1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

Imbrogno Sightings?

Discussion in 'General Freewheeling Chit-Chat' started by sagesigma, Jul 17, 2012.

1. sagesigma

sagesigma Paranormal Maven

Finance
    Am I correctly seeing a new book by him currently offered on the Anomalist - "Haunted Files from the Edge"? I also noticed that he is mentioned in a new book (positively reviewed on the UFO Iconoclasts) by a British psychiatrist titled "Zones of Strangeness" by Dr. Peter McCue in respect to the Hudson Valley area.

I appreciate both the Anomalist and the blog the UFO Iconoclasts quite a bit...how is Imbrogno getting dragged back into publications after his debacle last year? Was there a new development in his case to be a legitimate investigator that I happened to missed? Does this stuff just happen to fall through the cracks, or does the fortean world have short term memory? I am very surprised to see his name resurface of late.

2. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    It goes to show that you can expose a UFO researcher who is deceptive, but the results are temporary. A year or two later, and most people may forget what the fuss was all about.

3. trainedobserver

trainedobserver Paranormally Disenchanted

Licensed Interocitor Operator
    From amazon page.

It will be interesting to see if he gets any interviews.

4. Angel of Ioren

Angel of Ioren Friendly Skeptic Staff Member

5. trainedobserver

trainedobserver Paranormally Disenchanted

Licensed Interocitor Operator
    I can't find when that was. You would think a comprehensive list of all guests that have appeared on Oprah would yield to a Google search.

6. Angel of Ioren

Angel of Ioren Friendly Skeptic Staff Member

Maybe he was on right after he received one of his advanced degrees.

goggsmackay likes this.
  7. Wade

Wade FeralNormal master

Armchair Observer

Actually I think the press release was talking about oprah karasmakovinsky , a ukranian talk show host :rolleyes:

Aardvark and goggsmackay like this.
  8. Goggs Mackay

Goggs Mackay Administrator Staff Member

Engineer
    Regardless of faking academic achievements, it's quite sad that no doubt Imbrogno has plenty talents and could maybe have been a success without the B.S?

If he was on Oprah he's no doubt a good guy and this is all a terrible misunderstanding!

Wade likes this.
  9. Wade

Wade FeralNormal master

Armchair Observer
    Yeah, I was an early advocate of not throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but i seem to recall hearing gene and chris mentioning he probably fabricated some aspects of the hudson valley sightings regarding the power plant and when questioned about it, he basically shrugged it off, did I get that right guys? At which point I had to dismiss him as well.

10. Beltemps

Beltemps Paranormal Maven

Script writer
    I am not sure if this is him or just a coincidence but I stumbled across this today:

Phillip J. Imbrogno | The Kane Republican

According to the article a Phillip J Imbrogno, born 1951, passed away in May. Can anyone verify it's him? Since every bio related information seems to be deleted after his fall I couldn't find any personal data...

11. Goggs Mackay

Goggs Mackay Administrator Staff Member

Engineer
    I had a read from your link and from what the piece says I will vote for it not being him. Subject to change once my quals are shown to be fake.

12. Beltemps

Beltemps Paranormal Maven

Script writer
    quote="Angel of Ioren, post: 137658, member: 1395"]He was on Oprah?[/quote]

In an Interview he did with Binall he claimed to have been on the show before Oprah got famous.

"We also find out about Phil's appearance on Oprah back when she was first starting out and before she became famous. This leads to some general discussion on the problems of Ufology and the paranormal, while Phil shares some stories of dealing with the new world of paranormal reality shows.

13. Usual Suspect

Usual Suspect USI Calgary

Home Page:
    Agreed. Hey there's an idea for a reality show for you ... instead of Paranormal Witness, do one called Paranormal Heckler. Get the JREF and CSI to sponsor Lance to follow Imbrogno around and heckle him wherever he goes and put it on video ... there's something I'd watch! But then again, I'd probably end up feeling sorry for the guy.