• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How to Tell S**t from Shinola

My sister also found god "again" or as they call it born again. She was going through a hard patch with divorce etc and had a mental melt down. Now all I get if I talk to her is have you found god yet, or you must find god and give all you have to the church so you can be saved.

Saved from what? and I did not know the guy was lost! :)

She was always a Christian but now its 100 fold worse than it ever was. I was kicked out of the family for renouncing my family's chosen dogma but I have no regrets for my mind is free and I have no need of their poison.

Sorry that was a bit blunt but its the truth.

Reminds me of a friend of mines stock reply to the doorknocking variety

"have you found jesus yet ?"

"Dont tell me youve lost that halfwit again........."

I say "funny name for a dog..... he'll come home when hes hungry, unless he gets hit by a car, you really need to be more careful"

Its like watching the destruction of drug addiction without the drugs, it really is the opiate of the masses, and every bit as destructive

Perfect analogy.
My mother is a rabid christian and that's being nice about it. So yeah I am glad I am the outcast as it means I do not have to deal with the insane BS every day, but I was one of those Christians myself a long time ago and would have fought tooth and nail to defended my religion.

My problem is I asked questions.. or should I say my saving grace is that I questioned it all.

I used tim 2:12 to deal with these two ladys.....
It was hilarious they did not even know of the passage, they had spent an hour, bibles clutched in their hands index fingers fully erect preaching the word..... i said look up timothy 2:12.

SzVwc.jpg

And then STFU, they did

There comes a time when a rational mind sees it for what it is, you have to graduate to the next level, even if that means leaving the others behind.

Sagan now there is a mind that is sorely missed these days.

The Universe is an extremely big place and to think you have all the answers because a book written by what amounts to desert sheep herders tells you so is delusional and arrogant in the extreme.

I know I have said that before but I find myself repeating it more and more these days..

No one has all the answers it is true and neither will you find them all in science, but at least with science you have a chance to gain an understanding and not fall back on "I don't know.. then GOD must have done it"
If we knew all the answers there would no mystery to solve! Jesus did not exist because he was not the son of God, he was the Sun. Christianity is nothing more than a distorted version of Sun worshiping. It appears as though there is two separate realities: The reality man creates, and the reality that exists separate from man. Religious dogma is dangerous in the sense that it locks people into a false paradigm and prevents them from growing and discovering their true nature.

If we knew all the answers there would no mystery to solve! Jesus did not exist because he was not the son of God, he was the Sun. Christianity is nothing more than a distorted version of Sun worshiping. It appears as though there is two separate realities: The reality man creates, and the reality that exists separate from man. Religious dogma is dangerous in the sense that it locks people into a false paradigm and prevents them from growing and discovering their true nature.

Yeah man that song springs to mind.

Peace and good to see you posting here.

I used tim 2:12 to deal with these two ladys.....
It was hilarious they did not even know of the passage, they had spent an hour, bibles clutched in their hands index fingers fully erect preaching the word..... i said look up timothy 2:12.
And then STFU, they did

There comes a time when a rational mind sees it for what it is, you have to graduate to the next level, even if that means leaving the others behind.

Its an intelligence test I guess.

I will also add that it is not only religion I am now seeing in this light. Have I become more skeptical? yes and no. I think I have just become far more critical about what I see as out right BS.

I will also add that it is not only religion I am now seeing in this light. Have I become more skeptical? yes and no. I think I have just become far more critical about what I see as out right BS.
That is because the manure, just keeps piling up, higher, and higher! There is more to reality than meets the eye.

Same here, this isnt about Xstianity thats just one facet of the problem, im opposed to any brainwashing and wilful ignorance

This example is just sickmaking

Same here, this isnt about Xstianity thats just one facet of the problem, im opposed to any brainwashing and wilful ignorance

This example is just sickmaking

Simply sickening .. words fail me. Personally I do not care if you are Jew, Christian, Arab, black, white, blue, green, or purple with pink spots, dogma and hatred is simply that sickening.

Another one

Brainwashing children......... what a waste of potential

That is how the virus of religion and racial dogma propagates itself by the brainwashing of the next generation.

"Give me the child and I will show you the man" that rings so very true.

Simply sickening .. words fail me. Personally I do not care if you are Jew, Christian, Arab, black, white, blue, green, or purple with pink spots, dogma and hatred is simply that sickening.

At 3 and a half this child likely cant even read yet, but already shes brainwashed into thinking all jews are pigs and apes.

This is what religion does, the packaging is different from brand to brandname, but the bullshit in the box smells the same

Can you imagine what a hypothetical alien species visiting might think.
Some poor bastard nailed to a plank, killed by torture, and we teach the next generation this was a "good" thing. Then we eat his flesh and drink his blood..........

Would you land on their lawn ?

This is what religion does, the packaging is different from brand to brand name, but the bullshit in the box smells the same

Nail hit hard on the head there man.

Yeah it all smells the same. Interesting we have not had the usual suspects on this thread yet but I guess there is time yet.
I do hold hope that one day humanity will throw of its primitive self and march into the light of mental freedom but I will not see it my life time unless there is a radical shift in our condition that helps to change it.

The thing is we are in fact racing the clock and time is running out.

Can you imagine what a hypothetical alien species visiting might think.
Some poor bastard nailed to a plank, killed by torture, and we teach the next generation this was a "good" thing. Then we eat his flesh and drink his blood..........

Would you land on their lawn ?

Hell no I would post a sign on the outskirts of our solar system saying "danger insane monkeys enter at own risk"

Well I hope we have grown up a hell of a lot more before we start heading out into the rest of our solar system or deep space. we can not take this childish attitude out there.

Nail hit hard on the head there man.

Yeah it all smells the same. Interesting we have not had the usual suspects on this thread yet but I guess there is time yet.
I do hold hope that one day humanity will throw of its primitive self and march into the light of mental freedom but I will not see it my life time unless there is a radical shift in our condition that helps to change it.

The thing is we are in fact racing the clock and time is running out.

There is hope imo

The next generation loves the datanets, its an open source of knowledge, and with ppl like us with the courage to say it like it is, bit by bit it percolates into the global mind.
I believe science will triumph over superstition, if for no other reason its more useful, more relevant in a modern age
The internets is the very antithesis of the environment and conditions superstition needs to propagate

There is hope imo

The next generation loves the datanets, its an open source of knowledge, and with ppl like us with the courage to say it like it is, bit by bit it percolates into the global mind.
I believe science will triumph over superstion, if for no other reason its more useful, more relevant in a modern age
The internets is the very antithesis of the environment and conditions superstition needs to propagate

I like to think of places like YouTube as the place where religions go to die for there is a very strong Atheist community there and other places on the web and its growing.

Back