• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Imbrogno Sightings?

sagesigma

Skilled Investigator
Am I correctly seeing a new book by him currently offered on the Anomalist - "Haunted Files from the Edge"? I also noticed that he is mentioned in a new book (positively reviewed on the UFO Iconoclasts) by a British psychiatrist titled "Zones of Strangeness" by Dr. Peter McCue in respect to the Hudson Valley area.

I appreciate both the Anomalist and the blog the UFO Iconoclasts quite a bit...how is Imbrogno getting dragged back into publications after his debacle last year? Was there a new development in his case to be a legitimate investigator that I happened to missed? Does this stuff just happen to fall through the cracks, or does the fortean world have short term memory? I am very surprised to see his name resurface of late.

It goes to show that you can expose a UFO researcher who is deceptive, but the results are temporary. A year or two later, and most people may forget what the fuss was all about.

From amazon page.

About the Author
Philip Imbrogno (Connecticut) is a recognized authority in the field of UFO research. He has been interviewed by The New York Times and Coast to Coast AM, has appeared on NBC's The Today Show and The Oprah Winfrey Show, and has been featured in documentaries on the History Channel, A&E, Lifetime, and HBO. Imbrogno worked closely with many top UFO investigators, including Dr. J. Allen Hynek and Bud Hopkins. He is a retired educator who spent thirty years teaching science.

It will be interesting to see if he gets any interviews.

Regardless of faking academic achievements, it's quite sad that no doubt Imbrogno has plenty talents and could maybe have been a success without the B.S?

If he was on Oprah he's no doubt a good guy and this is all a terrible misunderstanding!

Regardless of faking academic achievements, it's quite sad that no doubt Imbrogno has plenty talents and could maybe have been a success without the B.S?

If he was on Oprah he's no doubt a good guy and this is all a terrible misunderstanding!

Yeah, I was an early advocate of not throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but i seem to recall hearing gene and chris mentioning he probably fabricated some aspects of the hudson valley sightings regarding the power plant and when questioned about it, he basically shrugged it off, did I get that right guys? At which point I had to dismiss him as well.

I am not sure if this is him or just a coincidence but I stumbled across this today:

Phillip J. Imbrogno | The Kane Republican

According to the article a Phillip J Imbrogno, born 1951, passed away in May. Can anyone verify it's him? Since every bio related information seems to be deleted after his fall I couldn't find any personal data...

I am not sure if this is him or just a coincidence but I stumbled across this today:

Phillip J. Imbrogno | The Kane Republican

According to the article a Phillip J Imbrogno, born 1951, passed away in May. Can anyone verify it's him? Since every bio related information seems to be deleted after his fall I couldn't find any personal data...

I had a read from your link and from what the piece says I will vote for it not being him. Subject to change once my quals are shown to be fake.

quote="Angel of Ioren, post: 137658, member: 1395"]He was on Oprah?[/quote]

In an Interview he did with Binall he claimed to have been on the show before Oprah got famous.

"We also find out about Phil's appearance on Oprah back when she was first starting out and before she became famous. This leads to some general discussion on the problems of Ufology and the paranormal, while Phil shares some stories of dealing with the new world of paranormal reality shows.

It goes to show that you can expose a UFO researcher who is deceptive, but the results are temporary. A year or two later, and most people may forget what the fuss was all about.

Agreed. Hey there's an idea for a reality show for you ... instead of Paranormal Witness, do one called Paranormal Heckler. Get the JREF and CSI to sponsor Lance to follow Imbrogno around and heckle him wherever he goes and put it on video ... there's something I'd watch! But then again, I'd probably end up feeling sorry for the guy.

Back