• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

iTunes podcast reviews

Free episodes:

David Biedny

Paranormal Adept
So I was checking out our reviews on our iTunes page...

Wow. The amount of hatred out there for me is really something. A LOT of people feel I am bringing the show down with arrogance and attitude, and that Gene would be better off without my participation. I know that my confrontational style is not for everyone, but I hope I balance things out in the end. The last show of the year is going to make people extremely polarized against me in particular, and the negative aspects of the show in general: Gene & I have been referring to it as "The Crucifixion Episode", and not because it happens right around Christmas. Gil Bavel, you in particular are gonna just love that episode, I promise.

For those of you with iTunes accounts, please consider letting people know how you feel about the show and my role on it, and I'll understand if I don't get universal praise. I know that we've got as many fans as anti-fans, and I suppose you could all give me a holiday gift in the form of a few words on iTunes. I know, it's a little childish of me, but my ego needs some TLC, it's that time of year. :redface:

dB

To put it plainly, I wouldnt listen if you werent on the show.

Dont take that in any way as ass-kissing or anything. And no offence to Gene, but you both have a distinct role on the show and it wouldnt be the same if either of you left. Ive browsed a few of those iTunes reviews before, and honestly, the people that write negative stuff simply DO NOT GET IT.

Hey at least you're provoking discussion. I haven't looked yet (at work) but how does it correspond to comments on podcast alley? I'd like to echo the sentiment above, Dave you're not gentle, it's not for everyone and for those that don't like it there's other shows.

I don't have an itunes account. I know what you mean by this time of the year it really sucks. I think Christmas should be celebrated every five years or something like that or at least make it in the summer time. How many happy people are going to get stuck at the Denver airport this year!

I am looking forward to the show you are talking about. Keep up the good work.

When people cite certain things as reasons against the show, and I include those very same things as reasons to listen to the show you those people just dont have a fricken clue.

Honestly, its just like how nearly every podcast out there is a New Age enabler. These stupid people writing these reviews are just clueless.

Some people obviously have a very skewed idea of what arrogance is, and for me, outspoken intolerance of BS does not equal arrogance. David, if they don't like your approach, they should eff off and listen to George Snorey or Rob Simone.

I don't have an account. The reviews were good back months ago I think.

As I've said before, sometimes you can tell who's leading the pack by who has the most arrows in their back.

If dumbasses hate you, good. Sign you're doing something worth doing. If brilliant people hate you, might want to do some reflection. As for the average Joe and Maries.., expect around 50/50 approval. Then again, I've learned people are a little more inclined to voice their negative criticisms than they are their complimentary approval.

Try not to let it get to you. You're not in this for approval anyway I gather. View it maybe as an artist would. Do what you feel is best and let the chips fall where they may.

I put up a review on Itunes a long time ago. And it was good.
I just looked at the page and it has more negative reviews than it used to. The ones I have seen so far don't really look that unfair, except one or two that say you attack your guests. I don't think that's true (but then I never listened to that Paola Harris interview! :p)

BTW I just had an intuition about the possible identity of the mystery guest who gets slammed in a couple weeks....

David Sereda?

i have already posted a review praising the show as the best paranormal radio program around. like others here have already stated if a large number of those reviewers dislike your style it is most likely due to the fact that they are used to hosts candy coating their discussions with obvious frauds. i would be willing to wager that a large percentage of those itunes reviewers giving negative feedback listen to coast to coast regularly and stumbled upon your show trying to find a paranormal program similar to what coast to coast offers. at the moment the paracast is way ahead in quality compared to other paranormal programs (and i've listened to quite a few now) so i wouldn't worry David, both Gene and yourself should be proud of the program the paracast has become.

oh as an aside, i was trying to figure out the fraud you guys beat into submission in the upcoming show, i don't believe you said it was someone involved with ufos, i was hoping it was ed dames . . . god i would like to hear someone finally lay into that guy:)

I think someone needs a hug :)

David I don't think negative comments will keep people from downloading and listening to the show. In fact I think it will prove to be the opposite.

I don't have an ITunes account but I need to create one anyways cause I got my wife an IPhone for Christmas. God help those idiots trashing the show and its hosts, cause once I get going, its gonna get brutal.

Thanks for the reminder to post a review there. All that's necessary for the crow of yahoos to dominate is that reasonable listeners sit on their ass and stay quiet.

OK, I admit a person might reasonably just not like the show, but most of the tar and feathers there struck me as coming from wounded partisans of the wishful thinking - snake oil circuit. I've submitted my counter-point.

The child who stands up and yells "hey, the King isn't wearing any clothes" is rarely popular with his fellow villagers, yet his role is indespensable in a sentient, progressing society. Of course there are those who will gladly forfeit advancement and it's necessary questioning of dogma for security and a steady income.
In other words, give 'em hell Biedny! They deserve nothing less. :mad:

If this person is trying to capitalize off of lies, I hope you bust them like a pinata, Dave. Let the floor be swept clean.

BTW I just had an intuition about the possible identity of the mystery guest who gets slammed in a couple weeks....

David Sereda?

Dunno ultimately, but doubt it. David and Gene don't interact with him anymore so far as I can tell. They probably consider it a waste of time. Time will tell who it is.

I recall giving a review at what I think was Itunes back when I think it was Gene who made a sticky about it, or mentioned it in a PM. Don't think I had an account at the time either. So those inclined without an account, maybe still give it a try.

Actually, I remember a little more now, it was a survey I took. So that may be available still.

If this person is trying to capitalize off of lies, I hope you bust them like a pinata, Dave. Let the floor be swept clean.

Yeah, my fav shows are ones in which I feel truth was got at. Whether it's showing how dumb or phony someone is, or having a credible guest on telling us stuff we haven't heard a billion times already. Example, Jeff R. and Michael Horn shows are still probably my favs. I'm sure you know which category they fit in.

Back