• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

iTunes podcast reviews

Sorry, when I read this:

What made them agree to remove it? Was it using obscene language? Racist remarks?

It sounded like you meant the censors wanted to remove the show because of obscene language & racist remarks on the show...

Gil,

We broke the guy in half, his goose is cooked... and you've got a problem with the fact that we brought him on to do the deed? Seriously? Well, OK, I guess you won't love it. I know I loved doing it, it was my mitzvah for the year. Oh, well, I guess you can't please everyone. Why try?

dB

I do appreciate that you broke him in half. But was it your intention to do so when you asked him on? I guess I was miffed because I was so opposed to it, I wrote three separate posts about him (and private messages to both of you) long in advance of anyone mentioning it, and you said not to worry about it, he'd never be on the show.

I can't imagine you guys bringing anybody on just to give them a curb job and send them packing. You might know in advance that they don't have very good odds--but that's different from malice aforethought.

Like Paola Harris--you had an honest beef with her, but you didn't start out cleaning her clock, you let her paint herself into a corner, and put her in checkmate. That was classy. I don't think of The Paracast as a bait-and-trap operation.

I guess I just didn't want him to get any publicity, even bad publicity (you know what they say about that) from The Paracast; the less attention drawn to him, the better. I don't even want people to know that hack's name.

I suppose it is the time of year for mitzvot. So, okay, thanks for having him on. :cool:

Karl Korff?

KK secretly visited the Paracast's underground helium balloon bat cave on Halloween, and appropriately enough, dressed as batshit-crazy-man. I smuggled out this video tape of Korff trying to apologize to David. Shh. Show no one.

I'm looking forward to their Ed Dames show.

I guess I just didn't want him to get any publicity, even bad publicity (you know what they say about that) from The Paracast; the less attention drawn to him, the better. I don't even want people to know that hack's name.

Well, Gil, another way to look at this is that people should know the extent of someone's scam, the depth of their depravity, and if we dig up hard evidence of their lies and crimes (which did indeed happen in this case), it is our pleasure and duty to bring them on and slice off their heads, knowing ahead of time that this was going to be the outcome. NO ONE ELSE in the paranormal world is doing this important work. Anyway, like it or not, we've done a good deed in exposing this charlatan, and I'm proud of it. Listen to the show, and then if you decide we've somehow done damage to you personally, well, we'll talk about it then.

dB

Well, Gil, another way to look at this is that people should know the extent of someone's scam, the depth of their depravity, and if we dig up hard evidence of their lies and crimes (which did indeed happen in this case), it is our pleasure and duty to bring them on and slice off their heads, knowing ahead of time that this was going to be the outcome. NO ONE ELSE in the paranormal world is doing this important work. Anyway, like it or not, we've done a good deed in exposing this charlatan, and I'm proud of it. Listen to the show, and then if you decide we've somehow done damage to you personally, well, we'll talk about it then.

dB

One of the main reasons I listen to the show is due to the above. I also like the legit people too of course. The best researchers or figures in this field are the ones who deal with the shit and the flowers.

dB

Fair enough. I sit corrected. You are indeed performing a valuable service, and I for one, am looking forward to the show. In fact, now that I've slept on it, I can't wait! :D

i just left my positive review. at the end theres a bunch of low ratings but i don't agree with them. seems like a concerted effort of payback. did my part to counteract.

Sorry, when I read this:

What made them agree to remove it? Was it using obscene language? Racist remarks?

It sounded like you meant the censors wanted to remove the show because of obscene language & racist remarks on the show...

Ya, remembering punctuation isn't enough any more, I need to remember to use adjectives, or whatever you call those, to clearly indicate the subject of the sentence.
but hey, at least I can spell, right? ::)

i just left my positive review. at the end theres a bunch of low ratings but i don't agree with them. seems like a concerted effort of payback. did my part to counteract.
You can't know how much we appreciate all this.

But I agree that, while there are certainly people who honestly just don't The Paracast, a few are involved in trashing us for other reasons.

Does anyone know how long it takes the Itunes people to vet and post a review? What would be the criteria for rejection?
I posted a review, heartfelt and concise with being critical of others, the night this issue was raised. I've yet to see it posted at Itunes on 19 Dec.

Yeah it takes a while. I remember I posted one a few months ago and it didnt show up for ages (I forgot about it and stopped checking until this thread).

Does anyone know how long it takes the Itunes people to vet and post a review? What would be the criteria for rejection?
I posted a review, heartfelt and concise with being critical of others, the night this issue was raised. I've yet to see it posted at Itunes on 19 Dec.

Mine was done the next day. Perhaps it depends upon how many reviews are being posted at any given time?

I left a positive review for The Paracast yesterday and it showed up right away, as soon as I sent it. Today I wanted to review something else on iTunes and I didn't see it show up even after a few hours, so I went back into iTunes and attempted to write a second review of the same show. The dialog box with my original review popped up, I added a few more words and submitted it again. My second attempt showed up immediately. Long story short, if your review doesn't show up soon, go back and write another and send it. The first one might have somehow gotten "stuck" in the system like mine.

So I was checking out our reviews on our iTunes page...

Wow. The amount of hatred out there for me is really something. A LOT of people feel I am bringing the show down with arrogance and attitude, and that Gene would be better off without my participation. I know that my confrontational style is not for everyone, but I hope I balance things out in the end. The last show of the year is going to make people extremely polarized against me in particular, and the negative aspects of the show in general: Gene & I have been referring to it as "The Crucifixion Episode", and not because it happens right around Christmas. Gil Bavel, you in particular are gonna just love that episode, I promise.

For those of you with iTunes accounts, please consider letting people know how you feel about the show and my role on it, and I'll understand if I don't get universal praise. I know that we've got as many fans as anti-fans, and I suppose you could all give me a holiday gift in the form of a few words on iTunes. I know, it's a little childish of me, but my ego needs some TLC, it's that time of year. :redface:

dB

People hate " Bill O'Reilly" too, but they watch his show anyways, so its pretty good after all. :)

I stand corrected (don't want to dissuade anyone from posting reviews at Itunes), the entire list of reviews was being sorted by "most helpful" as opposed to "most recent". A simple switch of criteria brought it up.
So, go post.

This review from The Amateur Scientist reflects my own opinion of The Paracast. The writer listens to a few episodes, then gives a reasoned critical analysis.

It's not totally damning, yet not totally encouraging either. But it is fair.

Hi guys.

I don't post all that much in the Paracast forums, but I am an avid listener of the show. Quite frankly, if you are an enthusiast in UFO Data this is the only show that counts. Period.

I've been most of the major paranormal forums on the net, and abovetopsecret.com was one of the sites i used a lot (it doesn't take long to see through their business agenda, I always thought it was funny on the ATS mix you can hear springer saying in the advert "beware of people that try to sell you conspiracy theories" Just check the huge adverts for Jim Marrs new book all over the site pfff)

It's a site that get on my nerves, too many Project Camolites, Greer-worshippers, and hoaglanders for my tastes, and their ATS Mix is a joke; their absolute failure to ask any of the right questions, and their sucky-up attitudes to their guests is the wrong face for this touchy UFO 'field'.

Don't change the show guys. Gene And David are GOLD in this field, and are not afraid to challenge the questionable motives of the many charlatans out to dupe you.

Back