• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

iTunes podcast reviews

Free episodes:

What about Strieber?

That last journal entry of his (someone posted it on the contactee board) was very strange and ominus. Had a bit a Hunter Thompson ring to it.

must be the US site, the Canadian iTunes has 4 very positive reviews. no negatives at all. if they post mine, then it will be 5 8)

Haveing one withount the other makes this show for me at least less attractive.
You will always get get critics slamming the show for it's style and methods.
So what, should Gene and david bow to the fans of Stephen Greer and other frauds like him.

In my opinion no, because i like the format as it stands now. Gene and David stick to yer guns, ye still have lots more ammunition to fire, so dont give up.

I'm not entirely sure what metrics are drivers in the world of podcasts, but I assume they are similar to radio's; that is, that THE most important metric is listeners/subscribers, because that translates into advertising dollars. So I'm not sure I understand why David would care that people don't like him personally. He should care if people feel he's not contributing or that he's so offensive that they unsubscribe. But, if they claim to despise him, but nonetheless listen and subscribe and even take the time to write reviews, that's good for achieving what I imagine the really important metric is.

I do think it's unfortunate, from what I've seen recently, that skin's seem very thin and nerves very sensitive around The Paracast, especially with Jeff Ritzmann and David. They really need to toughen up if they are going to play in a public forum.

There are controversies and throat-grabbing confrontations, some done respectfully, some not. But I'd imagine everyone knows, at this point, what to expect. Guest or listener, no one should be shocked or offended by what has become the distinctive character of The Paracast. And if people listen because David can be abrasive and in-your-face that's good, right? Personally, I don't think I'd ever want to pal around with David but I get a kick out of his 0-to-60 outbursts and he's primarily the reason I listen whenever I can. And I suspect I'm not alone. In short, ignore the reviews!

There used to be a commercial on tv here in the uk for a brand of sherry.
The tag line was.

"One instinctively knows when something is right"

I think this is totally applicable to The Paracast.
You have a great formula so please stick to it guys. If there are lots of negative reviews then whoever wrote them was either not really paying attention, or they have no capacity for rational thinking and need to wise up or shut up.

Been listening to the show for just about a year now, and can honestly say that
nowhere have I heard so much sense and quality commentary on not only the paranormal, but also with real razor sharp insight, a feast of observations about the way this world really is.
Not just from Gene and Dave but also from the members of this forum.

Yes like everything, it has it's ups and downs but overall this show is pure gold.
And I think in time it's importance will be more widely recognized, and it's approach
adopted.

Happy Christmas and all that Bollocks,

Mark

David, as Gene stated, you are the soul of the show.

Actually found a bad review on the Australian itunes. I've reported the post to the proper authorities and we shouldn't be hearing any more negative stuff from that poster. I added a good review, so thats four out of five positives on the Australian itunes site.

I'm not entirely sure what metrics are drivers in the world of podcasts, but I assume they are similar to radio's; that is, that THE most important metric is listeners/subscribers, because that translates into advertising dollars. So I'm not sure I understand why David would care that people don't like him personally. He should care if people feel he's not contributing or that he's so offensive that they unsubscribe. But, if they claim to despise him, but nonetheless listen and subscribe and even take the time to write reviews, that's good for achieving what I imagine the really important metric is.

I do think it's unfortunate, from what I've seen recently, that skin's seem very thin and nerves very sensitive around The Paracast, especially with Jeff Ritzmann and David. They really need to toughen up if they are going to play in a public forum.

There are controversies and throat-grabbing confrontations, some done respectfully, some not. But I'd imagine everyone knows, at this point, what to expect. Guest or listener, no one should be shocked or offended by what has become the distinctive character of The Paracast. And if people listen because David can be abrasive and in-your-face that's good, right? Personally, I don't think I'd ever want to pal around with David but I get a kick out of his 0-to-60 outbursts and he's primarily the reason I listen whenever I can. And I suspect I'm not alone. In short, ignore the reviews!

I recall hearing Howard Stern's listeners who hated him, listened to him longer each day than the ones who liked him. Go figure.

In my weird world, a host could speak in nothing but pig latin and, well, so long as it's free, it's hard to hate. I didn't start picking on C2C til they charged for their archives btw. Now if Dr. Laura has a free podcast, I'd hate it. But I wouldn't listen to it. Nor would I give it a review.

David, as Gene stated, you are the soul of the show.

Actually found a bad review on the Australian itunes. I've reported the post to the proper authorities and we shouldn't be hearing any more negative stuff from that poster. I added a good review, so thats four out of five positives on the Australian itunes site.

not that I am happy to hear about bad reviews for a podcast I enjoy, but aren't people entitled to their opinions?
What made them agree to remove it? Was it using obscene language? Racist remarks?
If it was just a review stating a dislike for the podcast, etcetera, the fact that it would be pulled makes me think censorship, and that is something none of us should be having anything to do with when it comes to denying others the right to share their opinion.
Please let us know if it was a case of inappropriate language, rather than opinion.

not that I am happy to hear about bad reviews for a podcast I enjoy, but aren't people entitled to their opinions?
What made them agree to remove it? Was it using obscene language? Racist remarks?
If it was just a review stating a dislike for the pocast, etcetera, the fact that it would be pulled makes me think censorship, and that is something none of us should be having anything to do with when it comes to denying others the right to share their opinion.
Please let us know if it was a case of inappropriate language, rather than opinion.

Of course it wasn't racist remarks, they've never made racist remarks on the show, EVER.

And, David, considering the both of you promised me you would never, ever have him on the show, then, yeah, I'm gonna love it. :question:

Go back and find that in the archives, kiddies...

Of course it wasn't racist remarks, they've never made racist remarks on the show, EVER.

And, David, considering the both of you promised me you would never, ever have him on the show, then, yeah, I'm gonna love it. :question:

Gilbavel, I was referring to the content of the review on the Australian iTunes site, NOT the show. Please go back and reread my post.

Gil,

We broke the guy in half, his goose is cooked... and you've got a problem with the fact that we brought him on to do the deed? Seriously? Well, OK, I guess you won't love it. I know I loved doing it, it was my mitzvah for the year. Oh, well, I guess you can't please everyone. Why try?

dB

I was joking about reporting people for making negative comments on the itunes store regarding the paracast. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

So I was checking out our reviews on our iTunes page...

Wow. The amount of hatred out there for me is really something. A LOT of people feel I am bringing the show down with arrogance and attitude, and that Gene would be better off without my participation. I know that my confrontational style is not for everyone, but I hope I balance things out in the end. The last show of the year is going to make people extremely polarized against me in particular, and the negative aspects of the show in general: Gene & I have been referring to it as "The Crucifixion Episode", and not because it happens right around Christmas. Gil Bavel, you in particular are gonna just love that episode, I promise.

For those of you with iTunes accounts, please consider letting people know how you feel about the show and my role on it, and I'll understand if I don't get universal praise. I know that we've got as many fans as anti-fans, and I suppose you could all give me a holiday gift in the form of a few words on iTunes. I know, it's a little childish of me, but my ego needs some TLC, it's that time of year. :redface:

dB

David:

I have iTunes on PC. How do I submit my review of the show?

This is how I did it. In itunes click on the itunes store icon located on the left hand side of itunes. Then within the itunes store search for the 'paracast', select it, then click on submit a review.

Back