• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jacques Vallee interview and Jesus of Nazareth

bentupper

Skilled Investigator
Hi guys. I recently listened to the Jacques Vallee interview where he is discussing the Wonders in the Sky book. Something got me thinking in light of some of the other threads on Jesus as well as the show with Brendan O'Brien.

In the Vallee show he says they only used cases where they had a record of time, place, description and witnesses (something like that - may not be exact) or else they didn't use it.

My question is, what are your thoughts on Jesus of Nazareth? His existence is well chronicled in the Bible by multiple people (The gospels), and the place is recorded. As for the time, we are calling this year 2012 because of his existence. That seems fairly substantial as a case. He was born under a bright star in the sky (possibly a UFO event), and he was said to have performed miracles which have been documented in the Bible.

I'm really curious to know for the skeptics (of which I consider myself one), what do you think of this. We have a case with time, place, description and multiple witnesses, yet this seems to be one of the most debatable cases of all time that skeptics want to toss out, or worse, outright ridicule.

I'm a Catholic but I don't believe everything blindly. I have a healthy skepticism to my faith. But I'd really like to hear what you guys have to say about this. I mean, what do you make of Jesus as a case study?

Also, does anyone know anything about Jacques Vallee's personal religious views? Perhaps this is covered in one of his books (of which I regret to say I have not read any yet). It would be interesting to know. Is Jesus covered in Wonders in the Sky?

Discussing Jesus here has produced more heat than light- or noise than signal, to use the Paracast vernacular. Anyway, discussing the topic on a show might serve to drive away some listeners, as the topic is just to emotionally charged.

I'd say pick something instead that shares some of the characteristics, but wouldn't be seen as attacking the entire premise of someone's religion.

My question is, what are your thoughts on Jesus of Nazareth? His existence is well chronicled in the Bible by multiple people (The gospels), and the place is recorded. As for the time, we are calling this year 2012 because of his existence. That seems fairly substantial as a case. He was born under a bright star in the sky (possibly a UFO event), and he was said to have performed miracles which have been documented in the Bible.

Some of the stuff we do today would have been considered miracles back then. Or worse, they would have burned me to a stake for showing them a movie on my iPad lol.

When you talk about the Bible, and most ancient spiritual texts, you have to understand that they're written for three types of people. On the first level, the masses, or laypeople. On the next level, the learned. And at the final level, the initiate. Now out of the three, the initiate only gets the full meaning and reality of what's being said.

Now the problem when it comes to Yeshua (not Jesus), is that Westerners always mix up what are two separate concepts, the possibility of an historical Jesus, and Jesus the Christ.

Did a guy named Yeshua actually actually exist back then? Who knows.

When it comes to Jesus the Christ however, it's known amongst initiates of various sytems
that the bible story of Yeshua the Christ is just one version of many versions of the story of man's cultivation of his divinity, told in parable. The original version originated in ancient Egypt (and probably untold ages before. But we're going with what can be proven by the historical record as it stands).

The story basically illustrates what's possible for man to do when he (or she) cultivates their
divine spirit (spirit meaning breath body, known as nephesh, or Qi body, among other terms), through various breathing methods, and meditation.

The abilities Yeshua is said to have, other adepts in other cultures have also had. The basic technology is the same, people just put different names on it depending on their level of understanding.

Jesus's various miracles (healing, multiplying food and drink, levitating, appearing in more than two places at once (known as bi-location by westerners, and Yang Shen emanation bodies by Taoist & Buddhist adepts), can be accomplished by any man or woman who put in the time, hard work, and dedication (Gong-Fu) to get to that level.

Christ, Krishna, Ausar (not Osiris), etc. are just different names given to those that reach this state of spiritual, mental, and physical transformation. Most westerners are just totally unaware of any of this. If he actually existed, Yeshua just had high enough level Gong-Fu to become a "Christ". But this level of attainment is available to everyone. It's just current patriarchal world belief systems that have limited this to one man (Yeshua, Muhammed, etc.)
for purposes of mass control.

For more information on this, please check out William Bodri's Meditation Expert website, and the following articles:

Christianity, Islam and Judaism Have Samadhi Cultivation Methods Within Them

Kundalini experiences and Christian mystics

Also these following books for even more details:

The Little Book of Hercules: The Physical Aspects of the Spiritual Path

Amazon.com: The Little Book of Hercules: The Physical Aspects of the Spiritual Path (9780972190718): William Bodri: Books

Tao & Longevity: Mind-Body Transformation

Amazon.com: Tao & Longevity: Mind-Body Transformation (9780877285427): Wen-Kuang Chu: Books

With regards to possible UFO aspects to Yeshua's birth. All of the stories of the births of these "God-men" have the same "signs & portents in the sky". just more initiate code.

Besides, the existence of untold numbers of dimensions, "heavens", "hells", universes, planets, and beings were known by adepts for quite some time. You automatically run into all of it as a result of
the gong-fu transformations you go through once you reach a certain level.

More information can be found in the following Kindle book, which is a translation of lectures given by Bodri's teacher Nan Huai-Chin (Nan Huaijin), where he goes over all of this:

The Mind Experiment [Kindle Edition]

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mind-Experiment-ebook/dp/B007JQHGC8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1334536299&sr=1-1
If you want "the real deal" that you can replicate and find out for yourself, then read these books, and check out Bodri's site.

Hope this helps

Hi guys. I recently listened to the Jacques Vallee interview where he is discussing the Wonders in the Sky book. Something got me thinking in light of some of the other threads on Jesus as well as the show with Brendan O'Brien.

In the Vallee show he says they only used cases where they had a record of time, place, description and witnesses (something like that - may not be exact) or else they didn't use it.

I'm really curious to know for the skeptics (of which I consider myself one), what do you think of this. We have a case with time, place, description and multiple witnesses, yet this seems to be one of the most debatable cases of all time that skeptics want to toss out, or worse, outright ridicule.

I'm a Catholic but I don't believe everything blindly. I have a healthy skepticism to my faith. But I'd really like to hear what you guys have to say about this. I mean, what do you make of Jesus as a case study?

Also, does anyone know anything about Jacques Vallee's personal religious views? Perhaps this is covered in one of his books (of which I regret to say I have not read any yet). It would be interesting to know. Is Jesus covered in Wonders in the Sky?

Which podcast were you listening to? Also I think it is safe to say Vallee is not religious.

oh no here we go again

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

The episode I was listening to was the Vallee episode on his book with Chris Albright called Wonders in the Sky. It was his most recent appearance.

Why are you guys making jokes about my questions and my thread?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I actually find the whole mystery of Jesus quite intriguing . I also think that both Jesus and the UFO field have a equal amount of blind followers and skeptics and then you have those that want to know the truth of these subjects.Whether that might be that Jesus was not of this world or was simple human with a message to spread and in the UFO field whether these craft might be Aliens,Time travelers or something else beyond this time and space or simply technology that is of this world that is being kept from us we may never know.Both of these topics will always have true believers and skeptics and then those that are on a quest for truth regardless of whether the outcome is what they have believed or wish to believe and i think it is this group of thinkers that well have the biggest reward from there search for the truth. :) If you just follow something because that is what you are told to do your whole life or completely trash a subject because it doesnt fit into your world view then what is the point.The truth is out there and people should be prepared to accept it no matter their personal feelings on any subject.I will always be fascinated by these subjects and would be fine accepting whatever the truth of these subjects might be and will always have a open mind because to not be willing to change your mind on any topic is a very sad way to live your life.I applaud your questioning and interest in this subject and I post my pic just trying to be a little lighthearted on the subject but I was in no way trying to make fun of you and hope you continue to search for answers to these questions because I have done the same my whole life and will continue to do so no matter what the subject is.

Because of what's gone in the last few weeks, perhaps send private conversations to people to ask. It has been really over the top recently regarding Jesus/Christianity/religion !
I manage not to offend whilst still putting my non-religious views across. I see no need to call names or be nasty but the subject is so 'emotionally charged' that it seems impossible to talk about it without degeneration into silliness. Sadly. As your question is well put and worthy of discussion.

Digital Trickster and Goggsmackey... thanks for your replies. I am Def in the search for truth mode. I love a story I heard about the Dalai Lama in which he was quizzed about what Buddhism would do if science were able to disprove reincarnation. He said (sic) "We would stop believing in reincarnation and move onto to something else."

I think you guys are right about the true believers who will accept anything they are instructed is "the one true way" by their organizations and/or religions. These people are dangerous.

Much better to have the people who want to believe in something but still have the wherewithal to ration it with common sense and or the requirement of evidence or some type of proof.

I think the cool thing about Christianity is the teaching of love, compassion, and the good things that help us connect and help each other. And those concepts are not the sole domain of Christians... they are present in Buddhism, Judaism and Islam as well (the big ones)... because these principles are universal and definitely require us to stop and think about why we are here and what are the motivations for our actions. The rest are details, dogma and superstition.

I started thus thread not to stir up the shit but to really try to take the pulse of the rest of you and see where you weigh in on these things.

I revert back to a quote from Eckhart Tolle in his book "A New Earth" where he says (sic) "People describe God as if they know what it is they're describing. Or they deny God as if they have any comprehension of what it is they are denying." I think that's just a fascinating way to look at faith in a higher power.

Thanks for the discussion guys!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think the cool thing about Christianity is the teaching of love, compassion, and the good things that help us connect and help each other. And those concepts are not the sole domain of Christians... they are present in Buddhism, Judaism and Islam as well (the big ones)... because these principles are universal and definitely require us to stop and think about why we are here and what are the motivations for our actions. The rest are details, dogma and superstition.

Oh boy... that message gets corrupted by humans leading to intolerance. If you're not Christian then you are an infidel. If you are not Muslim then you are an infidel.
If your Jesus was so smart he could have prevented the... Cruisades ?... with a better marketing firm maybe ?

... or are religions a devious population control scheme ?
gustave_dore_crusades_600_s640x426.jpg

Back