighs about 1.25 grams (much less than an ounce) — that’s not very much. But a liter of helium weighs even less — only 0.18 grams (a tiny fraction of an ounce). A vacuum weighs nothing. You hit the nail on the head. Commercially available technology (Like blimps and balloons.) would collapse on themselves. Carbon nanotubes would not. As for records. Top Secret programs never disclose if they broke a record. SR-71, and U-2 pilots could attest to that! Hot air, in my opinion can be ruled out. You may be right about helium though.

As for lasers for propulsion. Who knows. Its a pretty good point. Lasers, Masers (Basically uses microwaves instead of light.), RF radiation and tons of types of plasma has been used not only for propulsion, but also to blast away air in front of aircraft (Another vacuum! That means no drag.).

Your hologram point is also a very good one too. As far back as the 1920's, the Soviets were using powerful projectors on their biggest planes to project propaganda on clouds. And do not forget Meta materials. The physical property of the materials themselves can bend light and create a kind of invisibility cloak. Good point with the LEDs. Lights were used in WWII to camouflage objects.

As for your view on the absolutely silent nature. Good points too.

So I pretty much really like your thoughtful analysis! Thanks for such smart back and forth. Your thoughts seem to be overall more focused on active technology (Noise cancelling, LEDs etc..) . You are making me reevaluate my thinking may have been too focused on passive technologies.

My Rant...

I think within the whole of ALL Paracast shows I've found no better audio content regarding ET-UFO related subjects.

Sure, lots of questions never get asked or answered enough, but I think every host would fall into that category of not satisfying our need for more information with our questions asked and answered.

For example, I was very disappointed with the Col. Alexander interview recently because of all the time spent on weapons and goat crap. Meaning, not challenging enough his thinking or answers regarding Skinwalker, and his various belief-proofs in ET-UFO's. :D

Nothing covered about altered states or his worldwide shamanic travels and knowledge gained.

But, then again, this triangle show was awesome, IMO. Why? I really am pleased we found out he had a lot of professional knowledge and experience with sleep labs, so I was extremely pleased to know his thoughts about how this relates to the abduction issues. Chris even mentioned the Derrel Sims implants, which I'll credit him for the balls to do it.

Anyway, that "abduction time" lost did not allow for more triangle questions and answers, but I did NOT get the impression we lost out on a very good introduction to the subject. I'm disappointed he didn't fill in every detail about the 1936 and 1890 sightings, or more about exactly what was said about the 1957 sightings. I'll have to dig that up on my own now! Frack! [Of course, Chris is laughing at me now!]

For more information about this book/triangles I'm certain he has done more interviews available online. These could be easily found.

I HATE ALL THE FRIGGING advertising on the Paracast now. It almost seems I have to listen time-wise to about 50% commercials, whether that is real or not. BUT. MAYBE. There will be a holiday sale to subscribe for a lower cost. I'd subscribe for $20/year indefinitely.

Oh Gene, why not offer a 5 year subscription for $100? I'll sign-up for that. :D

Last edited:
Hot air, in my opinion can be ruled out. You may be right about helium though.

As for lasers for propulsion. Who knows. Its a pretty good point. Lasers, Masers (Basically uses microwaves instead of light.), RF radiation and tons of types of plasma has been used not only for propulsion, but also to blast away air in front of aircraft (Another vacuum! That means no drag.).
Thanks for your fantastic post, because it even summarizes more possibilities. :)

I think an invisible/transparent lightweight new-tech glass [or glass-plastic composite] *sphere* with enough vacuum might possibly lift or have buoyancy at some pressure/level -float to x-height. Another idea with the helium is a gas mixture might be used to not only lift but be energized for various reasons. A magic trick of Ball Lighting or a UFO to fly and accelerate across the sky.

With the right aerodynamics and spinning it might be possible to target a spinning-top rotor concept. This has been experimented with as a concept to launch objects skyward or possibly into space.

Heating air could be done silently with on-board thermal coupling or remotely energize targets concepts to use like a silent ballast to go up/down. There is a super lightweight thermal protective material that could hide the thermal signatures.

Using the heated air/gas and/or helium allows for lighter materials and lower costs and more shapes vs a high-tech vacuum, but for testing concepts anything goes with the right "top secret" applications.

Anyway, keep posting your ideas because you're onto concepts I love learning more about. Thanks. :)

Oh yea, I forgot one other criteria...Make fun of and ridicule Derrel Simms.

FYI Gene, I have listened to about 90% of your shows over SEVERAL years. Sadly, this isn't a topic that garnishes a lot of interest, i.e., it is on the fringes, so I sometimes have to take what I can get.

Just noting what I see as glaring problems with the show.

The triangle craft in Denmark 1957 could still be light air CONCEPT triangles. Flying wings [concept aircraft] looked like triangles and V wings in the 1950's, which were pioneering forerunners of the B2.

The police officers that saw the accelerating triangles at night could be fooled by faking the acceleration. Something accelerates, but is it a deception to perceive an ET-UFO?

The military can do all kinds of things at NIGHT in darkness that can fool the human eye.

Regarding the other two witness accounts (1936) and (1890) we need as much detail as is possible. Is there enough to fully understand each occurrence?

Can you tell us what you saw in detail please. Thank you.
It was in 1997 , so years after the Belgian wave .I was riding home on a november evening when my wife told me about some lights in the sky.I took my binoculars and started driving in the direction where my wife said the lights came from.After a few minutes i saw that several drivers had stopped at the side of the road and were looking at the sky.There was a light in the sky that was spinning , but it was too far away to see any details. After a few minutes the light began to grow and it was clear that it was descending.When it came closer i could see that it was a structure surrounded by small lights .It turned around its axis and began to fly higher again untill it was gone.When looking with the binoculars , i could see that it was sort of diamond shaped.The body was complete black and there were small lights all around the object , attached to it.The size must have been like that of a small plane.There was never any sound.

The body was complete black and there were small lights all around the object , attached to it.The size must have been like that of a small plane.There was never any sound.
Thanks. Good details. :)

Just a few questions more...

1) Did it act like plane/jet-wing "flying" movements, or go slow, stop, hover, rotate, switch directions at sharp angles, or accelerate at any extreme speeds?

2) Did the lights change configuration, or did its black shape remain the same configuration?

3) Was the image big enough in the binoculars so you could easily distinguish the "ufo" very clearly?

4) Have there been any major sightings of the "big one" in the years since in your region of the EU?

Again, thank you.

Can we once and for all STOP speculating that any UFO (triangle or otherwise - with one exception) seen over Anytown, USA is a military craft? Im talking about the sightings where conventional craft are 100% ruled out. I always hear "Well could it have been some top secret government aircraft?". The answer is no, it cannot. My one exception is triangles that are filmed typically with night vision or night vision binnoculars etc. Flying these craft around the world on the cusp of outer space is something that is surely happening. The government would never fly a top secret craft that is years away from production (or will never be produced) over an area that is not Groom Lake. Do you think whatever the B2 Stealth Bomber of the future is that A) it's located at say Lakehurst Naval Air Station in Lakehurst, NJ and then on top of that the test pilots instructions are "After you take off and climb out we want you to fly over Trenton, NJ back & forth for a while. Make sure you keep it at between 300-1000 ft. Also show off our new crafts capabilities by exhibiting no sound, hoverability, and to do right angle turns. When you leave to head back to base, try and go from 0 mph to 2000 mph in less than one second. Our goal is to have civilians spot and/or photograph our new craft. They'll all think this kind of stuff is in Area 51. Little do they know it's scattered throughout the united states at random military bases and then we instruct our test pilots to fly low and slow over small towns. Sometimes large towns."

Even if it were conventional craft, the military just doesn't fly those around any given area. There are specific training areas they use. I live almost right next to McGuire AFB, Fort Dix, and Lakehurst NAS. I have NEVER seen fighter jets. Ever. I'm just trying to make the point that they do this over specific training areas. Not over your local mini mall and police station. I won't pretend to have inside knowledge of UFOs or secret aircraft. But I do believe I am somewhat qualified to discuss this topic as I spent about 2000 hours of my life inside Lockheed P-3C Orion's while in the U.S. Navy serving as a combat aircrewman/inflight ordnanceman/inflight photographer.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, you two bow down at the alter of Mosley and that fraud Ray Stanford. Only Ray Stanford is allowed to say there are physical crafts that look like saucers flying around our skies. He and only he is allowed to seriously suggest this, because Chris like him. Chris thinks he is smart and has film of a saucer shooting a "plasma beam"....That gets no seriously debate or follow up...but it is OK to laugh at Kehoe...got it!
Gene doesn't "bow down" to Ray Stanford—neither do I. We appreciate decades of first-class analytical work, me especially. Since you have so many negative things to say about us and the show, why don't you post a well-thought poll and see what other people think. We are always open to well-meaning criticism and will always strive to improve the show. For calling us out for not being open-minded and too opinionated, you seem to have your mind closed and made-up about us! Pot calling the kettle, in my book...

Oh yea, I forgot one other criteria...Make fun of and ridicule Derrel Simms.

FYI Gene, I have listened to about 90% of your shows over SEVERAL years. Sadly, this isn't a topic that garnishes a lot of interest, i.e., it is on the fringes, so I sometimes have to take what I can get.

Just noting what I see as glaring problems with the show.

Are we listening to the same show? I've scanned over your complaints above, and can't relate to them.
-actually, it all sounds rather personal to me. Maybe a ufo break is needed, that could go a long way in not taking it all so personal enough where a need to nitpick every episode.

Back